|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John want to talk with Alan Zenner?
2. During Suzanne Blake's first trimester of pregnancy, what does she contract?
3. When Frank Conway enters the pathology lab and encounters John Berry, he throws a tantrum over what?
4. Who is Alan Zenner?
5. When John calls Lewis Carr after meeting with the medical intern, what is Lewis' demeanor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the conversation that takes place between John and Ev outside of the Randall home.
2. When John Berry spends ten minutes with Art Lee after his arrest, what does Art explain about Karen Randall?
3. How does J.D. Randall, Karen's father, first attempt to get John Berry to stop working on Art Lee's case?
4. Why does Roger Whiting come up with "miscarriage" as a diagnosis for Karen's condition?
5. After Dr. John Berry learns that Dr. Art Lee has been arrested, he recalls talking with Art about what serious matter?
6. Summarize John Berry's phone conversation with Dr. Sanderson, head of the pathology labs, following his unfruitful meeting with Art Lee's attorney.
7. Who is Alan Zenner, and why does John talk with him?
8. How does J.D. Randall deflect pointed questions John Berry asks of him during their first conversation?
9. What are some of the major findings made during Karen Randall's autopsy?
10. Why does John take a sample of Karen's blood to Dr. Jim Murphy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the marriage of John and Judith with that of Art and Betty. What are John's thoughts about marriage and divorce within the medical community? Why does he dwell on these thoughts at times?
Essay Topic 2
There are those who seem to be on John's side in his quest to get to the truth, and those who want him to mind his own business, drop his investigation, and go back to practicing medicine. What motivates some of these individuals to either support, hinder, or altogether avoid John?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the members of the Randall family: J.D., Ev, Karen, Peter, and William. State everything that makes this a dysfunctional family. Explain how they hide secrets to protect their image.
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)