|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John Berry say that Frank Conway's theatrics are tolerated?
(a) His mortality rate is very low.
(b) He has suffered a terrible tragedy.
(c) He is married to the hospital's president.
(d) The other doctors fear him.
2. When John calls Lewis Carr after meeting with the medical intern, what is Lewis' demeanor?
(a) Angry and belligerent.
(b) Giddy and bouyant.
(c) Frightened and apologetic.
(d) Guarded and reserved.
3. When was the last time William Randall had seen Karen alive?
(a) A month ago.
(b) A year ago.
(c) The previous Saturday.
(d) The previous Wednesday.
4. As John talks with people who had known Karen, what name starts to pop up?
5. Art Lee explains to John Berry that he had refused to perform an abortion on Karen Randall because __________.
(a) Her reasons for wanting one were frivolous.
(b) Her pregnancy was already four months along.
(c) He thought it was a trap.
(d) He was afraid of her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the doctor finishes up the autopsy on Karen, what does John note?
2. The person conducting Karen's autopsy determines that the source of her bleeding was what?
3. Art Lee tells John Berry that when Karen Randall left his office, he was under the impression that she __________.
4. When John meets with Lewis Carr and talks to him in person, he learns that after being taken to the emergency by her mother, Karen had been given what?
5. When John Berry gains access to Art Lee in jail, how much time is he given for their meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What key details does John learn about Karen from her roommate Ginnie?
2. When John goes to the radiology department at Memorial Hospital, what does the radiologist tell him?
3. Describe the connection between Suzanne Blake and Art Lee.
4. Why has George Bradford declined to take Art Lee's case?
5. When John finally talks with Peter Randall directly, what key pieces of information does he learn?
6. While John Berry does his work in the pathology lab during the busiest part of the day, who calls him, and why?
7. Explain why John wants to help Art Lee even though other doctors are willing to let him be a scapegoat for Karen's death.
8. What are some of the major findings made during Karen Randall's autopsy?
9. Why does Roger Whiting come up with "miscarriage" as a diagnosis for Karen's condition?
10. What does John tell Peter Randall when asked for his opinion about Karen's autopsy findings?
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)