|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Good Times.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dave's mother's favorite weapon against him?
(a) Slaps with a leather belt.
(b) Kicks to the thighs.
(c) Withholding food.
(d) Open handed slaps.
2. What does the principal give to Dave after the meeting in his office?
(a) A detention.
(b) A letter for his mother .
(c) A suspension.
(d) A tray of food.
3. What kind of a housekeeper is Dave's mother during the good times?
(a) She is a clean fiend.
(b) She rarely cleans the house.
(c) She cleans enough to get by.
(d) She is untidy and doesn't care about the house.
4. Why does Dave's mother push his face into the counter in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She sees him hurting his brother.
(b) She catches him with his hands out of the dish water.
(c) He sasses her.
(d) She hears him using foul language.
5. How does Dave's mother surprise him after he finishes washing the dishes in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She gives him a kiss on the forehead.
(b) She tells him he did a good job with the dishes.
(c) She allows him to eat the milk and cereal leftover in his brother's bowl.
(d) She tells him she is proud of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dave's mother start to cry on Christmas Day in Chapter 2, Good Times?
2. What are Dave and his brothers allowed to do on Christmas Eve in Chapter 2, Good Times?
3. Why does Dave not mind running to school in the morning?
4. What do Dave and his family like to do in the springtime in Chapter 2, Good Times?
5. What does Dave's mother explain to her children while their cat is having kittens?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)