|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The last time that William Randall saw Karen, she had talked Uncle Peter into doing what?
2. When John talks to a radiologist named Hughes about Karen's head X-rays, what does he learn?
3. What does the person conducting the autopsy on Karen notice about her uterus?
4. After meeting with Art in jail, John calls his wife, Judith, and asks her to do what?
5. John offers several scenarios under which an autopsy would be performed. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons he presents?
Short Essay Questions
1. When John goes to the radiology department at Memorial Hospital, what does the radiologist tell him?
2. When John finally talks with Peter Randall directly, what key pieces of information does he learn?
3. Why does John take a sample of Karen's blood to Dr. Jim Murphy?
4. Summarize John Berry's phone conversation with Dr. Sanderson, head of the pathology labs, following his unfruitful meeting with Art Lee's attorney.
5. Explain why other doctors let Dr. Frank Conway rant and rave after one of his patients dies.
6. According to John, autopsies are required to be performed under what circumstances?
7. What does John tell Peter Randall when asked for his opinion about Karen's autopsy findings?
8. What are some of the major findings made during Karen Randall's autopsy?
9. How does J.D. Randall deflect pointed questions John Berry asks of him during their first conversation?
10. What key details does John learn about Karen from her roommate Ginnie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Dr. John Berry with Dr. Frank Conway. Analyze each in the following categories: compassion, honesty, professionalism, expertise. Which of the two is more trustworthy? Why?
Essay Topic 2
John's involvement in Art's case eventually lands him in the hospital. Discuss the circumstances that put John in the hospital. Could he have taken more precautions to protect himself? Was he being careless, or was he merely a victim of circumstance? What additional insights does he gain in the hospital that help him prove Art's innocence?
Essay Topic 3
Almost from the start, tension exists between John and several other characters. Cite specific examples when this tension works against John and when it works in his favor in his interactions with the following characters:
1. Captain Peterson.
2. J.D. Randall.
3. Roman Jones.
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)