|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is asked of Wyman in exchange for his captive son?
2. Why does Asha mock Theon at the banquet they attending "Chapter 25, Theon"?
3. Who does Melisandre say is a hero reborn?
4. What does Tyrion inspect in the vaults of the Alchemists' Guild?
5. Who is known as the Bloody Mummers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Jaqen H'ghar and what does he tell Arya Stark his debt is to her?
2. What does Tyrion learn about Pycelle in "Chapter 26, Tyrion," and what happens to Pycelle because of this?
3. Discuss the send off and emotions that occur during Myrcella's journey to Dorne.
4. Who is Allar Deem and why is he disliked by many?
5. What is Samwell Tarly looking for in Castle Black?
6. What is Edmure's plan for the war when talking with Catelyn?
7. Discuss the events that take place between Daenerys and Xaro in "Chapter 41, Daenerys."
8. What is Ser Gregor Clegane's behavior toward the people of Harrentown?
9. Who does Arya Stark tell Jaqen to kill Weese in "Chapter 39, Arya," and what is her reaction after her choice is made?
10. How does Ser Davos feel toward Melisandre, and what does he learn about her while talking to her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and describe the House of the Undying and the role it plays in the story. Cite examples from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Catelyn Stark and her father and the events their relationship cause. Give examples from the book to justify your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how magic is used in the story, as well as who does and does not believe in it. Cite examples from the book to support your response.
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)