|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Good Times.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dave's mother's favorite weapon against him?
(a) Kicks to the thighs.
(b) Withholding food.
(c) Open handed slaps.
(d) Slaps with a leather belt.
2. When Dave is called back to the office from his classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue, who is there to see him?
(a) His mother and Mr. Hansen.
(b) His mother and father.
(c) His mother and brothers.
(d) A policeman, Mr. Hansen, Mr. Zeigler, and Miss Woods.
3. Why does Dave's mother push his face into the counter in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She catches him with his hands out of the dish water.
(b) He sasses her.
(c) She sees him hurting his brother.
(d) She hears him using foul language.
4. Where does Dave's family live in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) In a two-bedroom house in Daly City, outside of San Francisco.
(b) In a three-bedroom house in San Francisco.
(c) In a three-bedroom house in El Paso.
(d) In a two-bedroom house in Los Angeles.
5. Where is Dave taken after the meeting in Mr. Hansen's office?
(a) The police station.
(b) Back to his classroom.
(c) To his father's workplace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave's mother explain to her children while their cat is having kittens?
2. What piece of clothing has Dave's mother made him wear to school every day for the past two years in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
3. During the good years, when do the holidays begin for Dave's family?
4. Chapter 2, Good Times, who is in command of all family matters in Dave's household?
5. What do Dave and his family like to do in the springtime in Chapter 2, Good Times?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)