Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Dr. John Berry during his busiest time in the pathology lab?
(a) His father.
(b) His wife.
(c) His son.
(d) His daughter.
2. Who is William Harvey Shattuck Randall?
(a) Karen's uncle.
(b) Karen's brother.
(c) Karen's grandfather.
(d) Karen's stepbrother.
3. After J.D. Randall tries to bribe John Berry to get him to drop Art Lee's case, J.D. resorts to what?
4. What do John Berry and Frank Conway discuss when John drives Frank to Children's Hospital?
(a) J.D. Randall's personality and influence.
(b) Karen Randall's chart.
(c) Jim Murphy's questionable character.
(d) Lewis Carr's fear of authority.
5. When John contacts the pharmacy to learn more about Karen's prescription, he learns that she was taking what?
(a) A placebo.
(b) Pain relief medication.
(d) Blood pressure medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What example does John give of a disease that is often seen at Boston City Hospital but is practically nonexistent elsewhere?
2. Roger Whiting, the intern who tended to Karen Randall at the hospital, had come up with what diagnosis for her?
3. John offers several scenarios under which an autopsy would be performed. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons he presents?
4. When John calls Lewis Carr after meeting with the medical intern, what is Lewis' demeanor?
5. J.D. Randall questions John Berry's what?
Short Essay Questions
1. John Berry compares his puzzlement over Art Lee's case with "the Peru case." What is the Peru case to which he refers?
2. Explain why other doctors let Dr. Frank Conway rant and rave after one of his patients dies.
3. Summarize John Berry's phone conversation with Dr. Sanderson, head of the pathology labs, following his unfruitful meeting with Art Lee's attorney.
4. What does John say to Dr. Weston about his role in the death of Roman?
5. Describe the demonstration outside the home of the Lee family.
6. Why does Angela clean fingerprints off the chair and doorknob?
7. Describe Dr. Norton Francis Hammond.
8. What does John tell Peter Randall when asked for his opinion about Karen's autopsy findings?
9. How does John's wife, Judith, feel at the dinner party at George Morris' house?
10. Why does John take a sample of Karen's blood to Dr. Jim Murphy?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)