|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Helen learn more about Jenny?
(a) She reads her journal.
(b) She calls the numbers in the girl's cell phone.
(c) She asks the parents.
(d) She goes through the girl's belongings.
2. What does Helen announce after smelling gardenias in the room?
(a) Jenny's father is having an affair.
(b) Someone in the room is committing adultery.
(c) Something smells like betrayal.
(d) Something smells good.
3. What happens to James after Helen gets on the bus?
(a) Mitch beats him up.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He becomes Billy.
(d) He is arrested for rape.
4. What happens when James asks Sarah about her boy?
(a) She passes out.
(b) She starts to talk.
(d) Her hand twitches.
5. What is Diggs trying to tell James?
(a) He is angry at him.
(b) Everything is all right.
(c) To let Billy back.
(d) To leave him alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do James and Helen do backstage?
2. What does Helen smell as she prays for James?
3. How does Mitch react when James comes home with Helen?
4. How is James changed after he remembers?
5. Who do Cathy and Dan think Helen has been intimate with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Helen think she is haunting this life?
2. What happens when Helen goes to the counselor at church?
3. How does Helen's love for reading help her when she gets to Jenny's house?
4. Why does Helen tell Dan and Cathy she isn't their daughter, and why does she stop explaining?
5. What happens when Helen goes to see James after her counseling session?
6. How does Jenny's mother respond after Helen reads to her?
7. What does Helen decide to do after Dan leaves during games night and why?
8. What does Helen think of the shower?
9. What does Helen feel as she reads her piece to Mr. Brown?
10. What is so difficult about going to school?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)