|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave say when people at school ask him the cause of his bruises?
(a) He uses ready-made excuses his mother told him.
(b) He always says that he is clumsy and falls a lot.
(c) He mumbles incoherently.
(d) He makes up lies on the spot.
2. What is Dave's punishment after the camping trip is over?
(a) He is never to speak again unless he is told to.
(b) He has to do the dishes every night.
(c) He has to do his brother's chores.
(d) He has to mow the lawn.
3. Where is Dave taken after the meeting in Mr. Hansen's office?
(a) The police station.
(c) To his father's workplace.
(d) Back to his classroom.
4. What does Dave fantasize about as he lies in bed at night in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) A way out of the house.
(b) A huge chocolate cake.
(c) Running away.
(d) A huge cheeseburger with all the fixings.
5. How does Dave manage to steal food from his classmates?
(a) He grabs food right off the lunch tables.
(b) He sneaks into the lockers before lunch.
(c) Before school while his classmates are outside playing.
(d) He grabs the lunch bags of the smaller children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dave's mother comes after him as he sits in his chair in the bedroom in Chapter 3, Bad Boy. What does she do to him?
2. How does Dave's mother look on a typical day?
3. What is Dave's favorite place in Golden Gate Park?
4. Who checks for new injuries on Dave every morning before school starts?
5. Who is Dave's best friend when he repeats first grade?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)