|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does James think Helen can touch him when she can't touch other humans?
(a) He thinks there is a mystical bond between them.
(b) He has no idea.
(c) She is really touching him inside Billy.
(d) They are life mates.
2. Why is Helen attached to her particular host?
(a) He is connected to literature.
(b) He was the only one around.
(c) She wants to learn how to teach.
(d) She appreciates his kindness.
3. How does Helen feel about her own connection to children?
(a) She feels as if she is too impatient around children.
(b) She feels as if she is a danger to children.
(c) She feels as if she dislikes children.
(d) She feels as if she is good with children.
4. Who is in the classroom with the teacher?
(a) A group of delinquent students.
(b) The teacher's spouse.
(c) Another teacher.
(d) A dead woman.
5. How does Helen help James when the police come after the car?
(a) She takes their car away.
(b) She gets rid of what he finds.
(c) She distracts them.
(d) She sets their car on fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the boy and the ghost go to speak?
2. What happens to James' memories when he takes over Billy's body?
3. Where do Helen and James go to work together?
4. Who does James go out with?
5. How long do they stay where they are visiting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is using James as a host so unique for Helen, and how does she respond to his asking her to haunt him?
2. How does Helen react when James asks if she wants to take over someone's body?
3. What reaction does Helen have when she hears Mr. and Mrs. Brown discuss having children?
4. How are movies different from when Helen lived, and what does she think about them?
5. How is Helen's second experience of entering a person different from the first experience?
6. How does meeting James change how Helen feels about Mr. and Mrs. Brown?
7. How does the ghost know she influences Mr. Brown, and what does she wonder?
8. Who are the different hosts the ghost has had over the decades, and what common link did they share?
9. What happens to Helen when she realizes that she can't get into Mr. Brown's house?
10. How is Helen different from the other ghosts that James knows?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)