|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Accident.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dave show the scar on his chest to while he is in the principal's office?
(a) The teachers.
(b) A policeman.
(c) The nurse.
(d) The principal.
2. How does Dave eventually get food at home in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) He begs his mother for scraps.
(b) He takes it out of the garbage.
(c) He gets up at night and sneaks it out of the refrigerator.
(d) He begs his brothers for food.
3. What do all the students in Dave's class do when he returns to the classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) They hold their noses and hiss at him because he smells.
(b) They smile at him.
(c) They snicker at him behind their notebooks.
(d) They yell insults at him.
4. How does Dave feel when he is not allowed to go camping?
(a) Like a free man.
(b) Like an outcast.
(c) He is happier than he has been in a long time.
(d) He is glad to be away from his mother.
5. What kind of a housekeeper is Dave's mother during the good times?
(a) She rarely cleans the house.
(b) She is untidy and doesn't care about the house.
(c) She cleans enough to get by.
(d) She is a clean fiend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are most of Dave's parent's arguments about?
2. How often does Dave receive lunch during the summer of 1971?
3. What is Dave's mother's reaction when she finds out he has been stealing lunches at school?
4. What does Dave's mother tell him to do when he regains consciousness in Chapter 5, The Accident?
5. What is the favorite thing Dave's mother does for her family Chapter 2, Good Times?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)