|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave's mother explain to her children while their cat is having kittens?
(a) Not to touch the kittens.
(b) How cats mate.
(c) To keep away from the mother cat.
(d) The miracle of birth.
2. Why is Dave afraid to give his mother's phone number to the authorities?
(a) He doesn't want her to get in trouble.
(b) He doesn't want to disturb her.
(c) He is afraid his brothers will punish him.
(d) He is afraid of what she will do to him.
3. What does Dave's mother proceed to do after she announces to her children that she is sick Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) She goes to her bedroom to lie down.
(b) She calls her husband and tells him to come home.
(c) She lies on the couch and falls asleep.
(d) She paints the steps leading to the garage red, placing mats over them before the paint is dry.
4. In the beginning, how does Dave find out if he can come out of his room to play?
(a) His brothers tell him it's okay.
(b) His brothers ask Mother.
(c) His mother comes into the room to tell him.
(d) His brothers ask Father.
5. What happens to Dave when he forgets what his mother sent him to do in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) He gets banned from the house.
(b) He gets sent to his room.
(c) She slaps him in the face, giving him a bloody nose.
(d) He is sent to bed without supper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who checks for new injuries on Dave every morning before school starts?
2. When Dave gets home from school one day in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what does his mother tell him?
3. For what reason does Dave think he has been called into the principal's office in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
4. Where does Dave have to go while the rest of the family goes camping?
5. Why does Dave's mother burn his arm on the gas stove?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)