|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dave afraid to give his mother's phone number to the authorities?
(a) He is afraid his brothers will punish him.
(b) He doesn't want to disturb her.
(c) He is afraid of what she will do to him.
(d) He doesn't want her to get in trouble.
2. During the good years, when do the holidays begin for Dave's family?
(c) New Year's Day.
3. What is Dave's mother's name?
(a) Catherine Josephs.
(b) Catherine Stephens.
(c) Catherine Roerva.
(d) Catherine Roberts.
4. When Dave is called back to the office from his classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue, who is there to see him?
(a) A policeman, Mr. Hansen, Mr. Zeigler, and Miss Woods.
(b) His mother and father.
(c) His mother and brothers.
(d) His mother and Mr. Hansen.
5. What does Dave's mother tell him in Chapter 1, The Rescue to say happened to his face?
(a) He fell down the stairs.
(b) He ran into a door.
(c) The dog jumped on him.
(d) His brother hit him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave decide to do when he realizes that he finally beat his mother in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
2. Why does Dave's mother burn his arm on the gas stove?
3. What is the disgusting punishment Dave's mother invents for him when the family is vacationing at the Russian River in in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
4. In Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what do Dave's parents do from 3 p.m. until bedtime when his father is not working?
5. What does Dave's mother make him and his brothers to do for hours at a time in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)