|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. George Wilson says that the only other way to free Art is to find the real abortionist, but ___________.
(a) This person could convince the court he or she is innocent.
(b) Jurors could still ignore the evidence and accuse Art.
(c) This person will be difficult to find in time for the trial.
(d) It is very possible that Art is the real abortionist.
2. What is happening outside of the Lee's home?
(a) A candlelight vigil.
(b) A fundraiser.
(c) A prayer service.
(d) A demonstration.
3. Why does Ev Randall name Art as the abortionist who messed up Karen's procedure?
(a) She wanted revenge against Art.
(b) She wanted revenge against Betty.
(c) She was afraid Peter would be accused.
(d) She was afraid Fritz would be accused.
4. As John is being wheeled into an emergency room, he is told what?
(a) His jaw might be broken.
(b) His nose is broken.
(c) His wrist is broken.
(d) His foot might be broken.
5. Who supposedly lives with Sam Archer?
Short Answer Questions
1. After learning that he needs to talk with someone named Bubbles, whom does John ask about the identity of Bubbles?
2. At the hospital, John tests Roman Jones' blood and determines what?
3. As John plans his strategy for Thursday, he gets a phone call from whom?
4. Who is Fritz Werner?
5. When John meets with Peter Randall and tells him that George has taken pictures, Peter wants to know what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does John's wife, Judith, feel at the dinner party at George Morris' house?
2. What vital information is revealed when John Berry meets Peter Randall for lunch?
3. What does Norton tell John is missing from Memorial Hospital?
4. Although Sanderson and John can easily shift the blame to Peter Randall and away from Art Lee, John has his misgivings. Why?
5. Summarize John Berry's meeting with Roman Jones.
6. What viable alternatives does George Wilson present to John Berry as they ponder how to prove Art's innocence?
7. Describe Dr. Norton Francis Hammond.
8. During the dinner party at George Morris' house, how do different people interact with John Berry?
9. Summarize John's encounter with Sam Archer.
10. When John is in the hospital, what happens to Roman Jones?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)