|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen do when James asks her to marry him?
(a) She cries.
(b) She asks him if he is crazy.
(c) She says yes.
(d) She runs away.
2. What distracts Helen from learning?
(a) She is fascinated with the way the books are bound.
(b) She can't wait for lunch.
(c) She keeps catching sight of her reflection.
(d) She keeps thinking about James.
3. What does Helen question?
(a) If there is life after death.
(b) What God can and cannot do.
(c) Who Jenny really is.
(d) The reality of human existence.
4. What difficulty does Helen face in school?
(a) She doesn't like Jenny's friends.
(b) She doesn't know where to go.
(c) She doesn't know Jenny's schedule.
(d) She doesn't know the material.
5. What happens when Helen tries to pick up the penny?
(a) She sees Jenny's face.
(b) She faints.
(c) James runs into her.
(d) She hears a sound as if she is under water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Helen nervous as she sets the table?
2. What does Helen write to James?
3. What is different for James and Helen after he remembers?
4. How does Helen feel after she has read her piece?
5. What does Helen feel on her hip?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jenny's mother respond after Helen reads to her?
2. Why do the adults think Jenny is having relations with Mr. Brown?
3. How does Helen's love for reading help her when she gets to Jenny's house?
4. What changes after Billy and Helen experience his memory?
5. Why won't Billy's friends hang out with James?
6. Why does Billy come to Jenny's house?
7. What does James tell Helen when they are backstage, and how does she respond?
8. What does Helen notice as she wanders through the kitchen and study?
9. What is significant about the nest in the tree that James sees?
10. What does Helen feel as she reads her piece to Mr. Brown?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)