|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John Berry tells Arthur Lee that continuing to perform abortions is insane, Lee defends himself by saying what?
(a) It is often the humane answer.
(b) The police are in on it.
(c) Women's lives are complicated.
(d) Everyone in the hospital knows what he is doing.
2. J.D. Randall questions John Berry's what?
3. Alan Zenner explains to John that Karen had claimed she was pregnant and was scared about having an abortion, but he _________.
(a) Did not care.
(b) Did not have time to comfort her.
(c) Did not believe her.
(d) Did not like her.
4. Typically, when is John Berry's busiest time in the pathology lab?
(a) During the early hours of the morning.
(b) During the late afternoon.
(c) Right before midnight.
(d) Right before lunchtime.
5. After Karen's autopsy, John pays a visit to Jim Murphy. Who is Jim?
(a) A pathologist specializing in murder cases.
(b) A lung specialist conducting research on lung capacity in pregnant women.
(c) A detective specializing in hospital murder cases.
(d) A biochemist conducting research on steroids in pregnant women.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the doctor finishes up the autopsy on Karen, what does John note?
2. After J.D. Randall tries to bribe John Berry to get him to drop Art Lee's case, J.D. resorts to what?
3. Who is Alan Zenner?
4. In talking to Karen's roommate, John learns that Karen had claimed what?
5. John learns that Karen had been rushed to the hospital after she was found __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize John Berry's phone conversation with Dr. Sanderson, head of the pathology labs, following his unfruitful meeting with Art Lee's attorney.
2. After Dr. John Berry learns that Dr. Art Lee has been arrested, he recalls talking with Art about what serious matter?
3. Why does John take a sample of Karen's blood to Dr. Jim Murphy?
4. Who is Mrs. McPherson, and what happens to her?
5. Summarize the conversation that takes place between John and Ev outside of the Randall home.
6. When John goes to the radiology department at Memorial Hospital, what does the radiologist tell him?
7. Describe the connection between Suzanne Blake and Art Lee.
8. Summarize how John Berry describes Boston City Hospital.
9. Why do the police arrest Art Lee?
10. What does John tell Peter Randall when asked for his opinion about Karen's autopsy findings?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)