|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Dave does when he gets to school in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) He goes to the auditorium for assembly.
(b) He goes to his homeroom.
(c) He goes to the school office and is then sent to the nurse.
(d) He goes to the lunch room for milk.
2. Where does Dave have to go while the rest of the family goes camping?
(a) To his Aunt Josie's house.
(b) To his grandmother's house.
(c) To stay with a neighbor.
(d) To his uncle's house.
3. What does Dave's teacher, Miss Moss, start questioning him about?
(a) Why he is tired, the condition of his clothes, and his bruises.
(b) Why he doesn't take the bus.
(c) His mother's pregnancy.
(d) Why he doesn't do his homework.
4. What does Dave make sure that everyone knows about the scar on his chest?
(a) That his mother meant to hurt him.
(b) That his brother stabbed him.
(c) That is was an accident.
(d) That his father stabbed him.
5. For what reason does Dave think he has been called into the principal's office in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) Because he forgot his homework.
(b) To be given a detention for being late.
(c) To be arrested for stealing.
(d) Because he was talking in class.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what does Dave's mother do on the days his father is away at work?
2. How does Dave's mother surprise him after he finishes washing the dishes in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
3. During the good years, when do the holidays begin for Dave's family?
4. Where is Dave taken after the meeting in Mr. Hansen's office?
5. What does Dave's mother proceed to do after she announces to her children that she is sick Chapter 2, Good Times?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)