|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Accident.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave's mother tell him to do when he regains consciousness in Chapter 5, The Accident?
(a) Clean up the mess.
(b) Finish the dishes.
(c) Go eat some food.
(d) Go to bed.
2. What is Dave's punishment for exceeding the allotted time for chores in Chapter 5, The Accident?
(a) A slap.
(b) A kick.
(c) A burn from the stove.
(d) No food.
3. What is the rare thing Dave's mother does when he finishes eating in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) She gives him a hug.
(b) She combs his hair.
(c) She makes him a lunch.
(d) She drives him to school.
4. What are Dave's feelings as he lies on his cot the night he is stabbed?
(a) He feels like a wounded animal.
(b) He feels ashamed.
(c) He gives up.
(d) He feels abandoned.
5. Who is Dave's best friend when he repeats first grade?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His brother Stan.
(c) The girl who lives next door.
(d) A boy from his neighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, who becomes Dave's protector?
2. What are the contents of the lunch Dave's mother has been making him every day for three years?
3. How often does Dave receive lunch during the summer of 1971?
4. What is Dave's plan when he cannot steal food from school anymore?
5. How does Dave find food after being confined in the garage for hours in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)