|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Good Times.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dave's mother's favorite weapon against him?
(a) Kicks to the thighs.
(b) Withholding food.
(c) Open handed slaps.
(d) Slaps with a leather belt.
2. What is Dave's mother's name?
(a) Catherine Roberts.
(b) Catherine Josephs.
(c) Catherine Roerva.
(d) Catherine Stephens.
3. What is the rare thing Dave's mother does when he finishes eating in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She drives him to school.
(b) She gives him a hug.
(c) She makes him a lunch.
(d) She combs his hair.
4. Why does Dave not mind running to school in the morning?
(a) He likes to get to school early and talk to the teachers
(b) He can play tag with the other children in the schoolyard.
(c) He likes to stay in shape for the track team.
(d) He can get there early enough to steal food from other children's lunch bags.
5. What kind of a housekeeper is Dave's mother during the good times?
(a) She rarely cleans the house.
(b) She cleans enough to get by.
(c) She is a clean fiend.
(d) She is untidy and doesn't care about the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Dave's mother start decorating for the Christmas holidays in Chapter 2, Good Times?
2. Where do Dave and his family usually go for summer vacations in Chapter 2, Good Times?
3. Why does Dave's mother push his face into the counter in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
4. During the good years, when do the holidays begin for Dave's family?
5. What is the occupation of Dave's father?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)