|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After talking with Dr. Sanderson, John learns that Peter Randall __________.
2. How does John locate Sam Archer?
3. When John meets with Angela Harding, what does she say about Karen?
4. Why does Fritz think that Karen kept getting pregnant?
5. What information does Norton give John about the pharmacy at Memorial Hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What viable alternatives does George Wilson present to John Berry as they ponder how to prove Art's innocence?
2. What does John say to Norton when he finds him smoking marijuana at George Morris' place?
3. How does John's hunch pay off when he meets Angela Harding?
4. Why does Angela Harding end up in the hospital while John is recovering there?
5. How do Angela and Bubbles act towards John when he meets them and asks about Karen?
6. What conflicting results does John receive regarding Karen's possible pregnancy?
7. Why does John end up in the emergency room?
8. Why does Peter refuse to perform an abortion on Karen the last time she asks him for one?
9. Although Sanderson and John can easily shift the blame to Peter Randall and away from Art Lee, John has his misgivings. Why?
10. After John helps Betty Lee board up the broken windows in her house and tends to her children's cuts, he calls attorney George Wilson. What do he and George agree to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast how Karen Randall as seen by her family with how she is seen by her college friends. Why does she present herself one way to her family and another way to her friends? Does anybody even know the "real" Karen, or is everyone fooled by her fabrications?
Essay Topic 2
There are those who seem to be on John's side in his quest to get to the truth, and those who want him to mind his own business, drop his investigation, and go back to practicing medicine. What motivates some of these individuals to either support, hinder, or altogether avoid John?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Dr. John Berry with Dr. Frank Conway. Analyze each in the following categories: compassion, honesty, professionalism, expertise. Which of the two is more trustworthy? Why?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)