|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the council that Daenerys talks to at the beginning of "Chapter 41, Daenerys"?
2. Where is Theon taken in his father's castle that disturbs him?
3. Why does Edmure want to guard the river fords?
4. What are Daenerys Targaryen and her people following during their trek in the desert?
5. Which word best describes Tyrion's fleet of ships?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the burning of the statues of the seven gods at Dragonstone?
2. What is Ser Gregor Clegane's behavior toward the people of Harrentown?
3. Why is Daenerys on a journey across the desert?
4. What does Theon Greyjoy feel about his father's wants for the continent and what he sees when arriving in the town of Pyke, one of the Iron Islands?
5. What is Samwell Tarly looking for in Castle Black?
6. What is Tyrion's plan in "Chapter 18, Tyrion," and what is its purpose?
7. What is greensight and who claims to have it?
8. Who is Craster and what is he said to do to children?
9. How does Ser Davos feel toward Melisandre, and what does he learn about her while talking to her?
10. Discuss the send off and emotions that occur during Myrcella's journey to Dorne.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dreams play a prominent role in "A Clash of Kings." Discuss how dreams are used and the effect they have on characters, as well as events that occur. Cite examples from the story to justify your response.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Tyrion's relationship with Shae and the positive and negatives effects it has on him. Cite examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the Others in the story, including who they are and their association with the character Craster. Cite examples from the book to justify your response.
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)