|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what does Dave's mother do on the days his father is away at work?
(a) She goes on shopping sprees all day.
(b) She lies on the couch all day, watching television in her bathrobe.
(c) She volunteers at the hospital.
(d) She volunteers at the school.
2. Why does Dave's mother burn his arm on the gas stove?
(a) She finds out he told a lie.
(b) She says that he played on the grass at school.
(c) She is angry that he got home late.
(d) She is angry that he didn't brush his teeth.
3. What piece of clothing has Dave's mother made him wear to school every day for the past two years in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) A ripped t-shirt.
(b) A shirt that hangs down to his knees.
(c) A shirt that is too small for him.
(d) A long-sleeved shirt full of holes.
4. What are Dave and his brothers allowed to do on Christmas Eve in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Stay up late.
(b) Make cookies.
(c) Wait for Santa until they fall asleep.
(d) Open one present.
5. What do all the students in Dave's class do when he returns to the classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) They smile at him.
(b) They yell insults at him.
(c) They snicker at him behind their notebooks.
(d) They hold their noses and hiss at him because he smells.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the rare thing Dave's mother does when he finishes eating in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
2. How does Dave feel about telling the story of his injuries in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
3. How does Dave's mother surprise him after he finishes washing the dishes in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
4. What happens to Dave when he forgets what his mother sent him to do in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
5. What is Dave told after the phone call to his mother in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)