|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, While Father is Away.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dave get caught asking for food on the way to school?
(a) His brothers see him going up to houses.
(b) He accidentally goes to a house where a woman knows his mother.
(c) His mother sees him as she drives his brother's to school.
(d) His father catches him at a neighbor's house.
2. Why does Dave grow to hate his father more than his mother?
(a) His father is more abusive than his mother.
(b) His father does nothing to help him anymore.
(c) His father leaves the house.
(d) His father helps his mother torture him.
3. What does Dave's mother teach him in a small trenched hole at the Russian River?
(a) How to catch minnows.
(b) How to catch crayfish.
(c) How to swim.
(d) How to fish.
4. In Chapter 2, Good Times, when does Dave's mom hug him, giving him a feeling of warmth and safety?
(a) When she wakes him up in the morning.
(b) When she listens to his bedtime prayers.
(c) When she tucks him into bed.
(d) Watching the sunset on the Russian River.
5. How does Dave refer to Mother's house after his father leaves?
(a) The Dungeon.
(b) The Nuthouse.
(c) The Madhouse.
(d) The Prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dave's mother's biggest asset?
2. How long does Dave go without food when his father is away?
3. When Dave's mother returns from the zoo, what does she do to him?
4. What does Dave's mother tell the principal in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
5. What is the new bed assigned to Dave by his mother in Chapter 4, The Fight for Food?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)