|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Bad Boy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave's mother surprise him after he finishes washing the dishes in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She tells him she is proud of him.
(b) She tells him he did a good job with the dishes.
(c) She allows him to eat the milk and cereal leftover in his brother's bowl.
(d) She gives him a kiss on the forehead.
2. How does Dave's mother look on a typical day?
(a) Long shiny hair, shining teeth, and stylish.
(b) Soft curly hair, thin, and lovely.
(c) Short wavy hair, glowing smile, and well-groomed.
(d) Swollen red eyes, frazzled hair, no makeup, and overweight.
3. In Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what do Dave's parents do from 3 p.m. until bedtime when his father is not working?
(a) They read the Bible.
(b) They drink and dance in the kitchen.
(c) They go out.
(d) They argue.
4. What is the first thing Dave does when he gets to school in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) He goes to the school office and is then sent to the nurse.
(b) He goes to his homeroom.
(c) He goes to the auditorium for assembly.
(d) He goes to the lunch room for milk.
5. What is Dave's favorite place in Golden Gate Park?
(a) The reflecting pool.
(b) The beautiful flower gardens.
(c) The Steinhart Aquarium.
(d) The carousel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dave's mother burn his arm on the gas stove?
2. How does Dave do with his school work in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
3. What happens to Dave when he forgets what his mother sent him to do in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
4. What is the rare thing Dave's mother does when he finishes eating in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
5. Where does Dave's mother have him sleep on the night of the chair incident?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)