|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Art had performed an abortion on Ev Randall, whose child was it?
2. John sorts through the Lee's hate mail and finds what?
3. When John talks to Roman Jones, he is accused of being what?
4. When John reaches the Lee household, what does he find in their front yard?
5. What does Fritz reveal to John about Ev Randall?
Essay Topic 1
In his detective work, John is able to put together the pieces of the puzzle through a combination of what people tell him and what lab results indicate. Give two examples of each, stating what secrets are unlocked in each case.
Essay Topic 2
Often, John Berry seems to realize that he speaks his mind too freely and offends people or hurts their feelings. Does he do anything to try to change his gruff directness with people? Does he ever benefit from such brutal candor? If so, how?
Essay Topic 3
There are those who seem to be on John's side in his quest to get to the truth, and those who want him to mind his own business, drop his investigation, and go back to practicing medicine. What motivates some of these individuals to either support, hinder, or altogether avoid John?
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)