|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Good Times.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dave show the scar on his chest to while he is in the principal's office?
(a) The nurse.
(b) The principal.
(c) The teachers.
(d) A policeman.
2. Who checks for new injuries on Dave every morning before school starts?
(a) Miss Woods.
(b) The school nurse.
(c) The principal.
(d) Mr. Zeigler.
3. Why does Dave not mind running to school in the morning?
(a) He can play tag with the other children in the schoolyard.
(b) He likes to get to school early and talk to the teachers
(c) He can get there early enough to steal food from other children's lunch bags.
(d) He likes to stay in shape for the track team.
4. How does Dave's mother surprise him after he finishes washing the dishes in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She allows him to eat the milk and cereal leftover in his brother's bowl.
(b) She gives him a kiss on the forehead.
(c) She tells him she is proud of him.
(d) She tells him he did a good job with the dishes.
5. What does Dave's mother tell him in Chapter 1, The Rescue to say happened to his face?
(a) His brother hit him.
(b) He ran into a door.
(c) He fell down the stairs.
(d) The dog jumped on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Dave and his brothers allowed to do on Christmas Eve in Chapter 2, Good Times?
2. What kind of a housekeeper is Dave's mother during the good times?
3. What does Dave say happened to his face when he is questioned about the bruises in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
4. What nickname does Dave's father use for him?
5. Where does Dave's family live in Chapter 2, Good Times?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)