|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John goes home and talks with his wife on the phone, she tells him to do what?
(a) Call Betty Lee and console her.
(b) Take coloring books to the Lee children.
(c) Go to the Lee house right away.
(d) Bring dinner to the Lee household.
2. Why does Fritz think that Karen kept getting pregnant?
(a) She did not know about birth control.
(b) To punish herself.
(c) She wanted to die.
(d) To spite her father.
3. After learning that he needs to talk with someone named Bubbles, whom does John ask about the identity of Bubbles?
(a) George Morris.
(b) Norton Hammond.
(c) Peter Randall.
(d) Charlie Frank.
4. When talking with John, what information does Fritz confirm?
(a) Peter Randall thought his niece was possessed.
(b) Karen had attempted suicide at least five times.
(c) Nobody took Karen seriously anymore.
(d) Peter Randall had performed at least two abortions on Karen.
5. Why did Peter refuse to perform another abortion on Karen?
(a) He was angry with her.
(b) He decided she would be left with too much internal scarring.
(c) She was too far along in her pregnancy.
(d) He concluded that she really wanted the shame of an illegitimate birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John locate Sam Archer?
2. Whenever John mentions Karen, Sam Archer says that she was __________.
3. John realizes that Angela is whose niece?
4. George Wilson suggests that one alternative in order to free Art is to take sensitive information to the Randall family and try to do what?
5. What information does Norton give John about the pharmacy at Memorial Hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Although Sanderson and John can easily shift the blame to Peter Randall and away from Art Lee, John has his misgivings. Why?
2. When John visits Dr. Fritz Werner at his office, what does Fritz say about Karen?
3. Summarize John's encounter with Sam Archer.
4. How do Angela and Bubbles act towards John when he meets them and asks about Karen?
5. What conflicting results does John receive regarding Karen's possible pregnancy?
6. Why does Angela Harding end up in the hospital while John is recovering there?
7. What does John say to Norton when he finds him smoking marijuana at George Morris' place?
8. Summarize John Berry's meeting with Roman Jones.
9. What does Norton tell John is missing from Memorial Hospital?
10. How does John's hunch pay off when he meets Angela Harding?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)