|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dave's mother pushes her finger down his throat, forcing him to vomit up the frozen food he stole at school. What does she do then?
(a) She makes him stand in the corner.
(b) She forces him to eat the vomited food.
(c) She forces him to eat rotten garbage.
(d) She forces him to kneel on the kitchen floor all night.
2. What kind of a housekeeper is Dave's mother during the good times?
(a) She cleans enough to get by.
(b) She is a clean fiend.
(c) She rarely cleans the house.
(d) She is untidy and doesn't care about the house.
3. How does Dave feel about telling the story of his injuries in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) He wants to tell everyone what happened.
(b) He wants to get his mother arrested.
(c) He is afraid that he will be blamed.
(d) He is reluctant to talk.
4. What is Dave told after the phone call to his mother in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) Dave is going back to his mother.
(b) Dave is to blame for everything.
(c) Dave is free.
(d) Dave should not make his mother angry.
5. What are the contents of the lunch Dave's mother has been making him every day for three years?
(a) Two jelly sandwiches and an apple.
(b) Two bologna sandwiches and carrot sticks.
(c) Two tuna sandwiches and an apple.
(d) Two peanut butter sandwiches and carrot sticks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Dave's father use for him?
2. In the beginning, how does Dave find out if he can come out of his room to play?
3. What does Dave make sure that everyone knows about the scar on his chest?
4. What is Dave's mother's reaction when she receives a call from the principal about Dave's condition in in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
5. Once school starts again in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, what is Dave's mother feeding him?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)