|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Accident.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave save himself from being forced to lie across the stove?
(a) He stalls for time until his brother gets home.
(b) He begs for forgiveness.
(c) He tells his mother that he loves her.
(d) He promises to be good.
2. What is Dave's father's reaction to Dave's punishments?
(a) He doesn't do anything.
(b) He forces Dave's mother to feed him.
(c) He tries to convince Dave's mother that she is too harsh.
(d) He holds Dave and comforts him.
3. Why isn't Dave allowed to get a ride to school with his brothers?
(a) He gets car sick.
(b) He is no longer considered a member of the family.
(c) He is too smelly.
(d) There is no room for him.
4. What does Dave's mother tell the principal in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) Dave gets into fights in the neighborhood.
(b) Dave's brothers hurt him.
(c) Dave hurts himself and makes up wild stories.
(d) Dave is always falling down.
5. For what reason does Dave think he has been called into the principal's office in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) Because he was talking in class.
(b) To be given a detention for being late.
(c) Because he forgot his homework.
(d) To be arrested for stealing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave say happened to his face when he is questioned about the bruises in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
2. What is Dave's mother's reaction when she receives a call from the principal about Dave's condition in in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
3. Chapter 2, Good Times, who is in command of all family matters in Dave's household?
4. During the good years, when do the holidays begin for Dave's family?
5. Chapter 2, Good Times, what does Dave's mother tell Dave and his brothers they should always do?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)