|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Dave taken after the meeting in Mr. Hansen's office?
(a) To his father's workplace.
(b) The police station.
(c) Back to his classroom.
2. How does Dave's mother refer to him by in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(c) The boy.
(d) The brat.
3. Where does Dave have to go while the rest of the family goes camping?
(a) To his grandmother's house.
(b) To his Aunt Josie's house.
(c) To stay with a neighbor.
(d) To his uncle's house.
4. Why is Dave afraid to give his mother's phone number to the authorities?
(a) He doesn't want her to get in trouble.
(b) He is afraid his brothers will punish him.
(c) He is afraid of what she will do to him.
(d) He doesn't want to disturb her.
5. When Dave is called back to the office from his classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue, who is there to see him?
(a) His mother and father.
(b) A policeman, Mr. Hansen, Mr. Zeigler, and Miss Woods.
(c) His mother and brothers.
(d) His mother and Mr. Hansen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave's mother tell him in Chapter 1, The Rescue to say happened to his face?
2. Why isn't Dave allowed to get a ride to school with his brothers?
3. Where do Dave and his family usually go for summer vacations in Chapter 2, Good Times?
4. What does Dave's father eventually do when he keeps losing the arguments with his wife?
5. Once school starts again in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, what is Dave's mother feeding him?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)