|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Good Times.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dave is called back to the office from his classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue, who is there to see him?
(a) His mother and Mr. Hansen.
(b) His mother and father.
(c) His mother and brothers.
(d) A policeman, Mr. Hansen, Mr. Zeigler, and Miss Woods.
2. Why is Dave afraid to give his mother's phone number to the authorities?
(a) He doesn't want to disturb her.
(b) He is afraid his brothers will punish him.
(c) He doesn't want her to get in trouble.
(d) He is afraid of what she will do to him.
3. For what reason does Dave think he has been called into the principal's office in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) Because he was talking in class.
(b) To be given a detention for being late.
(c) Because he forgot his homework.
(d) To be arrested for stealing.
4. What does Dave's mother proceed to do after she announces to her children that she is sick Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) She goes to her bedroom to lie down.
(b) She paints the steps leading to the garage red, placing mats over them before the paint is dry.
(c) She lies on the couch and falls asleep.
(d) She calls her husband and tells him to come home.
5. What is Dave told after the phone call to his mother in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) Dave is going back to his mother.
(b) Dave should not make his mother angry.
(c) Dave is to blame for everything.
(d) Dave is free.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Dave and his family usually go for summer vacations in Chapter 2, Good Times?
2. What is the occupation of Dave's father?
3. What kind of a housekeeper is Dave's mother during the good times?
4. Who does Dave compare his family to before the abuse started?
5. What piece of clothing has Dave's mother made him wear to school every day for the past two years in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)