|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Good Times.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave make sure that everyone knows about the scar on his chest?
(a) That his father stabbed him.
(b) That his brother stabbed him.
(c) That his mother meant to hurt him.
(d) That is was an accident.
2. How does Dave's mother look on a typical day?
(a) Soft curly hair, thin, and lovely.
(b) Swollen red eyes, frazzled hair, no makeup, and overweight.
(c) Long shiny hair, shining teeth, and stylish.
(d) Short wavy hair, glowing smile, and well-groomed.
3. What does Dave's mother teach him in a small trenched hole at the Russian River?
(a) How to fish.
(b) How to catch crayfish.
(c) How to swim.
(d) How to catch minnows.
4. Where do Dave and his family usually go for summer vacations in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) The Sierras.
(b) Portola or Memorial Park.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Los Angeles.
5. What are the contents of the lunch Dave's mother has been making him every day for three years?
(a) Two peanut butter sandwiches and carrot sticks.
(b) Two tuna sandwiches and an apple.
(c) Two bologna sandwiches and carrot sticks.
(d) Two jelly sandwiches and an apple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave's mother's favorite weapon against him?
2. What does Dave's mother explain to her children while their cat is having kittens?
3. What is the rare thing Dave's mother does when he finishes eating in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
4. When Dave's mother receives the phone call from the authorities in Chapter 1, The Rescue, what is she told?
5. How does Dave feel about telling the story of his injuries in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)