|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do John Berry and George Wilson decide to go talk to J.D. Randall?
2. Why does Ev Randall name Art as the abortionist who messed up Karen's procedure?
3. After Judith goes home, why does John stay behind at the Lee residence?
4. Peter explains to John that even though he has an alibi, he __________.
5. Who is Fritz Werner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Angela and Bubbles act towards John when he meets them and asks about Karen?
2. Summarize John Berry's meeting with Roman Jones.
3. What vital information is revealed when John Berry meets Peter Randall for lunch?
4. Describe Dr. Norton Francis Hammond.
5. What secret information does Sanderson reveal to John about Peter Randall?
6. What challenges does George Wilson, Art Lee's new lawyer, face in trying to convince a jury of Art's innocence?
7. What conflicting results does John receive regarding Karen's possible pregnancy?
8. During the dinner party at George Morris' house, how do different people interact with John Berry?
9. Although Sanderson and John can easily shift the blame to Peter Randall and away from Art Lee, John has his misgivings. Why?
10. What does John say to Norton when he finds him smoking marijuana at George Morris' place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
John's involvement in Art's case eventually lands him in the hospital. Discuss the circumstances that put John in the hospital. Could he have taken more precautions to protect himself? Was he being careless, or was he merely a victim of circumstance? What additional insights does he gain in the hospital that help him prove Art's innocence?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Dr. John Berry with Dr. Frank Conway. Analyze each in the following categories: compassion, honesty, professionalism, expertise. Which of the two is more trustworthy? Why?
Essay Topic 3
In his detective work, John is able to put together the pieces of the puzzle through a combination of what people tell him and what lab results indicate. Give two examples of each, stating what secrets are unlocked in each case.
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)