|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. John offers several scenarios under which an autopsy would be performed. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons he presents?
2. Art Lee explains to John Berry that he had refused to perform an abortion on Karen Randall because __________.
3. Why does John Berry say that Frank Conway's theatrics are tolerated?
4. Roger Whiting explains to John Berry that Karen Randall's most prominent symptom was what?
5. As Jack Hendricks prepares to do an autopsy on Karen Randall, John is somewhat taken aback by what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John tell Peter Randall when asked for his opinion about Karen's autopsy findings?
2. Why does Roger Whiting come up with "miscarriage" as a diagnosis for Karen's condition?
3. Why does John take a sample of Karen's blood to Dr. Jim Murphy?
4. When John Berry spends ten minutes with Art Lee after his arrest, what does Art explain about Karen Randall?
5. Describe the connection between Suzanne Blake and Art Lee.
6. John Berry compares his puzzlement over Art Lee's case with "the Peru case." What is the Peru case to which he refers?
7. Who is Alan Zenner, and why does John talk with him?
8. Why do the police arrest Art Lee?
9. Why has George Bradford declined to take Art Lee's case?
10. What are some of the major findings made during Karen Randall's autopsy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In his detective work, John is able to put together the pieces of the puzzle through a combination of what people tell him and what lab results indicate. Give two examples of each, stating what secrets are unlocked in each case.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast how Karen Randall as seen by her family with how she is seen by her college friends. Why does she present herself one way to her family and another way to her friends? Does anybody even know the "real" Karen, or is everyone fooled by her fabrications?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the marriage of John and Judith with that of Art and Betty. What are John's thoughts about marriage and divorce within the medical community? Why does he dwell on these thoughts at times?
This section contains 1,123 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)