|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eve think is Low's problem in Chapter 7?
(a) Too much cologne.
(b) A lack of self-awareness.
(c) Being spoiled.
(d) Being too smart.
2. What does Jack say about the Bible in Chapter 7?
(a) To him, it is a mystery.
(b) He finds it hard to understand.
(c) He likes the pictures.
(d) He likes the apostles best.
3. Who does Eve credit with getting the teenagers to safety?
4. What kind of traps do Jack and Shel use for the animals?
(a) Bristly timber.
(c) Final cause.
(d) Bear traps.
5. What are the soldiers most excited about finding in the silo?
6. Which of the angels was once a sous-chef?
7. When does Jack's owl begin flying again?
(a) After the owl finds another owl.
(b) After he and Shel take off its bandage.
(c) After the band is taken off its leg.
(d) After it loses its feathers.
8. What is the one sentence Shel says out loud in Part IV?
(a) Time to eat!
(b) You're very ignorant.
(c) Let's get out of here.
9. What does Jack think Jesus is a metaphor for in the Bible?
10. Why does Evie decide to discount the possible presence of the tick in Chapter 5?
(a) Ticks can no longer make people sick.
(b) She likes ticks.
(c) There is medicine for the illnesses ticks bear in the silo.
(d) She is just happy to be alive.
11. What do the teenagers see on the farm that amazes them in Chapter 5?
(a) The tractor.
(b) The aurora borealis.
(c) The people who live there year-round.
(d) The garden.
12. Who comes to the farm in Chapter 8, surprising the teens?
(b) The twins, Amy and Kay.
(d) The parents.
13. What happens to the storms by the time they make it inland?
(a) They are more ferocious.
(b) They are tamer.
(c) They bring more water overall.
(d) They bring more lightning overall.
14. What does the governor threaten to do to Mattie by sundown in Chapter 7 if the rest of the farm crew does not give him more food?
(a) Drown him.
(b) Shoot him in the gut.
(c) Hang him.
(d) Cut his throat.
15. Who taught biology on the farm?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who taught poetry on the farm?
2. Who owns the place Burl suggests taking the teenagers after they leave the great house?
3. Who takes Evie at gunpoint into the woods in Chapter 7?
4. What do the soldiers do to Mattie's hand?
5. Where is the farm?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)