|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when John Berry arrives at the police station and requests to see Dr. Lee?
2. When John finds a regular bottle of prescription medicine in Karen's room, what does he do?
3. J.D. Randall questions John Berry's what?
4. What do John Berry and Frank Conway discuss when John drives Frank to Children's Hospital?
5. Why does John want to talk with Alan Zenner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does J.D. Randall deflect pointed questions John Berry asks of him during their first conversation?
2. Who is Mrs. McPherson, and what happens to her?
3. What does John Berry say about Dr. Conway's manner of conducting autopsies?
4. During the first conversation between J.D. Randall and John Berry, what does the reader learn about Randall's attitude towards Art Lee?
5. Who is Alan Zenner, and why does John talk with him?
6. Why does John decline to help when he is asked if he wants to assist with Karen's autopsy?
7. Summarize the encounter between John Berry and Roger Whiting, the medical intern who had given Karen penicillin without first checking for allergies.
8. Explain why other doctors let Dr. Frank Conway rant and rave after one of his patients dies.
9. According to John, autopsies are required to be performed under what circumstances?
10. After Dr. John Berry learns that Dr. Art Lee has been arrested, he recalls talking with Art about what serious matter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are those who seem to be on John's side in his quest to get to the truth, and those who want him to mind his own business, drop his investigation, and go back to practicing medicine. What motivates some of these individuals to either support, hinder, or altogether avoid John?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Dr. John Berry with Dr. Frank Conway. Analyze each in the following categories: compassion, honesty, professionalism, expertise. Which of the two is more trustworthy? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the members of the Randall family: J.D., Ev, Karen, Peter, and William. State everything that makes this a dysfunctional family. Explain how they hide secrets to protect their image.
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)