|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Good Times.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dave's mother's biggest asset?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Her determination.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her love for her family.
2. Who does Dave compare his family to before the abuse started?
(a) The Ingalls family.
(b) The Cleaver family.
(c) The Brady Bunch.
(d) The Partridge family.
3. Where does Dave's family live in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) In a three-bedroom house in San Francisco.
(b) In a three-bedroom house in El Paso.
(c) In a two-bedroom house in Los Angeles.
(d) In a two-bedroom house in Daly City, outside of San Francisco.
4. What is the occupation of Dave's father?
(d) Bank clerk.
5. How does Dave's mother surprise him after he finishes washing the dishes in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She tells him he did a good job with the dishes.
(b) She allows him to eat the milk and cereal leftover in his brother's bowl.
(c) She gives him a kiss on the forehead.
(d) She tells him she is proud of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave say happened to his face when he is questioned about the bruises in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
2. Who does Dave show the scar on his chest to while he is in the principal's office?
3. During the good years, when do the holidays begin for Dave's family?
4. When Dave is called back to the office from his classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue, who is there to see him?
5. What is Dave's mother's favorite weapon against him?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)