|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As John recovers in the hospital, Roman Jones is brought in with what?
2. After talking with Dr. Sanderson, John learns that Peter Randall __________.
3. When John and George arrive at the Randall residence, what are they surprised to see out front?
4. Who is Fritz Werner?
5. Who is Norton Francis Hammond?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do John Berry and George Wilson witness after they follow J.D. Randall and Peter Randall along the coast?
2. What does Norton tell John is missing from Memorial Hospital?
3. What conflicting results does John receive regarding Karen's possible pregnancy?
4. Why does Peter refuse to perform an abortion on Karen the last time she asks him for one?
5. What vital information is revealed when John Berry meets Peter Randall for lunch?
6. Describe Dr. Norton Francis Hammond.
7. What does John say to Norton when he finds him smoking marijuana at George Morris' place?
8. How does John's wife, Judith, feel at the dinner party at George Morris' house?
9. What secret information does Sanderson reveal to John about Peter Randall?
10. When a reporter arrives to cover the demonstration at the Lee house, what does John tell him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Art and his family and John and his family go on with their lives once the case is closed.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the members of the Randall family: J.D., Ev, Karen, Peter, and William. State everything that makes this a dysfunctional family. Explain how they hide secrets to protect their image.
Essay Topic 3
Despite the fact that Peter Randall seems to be hiding something and may be implicated in Karen's death, John Berry likes him and hopes to find him innocent. Why? What bonds these two doctors? Why do they have a cordial rapport in spite of apparently working on opposing sides of Art's case?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)