|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dave's punishment after the camping trip is over?
(a) He has to mow the lawn.
(b) He has to do the dishes every night.
(c) He is never to speak again unless he is told to.
(d) He has to do his brother's chores.
2. After the chair incident, what does Dave's mother tell the doctor and Dave's father happened to Dave?
(a) He fell out of bed.
(b) He fell down the stairs.
(c) He fell off his bike.
(d) He fell out of a tree.
3. What does Dave's mother explain to her children while their cat is having kittens?
(a) To keep away from the mother cat.
(b) The miracle of birth.
(c) Not to touch the kittens.
(d) How cats mate.
4. What is Dave's father's reaction to Dave's punishments?
(a) He holds Dave and comforts him.
(b) He tries to convince Dave's mother that she is too harsh.
(c) He doesn't do anything.
(d) He forces Dave's mother to feed him.
5. What is the new bed assigned to Dave by his mother in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) He sleeps under the kitchen table with newspapers for covers.
(b) He sleeps in the basement.
(c) He sleeps in the doghouse in the back yard.
(d) He sleeps in the garage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dave save himself from being forced to lie across the stove?
2. What does Dave decide to do when he realizes that he finally beat his mother in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
3. What is Dave's plan when he cannot steal food from school anymore?
4. When Dave is called back to the office from his classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue, who is there to see him?
5. Where does Dave have to go while the rest of the family goes camping?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)