|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Good Times.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dave afraid to give his mother's phone number to the authorities?
(a) He is afraid of what she will do to him.
(b) He is afraid his brothers will punish him.
(c) He doesn't want to disturb her.
(d) He doesn't want her to get in trouble.
2. What is the favorite thing Dave's mother does for her family Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Creating new and exotic meals.
(b) Singing to them at bedtime.
(c) Praying with them before bed.
(d) Washing and ironing their clothes.
3. What kind of a housekeeper is Dave's mother during the good times?
(a) She cleans enough to get by.
(b) She is a clean fiend.
(c) She is untidy and doesn't care about the house.
(d) She rarely cleans the house.
4. What do Dave and his family like to do in the springtime in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Wash the windows.
(b) Plant the vegetable garden.
(c) Go on picnics.
(d) Visit the zoo.
5. What are the contents of the lunch Dave's mother has been making him every day for three years?
(a) Two peanut butter sandwiches and carrot sticks.
(b) Two bologna sandwiches and carrot sticks.
(c) Two jelly sandwiches and an apple.
(d) Two tuna sandwiches and an apple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of Dave's father?
2. During the good years, when do the holidays begin for Dave's family?
3. What is Dave's mother's biggest asset?
4. What does Dave's mother teach him in a small trenched hole at the Russian River?
5. In Chapter 2, Good Times, when does Dave's mom hug him, giving him a feeling of warmth and safety?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)