|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Good Times.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave feel about telling the story of his injuries in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) He is reluctant to talk.
(b) He wants to get his mother arrested.
(c) He wants to tell everyone what happened.
(d) He is afraid that he will be blamed.
2. Why does Dave's mother start to cry on Christmas Day in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) She misses her mother.
(b) She burned her hand on the oven.
(c) She is so happy to have a real family.
(d) She is sad that Christmas is almost over.
3. What is Dave told after the phone call to his mother in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) Dave is free.
(b) Dave is going back to his mother.
(c) Dave should not make his mother angry.
(d) Dave is to blame for everything.
4. Chapter 2, Good Times, what does Dave's mother tell Dave and his brothers they should always do?
(a) They should always do the best they can in everything.
(b) They should always go to church.
(c) They should always say their prayers.
(d) They should go to college.
5. Chapter 2, Good Times, who is in command of all family matters in Dave's household?
(a) His mother and father make decisions together.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) They all make decisions as a family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave's mother proceed to do after she announces to her children that she is sick Chapter 2, Good Times?
2. What does Dave's mother explain to her children while their cat is having kittens?
3. Who does Dave show the scar on his chest to while he is in the principal's office?
4. What is Dave's mother's favorite weapon against him?
5. Why does Dave not mind running to school in the morning?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)