|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to John when he tries to follow Roman Jones?
(a) He is hit by a car.
(b) He is kidnapped.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is knocked unconscious.
2. Why is Angela Harding admitted to the hospital?
(a) She has tried to kill herself.
(b) She has been attacked by a mugger.
(c) She has advanced pneumonia.
(d) She has advanced cancer.
3. How does John describe Norton Francis Hammond?
(a) The hope of the future of medicine.
(b) A narcissistic drama king.
(c) Someone who can never be trusted.
(d) One of the best attorneys in all of Boston.
4. In the presence of the reporter, what does John demand for the Lee family?
(a) Police protection.
(b) Financial remuneration.
(c) An apology.
(d) A new house.
5. Norton tells John that it would be interesting if what happened at the pharmacy was related to what?
(a) Karen's death.
(b) Art's arrest.
(c) J.D. Randall's actions.
(d) John's investigation.
Short Answer Questions
1. When John and George arrive at the Randall residence, what are they surprised to see out front?
2. Peter explains to John that even though he has an alibi, he __________.
3. After learning that he needs to talk with someone named Bubbles, whom does John ask about the identity of Bubbles?
4. John recalls that Peter had called his niece Karen what?
5. Fritz Werner explains that he ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. When John visits Dr. Fritz Werner at his office, what does Fritz say about Karen?
2. What secret information does Sanderson reveal to John about Peter Randall?
3. Summarize John's encounter with Sam Archer.
4. During the dinner party at George Morris' house, how do different people interact with John Berry?
5. Why does John end up in the emergency room?
6. What do John Berry and George Wilson witness after they follow J.D. Randall and Peter Randall along the coast?
7. How do Angela and Bubbles act towards John when he meets them and asks about Karen?
8. When a reporter arrives to cover the demonstration at the Lee house, what does John tell him?
9. What challenges does George Wilson, Art Lee's new lawyer, face in trying to convince a jury of Art's innocence?
10. Summarize John Berry's meeting with Roman Jones.
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)