|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Good Times.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Dave does when he gets to school in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) He goes to the school office and is then sent to the nurse.
(b) He goes to the auditorium for assembly.
(c) He goes to his homeroom.
(d) He goes to the lunch room for milk.
2. What nickname does Dave's father use for him?
(c) Big Guy.
3. Why does Dave not mind running to school in the morning?
(a) He can get there early enough to steal food from other children's lunch bags.
(b) He can play tag with the other children in the schoolyard.
(c) He likes to get to school early and talk to the teachers
(d) He likes to stay in shape for the track team.
4. What does Dave's mother proceed to do after she announces to her children that she is sick Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) She lies on the couch and falls asleep.
(b) She goes to her bedroom to lie down.
(c) She paints the steps leading to the garage red, placing mats over them before the paint is dry.
(d) She calls her husband and tells him to come home.
5. How does Dave feel about telling the story of his injuries in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) He is reluctant to talk.
(b) He is afraid that he will be blamed.
(c) He wants to tell everyone what happened.
(d) He wants to get his mother arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the rare thing Dave's mother does when he finishes eating in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
2. What does Dave's mother teach him in a small trenched hole at the Russian River?
3. What does Dave's mother tell him in Chapter 1, The Rescue to say happened to his face?
4. Why does Dave want to finish washing the dishes as quickly as possible in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
5. What kind of a housekeeper is Dave's mother during the good times?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)