|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The person conducting Karen's autopsy determines that the source of her bleeding was what?
(a) A hole in her stomach.
(b) A head wound sustained in a fall.
(c) A hole in her uterus.
(d) An abdominal stab wound.
2. What does John say in response to the Randall family's belief that Karen had paid Art Lee three hundred dollars for an abortion?
(a) The family needs to stop framing Art.
(b) Art always charges twenty-five dollars only to cover lab costs.
(c) It would be easy to trace the check and see who had cashed it.
(d) Art accepts no money whatsoever for doing an abortion.
3. During John Berry's first conversation with J.D. Randall, what does J.D. try to offer him?
(a) A better position at another facility.
(b) A pay increase.
(c) A ham sandwich.
(d) A weekend at his villa.
4. When John Berry tells Arthur Lee that continuing to perform abortions is insane, Lee defends himself by saying what?
(a) Women's lives are complicated.
(b) Everyone in the hospital knows what he is doing.
(c) It is often the humane answer.
(d) The police are in on it.
5. Suzanne Blake seeks Arthur Lee because she wants him to do what?
(a) Give her the best prenatal care possible.
(b) Deliver her baby.
(c) Protect her baby from her illness.
(d) Perform an abortion.
Short Answer Questions
1. When John contacts the pharmacy to learn more about Karen's prescription, he learns that she was taking what?
2. Even though Lewis Carr, clinical professor of medicine at Boston Memorial, declines to talk with John by phone, he does explain what?
3. As John watches the autopsy conducted on Karen Randall, he discovers that her cause of death was systemic anaphylaxis, which is what?
4. Why does John Berry say that Frank Conway's theatrics are tolerated?
5. When John Berry encounters J.D. Randall after meeting with William Randall, how does J.D. greet him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What key details does John learn about Karen from her roommate Ginnie?
2. Summarize how John Berry describes Boston City Hospital.
3. What does John Berry say about Dr. Conway's manner of conducting autopsies?
4. How does J.D. Randall, Karen's father, first attempt to get John Berry to stop working on Art Lee's case?
5. Explain why other doctors let Dr. Frank Conway rant and rave after one of his patients dies.
6. John Berry compares his puzzlement over Art Lee's case with "the Peru case." What is the Peru case to which he refers?
7. What does John tell Peter Randall when asked for his opinion about Karen's autopsy findings?
8. What are some of the major findings made during Karen Randall's autopsy?
9. Summarize John Berry's phone conversation with Dr. Sanderson, head of the pathology labs, following his unfruitful meeting with Art Lee's attorney.
10. According to John, autopsies are required to be performed under what circumstances?
This section contains 1,219 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)