|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John Berry and Dr. Sanderson are well aware that as a result of Art's case, both of them could what?
(a) Be implicated.
(b) Be killed.
(c) Have to leave the country.
(d) Have to testify against each other.
2. Who is Norton Francis Hammond?
(a) A mediocre doctor disliked by many.
(b) An outstanding attorney who dislikes John.
(c) A rebellious attorney who wins few cases.
(d) An excellent doctor and somewhat of a rebel.
3. John sorts through the Lee's hate mail and finds what?
(a) A threatening letter from police.
(b) A threatening letter from the hospital.
(c) One letter of support.
(d) Seven letters of support.
4. After Judith goes home, why does John stay behind at the Lee residence?
(a) To board up windows and tend to the children's cuts.
(b) To talk to more reporters.
(c) To prepare dinner and read to the children.
(d) To protect the Lee family.
5. When Signe, J.D. Randall's mistress, left the country, what happened to Karen?
(a) She was blamed for Signe's departure.
(b) Her boyfriend left her.
(c) She was neglected by J.D.
(d) Her behavior deteriorated.
Short Answer Questions
1. John recalls that Peter had called his niece Karen what?
2. Before leaving his house and heading over to the Lee residence, what does John do?
3. When John talks to Roman Jones, he is accused of being what?
4. After talking with Dr. Sanderson, John learns that Peter Randall __________.
5. How does John locate Sam Archer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conflicting results does John receive regarding Karen's possible pregnancy?
2. Describe the demonstration outside the home of the Lee family.
3. Summarize John's encounter with Sam Archer.
4. What do John Berry and George Wilson witness after they follow J.D. Randall and Peter Randall along the coast?
5. What does Norton tell John is missing from Memorial Hospital?
6. What vital information is revealed when John Berry meets Peter Randall for lunch?
7. How does John's hunch pay off when he meets Angela Harding?
8. Why does Peter refuse to perform an abortion on Karen the last time she asks him for one?
9. How does John's wife, Judith, feel at the dinner party at George Morris' house?
10. Summarize John Berry's meeting with Roman Jones.
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)