|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Accident.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 2, Good Times, who is in command of all family matters in Dave's household?
(a) His mother.
(b) His mother and father make decisions together.
(c) They all make decisions as a family.
(d) His father.
2. How does Dave's mother refer to him by in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
(a) The boy.
(b) The brat.
3. What is Dave told after the phone call to his mother in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
(a) Dave should not make his mother angry.
(b) Dave is going back to his mother.
(c) Dave is free.
(d) Dave is to blame for everything.
4. Chapter 2, Good Times, what does Dave's mother tell Dave and his brothers they should always do?
(a) They should go to college.
(b) They should always do the best they can in everything.
(c) They should always say their prayers.
(d) They should always go to church.
5. What form of punishment does Dave get after his mother decides sitting in the corner is no longer effective?
(a) He has to stand with his face pushed into the mirror, repeating over and over that he is a bad boy.
(b) He has to stand on a chair in the corner.
(c) He has to remain silent for the entire day.
(d) He has to write a hundred times that he is a bad boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once school starts again in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food, what is Dave's mother feeding him?
2. Why is Dave afraid to give his mother's phone number to the authorities?
3. What is Dave's father's reaction to Dave's punishments?
4. Where does Dave have to go while the rest of the family goes camping?
5. How often does Dave receive dinner during the summer of 1971?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)