|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Accident.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave get caught asking for food on the way to school?
(a) His mother sees him as she drives his brother's to school.
(b) His father catches him at a neighbor's house.
(c) His brothers see him going up to houses.
(d) He accidentally goes to a house where a woman knows his mother.
2. After the chair incident, what does Dave's mother tell the doctor and Dave's father happened to Dave?
(a) He fell out of a tree.
(b) He fell off his bike.
(c) He fell out of bed.
(d) He fell down the stairs.
3. How does Dave's mother look on a typical day?
(a) Swollen red eyes, frazzled hair, no makeup, and overweight.
(b) Long shiny hair, shining teeth, and stylish.
(c) Short wavy hair, glowing smile, and well-groomed.
(d) Soft curly hair, thin, and lovely.
4. How often does Dave receive dinner during the summer of 1971?
(a) Every day.
(b) Once every three days.
(c) Once every other day.
(d) Every four days.
5. What are Dave and his brothers allowed to do on Christmas Eve in Chapter 2, Good Times?
(a) Wait for Santa until they fall asleep.
(b) Open one present.
(c) Stay up late.
(d) Make cookies.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dave gets home from school one day in Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what does his mother tell him?
2. What is the rare thing Dave's mother does when he finishes eating in Chapter 1, The Rescue?
3. What is Dave's father's reaction to Dave's punishments?
4. What nickname does Dave's father use for him?
5. In Chapter 3, Bad Boy, what do Dave's parents do from 3 p.m. until bedtime when his father is not working?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)