|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Accident.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave's mother tell him to do when he regains consciousness in Chapter 5, The Accident?
(a) Go eat some food.
(b) Clean up the mess.
(c) Go to bed.
(d) Finish the dishes.
2. Where does Dave have to go while the rest of the family goes camping?
(a) To his Aunt Josie's house.
(b) To stay with a neighbor.
(c) To his grandmother's house.
(d) To his uncle's house.
3. What is Dave told after the phone call to his mother in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) Dave is to blame for everything.
(b) Dave is free.
(c) Dave is going back to his mother.
(d) Dave should not make his mother angry.
4. What does Dave say happened to his face when he is questioned about the bruises in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) He says that he bumped into the cabinet.
(b) He says that he fell down the stairs.
(c) He says that he tripped and fell.
(d) He says that he was playing baseball and got hit with the bat.
5. When Dave gets home from school one day in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what does his mother tell him?
(a) He needs to work harder.
(b) He shamed his family.
(c) He is the best in the class.
(d) She is proud of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Dave and his brothers allowed to do on Christmas Eve in Chapter 2, Good Times?
2. How does Dave feel when he is not allowed to go camping?
3. Why does Dave's mother burn his arm on the gas stove?
4. During the good years, when do the holidays begin for Dave's family?
5. How does Dave feel as he watches the sunset after being stabbed?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)