|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are most of Dave's parent's arguments about?
(a) Money problems.
(d) Dave's brothers.
2. How does Dave's mother look on a typical day?
(a) Soft curly hair, thin, and lovely.
(b) Long shiny hair, shining teeth, and stylish.
(c) Swollen red eyes, frazzled hair, no makeup, and overweight.
(d) Short wavy hair, glowing smile, and well-groomed.
3. Why does Dave's mother burn his arm on the gas stove?
(a) She is angry that he got home late.
(b) She finds out he told a lie.
(c) She is angry that he didn't brush his teeth.
(d) She says that he played on the grass at school.
4. Chapter 2, Good Times, what does Dave's mother tell Dave and his brothers they should always do?
(a) They should always say their prayers.
(b) They should always go to church.
(c) They should always do the best they can in everything.
(d) They should go to college.
5. Dave's mother comes after him as he sits in his chair in the bedroom in Chapter 3, Bad Boy. What does she do to him?
(a) She hits him over and over and dislocates his shoulder.
(b) She brushes his hair.
(c) She gives him a hug.
(d) She tells him she is sorry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave's punishment after the camping trip is over?
2. What nickname does Dave's father use for him?
3. Why is Dave afraid to give his mother's phone number to the authorities?
4. What does the principal give to Dave after the meeting in his office?
5. Dave's mother pushes her finger down his throat, forcing him to vomit up the frozen food he stole at school. What does she do then?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)