|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Good Times.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 2, Good Times, who is in command of all family matters in Dave's household?
(a) His father.
(b) They all make decisions as a family.
(c) His mother.
(d) His mother and father make decisions together.
2. What nickname does Dave's father use for him?
(d) Big Guy.
3. Who does Dave compare his family to before the abuse started?
(a) The Cleaver family.
(b) The Partridge family.
(c) The Ingalls family.
(d) The Brady Bunch.
4. Why is Dave afraid to give his mother's phone number to the authorities?
(a) He is afraid of what she will do to him.
(b) He doesn't want to disturb her.
(c) He is afraid his brothers will punish him.
(d) He doesn't want her to get in trouble.
5. What is the favorite thing Dave's mother does for her family Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Praying with them before bed.
(b) Singing to them at bedtime.
(c) Creating new and exotic meals.
(d) Washing and ironing their clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dave's mother look on a typical day?
2. What is the name of Dave's father?
3. What does Dave say happened to his face when he is questioned about the bruises in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
4. What does Dave's mother explain to her children while their cat is having kittens?
5. What kind of a housekeeper is Dave's mother during the good times?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)