|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Negotiation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many families are plaintiffs in the Woburn case?
2. Judge Skinner has a lengthy and mutual friendship with which of the attorneys?
3. Who is on the Schlictmann negotiating team in New York at Grace Chemical's office?
(a) Schlictmann, Conway, Gordon, and Phillips.
(b) Schlictmann, Conway, Crowley, and Gordon.
(c) Schlictmann, Gordon, Phillips, and Kiley.
(d) Schlictmann, Crowley, Gordon, and Kiley.
4. Who are Schlictmann's first witnesses?
(a) Expert witnesses on leukemia.
(b) Expert witnesses on the city wells.
(c) Woburn residents.
5. What is the Trial Lawyers for Public Justice?
(a) A division of the Justice Department.
(b) A public interest law firm.
(c) A committee of the American Bar Association.
(d) An organization specializing in helping the poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says: "Somebody who's been hurt has the sympathy of the jury. Big companies don't get that sympathy."
2. At a before trial settlement conference, how much does Schlictmann propose as a settlement?
3. Who says: "Oh, I wouldn't worry about groveling. We've already groveled plenty. Let's do something new in life."
4. Who says, "Through trials, society seeks not only to discover the truth about a past event, but also to forge a link between crime and punishment, between wrong and liability."
5. EPA's issue with the tannery involves what?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)