|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Roger Whiting explains to John Berry that Karen Randall's most prominent symptom was what?
(a) Inability to see clearly.
(b) Inability to speak.
(c) Severe back pain.
(d) Severe bleeding.
2. Jim Murphy agrees to John's request on what condition?
(a) That John keeps him updated about the murder case.
(b) That John and his wife join him for dinner.
(c) That afterwards, John takes him out for a beer.
(d) That afterwards, John reveals the person's identity.
3. What does John want Jim Murphy to do?
(a) Test Karen's blood.
(b) Analyze Karen's DNA.
(c) Run a background check on Art.
(d) Review Karen's case.
4. When John goes to the Randall's house after talking with the radiologist and checking with the pharmacy, whom does he see?
(a) Mr. Randall, of J.D.
(b) Mrs. Randall, or Ev.
(c) Walter Randall.
(d) Peter Randall.
5. As the doctor finishes up the autopsy on Karen, what does John note?
(a) It is perfectly clear Karen had been murdered.
(b) Karen's pregnancy had been plagued with problems.
(c) It should be easy to prove Art's innocence.
(d) The results will not show for certain if Karen was pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. In talking to Karen's roommate, John learns that Karen had claimed what?
2. In John's commentary on Boston City Hospital, he explains that the facility __________.
3. Why is John surprised when he learns that J.D. Randall is in the operating room performing open-heart surgery?
4. What does the doctor performing the autopsy on Karen conclude about a possible abortion?
5. John offers several scenarios under which an autopsy would be performed. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons he presents?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mrs. McPherson, and what happens to her?
2. Summarize John Berry's phone conversation with Dr. Sanderson, head of the pathology labs, following his unfruitful meeting with Art Lee's attorney.
3. When John goes to the radiology department at Memorial Hospital, what does the radiologist tell him?
4. Who is Alan Zenner, and why does John talk with him?
5. Why does Roger Whiting come up with "miscarriage" as a diagnosis for Karen's condition?
6. How does J.D. Randall deflect pointed questions John Berry asks of him during their first conversation?
7. During the first conversation between J.D. Randall and John Berry, what does the reader learn about Randall's attitude towards Art Lee?
8. How does being a doctor help John with his unofficial investigation of Karen's death?
9. How does J.D. Randall, Karen's father, first attempt to get John Berry to stop working on Art Lee's case?
10. According to John, autopsies are required to be performed under what circumstances?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)