|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Helen try to cleave to next?
(a) A girl James sees on a bench.
(b) A woman near a store.
(c) A girl from the beach.
(d) The mother of a girl on the bench.
2. Who joins Mitch and James for the monthly ritual?
(b) Aunt Verna.
(c) James' father.
3. How does Helen feel about James now that he is her host?
(a) She adores him.
(b) She cares for him.
(c) She is tired of him.
(d) He scares her.
4. What does the ghost remember about life after death?
(b) She is transported to a peaceful place.
(c) She remembers attending her own funeral.
(d) It's cold and smothering.
5. How does the ghost feel when her host meets his mate?
(d) She knows she has to leave.
6. What does the boy do when the ghost moves to the back of the room?
(b) He gets up to join her.
(c) He turns to look at her.
(d) He tells the other students she is back there.
7. What does the spirit notice about the young man?
(a) He is extremely handsome.
(b) He is watching her, actually seeing her.
(c) He is praying constantly.
(d) He is calling out to her.
8. Why is Helen good at passing through objects?
(a) She has practiced for years.
(b) Another spirit taught her how.
(c) She isn't. She can't do it.
(d) She doesn't even see the objects.
9. How does James feel when Helen touches him?
(a) He is frightened.
(b) He thinks it's wonderful.
(c) He is repulsed.
(d) He doesn't feel anything.
10. Who does Helen see on the street corner as she feels herself pulled back to the grave?
(a) The poet.
(b) Mr. Brown.
11. Why was Billy's body in rough shape?
(a) Billy had been abusing drugs.
(b) The boy had been beaten to death.
(c) Billy has a devastating disease.
(d) Billy had been in a car accident.
12. What are the two kinds of ghosts according to James?
(a) Those who know they are dead and those who don't know.
(b) Old and new.
(c) Gentle and scary.
(d) Those who need to find their past and those who need to learn their future.
13. What happens when the ghost speaks to the boy?
(a) He faints.
(b) He answers.
(c) He runs.
14. Where does Mitch take James for their monthly ritual?
(a) To eat at a restaurant.
(b) To the graveyard.
(c) To eat at the mall.
(d) They go to visit their mother.
15. What does Helen discover when she gets back to Mr. Brown's house after seeing James' house?
(a) She is more in love with Mr. Brown than ever.
(b) The house is wrecked.
(c) She can't get in the house.
(d) His house is no longer appealing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen whisper, instructing Mr. Brown to do?
2. Who rescues the ghost after her first host dies?
3. How does Helen feel about her own connection to children?
4. What scares Helen about taking over a body?
5. How does Mr. Brown feel after he gets back from James' house?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)