|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Good Times.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of pets does Dave's family have Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Fish, dogs, cats, and a tortoise.
(c) Fiddler crabs.
(d) White mice.
2. Why does Dave's mother push his face into the counter in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She hears him using foul language.
(b) He sasses her.
(c) She sees him hurting his brother.
(d) She catches him with his hands out of the dish water.
3. Where do Dave and his family usually go for summer vacations in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) The Sierras.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Portola or Memorial Park.
4. What does Dave say happened to his face when he is questioned about the bruises in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) He says that he fell down the stairs.
(b) He says that he tripped and fell.
(c) He says that he bumped into the cabinet.
(d) He says that he was playing baseball and got hit with the bat.
5. Who checks for new injuries on Dave every morning before school starts?
(a) Mr. Zeigler.
(b) Miss Woods.
(c) The school nurse.
(d) The principal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave's mother proceed to do after she announces to her children that she is sick Chapter 2, Good Times?
2. When Dave's mother receives the phone call from the authorities in Chapter 1, The Rescue, what is she told?
3. During the good years, when do the holidays begin for Dave's family?
4. What does Dave make sure that everyone knows about the scar on his chest?
5. What is Dave's mother's name?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)