|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave get caught asking for food on the way to school?
(a) His brothers see him going up to houses.
(b) His father catches him at a neighbor's house.
(c) He accidentally goes to a house where a woman knows his mother.
(d) His mother sees him as she drives his brother's to school.
2. Chapter 2, Good Times, who is in command of all family matters in Dave's household?
(a) They all make decisions as a family.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His mother and father make decisions together.
3. What does Dave's mother make him and his brothers to do for hours at a time in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) Search the entire house for things she has lost.
(b) Wash the floors.
(c) Wash every piece of silverware over and over.
(d) Clean the basement.
4. What form of punishment does Dave get after his mother decides sitting in the corner is no longer effective?
(a) He has to write a hundred times that he is a bad boy.
(b) He has to stand with his face pushed into the mirror, repeating over and over that he is a bad boy.
(c) He has to stand on a chair in the corner.
(d) He has to remain silent for the entire day.
5. How does Dave eventually get food at home in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) He begs his brothers for food.
(b) He takes it out of the garbage.
(c) He begs his mother for scraps.
(d) He gets up at night and sneaks it out of the refrigerator.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dave manage to steal food from his classmates?
2. What is Dave's plan when he cannot steal food from school anymore?
3. What does Dave make sure that everyone knows about the scar on his chest?
4. What happens to Dave when he forgets what his mother sent him to do in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
5. Once school starts again in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, what is Dave's mother feeding him?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)