|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Dave's father use for him?
(d) Big Guy.
2. What is Dave's favorite place in the world to go during vacation, according to Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) To the sea.
(b) The Russian River.
(c) To the city.
(d) Camping in the Sierras.
3. What does Dave say happened to his face when he is questioned about the bruises in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) He says that he bumped into the cabinet.
(b) He says that he fell down the stairs.
(c) He says that he tripped and fell.
(d) He says that he was playing baseball and got hit with the bat.
4. Who checks for new injuries on Dave every morning before school starts?
(a) Mr. Zeigler.
(b) The principal.
(c) The school nurse.
(d) Miss Woods.
5. Why does Dave not mind running to school in the morning?
(a) He likes to stay in shape for the track team.
(b) He likes to get to school early and talk to the teachers
(c) He can play tag with the other children in the schoolyard.
(d) He can get there early enough to steal food from other children's lunch bags.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the new bed assigned to Dave by his mother in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
2. What do Dave and his family like to do in the springtime in Chapter 2, Good Times?
3. Why does Dave's mother start to cry on Christmas Day in Chapter 2, Good Times?
4. What does Dave's father do when his mother decides Santa would not be coming to Dave?
5. What is Dave's mother's biggest asset?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)