|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Accident.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dave's father's reaction to Dave's punishments?
(a) He tries to convince Dave's mother that she is too harsh.
(b) He holds Dave and comforts him.
(c) He forces Dave's mother to feed him.
(d) He doesn't do anything.
2. What does Dave do to keep from screaming while his stab wound is being cleaned?
(a) Buries his face in a pillow.
(b) Puts his fist in his mouth.
(c) Bites his tongue.
(d) Stuffs a rag in his mouth.
3. Why does Dave want to finish washing the dishes as quickly as possible in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) So he can have his brother's leftover breakfast.
(b) So he can make his bed.
(c) So he can play ball before school.
(d) So he can finish his homework.
4. Where does Dave have to go while the rest of the family goes camping?
(a) To his uncle's house.
(b) To stay with a neighbor.
(c) To his grandmother's house.
(d) To his Aunt Josie's house.
5. What are Dave's feelings as he lies on his cot the night he is stabbed?
(a) He feels ashamed.
(b) He gives up.
(c) He feels abandoned.
(d) He feels like a wounded animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dave is called back to the office from his classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue, who is there to see him?
2. Where is Dave taken after the meeting in Mr. Hansen's office?
3. What does Dave's mother tell him to do after she changes his bloody clothes in in Chapter 5, The Accident?
4. What does Dave's mother explain to her children while their cat is having kittens?
5. What does Dave's mother make him and his brothers to do for hours at a time in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)