|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave eventually get food at home in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) He takes it out of the garbage.
(b) He begs his brothers for food.
(c) He gets up at night and sneaks it out of the refrigerator.
(d) He begs his mother for scraps.
2. Once school starts again in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, what is Dave's mother feeding him?
(a) Stale bread.
(b) Leftover cereal for breakfast and a regular dinner.
(c) Leftover cereal from his brothers and no dinner.
(d) No breakfast and a full dinner.
3. How does Dave feel about school in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) It is his haven away from mother.
(b) It is torture for him.
(c) He is indifferent to it.
(d) He hates it.
4. What is the occupation of Dave's father?
(c) Bank clerk.
5. What does Dave say happened to his face when he is questioned about the bruises in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) He says that he was playing baseball and got hit with the bat.
(b) He says that he tripped and fell.
(c) He says that he bumped into the cabinet.
(d) He says that he fell down the stairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the principal give to Dave after the meeting in his office?
2. What are most of Dave's parent's arguments about?
3. What is Dave's plan when he cannot steal food from school anymore?
4. Chapter 2, Good Times, what does Dave's mother tell Dave and his brothers they should always do?
5. Who does Dave show the scar on his chest to while he is in the principal's office?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)