|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy find?
(a) James' diary.
(c) His mother's wedding ring.
(d) The picture of Helen and James.
2. How does James respond when Helen asks if it was his dog?
(a) He becomes sad.
(b) He doesn't realize he said anything.
(c) He says he hates dogs.
(d) He says he doesn't have a dog.
3. What does James ask Helen?
(a) He asks her to stop calling him.
(b) He asks her to help him with his homework.
(c) He asks if she will go on a date with him.
(d) He asks her if he can come over.
4. What is James' last memory of?
(b) Excruciating pain.
(c) A tree.
(d) A truck coming towards him.
5. What does Helen do when James asks her to marry him?
(a) She says yes.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She cries.
(d) She asks him if he is crazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person to whom she reads her writing do?
2. What does Jenny's father want to measure?
3. What does Helen do when the person she calls answers the phone?
4. Where do Jenny's parents want to send her to school?
5. Where does Cathy take Helen after she tells Cathy she is seeing Billy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Helen goes to see James after her counseling session?
2. What does Helen do when she calls Mr. Brown?
3. Why is the food different now from what Jenny remembers?
4. What does James find out about Billy's father when he goes to visit the mother?
5. What does Helen think of the shower?
6. What happens when Helen goes to the counselor at church?
7. What does Helen notice as she wanders through the kitchen and study?
8. Why does Helen tell Dan and Cathy she isn't their daughter, and why does she stop explaining?
9. What happens when Helen tries to get hold of James?
10. Why does James think he is haunting this life?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)