|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dave's mother comes after him as he sits in his chair in the bedroom in Chapter 3, Bad Boy. What does she do to him?
(a) She tells him she is sorry.
(b) She brushes his hair.
(c) She gives him a hug.
(d) She hits him over and over and dislocates his shoulder.
2. What are Dave and his brothers allowed to do on Christmas Eve in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Wait for Santa until they fall asleep.
(b) Stay up late.
(c) Open one present.
(d) Make cookies.
3. Where do Dave and his family usually go for summer vacations in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) The Sierras.
(b) Portola or Memorial Park.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
4. How does Dave feel about school in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) He hates it.
(b) It is torture for him.
(c) It is his haven away from mother.
(d) He is indifferent to it.
5. What does Dave's mother tell him in Chapter 1, The Rescue to say happened to his face?
(a) The dog jumped on him.
(b) He fell down the stairs.
(c) His brother hit him.
(d) He ran into a door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of Dave's father?
2. What are most of Dave's parent's arguments about?
3. What does Dave fantasize about as he lies in bed at night in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
4. What is Dave told after the phone call to his mother in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
5. Chapter 2, Good Times, what does Dave's mother tell Dave and his brothers they should always do?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)