|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dave want to finish washing the dishes as quickly as possible in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) So he can make his bed.
(b) So he can have his brother's leftover breakfast.
(c) So he can finish his homework.
(d) So he can play ball before school.
2. What kind of pets does Dave's family have Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Fish, dogs, cats, and a tortoise.
(b) White mice.
(d) Fiddler crabs.
3. Why does Dave grow to hate his father more than his mother?
(a) His father does nothing to help him anymore.
(b) His father leaves the house.
(c) His father is more abusive than his mother.
(d) His father helps his mother torture him.
4. What is Dave's mother's reaction when she receives a call from the principal about Dave's condition in in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) She gives Dave two bloody noses and knocks out a tooth.
(b) She ties Dave to a chair for the night.
(c) She puts Dave in the basement all night.
(d) She resists the urge to beat Dave.
5. How does Dave get caught asking for food on the way to school?
(a) He accidentally goes to a house where a woman knows his mother.
(b) His brothers see him going up to houses.
(c) His father catches him at a neighbor's house.
(d) His mother sees him as she drives his brother's to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave's father's reaction to Dave's punishments?
2. Why does Dave's mother push his face into the counter in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
3. Why is Dave afraid to give his mother's phone number to the authorities?
4. What is the disgusting punishment Dave's mother invents for him when the family is vacationing at the Russian River in in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
5. What is Dave's favorite place in Golden Gate Park?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)