|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Dave's father use for him?
(c) Big Guy.
2. For what reason does Dave think he has been called into the principal's office in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) To be given a detention for being late.
(b) Because he forgot his homework.
(c) Because he was talking in class.
(d) To be arrested for stealing.
3. What kind of pets does Dave's family have Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) White mice.
(b) Fish, dogs, cats, and a tortoise.
(c) Fiddler crabs.
4. What is Dave's mother's favorite weapon against him?
(a) Withholding food.
(b) Kicks to the thighs.
(c) Slaps with a leather belt.
(d) Open handed slaps.
5. Dave's mother pushes her finger down his throat, forcing him to vomit up the frozen food he stole at school. What does she do then?
(a) She makes him stand in the corner.
(b) She forces him to kneel on the kitchen floor all night.
(c) She forces him to eat the vomited food.
(d) She forces him to eat rotten garbage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dave feel when he is not allowed to go camping?
2. What does Dave's father do when his mother decides Santa would not be coming to Dave?
3. What is the favorite thing Dave's mother does for her family Chapter 2, Good Times?
4. What are the contents of the lunch Dave's mother has been making him every day for three years?
5. What does Dave's mother tell him in Chapter 1, The Rescue to say happened to his face?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)