|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. George Wilson says that the only other way to free Art is to find the real abortionist, but ___________.
(a) This person could convince the court he or she is innocent.
(b) Jurors could still ignore the evidence and accuse Art.
(c) It is very possible that Art is the real abortionist.
(d) This person will be difficult to find in time for the trial.
2. After learning that he needs to talk with someone named Bubbles, whom does John ask about the identity of Bubbles?
(a) Peter Randall.
(b) Charlie Frank.
(c) George Morris.
(d) Norton Hammond.
3. Fritz Werner explains that he ___________.
(a) Is terribly afraid of Karen's father.
(b) Had already performed an abortion on Karen.
(c) Refused to take Karen on as a patient.
(d) Always believed that Karen was psychotic.
4. When John talks to Roman Jones, he is accused of being what?
(a) A cop.
(b) A spy.
(c) A drug dealer.
(d) An IRS agent.
5. George Wilson suggests that one alternative in order to free Art is to take sensitive information to the Randall family and try to do what?
(a) Shame them into becoming hermits for a while.
(b) Run them out of town.
(c) Persuade the family to drop the case.
(d) Press charges against them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Without being noticed, John and George follow J.D. Randall and Peter Randall and watch them do what?
2. At the gathering at George Morris' home, Judith wishes that there was less medical jargon and more __________.
3. As John recovers in the hospital, Roman Jones is brought in with what?
4. After John thinks about shifting the blame for Karen's death to Peter and away from Art, what does he do?
5. John Berry and Dr. Sanderson are well aware that as a result of Art's case, both of them could what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do John Berry and George Wilson witness after they follow J.D. Randall and Peter Randall along the coast?
2. What vital information is revealed when John Berry meets Peter Randall for lunch?
3. Why does Angela Harding end up in the hospital while John is recovering there?
4. How do Angela and Bubbles act towards John when he meets them and asks about Karen?
5. When John is in the hospital, what happens to Roman Jones?
6. After John helps Betty Lee board up the broken windows in her house and tends to her children's cuts, he calls attorney George Wilson. What do he and George agree to do?
7. Summarize John Berry's meeting with Roman Jones.
8. When a reporter arrives to cover the demonstration at the Lee house, what does John tell him?
9. Why does John end up in the emergency room?
10. What viable alternatives does George Wilson present to John Berry as they ponder how to prove Art's innocence?
This section contains 1,127 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)