|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the girl and her mother drive?
(b) The church.
(c) A grass field.
(d) The mall.
2. What are the two kinds of ghosts according to James?
(a) Those who need to find their past and those who need to learn their future.
(b) Those who know they are dead and those who don't know.
(c) Gentle and scary.
(d) Old and new.
3. How does James think Helen will feel when Helen gets a body?
(a) He says she will love being in flesh again.
(b) It will be odd, but she will get used to it.
(c) It's frightening at first but gets better.
4. Where do James and Helen go to find a body?
(a) The cemetery.
(b) The mall.
(c) The beach.
(d) The local school.
5. What bothers James about being in Billy's body?
(a) He feels pain.
(b) He can't pass through objects anymore.
(c) He is always hungry.
(d) He never knows what problems will arise from Billy's past.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the ghost react to the boy's response?
2. How does Helen react to James' suggestion?
3. How did Helen feel about her husband when she was alive?
4. Why is Helen good at passing through objects?
5. What scares Helen about taking over a body?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Helen feel about entering the woman at the mall, and how does James respond to this feeling?
2. How does meeting James change how Helen feels about Mr. and Mrs. Brown?
3. What happens when the ghost gets too distant from her host, and how does she prevent this?
4. Why is using James as a host so unique for Helen, and how does she respond to his asking her to haunt him?
5. What happens to Helen when she realizes that she can't get into Mr. Brown's house?
6. How does the connection with James almost send her back to the grave?
7. Who is the boy and how did he get in the body?
8. What is so unusual about the fact that Helen falls asleep?
9. What reaction does Helen have when she hears Mr. and Mrs. Brown discuss having children?
10. What simple wish does Helen have as she watches James eat breakfast, and why is this important?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)