|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dave want to finish washing the dishes as quickly as possible in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) So he can finish his homework.
(b) So he can play ball before school.
(c) So he can make his bed.
(d) So he can have his brother's leftover breakfast.
2. How does Dave's relationship with his mother change in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) From discipline to indifference.
(b) From indifference to punishment.
(c) From punishment to leniency.
(d) From discipline to punishment.
3. How does Dave feel about telling the story of his injuries in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) He is afraid that he will be blamed.
(b) He wants to get his mother arrested.
(c) He is reluctant to talk.
(d) He wants to tell everyone what happened.
4. What are most of Dave's parent's arguments about?
(b) Dave's brothers.
(c) Money problems.
5. What is the first thing Dave does when he gets to school in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) He goes to the lunch room for milk.
(b) He goes to the school office and is then sent to the nurse.
(c) He goes to his homeroom.
(d) He goes to the auditorium for assembly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the principal give to Dave after the meeting in his office?
2. How does Dave find food after being confined in the garage for hours in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
3. Dave's mother pushes her finger down his throat, forcing him to vomit up the frozen food he stole at school. What does she do then?
4. Where does Dave's family live in Chapter 2, Good Times?
5. What does Dave decide to do when he realizes that he finally beat his mother in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)