|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John describe Norton Francis Hammond?
(a) Someone who can never be trusted.
(b) One of the best attorneys in all of Boston.
(c) The hope of the future of medicine.
(d) A narcissistic drama king.
2. J.D. Randall and Peter Randall do not realize that they are being watched and that __________.
(a) George is taking pictures of their actions.
(b) John is texting his wife about what the Randalls are doing.
(c) John has called the police over.
(d) George is taking careful notes of the unfolding events.
3. After John thinks about shifting the blame for Karen's death to Peter and away from Art, what does he do?
(a) Questions his motives.
(b) Gets himself drunk.
(c) Finds the idea repulsive.
(d) Laughs at his stupidity.
4. Who is Norton Francis Hammond?
(a) A rebellious attorney who wins few cases.
(b) An outstanding attorney who dislikes John.
(c) A mediocre doctor disliked by many.
(d) An excellent doctor and somewhat of a rebel.
5. Before leaving his house and heading over to the Lee residence, what does John do?
(a) He calls the Boston Globe.
(b) He packs a gun.
(c) He packs a lunch.
(d) He calls his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening outside of the Lee's home?
2. George Wilson suggests that one alternative in order to free Art is to take sensitive information to the Randall family and try to do what?
3. When Art had performed an abortion on Ev Randall, whose child was it?
4. Why does Fritz think that Karen kept getting pregnant?
5. Norton tells John that it would be interesting if what happened at the pharmacy was related to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Norton tell John is missing from Memorial Hospital?
2. After John helps Betty Lee board up the broken windows in her house and tends to her children's cuts, he calls attorney George Wilson. What do he and George agree to do?
3. When a reporter arrives to cover the demonstration at the Lee house, what does John tell him?
4. Why does Peter refuse to perform an abortion on Karen the last time she asks him for one?
5. What conflicting results does John receive regarding Karen's possible pregnancy?
6. What viable alternatives does George Wilson present to John Berry as they ponder how to prove Art's innocence?
7. Describe Dr. Norton Francis Hammond.
8. What do John Berry and George Wilson witness after they follow J.D. Randall and Peter Randall along the coast?
9. How does John's wife, Judith, feel at the dinner party at George Morris' house?
10. How does John's hunch pay off when he meets Angela Harding?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)