|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who commands Stannis's fleet?
2. Who forces Sansa to sing them a song before they escape the city?
3. Who saves Sansa from falling off of a roof?
4. Who tells Sansa that the women in the city have another weapon besides tears for protection?
5. Who does Catelyn and Brienne go see in the dungeon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the dream Jon Snow has in "Chapter 54, Jon" and the role of the eagle.
2. What occurs that leads Tywin to send Shae to the castle for safety?
3. Who is Ygritte and what is her role in "Chapter 51, Theon"?
4. Describe the House of the Undying and who goes there against advice.
5. What happens during the meeting between Sansa and Dontos in "Chapter 66, Sansa"?
6. When Tyrion meets with the council, what do they discuss, and what changes do they make?
7. Why does Catelyn Stark go to visit Jaime in the dungeon with Brienne?
8. What are Jojen, Bran and Osha's plans at the end of "A Clash of Kings"?
9. What is Catelyn's emotional state at the beginning of "Chapter 56, Catelyn," and what does she discuss with Brienne?
10. What does Bran Stark dream in "Chapter 47, Bran"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Catelyn Stark and her father and the events their relationship cause. Give examples from the book to justify your answer.
Essay Topic 2
At the end of "A Clash of Kings," the story ends with Jojen going on a mission to find the three-eyed crowd. Discuss the ending of "A Clash of Kings" and how this ending could lead to another book to follow it and also the effects of leaving readers without an actual ending to the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolism of the red comet in "A Clash of Kings."
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)