|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of a housekeeper is Dave's mother during the good times?
(a) She is untidy and doesn't care about the house.
(b) She is a clean fiend.
(c) She cleans enough to get by.
(d) She rarely cleans the house.
2. What is Dave's father's reaction to Dave's punishments?
(a) He forces Dave's mother to feed him.
(b) He doesn't do anything.
(c) He holds Dave and comforts him.
(d) He tries to convince Dave's mother that she is too harsh.
3. Why does Dave want to finish washing the dishes as quickly as possible in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) So he can play ball before school.
(b) So he can make his bed.
(c) So he can have his brother's leftover breakfast.
(d) So he can finish his homework.
4. What is Dave's punishment after the camping trip is over?
(a) He has to do the dishes every night.
(b) He has to mow the lawn.
(c) He is never to speak again unless he is told to.
(d) He has to do his brother's chores.
5. Why does Dave's mother burn his arm on the gas stove?
(a) She finds out he told a lie.
(b) She is angry that he got home late.
(c) She is angry that he didn't brush his teeth.
(d) She says that he played on the grass at school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 2, Good Times, who is in command of all family matters in Dave's household?
2. What does Dave's mother make him and his brothers to do for hours at a time in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
3. Where does Dave's family live in Chapter 2, Good Times?
4. What does Dave say when people at school ask him the cause of his bruises?
5. Why is Dave afraid to give his mother's phone number to the authorities?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)