Chapter 1, Origins of an Obsession
1. Who is the author of the quote that begins the novel?
(a) Sherlock Holmes.
(b) Sir Ben Kingsley.
(d) Sir Thomas Browne.
2. What does the Frenchman, Chamfort, say that chance is a nickname for?
3. What is Latimer's first name?
4. What is Dimitrios' last name?
5. What is the name of the first detective novel that Latimer wrote?
(a) The Mystery of the Missing Knife.
(b) The Bloody Shovel.
(c) The Butcher Knife.
(d) The Stained Tablecoth.
6. Where does Latimer meet Colonel Haki?
7. What is the name of the woman who owns the villa that Latimer stays at?
(a) Madame Consuelos.
(b) Madame Bovary.
(c) Madame Chavez.
(d) Madame Guittierez.
8. What does Colonel Haki say to Latimer is expected of him?
(a) To travel a lot.
(b) To be smart.
(c) To be professional.
(d) To play the fool.
9. What is Colonel Haki fond of reading?
(a) The Hardy Boys.
(b) The Roman Policiers.
(c) The obituaries.
(d) Sherlock Holmes.
This section contains 3,871 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)