|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Dave's father?
(a) Stephen Joseph.
(b) David Joseph.
(c) Joseph Stephen.
(d) Stephen David.
2. In Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what do Dave's parents do from 3 p.m. until bedtime when his father is not working?
(a) They drink and dance in the kitchen.
(b) They go out.
(c) They read the Bible.
(d) They argue.
3. What does Dave's mother proceed to do after she announces to her children that she is sick Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) She goes to her bedroom to lie down.
(b) She lies on the couch and falls asleep.
(c) She calls her husband and tells him to come home.
(d) She paints the steps leading to the garage red, placing mats over them before the paint is dry.
4. What form of punishment does Dave get after his mother decides sitting in the corner is no longer effective?
(a) He has to write a hundred times that he is a bad boy.
(b) He has to remain silent for the entire day.
(c) He has to stand on a chair in the corner.
(d) He has to stand with his face pushed into the mirror, repeating over and over that he is a bad boy.
5. What does Dave's mother make him and his brothers to do for hours at a time in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
(a) Clean the basement.
(b) Search the entire house for things she has lost.
(c) Wash the floors.
(d) Wash every piece of silverware over and over.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, Good Times, when does Dave's mom hug him, giving him a feeling of warmth and safety?
2. How does Dave's relationship with his mother change in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
3. What kind of pets does Dave's family have Chapter 2, Good Times?
4. What does Dave say happened to his face when he is questioned about the bruises in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
5. What are Dave and his brothers allowed to do on Christmas Eve in Chapter 2, Good Times?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)