|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Good Times.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave's mother surprise him after he finishes washing the dishes in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She gives him a kiss on the forehead.
(b) She tells him he did a good job with the dishes.
(c) She tells him she is proud of him.
(d) She allows him to eat the milk and cereal leftover in his brother's bowl.
2. Where is Dave taken after the meeting in Mr. Hansen's office?
(a) To his father's workplace.
(b) The police station.
(d) Back to his classroom.
3. Why does Dave's mother start to cry on Christmas Day in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) She burned her hand on the oven.
(b) She is so happy to have a real family.
(c) She misses her mother.
(d) She is sad that Christmas is almost over.
4. What does the principal give to Dave after the meeting in his office?
(a) A tray of food.
(b) A letter for his mother .
(c) A detention.
(d) A suspension.
5. For what reason does Dave think he has been called into the principal's office in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) Because he was talking in class.
(b) To be given a detention for being late.
(c) To be arrested for stealing.
(d) Because he forgot his homework.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave's mother teach him in a small trenched hole at the Russian River?
2. Who checks for new injuries on Dave every morning before school starts?
3. What does Dave make sure that everyone knows about the scar on his chest?
4. What is Dave's favorite place in Golden Gate Park?
5. During the good years, when do the holidays begin for Dave's family?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)