|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Jack Hendricks prepares to do an autopsy on Karen Randall, John is somewhat taken aback by what?
(a) Jack's lack of hygiene.
(b) The absence of nurses and technicians.
(c) The presence of a group of medical interns.
(d) Jack's lack of experience.
2. Suzanne Blake seeks Arthur Lee because she wants him to do what?
(a) Perform an abortion.
(b) Deliver her baby.
(c) Protect her baby from her illness.
(d) Give her the best prenatal care possible.
3. William Randall tells John Berry that at dinner, the family had teased Karen a bit about what?
(a) Spending all her money and needing more.
(b) Dating a guy she had previously dumped.
(c) Getting a grade of C in P.E.
(d) Putting on a few extra pounds.
4. After meeting with Art in jail, John calls George Bradford and leaves a message. Who is Bradford?
(a) Art's attorney.
(b) John's attorney.
(c) John's supervisor.
(d) Art's mentor.
5. As the doctor finishes up the autopsy on Karen, what does John note?
(a) Karen's pregnancy had been plagued with problems.
(b) It is perfectly clear Karen had been murdered.
(c) It should be easy to prove Art's innocence.
(d) The results will not show for certain if Karen was pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Suzanne Blake is a college student who __________.
2. When William Randall speaks of Ev, to whom is he referring?
3. Roger Whiting discovered that six months earlier, a full set of cranial X-rays had been taken of Karen. Who does he think ordered them?
4. Lewis Carr tells John that according to her stepmother, Karen had named Art Lee as __________.
5. When John Berry gains access to Art Lee in jail, how much time is he given for their meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does John take a sample of Karen's blood to Dr. Jim Murphy?
2. John Berry compares his puzzlement over Art Lee's case with "the Peru case." What is the Peru case to which he refers?
3. Why do the police arrest Art Lee?
4. When John finally talks with Peter Randall directly, what key pieces of information does he learn?
5. Summarize the conversation that takes place between John and Ev outside of the Randall home.
6. How does being a doctor help John with his unofficial investigation of Karen's death?
7. Explain why John wants to help Art Lee even though other doctors are willing to let him be a scapegoat for Karen's death.
8. According to John, autopsies are required to be performed under what circumstances?
9. While John Berry does his work in the pathology lab during the busiest part of the day, who calls him, and why?
10. How does J.D. Randall deflect pointed questions John Berry asks of him during their first conversation?
This section contains 1,169 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)