|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Good Times.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave's mother surprise him after he finishes washing the dishes in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She allows him to eat the milk and cereal leftover in his brother's bowl.
(b) She tells him she is proud of him.
(c) She tells him he did a good job with the dishes.
(d) She gives him a kiss on the forehead.
2. What does Dave's mother proceed to do after she announces to her children that she is sick Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) She goes to her bedroom to lie down.
(b) She calls her husband and tells him to come home.
(c) She lies on the couch and falls asleep.
(d) She paints the steps leading to the garage red, placing mats over them before the paint is dry.
3. What kind of pets does Dave's family have Chapter 2, Good Times?
(b) Fish, dogs, cats, and a tortoise.
(c) Fiddler crabs.
(d) White mice.
4. What do Dave and his family like to do in the springtime in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Plant the vegetable garden.
(b) Go on picnics.
(c) Visit the zoo.
(d) Wash the windows.
5. For what reason does Dave think he has been called into the principal's office in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) To be given a detention for being late.
(b) Because he was talking in class.
(c) To be arrested for stealing.
(d) Because he forgot his homework.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dave not mind running to school in the morning?
2. What nickname does Dave's father use for him?
3. What is Dave's mother's favorite weapon against him?
4. Why does Dave's mother push his face into the counter in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
5. Why is Dave afraid to give his mother's phone number to the authorities?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)