|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Frank Conway enters the pathology lab and encounters John Berry, he throws a tantrum over what?
(a) Having his methods questioned.
(b) Treating the wrong patient.
(c) Losing a patient on the operating table.
(d) Being insulted by another doctor.
2. Why does John call Lewis Carr after meeting with the medical intern?
(a) He really wants to see Karen's charts.
(b) He does not believe what the intern just told him.
(c) He wants to know if the police have come by.
(d) He needs a ride home.
3. As the person conducting Karen's autopsy examines her lungs, what becomes evident?
(a) An undetected tumor had been growing.
(b) She had been a heavy smoker.
(c) She had had a bout with pneumonia.
(d) Her body had reacted to something.
4. Suzanne Blake seeks Arthur Lee because she wants him to do what?
(a) Perform an abortion.
(b) Deliver her baby.
(c) Protect her baby from her illness.
(d) Give her the best prenatal care possible.
5. When John Berry encounters J.D. Randall after meeting with William Randall, how does J.D. greet him?
(b) Very coldly.
(c) In a friendly manner.
(d) In a threatening manner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jim Murphy agrees to John's request on what condition?
2. When John shares with Peter Randall that he feels Karen's autopsy shows she was not pregnant, what does Peter say?
3. Alan Zenner tells John that Karen __________.
4. Alan Zenner explains to John that Karen had claimed she was pregnant and was scared about having an abortion, but he _________.
5. Who calls Dr. John Berry during his busiest time in the pathology lab?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize John Berry's meeting with Roman Jones.
2. How does John's wife, Judith, feel at the dinner party at George Morris' house?
3. Why does Roger Whiting come up with "miscarriage" as a diagnosis for Karen's condition?
4. What conflicting results does John receive regarding Karen's possible pregnancy?
5. Why does Angela Harding end up in the hospital while John is recovering there?
6. When John visits Dr. Fritz Werner at his office, what does Fritz say about Karen?
7. Why does John take a sample of Karen's blood to Dr. Jim Murphy?
8. Although Sanderson and John can easily shift the blame to Peter Randall and away from Art Lee, John has his misgivings. Why?
9. Describe the connection between Suzanne Blake and Art Lee.
10. Describe Dr. Norton Francis Hammond.
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)