|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Helen go during her free period?
(a) The library.
(b) She goes to talk with Mr. Brown.
(c) To eat an apple.
2. With whom does the counselor want Helen to speak?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(d) The pastor.
3. What does Helen do when the person she calls answers the phone?
(a) She starts feeling very lonely.
(b) She cries.
(c) She hangs up without talking.
(d) She starts talking so fast, the person can't understand her.
4. What did Billy's father do to Billy's mother?
(a) He hit her repetitively with a book end.
(b) He tried to save her in a car accident.
(c) He left her for another woman.
(d) He left her.
5. Why are her parents concerned about James?
(a) He doesn't go to church.
(b) They aren't concerned at all.
(c) He is too old for her.
(d) He parties too much.
6. What book of Jenny's does Helen enjoy reading?
(a) Her book of poetry.
(b) Her science book.
(c) Her history book.
(d) Her journal.
7. What does Billy find?
(a) His mother's wedding ring.
(c) The picture of Helen and James.
(d) James' diary.
8. What does Helen say when Cathy asks if she has been intimate with anyone in school?
(a) Yes, but she won't give a name.
(b) Of course not.
(c) She is intimate with lots of guys.
(d) Yes, and she says Billy raped her.
9. What does Billy tell Dan about Jenny?
(a) He doesn't know who the girl is.
(b) He plans to marry her.
(c) He has a crush on her.
(d) He says he never dated her.
10. What is Diggs trying to tell James?
(a) He is angry at him.
(b) To leave him alone.
(c) To let Billy back.
(d) Everything is all right.
11. How does Helen get out of the house to see James?
(a) She can't get out. She's trapped.
(b) She walks out.
(c) He comes to rescue her.
(d) She climbs out a window.
12. Who else is visiting Billy's father?
(b) His mother.
13. What happens when Helen calls James?
(a) She can't get through.
(b) She discovers she has the wrong number.
(c) James answers on the first ring.
(d) Mitch answers.
14. What is James' last memory of?
(a) A tree.
(b) Excruciating pain.
(c) A truck coming towards him.
15. Who does Helen try to protect in her memory?
(d) Her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Cathy and Helen go to the church?
2. What does Helen feel on her hip?
3. What has Cathy been doing when she picks Helen up from school?
4. What does Helen do when she gets back to the house?
5. What does the person to whom she reads her writing do?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)