|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John Berry gains access to Art Lee in jail, how much time is he given for their meeting?
(a) Twenty minutes.
(b) Ten minutes.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) Two minutes.
2. Why is John surprised when he learns that J.D. Randall is in the operating room performing open-heart surgery?
(a) His wife has been hospitalized.
(b) Randall does not have enough experience for this procedure.
(c) Randall is supposed to be at the police station.
(d) His daughter had died the previous evening.
3. As the person conducting Karen's autopsy examines her lungs, what becomes evident?
(a) She had had a bout with pneumonia.
(b) She had been a heavy smoker.
(c) An undetected tumor had been growing.
(d) Her body had reacted to something.
4. What do John Berry and Frank Conway discuss when John drives Frank to Children's Hospital?
(a) Karen Randall's chart.
(b) J.D. Randall's personality and influence.
(c) Lewis Carr's fear of authority.
(d) Jim Murphy's questionable character.
5. Suzanne Blake seeks Arthur Lee because she wants him to do what?
(a) Give her the best prenatal care possible.
(b) Perform an abortion.
(c) Protect her baby from her illness.
(d) Deliver her baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. When John talks to a radiologist named Hughes about Karen's head X-rays, what does he learn?
2. Lewis Carr tells John that according to her stepmother, Karen had named Art Lee as __________.
3. John offers several scenarios under which an autopsy would be performed. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons he presents?
4. After meeting with Art in jail, John calls George Bradford and leaves a message. Who is Bradford?
5. When John Berry tells Arthur Lee that continuing to perform abortions is insane, Lee defends himself by saying what?
Short Essay Questions
1. When John Berry spends ten minutes with Art Lee after his arrest, what does Art explain about Karen Randall?
2. What does John tell Peter Randall when asked for his opinion about Karen's autopsy findings?
3. Summarize the conversation that takes place between John and Ev outside of the Randall home.
4. What are some of the major findings made during Karen Randall's autopsy?
5. Describe the connection between Suzanne Blake and Art Lee.
6. Why has George Bradford declined to take Art Lee's case?
7. Why does Roger Whiting come up with "miscarriage" as a diagnosis for Karen's condition?
8. Summarize the encounter between John Berry and Roger Whiting, the medical intern who had given Karen penicillin without first checking for allergies.
9. Who is Mrs. McPherson, and what happens to her?
10. Why do the police arrest Art Lee?
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)