|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Good Times.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Dave taken after the meeting in Mr. Hansen's office?
(a) Back to his classroom.
(b) The police station.
(d) To his father's workplace.
2. What is the first thing Dave does when he gets to school in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) He goes to the school office and is then sent to the nurse.
(b) He goes to the lunch room for milk.
(c) He goes to his homeroom.
(d) He goes to the auditorium for assembly.
3. What piece of clothing has Dave's mother made him wear to school every day for the past two years in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) A long-sleeved shirt full of holes.
(b) A shirt that is too small for him.
(c) A shirt that hangs down to his knees.
(d) A ripped t-shirt.
4. What is Dave's mother's favorite weapon against him?
(a) Withholding food.
(b) Kicks to the thighs.
(c) Slaps with a leather belt.
(d) Open handed slaps.
5. When does Dave's mother start decorating for the Christmas holidays in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) The day after Thanksgiving.
(b) The week before Christmas.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) Right after Halloween.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a housekeeper is Dave's mother during the good times?
2. What does the principal give to Dave after the meeting in his office?
3. What are the contents of the lunch Dave's mother has been making him every day for three years?
4. Why does Dave's mother push his face into the counter in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
5. What does Dave say happened to his face when he is questioned about the bruises in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)