|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Good Times.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dave's mother's name?
(a) Catherine Josephs.
(b) Catherine Roberts.
(c) Catherine Roerva.
(d) Catherine Stephens.
2. What is Dave's favorite place in Golden Gate Park?
(a) The carousel.
(b) The reflecting pool.
(c) The beautiful flower gardens.
(d) The Steinhart Aquarium.
3. What does Dave's mother teach him in a small trenched hole at the Russian River?
(a) How to catch crayfish.
(b) How to catch minnows.
(c) How to fish.
(d) How to swim.
4. What does Dave's mother proceed to do after she announces to her children that she is sick Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) She paints the steps leading to the garage red, placing mats over them before the paint is dry.
(b) She lies on the couch and falls asleep.
(c) She calls her husband and tells him to come home.
(d) She goes to her bedroom to lie down.
5. How does Dave's mother look on a typical day?
(a) Swollen red eyes, frazzled hair, no makeup, and overweight.
(b) Short wavy hair, glowing smile, and well-groomed.
(c) Long shiny hair, shining teeth, and stylish.
(d) Soft curly hair, thin, and lovely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Dave taken after the meeting in Mr. Hansen's office?
2. In Chapter 2, Good Times, when does Dave's mom hug him, giving him a feeling of warmth and safety?
3. What does Dave say happened to his face when he is questioned about the bruises in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
4. What kind of pets does Dave's family have Chapter 2, Good Times?
5. How does Dave feel about telling the story of his injuries in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)