|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do John Berry and George Wilson decide to go talk to J.D. Randall?
2. George Wilson explains that a second viable approach is to do what?
3. John recalls that Peter had called his niece Karen what?
4. When John talks to Roman Jones, he is accused of being what?
5. In the presence of the reporter, what does John demand for the Lee family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Art and his family and John and his family go on with their lives once the case is closed.
Essay Topic 2
There are those who seem to be on John's side in his quest to get to the truth, and those who want him to mind his own business, drop his investigation, and go back to practicing medicine. What motivates some of these individuals to either support, hinder, or altogether avoid John?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the pros and cons of abortion as presented by the author in this novel. Why does Dr. Arthur Lee perform abortions even though they are illegal? How and when does he justify abortion? In what cases does he refuse to perform one?
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)