|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Art had performed an abortion on Ev Randall, whose child was it?
2. What does Fritz reveal to John about Ev Randall?
3. Fritz Werner explains that he ___________.
4. Peter explains to John that even though he has an alibi, he __________.
5. When John checks with Memorial Hospital about Karen's autopsy results, he learns that the official findings are that she died of a reaction from penicillin and complications from what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the demonstration outside the home of the Lee family.
2. What does John say to Norton when he finds him smoking marijuana at George Morris' place?
3. What challenges does George Wilson, Art Lee's new lawyer, face in trying to convince a jury of Art's innocence?
4. After John helps Betty Lee board up the broken windows in her house and tends to her children's cuts, he calls attorney George Wilson. What do he and George agree to do?
5. What do John Berry and George Wilson witness after they follow J.D. Randall and Peter Randall along the coast?
6. How does John's wife, Judith, feel at the dinner party at George Morris' house?
7. Describe Dr. Norton Francis Hammond.
8. What does Norton tell John is missing from Memorial Hospital?
9. During the dinner party at George Morris' house, how do different people interact with John Berry?
10. How do Angela and Bubbles act towards John when he meets them and asks about Karen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Art and his family and John and his family go on with their lives once the case is closed.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the marriage of John and Judith with that of Art and Betty. What are John's thoughts about marriage and divorce within the medical community? Why does he dwell on these thoughts at times?
Essay Topic 3
Dr. Berry is cautioned every step of the way not to get involved in Art Lee's murder case. Why are other doctors so reluctant to get involved? Do they believe Art Lee is guilty? Is he being used as a scapegoat? Why does Dr. Berry continue with his unofficial investigation? Why does he believe Art even when many others do not?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)