|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John learns that Peter is having an affair with whom?
(a) Angela Harding.
(b) Judith Berry.
(c) Ev Randall.
(d) Betty Lee.
2. George Wilson explains that a second viable approach is to do what?
(a) Bring Art's family into the courtroom to win the jury's sympathy.
(b) Present sensitive information about the Randalls in court.
(c) Make jurors feel like idiots if they do not see that Art is innocent.
(d) Bring in dozens of witnesses who support and respect Art.
3. George Wilson explains that as an African-American defending an Asian-American abortionist in that particular era in front of a white jury, he faces what big challenge?
(a) Supressing his own disdain.
(b) Overcoming stereotypes.
(c) Keeping his family safe.
(d) Keeping Art alive.
4. John tries to call Sam but discovers what?
(a) That Sam's phone has been disconnected.
(b) That Sam has moved to another neighborhood.
(c) That Sam works the night shift.
(d) That Sam does not speak English.
5. How does John describe Norton Francis Hammond?
(a) A narcissistic drama king.
(b) Someone who can never be trusted.
(c) One of the best attorneys in all of Boston.
(d) The hope of the future of medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ev Randall name Art as the abortionist who messed up Karen's procedure?
2. In the presence of the reporter, what does John demand for the Lee family?
3. The new attorney who has taken on Art's case is George __________.
4. J.D. Randall and Peter Randall do not realize that they are being watched and that __________.
5. John recalls that Peter had called his niece Karen what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Norton tell John is missing from Memorial Hospital?
2. What challenges does George Wilson, Art Lee's new lawyer, face in trying to convince a jury of Art's innocence?
3. What viable alternatives does George Wilson present to John Berry as they ponder how to prove Art's innocence?
4. Summarize John's encounter with Sam Archer.
5. How does John's hunch pay off when he meets Angela Harding?
6. After John helps Betty Lee board up the broken windows in her house and tends to her children's cuts, he calls attorney George Wilson. What do he and George agree to do?
7. During the dinner party at George Morris' house, how do different people interact with John Berry?
8. What vital information is revealed when John Berry meets Peter Randall for lunch?
9. How do Angela and Bubbles act towards John when he meets them and asks about Karen?
10. What conflicting results does John receive regarding Karen's possible pregnancy?
This section contains 1,151 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)