|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Good Times.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dave's mother push his face into the counter in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She sees him hurting his brother.
(b) She catches him with his hands out of the dish water.
(c) She hears him using foul language.
(d) He sasses her.
2. During the good years, when do the holidays begin for Dave's family?
(a) New Year's Day.
3. What is the name of Dave's father?
(a) Stephen David.
(b) David Joseph.
(c) Stephen Joseph.
(d) Joseph Stephen.
4. What does Dave's mother tell him in Chapter 1, The Rescue to say happened to his face?
(a) He ran into a door.
(b) The dog jumped on him.
(c) He fell down the stairs.
(d) His brother hit him.
5. What does Dave's mother explain to her children while their cat is having kittens?
(a) To keep away from the mother cat.
(b) The miracle of birth.
(c) Not to touch the kittens.
(d) How cats mate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of pets does Dave's family have Chapter 2, Good Times?
2. What piece of clothing has Dave's mother made him wear to school every day for the past two years in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
3. What does Dave's mother proceed to do after she announces to her children that she is sick Chapter 2, Good Times?
4. Who checks for new injuries on Dave every morning before school starts?
5. What does Dave's mother teach him in a small trenched hole at the Russian River?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)