|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Accident.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 2, Good Times, what does Dave's mother tell Dave and his brothers they should always do?
(a) They should always go to church.
(b) They should always do the best they can in everything.
(c) They should always say their prayers.
(d) They should go to college.
2. What does Dave do when he finds that his stab wound is infected?
(a) He goes to his mother for help.
(b) He goes to Stan for help.
(c) He goes to his father for help.
(d) He takes care of it himself.
3. What is Dave's mother's favorite weapon against him?
(a) Open handed slaps.
(b) Kicks to the thighs.
(c) Withholding food.
(d) Slaps with a leather belt.
4. What is Russell's reaction to the harsh way mother talks to Dave?
(a) He jumps back, startled.
(b) He cringes in fear.
(c) He cries.
(d) No reaction.
5. When does Dave's mother start decorating for the Christmas holidays in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) The day after Thanksgiving.
(b) The week before Christmas.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) Right after Halloween.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave's punishment if he looks at one of his brothers?
2. How does Dave eventually get food at home in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
3. What does Dave's mother tell him to do after she changes his bloody clothes in in Chapter 5, The Accident?
4. What does Dave do to keep from screaming while his stab wound is being cleaned?
5. For what reason does Dave think he has been called into the principal's office in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)