|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alan Zenner tells John that Karen __________.
2. In John's commentary on Boston City Hospital, he explains that the facility __________.
3. When John shares with Peter Randall that he feels Karen's autopsy shows she was not pregnant, what does Peter say?
4. How does Roger Whiting respond when John Berry asks him if he plans to settle in Boston?
5. When John finds a regular bottle of prescription medicine in Karen's room, what does he do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John say to Dr. Weston about his role in the death of Roman?
2. While John Berry does his work in the pathology lab during the busiest part of the day, who calls him, and why?
3. Why does John end up in the emergency room?
4. What vital information is revealed when John Berry meets Peter Randall for lunch?
5. Why is John surprised to see J.D. Randall performing open heart surgery?
6. After Art Lee thanks John Berry for everything he has done to make him a free man, what does he say about his future plans?
7. Describe Dr. Norton Francis Hammond.
8. Describe the connection between Suzanne Blake and Art Lee.
9. What do John Berry and George Wilson witness after they follow J.D. Randall and Peter Randall along the coast?
10. How does John's hunch pay off when he meets Angela Harding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast how Karen Randall as seen by her family with how she is seen by her college friends. Why does she present herself one way to her family and another way to her friends? Does anybody even know the "real" Karen, or is everyone fooled by her fabrications?
Essay Topic 2
John's involvement in Art's case eventually lands him in the hospital. Discuss the circumstances that put John in the hospital. Could he have taken more precautions to protect himself? Was he being careless, or was he merely a victim of circumstance? What additional insights does he gain in the hospital that help him prove Art's innocence?
Essay Topic 3
Explain why the police are not more cooperative and helpful with the Lee family when hecklers attack their home. Why are the police dragging their feet? How does John intervene? How does he secure police protection for the family?
This section contains 1,771 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)