|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Accident.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Dave's mother threatens to kill him with a knife?
(a) She stabs Dave in the arm.
(b) She stabs Dave in the hand.
(c) She falls and the knife stabs Dave in the chest accidentally.
(d) She purposely stabs Dave in the stomach.
2. Who does Dave show the scar on his chest to while he is in the principal's office?
(a) The principal.
(b) The teachers.
(c) A policeman.
(d) The nurse.
3. Which member of the family watches Dave's every move and reports his actions back to his mother?
4. Why does Dave's mother start to cry on Christmas Day in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) She burned her hand on the oven.
(b) She misses her mother.
(c) She is so happy to have a real family.
(d) She is sad that Christmas is almost over.
5. What does the principal give to Dave after the meeting in his office?
(a) A letter for his mother .
(b) A tray of food.
(c) A suspension.
(d) A detention.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Russell's reaction to the harsh way mother talks to Dave?
2. After the chair incident, what does Dave's mother tell the doctor and Dave's father happened to Dave?
3. Beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, who becomes Dave's protector?
4. What is Dave thinking as he looks at his stab wound and sits at the bottom of the stairs?
5. What is Dave's punishment for exceeding the allotted time for chores in Chapter 5, The Accident?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)