|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Fight for Food.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dave gets home from school one day in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what does his mother tell him?
(a) He is the best in the class.
(b) He shamed his family.
(c) He needs to work harder.
(d) She is proud of him.
2. How does Dave feel about school in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) It is his haven away from mother.
(b) He hates it.
(c) It is torture for him.
(d) He is indifferent to it.
3. What is Dave's mother's biggest asset?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her intelligence.
(c) Her love for her family.
(d) Her determination.
4. Chapter 2, Good Times, who is in command of all family matters in Dave's household?
(a) They all make decisions as a family.
(b) His mother and father make decisions together.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
5. Once school starts again in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, what is Dave's mother feeding him?
(a) Stale bread.
(b) Leftover cereal from his brothers and no dinner.
(c) No breakfast and a full dinner.
(d) Leftover cereal for breakfast and a regular dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dave's mother look on a typical day?
2. What does Dave say when people at school ask him the cause of his bruises?
3. What does Dave's teacher, Miss Moss, start questioning him about?
4. What form of punishment does Dave get after his mother decides sitting in the corner is no longer effective?
5. Why does Dave grow to hate his father more than his mother?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)