|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Good Times.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do all the students in Dave's class do when he returns to the classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) They smile at him.
(b) They snicker at him behind their notebooks.
(c) They hold their noses and hiss at him because he smells.
(d) They yell insults at him.
2. What does Dave's mother tell him in Chapter 1, The Rescue to say happened to his face?
(a) The dog jumped on him.
(b) He fell down the stairs.
(c) His brother hit him.
(d) He ran into a door.
3. What is the rare thing Dave's mother does when he finishes eating in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She makes him a lunch.
(b) She combs his hair.
(c) She drives him to school.
(d) She gives him a hug.
4. Where is Dave taken after the meeting in Mr. Hansen's office?
(b) To his father's workplace.
(c) Back to his classroom.
(d) The police station.
5. How does Dave's mother look on a typical day?
(a) Swollen red eyes, frazzled hair, no makeup, and overweight.
(b) Long shiny hair, shining teeth, and stylish.
(c) Soft curly hair, thin, and lovely.
(d) Short wavy hair, glowing smile, and well-groomed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname does Dave's father use for him?
2. Who does Dave compare his family to before the abuse started?
3. What does Dave say happened to his face when he is questioned about the bruises in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
4. Why does Dave not mind running to school in the morning?
5. What is Dave's mother's name?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)