|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John learn from Murphy about the results of blood tests done on Karen?
2. In the presence of the reporter, what does John demand for the Lee family?
3. When John and George arrive at the Randall residence, what are they surprised to see out front?
4. John recalls that Peter had called his niece Karen what?
5. After Judith goes home, why does John stay behind at the Lee residence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize John Berry's meeting with Roman Jones.
2. What viable alternatives does George Wilson present to John Berry as they ponder how to prove Art's innocence?
3. How does John's hunch pay off when he meets Angela Harding?
4. Describe Dr. Norton Francis Hammond.
5. What vital information is revealed when John Berry meets Peter Randall for lunch?
6. What do John Berry and George Wilson witness after they follow J.D. Randall and Peter Randall along the coast?
7. How do Angela and Bubbles act towards John when he meets them and asks about Karen?
8. During the dinner party at George Morris' house, how do different people interact with John Berry?
9. Why does Peter refuse to perform an abortion on Karen the last time she asks him for one?
10. What does Norton tell John is missing from Memorial Hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss some of the instances when John Berry poses as someone else: for example, a police officer, an attorney, a relative, a drug buyer. Why does he pose as someone he is not? In each case, what information does he gain? Can it be argued that "the end justifies the means?" Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the roles that race and ethnic background play in this story. When does this story take place? How does racism affect Art Lee's chances of a fair trial? How does racism affect George Wilson's ability to convince a jury that Art is innocent?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the members of the Randall family: J.D., Ev, Karen, Peter, and William. State everything that makes this a dysfunctional family. Explain how they hide secrets to protect their image.
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)