|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one sentence Shel says out loud in Part IV?
(a) You're very ignorant.
(c) Time to eat!
(d) Let's get out of here.
2. What happens to all the soldiers' guns that were in the barn?
(a) They disappear.
(b) They melt.
(c) They are taken by the soldiers when the soldiers leave.
(d) They are taken by the SWAT team.
3. Who wins the parent game?
4. What does Jack say about the Bible in Chapter 7?
(a) He finds it hard to understand.
(b) To him, it is a mystery.
(c) He likes the pictures.
(d) He likes the apostles best.
5. Where are the soldiers living?
(a) A Wendy's.
(b) A gas station.
(c) A McDonald's.
(d) A Wal-Mart.
6. Who does Low claim he is related to?
(a) Ghengis Khan.
(b) The Buddha.
(c) The Pope.
7. What does the owner's text to Eve say?
(a) Eve and the others have to leave the farm soon.
(b) Eve should take any books she wants to borrow.
(c) There is another bad storm coming.
(d) Burl and the angels are with the owner and safe.
8. What does Evie overhear the trail angels discussing?
(a) Who will adopt the baby.
(b) How they will steal all the food in the silo.
(c) How to best bury Sukey's mother.
(d) Who has the most money.
9. Why do Burl and Val go to the top of the hill in Chapter 5?
(a) To get a cell signal.
(b) To look for food.
(c) To talk to Burl's friends up there.
(d) To see the view.
10. Which goat gets shot first?
11. What do the teenagers see on the farm that amazes them in Chapter 5?
(a) The people who live there year-round.
(b) The tractor.
(c) The aurora borealis.
(d) The garden.
12. What kind of lock does the silo have?
(a) A lock that works with a skeleton key.
(b) One that works through fingerprint.
(c) A chain lock.
(d) A padlock.
13. Why does Evie decide to discount the possible presence of the tick in Chapter 5?
(a) There is medicine for the illnesses ticks bear in the silo.
(b) She is just happy to be alive.
(c) She likes ticks.
(d) Ticks can no longer make people sick.
14. Where does Sukey's mother have the baby?
(a) In an animal stall.
(b) In the cottage.
(c) In a hospital.
(d) In the woods.
15. Who stitches up Darla's wounds?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sukey come back to the farm?
2. Why do the teenagers and others on the farm give up their tradition of keeping watch?
3. Whose mother comes to the refuge where the teenagers have landed?
4. What task does Evie give Jack and Shel to distract them from the grief of Sukey's mother dying?
5. What does Luca say the teenagers need to do for the parents?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)