|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alan Zenner tells John that Karen __________.
(a) Was a model student.
(b) Was about to drop out of college.
(c) Had multiple personalities.
(d) Had a bad reputation.
2. Why does John call Lewis Carr after meeting with the medical intern?
(a) He does not believe what the intern just told him.
(b) He really wants to see Karen's charts.
(c) He needs a ride home.
(d) He wants to know if the police have come by.
3. What does John want Jim Murphy to do?
(a) Review Karen's case.
(b) Test Karen's blood.
(c) Run a background check on Art.
(d) Analyze Karen's DNA.
4. The person conducting Karen's autopsy determines that the source of her bleeding was what?
(a) An abdominal stab wound.
(b) A hole in her stomach.
(c) A head wound sustained in a fall.
(d) A hole in her uterus.
5. The last time that William Randall saw Karen, she had talked Uncle Peter into doing what?
(a) Lending her fifty dollars.
(b) Lending her his car.
(c) Taking her to the museum.
(d) Taking her to the movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John Berry react to Roger Whiting's self-pity?
2. When John meets with Lewis Carr and talks to him in person, he learns that after being taken to the emergency by her mother, Karen had been given what?
3. When John meets with Dr. Peter Randall in his lab, what does he learn?
4. In John's commentary on Boston City Hospital, he explains that the facility __________.
5. Who calls Dr. John Berry during his busiest time in the pathology lab?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why other doctors let Dr. Frank Conway rant and rave after one of his patients dies.
2. Who is Alan Zenner, and why does John talk with him?
3. Summarize the encounter between John Berry and Roger Whiting, the medical intern who had given Karen penicillin without first checking for allergies.
4. How does J.D. Randall deflect pointed questions John Berry asks of him during their first conversation?
5. Why do the police arrest Art Lee?
6. Summarize the conversation that takes place between John and Ev outside of the Randall home.
7. What does John tell Peter Randall when asked for his opinion about Karen's autopsy findings?
8. When John Berry spends ten minutes with Art Lee after his arrest, what does Art explain about Karen Randall?
9. While John Berry does his work in the pathology lab during the busiest part of the day, who calls him, and why?
10. What does John Berry say about Dr. Conway's manner of conducting autopsies?
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)