|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once school starts again in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, what is Dave's mother feeding him?
(a) No breakfast and a full dinner.
(b) Stale bread.
(c) Leftover cereal for breakfast and a regular dinner.
(d) Leftover cereal from his brothers and no dinner.
2. What does Dave make sure that everyone knows about the scar on his chest?
(a) That his mother meant to hurt him.
(b) That his brother stabbed him.
(c) That is was an accident.
(d) That his father stabbed him.
3. What does Dave's father eventually do when he keeps losing the arguments with his wife?
(a) He goes to bed.
(b) He hides in the garage.
(c) He packs a bag and goes to work.
(d) He sits and cries.
4. How does Dave save himself from being forced to lie across the stove?
(a) He promises to be good.
(b) He tells his mother that he loves her.
(c) He stalls for time until his brother gets home.
(d) He begs for forgiveness.
5. Why does Dave's mother push his face into the counter in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She catches him with his hands out of the dish water.
(b) He sasses her.
(c) She sees him hurting his brother.
(d) She hears him using foul language.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave's favorite place in the world to go during vacation, according to Chapter 2, Good Times?
2. What is the disgusting punishment Dave's mother invents for him when the family is vacationing at the Russian River in in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
3. Where does Dave go when he finishes his chores after school?
4. For what reason does Dave think he has been called into the principal's office in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
5. What is Dave's favorite place in Golden Gate Park?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)