|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Helen go during her free period?
(a) The library.
(b) To eat an apple.
(d) She goes to talk with Mr. Brown.
2. Who comes into the office while Helen is there?
(a) Jenny's father.
(d) Mr. Brown.
3. What happens when Helen asks if it means James is a bad person?
(a) They yell at her then act as if nothing is amiss.
(b) They explain that he is simply different.
(c) They send her to bed without dinner.
(d) They refuse to acknowledge her question.
4. What has Cathy been doing when she picks Helen up from school?
(a) Talking with the principal.
(b) Visiting a psychologist.
5. What does Jenny's father want to measure?
(a) The room.
(b) How tall she is now.
(c) Her attention span.
(d) The length of her skirt.
6. What does Helen see when James asks what she remembers about her death?
(a) A simple, peaceful light.
(b) Flashing lights.
(d) She sees dark water rushing past a broken plank.
7. What does Helen like about the study?
(a) It has a wall of books arranged by category.
(b) It's dark and cozy.
(c) The smell of the fire reminds her of her own life.
(d) It's open and airy.
8. What has the policeman from the church found?
(b) A scarf Helen left backstage.
(c) He discovered that Helen called Mr. Brown from her home.
(d) Billy's criminal record.
9. What is Diggs trying to tell James?
(a) Everything is all right.
(b) To leave him alone.
(c) He is angry at him.
(d) To let Billy back.
10. Where does Cathy take Helen after she tells Cathy she is seeing Billy?
(a) To church.
(b) Women's group.
(c) To a psychologist.
(d) To the prison.
11. What does Helen tell Dan when he tries to purify Jennifer?
(a) She is not his child.
(b) To cut it out.
(c) She is already pure.
(d) He should purify himself before he purifies her.
12. Who else is visiting Billy's father?
(a) His mother.
13. What does Jenny's mom think of James?
(a) She isn't happy he's with her daughter.
(b) She thinks he is very handsome.
(c) She thinks he is funny.
(d) He makes her angry.
14. What does Helen do when the person she calls answers the phone?
(a) She starts feeling very lonely.
(b) She cries.
(c) She hangs up without talking.
(d) She starts talking so fast, the person can't understand her.
15. How does Helen feel after she has read her piece?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James respond when Helen asks if it was his dog?
2. How does James get along with Billy's friends?
3. Why is Cathy upset during family game night?
4. Who calls to Helen from Heaven?
5. Why is Helen nervous as she sets the table?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)