|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Accident.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning, how does Dave find out if he can come out of his room to play?
(a) His brothers tell him it's okay.
(b) His brothers ask Mother.
(c) His mother comes into the room to tell him.
(d) His brothers ask Father.
2. What is the rare thing Dave's mother does when he finishes eating in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She combs his hair.
(b) She gives him a hug.
(c) She makes him a lunch.
(d) She drives him to school.
3. What does Dave's teacher, Miss Moss, start questioning him about?
(a) Why he is tired, the condition of his clothes, and his bruises.
(b) Why he doesn't do his homework.
(c) His mother's pregnancy.
(d) Why he doesn't take the bus.
4. By in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, how is Dave treated by the rest of the family?
(a) They feel sorry for him.
(b) They sneak food to him.
(c) They do not acknowledge him.
(d) They visit him when mother isn't looking.
5. During the good years, when do the holidays begin for Dave's family?
(c) New Year's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave's mother do after Dave is stabbed?
2. What is Dave's frame of mind during the summer of 1971?
3. What is Russell's reaction to the harsh way mother talks to Dave?
4. What are Dave's feelings as he lies on his cot the night he is stabbed?
5. What kind of a housekeeper is Dave's mother during the good times?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)