|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James propose that Helen consider?
2. Where do the boy and the ghost go to speak?
3. What does Helen discover when she gets back to Mr. Brown's house after seeing James' house?
4. What happens when Helen tells her host about James?
5. What does the spirit notice about the young man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Helen finally moves into the girl?
2. What happens when the ghost gets too distant from her host, and how does she prevent this?
3. How is Helen different from the other ghosts that James knows?
4. Who is the boy and how did he get in the body?
5. What is the girl's home life like?
6. How does Helen show that she does somewhat control Mr. Brown's mind as James leaves on a bicycle?
7. What is so important about the third Sunday of every month?
8. How does James respond when Helen asks if there are others like her?
9. What simple wish does Helen have as she watches James eat breakfast, and why is this important?
10. How does Mitch treat James?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What point-of-view is this book written in, and how does it affect the way the reader perceives the story?
Essay Topic 2
Describe in detail the challenges Helen faces as she tries to take over a new body.
Essay Topic 3
What does Helen see when she witnesses James' memory of his death?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)