|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tyrion direct the smiths in his chambers to make?
(a) A bridge.
(b) A giant chain.
2. Why does Edmure want to guard the river fords?
(a) So the peasants will not receive their food.
(b) So Arya Stark won't try to attack.
(c) So Myrcella won't be able to arrive with her fleet.
(d) So Tywin can't cross.
3. Who has a rooted hand in a jar?
(b) Ser Allister Thorne.
(c) Ser Rodrik.
4. Who does Ser Gregor Clegane torture to learn more about the town?
(a) The queen.
(b) The villagers.
(c) The king.
(d) The peasants.
5. What are Stannis Baratheon's men ordered to burn at Dragonstone as a sacrifice to R'hllor?
(a) The Wall.
(b) Melisandre's tent.
(c) The Tower.
(d) The statues of the seven gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joffrey make a fool due to his lack of participation in the tournament that is held in his honor?
2. Which word best describes Tyrion's fleet of ships?
3. As king to the continent of Westeros, what does Theon think his father wants to restore?
4. Who is known as the Bloody Mummers?
5. What is Samwell Tarly looking for in the beginning of "Chapter 7, Jon"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Edmure's plan for the war when talking with Catelyn?
2. Why is Daenerys on a journey across the desert?
3. What does Theon Greyjoy feel about his father's wants for the continent and what he sees when arriving in the town of Pyke, one of the Iron Islands?
4. Discuss the letter Wylis receives in "Chapter 17, Bran."
5. What does Jon Snow learn about the wildings in "Chapter 44, Jon," and what is to be done about them?
6. What is Ser Gregor Clegane's behavior toward the people of Harrentown?
7. Who is Craster and what is he said to do to children?
8. Discuss the death of Renly Baratheon.
9. What causes the burning of the statues of the seven gods at Dragonstone?
10. Discuss the dream Jojen describes to Bran in "Chapter 36, Bran."
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)