|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. John concludes that Karen had a problem with what?
2. What does John learn from Murphy about the results of blood tests done on Karen?
3. Why did Peter refuse to perform another abortion on Karen?
4. After talking with Dr. Sanderson, John learns that Peter Randall __________.
5. Who is Fritz Werner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What viable alternatives does George Wilson present to John Berry as they ponder how to prove Art's innocence?
2. When a reporter arrives to cover the demonstration at the Lee house, what does John tell him?
3. What does John say to Norton when he finds him smoking marijuana at George Morris' place?
4. How does John's hunch pay off when he meets Angela Harding?
5. Summarize John Berry's meeting with Roman Jones.
6. What secret information does Sanderson reveal to John about Peter Randall?
7. Why does Angela Harding end up in the hospital while John is recovering there?
8. Describe the demonstration outside the home of the Lee family.
9. After John helps Betty Lee board up the broken windows in her house and tends to her children's cuts, he calls attorney George Wilson. What do he and George agree to do?
10. What do John Berry and George Wilson witness after they follow J.D. Randall and Peter Randall along the coast?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast how Karen Randall as seen by her family with how she is seen by her college friends. Why does she present herself one way to her family and another way to her friends? Does anybody even know the "real" Karen, or is everyone fooled by her fabrications?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the marriage of John and Judith with that of Art and Betty. What are John's thoughts about marriage and divorce within the medical community? Why does he dwell on these thoughts at times?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Dr. John Berry with Dr. Frank Conway. Analyze each in the following categories: compassion, honesty, professionalism, expertise. Which of the two is more trustworthy? Why?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)