|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Accident.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave think about 'the accident' with his mother when he regains consciousness?
(a) He thinks about revenge.
(b) He thinks he is going to die.
(c) It has set him free.
(d) He won't let mother hurt him again.
2. What does Dave's mother teach him in a small trenched hole at the Russian River?
(a) How to catch minnows.
(b) How to fish.
(c) How to swim.
(d) How to catch crayfish.
3. In Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what do Dave's parents do from 3 p.m. until bedtime when his father is not working?
(a) They argue.
(b) They drink and dance in the kitchen.
(c) They read the Bible.
(d) They go out.
4. Beginning in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, who becomes Dave's protector?
(a) His uncle.
(b) The neighbor.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
5. When does Dave's mother start decorating for the Christmas holidays in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) The day after Thanksgiving.
(b) Right after Halloween.
(c) The week before Christmas.
(d) Christmas Eve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave's father tell him when Dave goes to him for help after being stabbed?
2. For what reason does Dave think he has been called into the principal's office in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
3. What are most of Dave's parent's arguments about?
4. What happens to Dave when he forgets what his mother sent him to do in Chapter 3, Bad Boy?
5. What does Dave's father do when his mother decides Santa would not be coming to Dave?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)