|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen do when she gets back to the house?
(a) She makes dinner.
(b) She begins to study immediately.
(c) She takes a bath.
(d) She goes to the prayer corner.
2. What does Helen tell Cathy?
(a) She will be a good mother.
(b) She hates her.
(c) She crushed the life out of her daughter.
(d) She needs to leave her husband.
3. What does school food taste like to Helen?
(a) Different from what she remembers.
4. What does Cathy find in Helen's bag?
(a) A photograph or Mr. Brown.
(b) A book about prayer.
(d) Her camera.
5. What does Jenny's mom think of James?
(a) She thinks he is very handsome.
(b) He makes her angry.
(c) She thinks he is funny.
(d) She isn't happy he's with her daughter.
6. What does Helen hear after she whispers for God to come into her heart?
(a) Jenny pleading for her body back.
(b) Jenny's mother yelling at her.
(c) God's voice answering her.
(d) She hears a baby crying.
7. Who do Cathy and Dan think Helen has been intimate with?
(a) Mr. Brown.
8. Where does James go to visit Billy's father?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) Across the country.
(d) The hospital.
9. What happens to James after Helen gets on the bus?
(a) Mitch beats him up.
(b) He is arrested for rape.
(c) He becomes Billy.
(d) He passes out.
10. What does Billy find?
(a) James' diary.
(b) The picture of Helen and James.
(c) His mother's wedding ring.
11. Who does Helen call when she can't get through to James?
(a) Jenny's best friend.
(b) Mr. Brown.
(d) Her mother.
12. Where does Helen go after breakfast?
(a) The Prayer Corner.
(c) To James' house.
(d) To her room.
13. Why is Helen nervous about driving a car?
(a) They go too fast.
(b) She thinks she died in a car crash.
(c) They hadn't been invented when she existed.
(d) She isn't. She can't wait to drive one.
14. What does Helen feel on her hip?
(a) A bag.
(b) A girl.
(c) A pain.
(d) A heavy weight.
15. What happens when Helen calls James?
(a) James answers on the first ring.
(b) Mitch answers.
(c) She discovers she has the wrong number.
(d) She can't get through.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jenny's parents want to send her to school?
2. What did Billy's father do to Billy?
3. What has Cathy been doing when she picks Helen up from school?
4. How does Helen feel after she has read her piece?
5. What does James ask Helen?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)