|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The new attorney who has taken on Art's case is George __________.
2. Karen had known Roman Jones, a member of which musical group?
3. Before leaving his house and heading over to the Lee residence, what does John do?
4. Without being noticed, John and George follow J.D. Randall and Peter Randall and watch them do what?
5. When John meets with Peter Randall and tells him that George has taken pictures, Peter wants to know what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize John's encounter with Sam Archer.
2. How do Angela and Bubbles act towards John when he meets them and asks about Karen?
3. What does Norton tell John is missing from Memorial Hospital?
4. Summarize John Berry's meeting with Roman Jones.
5. What viable alternatives does George Wilson present to John Berry as they ponder how to prove Art's innocence?
6. Why does John end up in the emergency room?
7. Describe the demonstration outside the home of the Lee family.
8. During the dinner party at George Morris' house, how do different people interact with John Berry?
9. Although Sanderson and John can easily shift the blame to Peter Randall and away from Art Lee, John has his misgivings. Why?
10. When John visits Dr. Fritz Werner at his office, what does Fritz say about Karen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Karen Randall with Angela Harding. How are they similar in personality? In behavior? In circumstances? In what significant ways are these two women different?
Essay Topic 2
In his detective work, John is able to put together the pieces of the puzzle through a combination of what people tell him and what lab results indicate. Give two examples of each, stating what secrets are unlocked in each case.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why the police are not more cooperative and helpful with the Lee family when hecklers attack their home. Why are the police dragging their feet? How does John intervene? How does he secure police protection for the family?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)