|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dave grow to hate his father more than his mother?
(a) His father is more abusive than his mother.
(b) His father helps his mother torture him.
(c) His father leaves the house.
(d) His father does nothing to help him anymore.
2. Dave's mother pushes her finger down his throat, forcing him to vomit up the frozen food he stole at school. What does she do then?
(a) She forces him to kneel on the kitchen floor all night.
(b) She makes him stand in the corner.
(c) She forces him to eat the vomited food.
(d) She forces him to eat rotten garbage.
3. What does Dave's mother teach him in a small trenched hole at the Russian River?
(a) How to swim.
(b) How to catch crayfish.
(c) How to catch minnows.
(d) How to fish.
4. How does Dave's relationship with his mother change in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) From indifference to punishment.
(b) From discipline to indifference.
(c) From discipline to punishment.
(d) From punishment to leniency.
5. How does Dave feel as he watches the sunset after being stabbed?
(d) Warm and alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What piece of clothing has Dave's mother made him wear to school every day for the past two years in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
2. What does Dave's father tell him when Dave goes to him for help after being stabbed?
3. What is the one thing Dave wants, even more than food in Chapter 6, While Father is Away?
4. Where does Dave go when he finishes his chores after school?
5. When does Dave feel the most alone?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)