|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is found missing when Theon awakens in the night in "Chapter 51, Theon"?
2. How are Stannis's men able to cross the river to gain leverage during battle?
3. Whose sister arrives at the start of "Chapter 57, Theon"?
4. After killing Bran and Rickon, what happens to Theon Greyjoy?
5. Who is the only one left in the party of Jon Snow when fleeing the wilding?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the dream Jon Snow has in "Chapter 54, Jon" and the role of the eagle.
2. Discuss the mountings on Theon Greyjoy's wall.
3. Describe the battle that involves Stannis' army at the riverfront.
4. What occurs that leads Tywin to send Shae to the castle for safety?
5. What are Jojen, Bran and Osha's plans at the end of "A Clash of Kings"?
6. Who saves Sansa in "Chapter 53," and how does this event occur?
7. How is Arya able to escape Roose Bolton's rule in Harrnehal, and who travels with her?
8. What is Theon Greyjoy's emotional reaction to having killed Bran and Rickon Stark and what happens to him because of his crimes?
9. What is discussed between Sansa Stark and Cersei while in the ballroom during the attack of Stannis's men?
10. What is the true identity of Reek, and what happens when he reveals himself to Theon Greyjoy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the leadership, as well as personalities of Renly Baratheon and Stannis Baratheon. Cite examples from the story to justify your response.
Essay Topic 2
At the end of "A Clash of Kings," the story ends with Jojen going on a mission to find the three-eyed crowd. Discuss the ending of "A Clash of Kings" and how this ending could lead to another book to follow it and also the effects of leaving readers without an actual ending to the book.
Essay Topic 3
One character that has motives and motivations in "A Clash of Kings" is Arya Stark. Discuss Arya's motives and motivations and the reasons for them. Cite examples from the novel to support your response.
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)