|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Good Times.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 2, Good Times, who is in command of all family matters in Dave's household?
(a) They all make decisions as a family.
(b) His mother and father make decisions together.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
2. Why does Dave's mother push his face into the counter in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) He sasses her.
(b) She hears him using foul language.
(c) She catches him with his hands out of the dish water.
(d) She sees him hurting his brother.
3. What do all the students in Dave's class do when he returns to the classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) They yell insults at him.
(b) They snicker at him behind their notebooks.
(c) They hold their noses and hiss at him because he smells.
(d) They smile at him.
4. Chapter 2, Good Times, what does Dave's mother tell Dave and his brothers they should always do?
(a) They should always say their prayers.
(b) They should always do the best they can in everything.
(c) They should always go to church.
(d) They should go to college.
5. Where is Dave taken after the meeting in Mr. Hansen's office?
(a) The police station.
(b) To his father's workplace.
(c) Back to his classroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave make sure that everyone knows about the scar on his chest?
2. What does Dave say happened to his face when he is questioned about the bruises in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
3. What kind of a housekeeper is Dave's mother during the good times?
4. Where do Dave and his family usually go for summer vacations in Chapter 2, Good Times?
5. When Dave's mother receives the phone call from the authorities in Chapter 1, The Rescue, what is she told?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)