|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to John when he tries to follow Roman Jones?
(a) He is hit by a car.
(b) He is knocked unconscious.
(c) He is kidnapped.
(d) He is shot.
2. When a reporter arrives at the Lee household, John makes it a point to talk about what?
(a) How much the Lees love their children.
(b) How well-respected the Lees are in the community.
(c) How frightening their nextdoor neighbor is.
(d) How long it had taken for the police to arrive.
3. George Wilson explains that as an African-American defending an Asian-American abortionist in that particular era in front of a white jury, he faces what big challenge?
(a) Supressing his own disdain.
(b) Overcoming stereotypes.
(c) Keeping his family safe.
(d) Keeping Art alive.
4. When John meets with Peter Randall and tells him that George has taken pictures, Peter wants to know what?
(a) If John is angry with him.
(b) If he should leave the country.
(c) If he can bribe George to get the pictures.
(d) If he is in hot water.
5. John Berry and Dr. Sanderson are well aware that as a result of Art's case, both of them could what?
(a) Be killed.
(b) Be implicated.
(c) Have to leave the country.
(d) Have to testify against each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Angela Harding admitted to the hospital?
2. Both John and George Wilson realize that even if Karen was not pregnant, this is not enough to do what?
3. Peter suspected that Karen might have a problem with what?
4. After learning that he needs to talk with someone named Bubbles, whom does John ask about the identity of Bubbles?
5. Who supposedly lives with Sam Archer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Norton tell John is missing from Memorial Hospital?
2. What challenges does George Wilson, Art Lee's new lawyer, face in trying to convince a jury of Art's innocence?
3. Why does John end up in the emergency room?
4. What conflicting results does John receive regarding Karen's possible pregnancy?
5. Summarize John's encounter with Sam Archer.
6. Why does Peter refuse to perform an abortion on Karen the last time she asks him for one?
7. How does John's hunch pay off when he meets Angela Harding?
8. When John is in the hospital, what happens to Roman Jones?
9. What secret information does Sanderson reveal to John about Peter Randall?
10. Describe Dr. Norton Francis Hammond.
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)