|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Good Times.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dave's mother receives the phone call from the authorities in Chapter 1, The Rescue, what is she told?
(a) That Dave got a detention.
(b) That Dave is in the custody of the juvenile department.
(c) That she should pick up Dave from school.
(d) That Dave will be late getting home.
2. What does Dave's mother teach him in a small trenched hole at the Russian River?
(a) How to fish.
(b) How to catch minnows.
(c) How to swim.
(d) How to catch crayfish.
3. What does Dave make sure that everyone knows about the scar on his chest?
(a) That his mother meant to hurt him.
(b) That his father stabbed him.
(c) That is was an accident.
(d) That his brother stabbed him.
4. What does Dave's mother tell him in Chapter 1, The Rescue to say happened to his face?
(a) His brother hit him.
(b) The dog jumped on him.
(c) He ran into a door.
(d) He fell down the stairs.
5. Where does Dave's family live in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) In a three-bedroom house in El Paso.
(b) In a two-bedroom house in Daly City, outside of San Francisco.
(c) In a three-bedroom house in San Francisco.
(d) In a two-bedroom house in Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the contents of the lunch Dave's mother has been making him every day for three years?
2. What is the occupation of Dave's father?
3. What does the principal give to Dave after the meeting in his office?
4. What is the first thing Dave does when he gets to school in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
5. What are Dave and his brothers allowed to do on Christmas Eve in Chapter 2, Good Times?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)