|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are most of Dave's parent's arguments about?
(a) Dave's brothers.
(d) Money problems.
2. What is Dave's father's reaction to Dave's punishments?
(a) He doesn't do anything.
(b) He tries to convince Dave's mother that she is too harsh.
(c) He forces Dave's mother to feed him.
(d) He holds Dave and comforts him.
3. What are Dave and his brothers allowed to do on Christmas Eve in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Make cookies.
(b) Wait for Santa until they fall asleep.
(c) Stay up late.
(d) Open one present.
4. Who checks for new injuries on Dave every morning before school starts?
(a) Miss Woods.
(b) The principal.
(c) The school nurse.
(d) Mr. Zeigler.
5. Beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what does Dave's mother do on the days his father is away at work?
(a) She goes on shopping sprees all day.
(b) She volunteers at the hospital.
(c) She lies on the couch all day, watching television in her bathrobe.
(d) She volunteers at the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave's mother proceed to do after she announces to her children that she is sick Chapter 2, Good Times?
2. What is Dave's mother's reaction when she receives a call from the principal about Dave's condition in in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
3. Who does Dave show the scar on his chest to while he is in the principal's office?
4. Dave's mother pushes her finger down his throat, forcing him to vomit up the frozen food he stole at school. What does she do then?
5. Why does Dave not mind running to school in the morning?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)