|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, who becomes Dave's protector?
(a) The neighbor.
(b) His brother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His father.
2. When Dave's mother receives the phone call from the authorities in Chapter 1, The Rescue, what is she told?
(a) That Dave is in the custody of the juvenile department.
(b) That Dave will be late getting home.
(c) That she should pick up Dave from school.
(d) That Dave got a detention.
3. In the beginning, how does Dave find out if he can come out of his room to play?
(a) His brothers tell him it's okay.
(b) His brothers ask Father.
(c) His mother comes into the room to tell him.
(d) His brothers ask Mother.
4. Where does Dave's mother have him sleep on the night of the chair incident?
(a) In the bottom bunk.
(b) In the top bunk.
(c) On the floor.
(d) In her bed.
5. What do all the students in Dave's class do when he returns to the classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) They hold their noses and hiss at him because he smells.
(b) They yell insults at him.
(c) They snicker at him behind their notebooks.
(d) They smile at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave told after the phone call to his mother in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
2. Why isn't Dave allowed to get a ride to school with his brothers?
3. What happens to Dave when he forgets what his mother sent him to do in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
4. Once school starts again in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, what is Dave's mother feeding him?
5. How does Dave's mother surprise him after he finishes washing the dishes in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)