|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Accident.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days pass before Dave's stab wound gets infected?
2. What piece of clothing has Dave's mother made him wear to school every day for the past two years in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) A shirt that hangs down to his knees.
(b) A shirt that is too small for him.
(c) A long-sleeved shirt full of holes.
(d) A ripped t-shirt.
3. Chapter 2, Good Times, what does Dave's mother tell Dave and his brothers they should always do?
(a) They should always do the best they can in everything.
(b) They should go to college.
(c) They should always say their prayers.
(d) They should always go to church.
4. How does Dave's mother treat the other children who come to the house for Cub Scout meetings?
(a) She tolerates them.
(b) She is impatient with them.
(c) Like kings.
(d) She doesn't speak to them.
5. What does Dave's mother tell him to do when he regains consciousness in Chapter 5, The Accident?
(a) Go eat some food.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Finish the dishes.
(d) Clean up the mess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dave's mother pushes her finger down his throat, forcing him to vomit up the frozen food he stole at school. What does she do then?
2. What does Dave make sure that everyone knows about the scar on his chest?
3. Why does Dave grow to hate his father more than his mother?
4. What position does Dave's mother force him to do while the rest of the family eats?
5. Who does Dave show the scar on his chest to while he is in the principal's office?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)