|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John recalls that Peter had called his niece Karen what?
(a) An out-of-control train wreck.
(b) A sad girl suffering from multiple personality disorder.
(c) A conniving, manipulative woman.
(d) An hysterical young girl.
2. When John goes home and talks with his wife on the phone, she tells him to do what?
(a) Bring dinner to the Lee household.
(b) Take coloring books to the Lee children.
(c) Go to the Lee house right away.
(d) Call Betty Lee and console her.
3. John meets with attorney George Wilson in a bar run by a former what?
(b) Country music legend.
(c) Football player.
(d) Rock star.
4. John learns that Peter is having an affair with whom?
(a) Betty Lee.
(b) Angela Harding.
(c) Ev Randall.
(d) Judith Berry.
5. At Sam's place, John learns that Bubbles is with whom?
(a) Angela Harding.
(b) Michael Arthur.
(c) Regina Arnold.
(d) Norton Hammond.
Short Answer Questions
1. When John reaches the Lee household, what does he find in their front yard?
2. When John and George arrive at the Randall residence, what are they surprised to see out front?
3. John tries to call Sam but discovers what?
4. After learning that he needs to talk with someone named Bubbles, whom does John ask about the identity of Bubbles?
5. What information does Norton give John about the pharmacy at Memorial Hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. During the dinner party at George Morris' house, how do different people interact with John Berry?
2. What challenges does George Wilson, Art Lee's new lawyer, face in trying to convince a jury of Art's innocence?
3. Summarize John Berry's meeting with Roman Jones.
4. After John helps Betty Lee board up the broken windows in her house and tends to her children's cuts, he calls attorney George Wilson. What do he and George agree to do?
5. How does John's wife, Judith, feel at the dinner party at George Morris' house?
6. What viable alternatives does George Wilson present to John Berry as they ponder how to prove Art's innocence?
7. Summarize John's encounter with Sam Archer.
8. How does John's hunch pay off when he meets Angela Harding?
9. What vital information is revealed when John Berry meets Peter Randall for lunch?
10. What does Norton tell John is missing from Memorial Hospital?
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)