|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After John thinks about shifting the blame for Karen's death to Peter and away from Art, what does he do?
(a) Gets himself drunk.
(b) Questions his motives.
(c) Finds the idea repulsive.
(d) Laughs at his stupidity.
2. At Sam's place, John learns that Bubbles is with whom?
(a) Regina Arnold.
(b) Michael Arthur.
(c) Angela Harding.
(d) Norton Hammond.
3. What does Fritz reveal to John about Ev Randall?
(a) She hates Art with all her might.
(b) Fritz was once married to her.
(c) She and Fritz had an affair.
(d) She had had an abortion through Art.
4. George Wilson says that the only other way to free Art is to find the real abortionist, but ___________.
(a) This person could convince the court he or she is innocent.
(b) This person will be difficult to find in time for the trial.
(c) Jurors could still ignore the evidence and accuse Art.
(d) It is very possible that Art is the real abortionist.
5. After Judith goes home, why does John stay behind at the Lee residence?
(a) To protect the Lee family.
(b) To board up windows and tend to the children's cuts.
(c) To prepare dinner and read to the children.
(d) To talk to more reporters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Peter refuse to perform another abortion on Karen?
2. J.D. Randall and Peter Randall do not realize that they are being watched and that __________.
3. What does Angela Harding confess to John Berry?
4. Before leaving his house and heading over to the Lee residence, what does John do?
5. How many abortions did Peter perform on Karen?
Short Essay Questions
1. When John visits Dr. Fritz Werner at his office, what does Fritz say about Karen?
2. After John helps Betty Lee board up the broken windows in her house and tends to her children's cuts, he calls attorney George Wilson. What do he and George agree to do?
3. What do John Berry and George Wilson witness after they follow J.D. Randall and Peter Randall along the coast?
4. Why does Angela Harding end up in the hospital while John is recovering there?
5. What secret information does Sanderson reveal to John about Peter Randall?
6. How does John's wife, Judith, feel at the dinner party at George Morris' house?
7. What does Norton tell John is missing from Memorial Hospital?
8. Describe the demonstration outside the home of the Lee family.
9. During the dinner party at George Morris' house, how do different people interact with John Berry?
10. What challenges does George Wilson, Art Lee's new lawyer, face in trying to convince a jury of Art's innocence?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)