|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Good Times.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave make sure that everyone knows about the scar on his chest?
(a) That his mother meant to hurt him.
(b) That his brother stabbed him.
(c) That is was an accident.
(d) That his father stabbed him.
2. What do Dave and his family like to do in the springtime in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Visit the zoo.
(b) Wash the windows.
(c) Plant the vegetable garden.
(d) Go on picnics.
3. What does Dave say happened to his face when he is questioned about the bruises in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) He says that he tripped and fell.
(b) He says that he fell down the stairs.
(c) He says that he bumped into the cabinet.
(d) He says that he was playing baseball and got hit with the bat.
4. What does Dave's mother teach him in a small trenched hole at the Russian River?
(a) How to catch minnows.
(b) How to swim.
(c) How to catch crayfish.
(d) How to fish.
5. What is the rare thing Dave's mother does when he finishes eating in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She drives him to school.
(b) She makes him a lunch.
(c) She gives him a hug.
(d) She combs his hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do all the students in Dave's class do when he returns to the classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
2. Why does Dave's mother push his face into the counter in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
3. What kind of a housekeeper is Dave's mother during the good times?
4. Who does Dave show the scar on his chest to while he is in the principal's office?
5. How does Dave's mother look on a typical day?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)