|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Good Times.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Dave and his brothers allowed to do on Christmas Eve in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Open one present.
(b) Wait for Santa until they fall asleep.
(c) Make cookies.
(d) Stay up late.
2. What is Dave's mother's favorite weapon against him?
(a) Slaps with a leather belt.
(b) Open handed slaps.
(c) Kicks to the thighs.
(d) Withholding food.
3. What piece of clothing has Dave's mother made him wear to school every day for the past two years in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) A ripped t-shirt.
(b) A shirt that hangs down to his knees.
(c) A shirt that is too small for him.
(d) A long-sleeved shirt full of holes.
4. Chapter 2, Good Times, what does Dave's mother tell Dave and his brothers they should always do?
(a) They should always say their prayers.
(b) They should always do the best they can in everything.
(c) They should go to college.
(d) They should always go to church.
5. Who checks for new injuries on Dave every morning before school starts?
(a) Miss Woods.
(b) The school nurse.
(c) The principal.
(d) Mr. Zeigler.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dave compare his family to before the abuse started?
2. During the good years, when do the holidays begin for Dave's family?
3. What nickname does Dave's father use for him?
4. Where do Dave and his family usually go for summer vacations in Chapter 2, Good Times?
5. What are the contents of the lunch Dave's mother has been making him every day for three years?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)