|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John learns that Karen had been rushed to the hospital after she was found __________.
(a) Collapsed in the driver's seat.
(b) Crying in the kitchen.
(c) Hyperventilating in the backyard gazebo.
(d) Screaming in her room.
2. When John finds a regular bottle of prescription medicine in Karen's room, what does he do?
(a) He writes down the prescription number and takes a pill with him.
(b) He throws the bottle away to discard evidence.
(c) He notices that it is penicillin and is baffled.
(d) He searches for other medications.
3. As Jack Hendricks prepares to do an autopsy on Karen Randall, who arrives and performs the procedure instead?
(a) Leland Weston, chief pathologist.
(b) Arthur Klein, forensics expert.
(c) Lewis Carr, clinical professor.
(d) Janice Altwater, head of staff.
4. How does J.D. Randall reply when John Berry asks what he would have done if Karen had told him she was pregnant?
(a) He says there is no point in speculating.
(b) He calls John an insolent jerk.
(c) He tells John to shut up.
(d) He begins to cry quietly.
5. Roger Whiting, the intern who tended to Karen Randall at the hospital, had come up with what diagnosis for her?
(d) Brain hemorrhage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John Berry say that Frank Conway's theatrics are tolerated?
2. When John goes to the Randall's house after talking with the radiologist and checking with the pharmacy, whom does he see?
3. When John speaks with George Bradford, what does he realize?
4. Typically, when is John Berry's busiest time in the pathology lab?
5. When John meets with Dr. Peter Randall in his lab, what does he learn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Alan Zenner, and why does John talk with him?
2. Summarize how John Berry describes Boston City Hospital.
3. What are some of the major findings made during Karen Randall's autopsy?
4. Summarize the conversation that takes place between John and Ev outside of the Randall home.
5. When John goes to the radiology department at Memorial Hospital, what does the radiologist tell him?
6. While John Berry does his work in the pathology lab during the busiest part of the day, who calls him, and why?
7. John Berry compares his puzzlement over Art Lee's case with "the Peru case." What is the Peru case to which he refers?
8. Who is Mrs. McPherson, and what happens to her?
9. Explain why John wants to help Art Lee even though other doctors are willing to let him be a scapegoat for Karen's death.
10. Describe the connection between Suzanne Blake and Art Lee.
This section contains 1,296 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)