|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Norton Francis Hammond?
(a) An outstanding attorney who dislikes John.
(b) A mediocre doctor disliked by many.
(c) A rebellious attorney who wins few cases.
(d) An excellent doctor and somewhat of a rebel.
2. As John talks with Angela, it becomes very clear that she is what?
(a) A jewel thief.
(b) A police informant.
(c) A drug addict.
(d) A school teacher.
3. John Berry and Dr. Sanderson are well aware that as a result of Art's case, both of them could what?
(a) Have to leave the country.
(b) Be implicated.
(c) Be killed.
(d) Have to testify against each other.
4. John realizes that Angela is whose niece?
(a) Leland Weston.
(b) Norton Hammond.
(c) Art Lee.
(d) George Wilson.
5. What does John say about doctors who drink large quantities of alcohol?
(a) They get sleepy.
(b) Most do not act drunk.
(c) Most sound smarter.
(d) They reveal confidential information about patients.
Short Answer Questions
1. Peter explains to John that even though he has an alibi, he __________.
2. George Wilson explains that as an African-American defending an Asian-American abortionist in that particular era in front of a white jury, he faces what big challenge?
3. What does John learn from Murphy about the results of blood tests done on Karen?
4. John concludes that Karen had a problem with what?
5. John tries to call Sam but discovers what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John say to Norton when he finds him smoking marijuana at George Morris' place?
2. Why does Peter refuse to perform an abortion on Karen the last time she asks him for one?
3. What vital information is revealed when John Berry meets Peter Randall for lunch?
4. How does John's wife, Judith, feel at the dinner party at George Morris' house?
5. What challenges does George Wilson, Art Lee's new lawyer, face in trying to convince a jury of Art's innocence?
6. Summarize John's encounter with Sam Archer.
7. How do Angela and Bubbles act towards John when he meets them and asks about Karen?
8. What do John Berry and George Wilson witness after they follow J.D. Randall and Peter Randall along the coast?
9. Why does John end up in the emergency room?
10. Although Sanderson and John can easily shift the blame to Peter Randall and away from Art Lee, John has his misgivings. Why?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)