|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cathy warn her about as they drive to school?
2. What does Jenny do at the library?
3. What happens when Helen asks if it means James is a bad person?
4. What happens when Helen tries to pick up the penny?
5. What does Helen say when Cathy asks if she has been intimate with anyone in school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so difficult about going to school?
2. What is significant about the nest in the tree that James sees?
3. What does Helen feel as she reads her piece to Mr. Brown?
4. What is Helen supposed to do with the journal in Prayer Corner?
5. What does Helen notice as she wanders through the kitchen and study?
6. Why is the food different now from what Jenny remembers?
7. What does Helen think of the shower?
8. What happens when Helen tries to get hold of James?
9. What does James tell Helen when they are backstage, and how does she respond?
10. Why does James think he is haunting this life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is so significant about the fact that James called out the name "Diggs" when he saw the dog run into the road?
Essay Topic 2
Mitch is a rough character who still obviously cares about his family. How does the reader see the rough side, and how does he display the caring side of his character?
Essay Topic 3
Describe in great detail how the connection between Helen and Mr. Brown changes after she meets James.
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)