|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the ghost speaks to the boy?
(a) He answers.
(b) He faints.
(d) He runs.
2. How long has the boy been dead?
(a) 85 years.
(b) He hasn't died yet.
(c) He can't die.
(d) 15 years.
3. What does Helen help James with?
(b) Getting along with others.
(c) Learning to teach.
4. What happened when James saw Billy's spirit?
(a) It didn't speak to him.
(b) It ignored him.
(c) It lashed out at him.
(d) He never saw the spirit.
5. What does Helen discover when she gets back to Mr. Brown's house after seeing James' house?
(a) His house is no longer appealing.
(b) The house is wrecked.
(c) She is more in love with Mr. Brown than ever.
(d) She can't get in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Mr. Brown departs while Helen is with James?
2. What signifies a soul leaving?
3. What does Helen memorize?
4. Why was Billy's body in rough shape?
5. How does Helen feel about her own connection to children?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)