|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Accident.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave's mother treat the other children who come to the house for Cub Scout meetings?
(a) She tolerates them.
(b) She is impatient with them.
(c) Like kings.
(d) She doesn't speak to them.
2. By in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, how is Dave treated by the rest of the family?
(a) They do not acknowledge him.
(b) They sneak food to him.
(c) They visit him when mother isn't looking.
(d) They feel sorry for him.
3. What is the first thing Dave does when he gets to school in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) He goes to the school office and is then sent to the nurse.
(b) He goes to the lunch room for milk.
(c) He goes to his homeroom.
(d) He goes to the auditorium for assembly.
4. How does Dave get caught asking for food on the way to school?
(a) His mother sees him as she drives his brother's to school.
(b) He accidentally goes to a house where a woman knows his mother.
(c) His brothers see him going up to houses.
(d) His father catches him at a neighbor's house.
5. What is Russell's reaction to the harsh way mother talks to Dave?
(a) No reaction.
(b) He jumps back, startled.
(c) He cringes in fear.
(d) He cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days pass before Dave's stab wound gets infected?
2. Why isn't Dave allowed to get a ride to school with his brothers?
3. Chapter 2, Good Times, who is in command of all family matters in Dave's household?
4. What do all the students in Dave's class do when he returns to the classroom in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
5. What is the disgusting punishment Dave's mother invents for him when the family is vacationing at the Russian River in in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)