|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What signifies a soul leaving?
(a) The eyes roll back.
(b) A strong, quick gust of wind.
(c) A ringing sound.
(d) A feeling of hollowness.
2. Who rescues the ghost after her first host dies?
(a) The man with the handsome face.
(b) The spirit of her host.
(d) A widowed, childless writer.
3. What does the spirit notice about the young man?
(a) He is praying constantly.
(b) He is extremely handsome.
(c) He is calling out to her.
(d) He is watching her, actually seeing her.
4. What makes James gasp?
(a) He senses his own host leaving.
(b) Helen kisses his temple.
(c) He feels a sudden pain in Billy's body.
(d) The teacher is reading his work out loud.
5. What does Helen discover when she gets back to Mr. Brown's house after seeing James' house?
(a) The house is wrecked.
(b) She can't get in the house.
(c) His house is no longer appealing.
(d) She is more in love with Mr. Brown than ever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the boy want from the ghost?
2. How does Helen feel about staying in Mr. Brown's house now that he is having a child?
3. What does Helen help James with?
4. The ghost remembers all the following regarding her past life except what?
5. What does Mr. Brown tell James?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)