|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Accident.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave fantasize about as he lies in bed at night in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) A way out of the house.
(b) Running away.
(c) A huge chocolate cake.
(d) A huge cheeseburger with all the fixings.
2. What is Dave's mother's reaction when she finds out he has been stealing lunches at school?
(a) She makes him eat until he is sick.
(b) She tapes his mouth shut.
(c) She doesn't feed him all weekend.
(d) She makes him eat his food off the floor.
3. Why does Dave not mind running to school in the morning?
(a) He can play tag with the other children in the schoolyard.
(b) He likes to stay in shape for the track team.
(c) He likes to get to school early and talk to the teachers
(d) He can get there early enough to steal food from other children's lunch bags.
4. What is Dave thinking as he looks at his stab wound and sits at the bottom of the stairs?
(a) He thinks he will die.
(b) He thinks he is a pitiful creature.
(c) He thinks his mother will eventually kill him.
(d) He wills his wound to heal.
5. Why does Dave's mother burn his arm on the gas stove?
(a) She is angry that he didn't brush his teeth.
(b) She is angry that he got home late.
(c) She says that he played on the grass at school.
(d) She finds out he told a lie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Dave does when he gets to school in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
2. What is Dave's frame of mind during the summer of 1971?
3. Where does Dave go when he finishes his chores after school?
4. What form of punishment does Dave get after his mother decides sitting in the corner is no longer effective?
5. Where does Dave's family live in Chapter 2, Good Times?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)