|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Helen try to protect in her memory?
2. Where does Helen go during her free period?
3. What happens when Helen asks if it means James is a bad person?
4. What happens when Helen tries to pick up the penny?
5. What does Helen smell as she prays for James?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Helen decide to do after Dan leaves during games night and why?
2. What does James tell Helen when she sneaks out to talk with him?
3. What does James tell Helen when they are backstage, and how does she respond?
4. What changes after Billy and Helen experience his memory?
5. Why won't Billy's friends hang out with James?
6. What happens when Helen goes to the counselor at church?
7. What is Helen supposed to do with the journal in Prayer Corner?
8. What happens when Helen goes to see James after her counseling session?
9. What is so difficult about going to school?
10. What happens when Helen tries to get hold of James?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain in detail why James thinks it's a good idea for Helen to take a body, and explain her reaction to the idea.
Essay Topic 2
What point-of-view is this book written in, and how does it affect the way the reader perceives the story?
Essay Topic 3
Describe in great detail how the connection between Helen and Mr. Brown changes after she meets James.
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)