|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When John meets with Lewis Carr and talks to him in person, he learns that after being taken to the emergency by her mother, Karen had been given what?
2. Where does John Kerry have a meeting with William Randall?
3. When John finds a regular bottle of prescription medicine in Karen's room, what does he do?
4. In John's commentary on Boston City Hospital, he explains that the facility __________.
5. When Arthur Lee refuses Suzanne Blake's request, she says that she will do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is John surprised to see J.D. Randall performing open heart surgery?
2. Who is Alan Zenner, and why does John talk with him?
3. Why does John decline to help when he is asked if he wants to assist with Karen's autopsy?
4. Summarize how John Berry describes Boston City Hospital.
5. Why does Roger Whiting come up with "miscarriage" as a diagnosis for Karen's condition?
6. What does John tell Peter Randall when asked for his opinion about Karen's autopsy findings?
7. Explain why John wants to help Art Lee even though other doctors are willing to let him be a scapegoat for Karen's death.
8. Why does John take a sample of Karen's blood to Dr. Jim Murphy?
9. Summarize John Berry's phone conversation with Dr. Sanderson, head of the pathology labs, following his unfruitful meeting with Art Lee's attorney.
10. Who is Mrs. McPherson, and what happens to her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dr. Berry is cautioned every step of the way not to get involved in Art Lee's murder case. Why are other doctors so reluctant to get involved? Do they believe Art Lee is guilty? Is he being used as a scapegoat? Why does Dr. Berry continue with his unofficial investigation? Why does he believe Art even when many others do not?
Essay Topic 2
In his detective work, John is able to put together the pieces of the puzzle through a combination of what people tell him and what lab results indicate. Give two examples of each, stating what secrets are unlocked in each case.
Essay Topic 3
Explain why the police are not more cooperative and helpful with the Lee family when hecklers attack their home. Why are the police dragging their feet? How does John intervene? How does he secure police protection for the family?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)