|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Good Times.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dave show the scar on his chest to while he is in the principal's office?
(a) The teachers.
(b) The principal.
(c) A policeman.
(d) The nurse.
2. Why is Dave afraid to give his mother's phone number to the authorities?
(a) He doesn't want to disturb her.
(b) He doesn't want her to get in trouble.
(c) He is afraid his brothers will punish him.
(d) He is afraid of what she will do to him.
3. What are Dave and his brothers allowed to do on Christmas Eve in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Open one present.
(b) Make cookies.
(c) Stay up late.
(d) Wait for Santa until they fall asleep.
4. Why does Dave want to finish washing the dishes as quickly as possible in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) So he can have his brother's leftover breakfast.
(b) So he can make his bed.
(c) So he can finish his homework.
(d) So he can play ball before school.
5. What is Dave's favorite place in the world to go during vacation, according to Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) To the city.
(b) To the sea.
(c) The Russian River.
(d) Camping in the Sierras.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Dave and his family like to do in the springtime in Chapter 2, Good Times?
2. What is Dave's mother's name?
3. What does Dave's mother proceed to do after she announces to her children that she is sick Chapter 2, Good Times?
4. What do all the students in Dave's class do when he returns to the classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
5. What does Dave's mother teach him in a small trenched hole at the Russian River?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)