|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Accident.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave's mother tell him to do after she changes his bloody clothes in in Chapter 5, The Accident?
(a) Clean the blood off the rug.
(b) Go to the basement.
(c) Go to bed.
(d) Play in the driveway with his brothers.
2. What do Dave and his family like to do in the springtime in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Visit the zoo.
(b) Plant the vegetable garden.
(c) Go on picnics.
(d) Wash the windows.
3. What does Dave do to keep from screaming while his stab wound is being cleaned?
(a) Bites his tongue.
(b) Stuffs a rag in his mouth.
(c) Buries his face in a pillow.
(d) Puts his fist in his mouth.
4. How does Dave feel about his father after he tells his father about the stabbing?
(a) He loses all respect for his father.
(b) He is afraid of his father.
(c) His father is a coward.
(d) He loves his father.
5. During the good years, when do the holidays begin for Dave's family?
(a) New Year's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave's father's reaction to Dave's punishments?
2. What is Dave's punishment if he looks at one of his brothers?
3. What is the new bed assigned to Dave by his mother in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
4. What is Dave thinking as he looks at his stab wound and sits at the bottom of the stairs?
5. What are most of Dave's parent's arguments about?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)