|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Brown read to the class?
(a) A news article about ghosts.
(b) Part of his own novel.
(c) The homework James wrote.
(d) A poem Helen wrote.
2. Why does James think Helen can touch him when she can't touch other humans?
(a) She is really touching him inside Billy.
(b) He thinks there is a mystical bond between them.
(c) They are life mates.
(d) He has no idea.
3. Who is in the classroom with the teacher?
(a) A group of delinquent students.
(b) A dead woman.
(c) The teacher's spouse.
(d) Another teacher.
4. How does Helen feel about James now that he is her host?
(a) She adores him.
(b) She is tired of him.
(c) She cares for him.
(d) He scares her.
5. What does Helen feel in the woman she tries to cleave to?
6. How is the host she finds in the hospital different from her other hosts?
(a) He isn't connected to literature.
(b) He is a playwright who parties all night.
(c) He has no will to live.
(d) He sees her.
7. What does the spirit notice about the young man?
(a) He is praying constantly.
(b) He is watching her, actually seeing her.
(c) He is extremely handsome.
(d) He is calling out to her.
8. What does Helen help James with?
(a) Learning to teach.
(b) Getting along with others.
9. What happened when James saw Billy's spirit?
(a) It ignored him.
(b) It lashed out at him.
(c) It didn't speak to him.
(d) He never saw the spirit.
10. Where does Mitch drive for their monthly ritual?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A cemetery.
(c) St. Jude's.
(d) The mall.
11. What bothers James about being in Billy's body?
(a) He is always hungry.
(b) He never knows what problems will arise from Billy's past.
(c) He feels pain.
(d) He can't pass through objects anymore.
12. How does Helen feel about her own connection to children?
(a) She feels as if she dislikes children.
(b) She feels as if she is good with children.
(c) She feels as if she is too impatient around children.
(d) She feels as if she is a danger to children.
13. Why is Helen attached to her particular host?
(a) He is connected to literature.
(b) He was the only one around.
(c) She wants to learn how to teach.
(d) She appreciates his kindness.
14. What are the two kinds of ghosts according to James?
(a) Those who know they are dead and those who don't know.
(b) Old and new.
(c) Gentle and scary.
(d) Those who need to find their past and those who need to learn their future.
15. How does Helen feel about her host having a child?
(a) She is jealous.
(b) She is thrilled.
(c) It frightens her.
(d) She is angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Helen tries to cleave to the second person?
2. How does the ghost treat her host's mate?
3. Who is Helen's new host after she leaves Mr. Brown?
4. Who does the ghost cleave to at the party when her young host dies?
5. What does Helen miss when they are out?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)