|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Good Times.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do all the students in Dave's class do when he returns to the classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) They snicker at him behind their notebooks.
(b) They hold their noses and hiss at him because he smells.
(c) They smile at him.
(d) They yell insults at him.
2. What is the favorite thing Dave's mother does for her family Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Creating new and exotic meals.
(b) Washing and ironing their clothes.
(c) Praying with them before bed.
(d) Singing to them at bedtime.
3. Chapter 2, Good Times, who is in command of all family matters in Dave's household?
(a) They all make decisions as a family.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother and father make decisions together.
(d) His mother.
4. Why does Dave not mind running to school in the morning?
(a) He can get there early enough to steal food from other children's lunch bags.
(b) He likes to get to school early and talk to the teachers
(c) He likes to stay in shape for the track team.
(d) He can play tag with the other children in the schoolyard.
5. What is Dave's favorite place in the world to go during vacation, according to Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) The Russian River.
(b) Camping in the Sierras.
(c) To the city.
(d) To the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave's mother proceed to do after she announces to her children that she is sick Chapter 2, Good Times?
2. Who does Dave compare his family to before the abuse started?
3. What kind of pets does Dave's family have Chapter 2, Good Times?
4. What does Dave's mother tell him in Chapter 1, The Rescue to say happened to his face?
5. Why is Dave afraid to give his mother's phone number to the authorities?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)