|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dave afraid to give his mother's phone number to the authorities?
(a) He is afraid his brothers will punish him.
(b) He doesn't want to disturb her.
(c) He is afraid of what she will do to him.
(d) He doesn't want her to get in trouble.
2. What is Dave's mother's favorite weapon against him?
(a) Withholding food.
(b) Kicks to the thighs.
(c) Open handed slaps.
(d) Slaps with a leather belt.
3. What does Dave's mother explain to her children while their cat is having kittens?
(a) Not to touch the kittens.
(b) To keep away from the mother cat.
(c) The miracle of birth.
(d) How cats mate.
4. What are the contents of the lunch Dave's mother has been making him every day for three years?
(a) Two bologna sandwiches and carrot sticks.
(b) Two jelly sandwiches and an apple.
(c) Two tuna sandwiches and an apple.
(d) Two peanut butter sandwiches and carrot sticks.
5. What does Dave's father do when his mother decides Santa would not be coming to Dave?
(a) He leaves the house.
(b) He buys Dave a huge pile of toys.
(c) He agrees with Dave's mother.
(d) He buys Dave two paint-by-numbers kits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a housekeeper is Dave's mother during the good times?
2. In the beginning, how does Dave find out if he can come out of his room to play?
3. Beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, who becomes Dave's protector?
4. For what reason does Dave think he has been called into the principal's office in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
5. Beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what does Dave's mother do on the days his father is away at work?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)