|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Judith and John go to George Morris' house?
(a) For a baby shower.
(b) For a birthday celebration.
(c) For a dinner party.
(d) For a mandatory monthly meeting.
2. When John reaches the Lee household, what does he find in their front yard?
(a) A dead cat.
(b) A smoldering cross.
(c) An assortment of flowers.
(d) Signs with derogatory words.
3. What does John learn from Murphy about the results of blood tests done on Karen?
(a) She was an alcoholic.
(b) She was not pregnant.
(c) She had AIDS.
(d) She had a rare liver disease.
4. John sorts through the Lee's hate mail and finds what?
(a) Seven letters of support.
(b) One letter of support.
(c) A threatening letter from the hospital.
(d) A threatening letter from police.
5. When John and George arrive at the Randall residence, what are they surprised to see out front?
(a) Peter's car.
(b) Members of the KKK.
(c) Karen's car.
(d) Police officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John locate Sam Archer?
2. After talking with Dr. Sanderson, John learns that Peter Randall __________.
3. George Wilson explains that as an African-American defending an Asian-American abortionist in that particular era in front of a white jury, he faces what big challenge?
4. How many abortions did Peter perform on Karen?
5. When John meets with Peter Randall and tells him that George has taken pictures, Peter wants to know what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Although Sanderson and John can easily shift the blame to Peter Randall and away from Art Lee, John has his misgivings. Why?
2. What does Norton tell John is missing from Memorial Hospital?
3. What challenges does George Wilson, Art Lee's new lawyer, face in trying to convince a jury of Art's innocence?
4. When a reporter arrives to cover the demonstration at the Lee house, what does John tell him?
5. How does John's hunch pay off when he meets Angela Harding?
6. Why does John end up in the emergency room?
7. What does John say to Norton when he finds him smoking marijuana at George Morris' place?
8. When John visits Dr. Fritz Werner at his office, what does Fritz say about Karen?
9. Summarize John's encounter with Sam Archer.
10. When John is in the hospital, what happens to Roman Jones?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)