|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave's mother proceed to do after she announces to her children that she is sick Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) She lies on the couch and falls asleep.
(b) She paints the steps leading to the garage red, placing mats over them before the paint is dry.
(c) She goes to her bedroom to lie down.
(d) She calls her husband and tells him to come home.
2. What does Dave's mother tell the principal in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) Dave hurts himself and makes up wild stories.
(b) Dave's brothers hurt him.
(c) Dave gets into fights in the neighborhood.
(d) Dave is always falling down.
3. How does Dave get caught asking for food on the way to school?
(a) His father catches him at a neighbor's house.
(b) His mother sees him as she drives his brother's to school.
(c) His brothers see him going up to houses.
(d) He accidentally goes to a house where a woman knows his mother.
4. Why does Dave want to finish washing the dishes as quickly as possible in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) So he can play ball before school.
(b) So he can finish his homework.
(c) So he can make his bed.
(d) So he can have his brother's leftover breakfast.
5. What is Dave's mother's reaction when she finds out he has been stealing lunches at school?
(a) She doesn't feed him all weekend.
(b) She makes him eat until he is sick.
(c) She tapes his mouth shut.
(d) She makes him eat his food off the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave's punishment after the camping trip is over?
2. What is Dave's mother's biggest asset?
3. How does Dave do with his school work in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
4. Why does Dave's mother start to cry on Christmas Day in Chapter 2, Good Times?
5. What kind of a housekeeper is Dave's mother during the good times?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)