|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After pediatrician Charlie Frank tells John that rumor has it that he is involved in abortions, what else does he say?
(a) John should be ashamed of himself.
(b) John should watch his back.
(c) John should move to another city.
(d) John should stay away from the situation.
2. What information does Norton give John about the pharmacy at Memorial Hospital?
(a) A pharmacist was robbed at gunpoint.
(b) A fire had destroyed a large supply of drugs.
(c) One of the pharmacists was recently fired.
(d) A large quantity of morphine was missing.
3. At the hospital, John tests Roman Jones' blood and determines what?
(a) That he was high on heroin.
(b) That he had been poisoned.
(c) That he has a rare blood disease.
(d) That he was high on morphine.
4. When John checks with Memorial Hospital about Karen's autopsy results, he learns that the official findings are that she died of a reaction from penicillin and complications from what?
(a) A three-month pregnancy.
(b) Lung disease.
(c) Undetected heart issues.
(d) Hormonal imbalances.
5. What is Norton Hammond doing when John finds him talking with Judith?
(a) Hiding from his boss.
(b) Eating pizza.
(c) Smoking marijuana.
(d) Drawing doodles in his notebook.
Short Answer Questions
1. When John goes to Fritz Werner's office, Fritz says that Karen was what?
2. What does Angela Harding confess to John Berry?
3. As John talks with Angela, it becomes very clear that she is what?
4. When a reporter arrives at the Lee household, John makes it a point to talk about what?
5. When John reaches the Lee household, what does he find in their front yard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What viable alternatives does George Wilson present to John Berry as they ponder how to prove Art's innocence?
2. During the dinner party at George Morris' house, how do different people interact with John Berry?
3. When John is in the hospital, what happens to Roman Jones?
4. After John helps Betty Lee board up the broken windows in her house and tends to her children's cuts, he calls attorney George Wilson. What do he and George agree to do?
5. What does John say to Norton when he finds him smoking marijuana at George Morris' place?
6. Why does Peter refuse to perform an abortion on Karen the last time she asks him for one?
7. Summarize John Berry's meeting with Roman Jones.
8. Summarize John's encounter with Sam Archer.
9. How does John's hunch pay off when he meets Angela Harding?
10. Why does Angela Harding end up in the hospital while John is recovering there?
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)