|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Good Times.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dave afraid to give his mother's phone number to the authorities?
(a) He doesn't want her to get in trouble.
(b) He is afraid his brothers will punish him.
(c) He doesn't want to disturb her.
(d) He is afraid of what she will do to him.
2. Why does Dave's mother push his face into the counter in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She hears him using foul language.
(b) She catches him with his hands out of the dish water.
(c) She sees him hurting his brother.
(d) He sasses her.
3. What piece of clothing has Dave's mother made him wear to school every day for the past two years in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) A shirt that hangs down to his knees.
(b) A shirt that is too small for him.
(c) A ripped t-shirt.
(d) A long-sleeved shirt full of holes.
4. For what reason does Dave think he has been called into the principal's office in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) Because he forgot his homework.
(b) To be arrested for stealing.
(c) To be given a detention for being late.
(d) Because he was talking in class.
5. How does Dave's mother look on a typical day?
(a) Soft curly hair, thin, and lovely.
(b) Short wavy hair, glowing smile, and well-groomed.
(c) Long shiny hair, shining teeth, and stylish.
(d) Swollen red eyes, frazzled hair, no makeup, and overweight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave's mother's biggest asset?
2. What does Dave's mother proceed to do after she announces to her children that she is sick Chapter 2, Good Times?
3. What kind of a housekeeper is Dave's mother during the good times?
4. When does Dave's mother start decorating for the Christmas holidays in Chapter 2, Good Times?
5. What does Dave's mother tell him in Chapter 1, The Rescue to say happened to his face?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)