|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Without being noticed, John and George follow J.D. Randall and Peter Randall and watch them do what?
2. When John goes to Mallory Lab to talk to Dr. Weston about Karen's autopsy results, what does Weston do?
3. As John talks with Angela, it becomes very clear that she is what?
4. When talking with John, what information does Fritz confirm?
5. After talking with Dr. Sanderson, John learns that Peter Randall __________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Almost from the start, tension exists between John and several other characters. Cite specific examples when this tension works against John and when it works in his favor in his interactions with the following characters:
1. Captain Peterson.
2. J.D. Randall.
3. Roman Jones.
Essay Topic 2
Despite the fact that Peter Randall seems to be hiding something and may be implicated in Karen's death, John Berry likes him and hopes to find him innocent. Why? What bonds these two doctors? Why do they have a cordial rapport in spite of apparently working on opposing sides of Art's case?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout most of the story, it is unclear whether or not Karen was actually pregnant. Discuss all the indications for and against a pregnancy's actually existing. Include what people say and what is discovered through lab tests. Why are the lab tests inconclusive? How do the results leave John Berry confused? In the end, was she or was she not pregnant?
This section contains 1,135 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)