|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John meets with attorney George Wilson in a bar run by a former what?
(a) Country music legend.
(c) Rock star.
(d) Football player.
2. When John goes home and talks with his wife on the phone, she tells him to do what?
(a) Take coloring books to the Lee children.
(b) Bring dinner to the Lee household.
(c) Go to the Lee house right away.
(d) Call Betty Lee and console her.
3. Why do Judith and John go to George Morris' house?
(a) For a birthday celebration.
(b) For a mandatory monthly meeting.
(c) For a baby shower.
(d) For a dinner party.
4. George Wilson explains that a second viable approach is to do what?
(a) Bring in dozens of witnesses who support and respect Art.
(b) Bring Art's family into the courtroom to win the jury's sympathy.
(c) Present sensitive information about the Randalls in court.
(d) Make jurors feel like idiots if they do not see that Art is innocent.
5. In the presence of the reporter, what does John demand for the Lee family?
(a) Financial remuneration.
(b) A new house.
(c) Police protection.
(d) An apology.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do John Berry and George Wilson decide to go talk to J.D. Randall?
2. John recalls that Peter had called his niece Karen what?
3. Why does Ev Randall name Art as the abortionist who messed up Karen's procedure?
4. When John reaches the Lee household, what does he find in their front yard?
5. When John and George arrive at the Randall residence, what are they surprised to see out front?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John's hunch pay off when he meets Angela Harding?
2. When John is in the hospital, what happens to Roman Jones?
3. How does John's wife, Judith, feel at the dinner party at George Morris' house?
4. What do John Berry and George Wilson witness after they follow J.D. Randall and Peter Randall along the coast?
5. What does Norton tell John is missing from Memorial Hospital?
6. Describe the demonstration outside the home of the Lee family.
7. Although Sanderson and John can easily shift the blame to Peter Randall and away from Art Lee, John has his misgivings. Why?
8. During the dinner party at George Morris' house, how do different people interact with John Berry?
9. Why does Angela Harding end up in the hospital while John is recovering there?
10. Summarize John Berry's meeting with Roman Jones.
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)