|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Roger Whiting, the intern who tended to Karen Randall at the hospital, had come up with what diagnosis for her?
(d) Brain hemorrhage.
2. Roger Whiting tells John Berry that he had given Karen Randall penicillin __________.
(a) Without first consulting her medical charts.
(b) Because her mother said she had no drug allergies.
(c) When he really meant to prescribe steroids instead.
(d) Because she had demanded it.
3. Alan Zenner explains to John that Karen had claimed she was pregnant and was scared about having an abortion, but he _________.
(a) Did not like her.
(b) Did not have time to comfort her.
(c) Did not believe her.
(d) Did not care.
4. As the person conducting Karen's autopsy examines her lungs, what becomes evident?
(a) She had been a heavy smoker.
(b) An undetected tumor had been growing.
(c) She had had a bout with pneumonia.
(d) Her body had reacted to something.
5. What happens when John Berry arrives at the police station and requests to see Dr. Lee?
(a) He is told to come back later.
(b) He is greeted warmly.
(c) He is refused admittance.
(d) He is almost arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John Berry say that Frank Conway's theatrics are tolerated?
2. What does John want Jim Murphy to do?
3. When was the last time William Randall had seen Karen alive?
4. Why is John surprised when he learns that J.D. Randall is in the operating room performing open-heart surgery?
5. Who calls Dr. John Berry during his busiest time in the pathology lab?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do John Berry and George Wilson witness after they follow J.D. Randall and Peter Randall along the coast?
2. Why does Angela Harding end up in the hospital while John is recovering there?
3. What vital information is revealed when John Berry meets Peter Randall for lunch?
4. Why does Peter refuse to perform an abortion on Karen the last time she asks him for one?
5. According to John, autopsies are required to be performed under what circumstances?
6. Summarize how John Berry describes Boston City Hospital.
7. Why does Angela clean fingerprints off the chair and doorknob?
8. What does John Berry say about Dr. Conway's manner of conducting autopsies?
9. Who is Mrs. McPherson, and what happens to her?
10. When a reporter arrives to cover the demonstration at the Lee house, what does John tell him?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)