|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who forces Sansa to sing them a song before they escape the city?
2. Who vouches for Jon Snow when he is caught by the wildings and threatened to be killed?
3. Where do Stannis's troops have a ram?
4. Who makes Theon Greyjoy a sleeping potion when he is unable to sleep without nightmares?
5. Who tells Sansa that the women in the city have another weapon besides tears for protection?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the battle that involves Stannis' army at the riverfront.
2. What does Bran Stark dream in "Chapter 47, Bran"?
3. What happens between Tyrion Lannister and Maester Ballabar in "Chapter 68, Tyrion"?
4. Who is Ser Hyn and what is his purpose?
5. Discuss the dream Jon Snow has in "Chapter 54, Jon" and the role of the eagle.
6. What does Arya Stark learn while in Roose Bolton's chambers, and what does she find while there?
7. How is Shae brought to the castle of Tyrion to be kept safe from the war?
8. Why does Daenerys flee Quarth, and what does she do while there?
9. What happens when Jon Snow and Ghorin run into the wildings in "Chapter 69, Jon"?
10. Who saves Sansa in "Chapter 53," and how does this event occur?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Night's Watch and their role in the war. Cite examples from the story to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Catelyn Stark and her father and the events their relationship cause. Give examples from the book to justify your answer.
Essay Topic 3
At the end of "A Clash of Kings," the story ends with Jojen going on a mission to find the three-eyed crowd. Discuss the ending of "A Clash of Kings" and how this ending could lead to another book to follow it and also the effects of leaving readers without an actual ending to the book.
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)