|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many abortions did Peter perform on Karen?
2. Peter suspected that Karen might have a problem with what?
3. Why does Ev Randall name Art as the abortionist who messed up Karen's procedure?
4. The new attorney who has taken on Art's case is George __________.
5. When talking with John, what information does Fritz confirm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do John Berry and George Wilson witness after they follow J.D. Randall and Peter Randall along the coast?
2. When John visits Dr. Fritz Werner at his office, what does Fritz say about Karen?
3. Although Sanderson and John can easily shift the blame to Peter Randall and away from Art Lee, John has his misgivings. Why?
4. When a reporter arrives to cover the demonstration at the Lee house, what does John tell him?
5. Summarize John's encounter with Sam Archer.
6. What viable alternatives does George Wilson present to John Berry as they ponder how to prove Art's innocence?
7. How does John's hunch pay off when he meets Angela Harding?
8. Describe Dr. Norton Francis Hammond.
9. Why does Peter refuse to perform an abortion on Karen the last time she asks him for one?
10. What vital information is revealed when John Berry meets Peter Randall for lunch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the pros and cons of abortion as presented by the author in this novel. Why does Dr. Arthur Lee perform abortions even though they are illegal? How and when does he justify abortion? In what cases does he refuse to perform one?
Essay Topic 2
Despite the fact that Peter Randall seems to be hiding something and may be implicated in Karen's death, John Berry likes him and hopes to find him innocent. Why? What bonds these two doctors? Why do they have a cordial rapport in spite of apparently working on opposing sides of Art's case?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Art and his family and John and his family go on with their lives once the case is closed.
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)