|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After John thinks about shifting the blame for Karen's death to Peter and away from Art, what does he do?
(a) Finds the idea repulsive.
(b) Laughs at his stupidity.
(c) Questions his motives.
(d) Gets himself drunk.
2. Who is Norton Francis Hammond?
(a) A mediocre doctor disliked by many.
(b) A rebellious attorney who wins few cases.
(c) An outstanding attorney who dislikes John.
(d) An excellent doctor and somewhat of a rebel.
3. How does John describe Norton Francis Hammond?
(a) A narcissistic drama king.
(b) Someone who can never be trusted.
(c) The hope of the future of medicine.
(d) One of the best attorneys in all of Boston.
4. Who is Fritz Werner?
(a) A psychiatrist who might be able to help John.
(b) One of Karen's old boyfriends.
(c) Judith's boss and mentor.
(d) J.D. Randall's closest friend and ally.
5. As John is being wheeled into an emergency room, he is told what?
(a) His nose is broken.
(b) His wrist is broken.
(c) His foot might be broken.
(d) His jaw might be broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. As John talks with Angela, it becomes very clear that she is what?
2. John Berry and Dr. Sanderson are well aware that as a result of Art's case, both of them could what?
3. Fritz Werner explains that he ___________.
4. When John goes to Fritz Werner's office, Fritz says that Karen was what?
5. When John reaches the Lee household, what does he find in their front yard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Angela Harding end up in the hospital while John is recovering there?
2. Why does Peter refuse to perform an abortion on Karen the last time she asks him for one?
3. When John is in the hospital, what happens to Roman Jones?
4. What do John Berry and George Wilson witness after they follow J.D. Randall and Peter Randall along the coast?
5. How do Angela and Bubbles act towards John when he meets them and asks about Karen?
6. Although Sanderson and John can easily shift the blame to Peter Randall and away from Art Lee, John has his misgivings. Why?
7. What challenges does George Wilson, Art Lee's new lawyer, face in trying to convince a jury of Art's innocence?
8. How does John's hunch pay off when he meets Angela Harding?
9. Why does John end up in the emergency room?
10. How does John's wife, Judith, feel at the dinner party at George Morris' house?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)