|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Accident.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dave go when he finishes his chores after school?
(a) To stand in the basement.
(b) Out in the yard.
(c) To bed.
(d) To the neighbor's house.
2. How often does Dave receive lunch during the summer of 1971?
(a) Every other day.
(c) Once a week .
(d) Every three days.
3. What are most of Dave's parent's arguments about?
(a) Money problems.
(c) Dave's brothers.
4. What is Dave's punishment if he looks at one of his brothers?
(a) A slap in the face.
(b) A kick.
(c) A burn from the stove.
(d) No food.
5. What position does Dave's mother force him to do while the rest of the family eats?
(a) Kneeling on the floor in the corner.
(b) Standing on a chair in the corner.
(c) Standing with his face against the wall .
(d) The prisoner of war position at the bottom of the stairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dave feel about his father after he tells his father about the stabbing?
2. What does Dave's mother proceed to do after she announces to her children that she is sick Chapter 2, Good Times?
3. Who does Dave compare his family to before the abuse started?
4. What is Dave's mother's reaction when she receives a call from the principal about Dave's condition in in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
5. What are the contents of the lunch Dave's mother has been making him every day for three years?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)