|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Dr. Conway always conduct his autopsies?
(a) Late at night.
(b) During the busiest part of the day.
(c) In the presence of his superviser.
(d) Early in the morning.
2. As the doctor finishes up the autopsy on Karen, what does John note?
(a) It is perfectly clear Karen had been murdered.
(b) The results will not show for certain if Karen was pregnant.
(c) Karen's pregnancy had been plagued with problems.
(d) It should be easy to prove Art's innocence.
3. Without being asked, William Randall makes sure that John Berry knows what?
(a) That he is planning to drop out of medical school.
(b) That he did not perform an abortion on Karen.
(c) That he is planning to move out of Boston.
(d) That he does not get along with J.D. Randall.
4. John offers several scenarios under which an autopsy would be performed. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons he presents?
(a) The patient dies under violent or unusual circumstances.
(b) The patient is dead upon arrival at the hospital.
(c) The patient dies within a day of arriving at the hospital.
(d) The patient is related to a hospital staff member.
5. Peter Randall explains to John that he had ordered head X-rays for Karen because she had been complaining of what?
(a) Neck pain.
(b) Migraine headaches.
(c) Hearing loss.
(d) Vision loss.
Short Answer Questions
1. As John talks with people who had known Karen, what name starts to pop up?
2. Jim Murphy agrees to John's request on what condition?
3. The police sergeant allows John Berry in to see Dr. Lee after he mistakenly thinks what?
4. After meeting with Art in jail, John calls his wife, Judith, and asks her to do what?
5. When John talks to a radiologist named Hughes about Karen's head X-rays, what does he learn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the encounter between John Berry and Roger Whiting, the medical intern who had given Karen penicillin without first checking for allergies.
2. What does John Berry say about Dr. Conway's manner of conducting autopsies?
3. Why does John take a sample of Karen's blood to Dr. Jim Murphy?
4. While John Berry does his work in the pathology lab during the busiest part of the day, who calls him, and why?
5. Why do the police arrest Art Lee?
6. After Dr. John Berry learns that Dr. Art Lee has been arrested, he recalls talking with Art about what serious matter?
7. During the first conversation between J.D. Randall and John Berry, what does the reader learn about Randall's attitude towards Art Lee?
8. Describe the connection between Suzanne Blake and Art Lee.
9. Why does Roger Whiting come up with "miscarriage" as a diagnosis for Karen's condition?
10. How does being a doctor help John with his unofficial investigation of Karen's death?
This section contains 1,131 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)