|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Dr. Conway always conduct his autopsies?
(a) During the busiest part of the day.
(b) Late at night.
(c) In the presence of his superviser.
(d) Early in the morning.
2. After Karen's autopsy, John pays a visit to Jim Murphy. Who is Jim?
(a) A detective specializing in hospital murder cases.
(b) A biochemist conducting research on steroids in pregnant women.
(c) A pathologist specializing in murder cases.
(d) A lung specialist conducting research on lung capacity in pregnant women.
3. After John Berry gets an unexpected call in the pathology lab, what does he learn?
(a) His son has quit medical school.
(b) His daughter has run away from home.
(c) Frank Conway has punched the anesthesiologist.
(d) Art Lee has been arrested.
4. Without being asked, William Randall makes sure that John Berry knows what?
(a) That he does not get along with J.D. Randall.
(b) That he did not perform an abortion on Karen.
(c) That he is planning to drop out of medical school.
(d) That he is planning to move out of Boston.
5. Roger Whiting, the intern who tended to Karen Randall at the hospital, had come up with what diagnosis for her?
(d) Brain hemorrhage.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Jack Hendricks prepares to do an autopsy on Karen Randall, who arrives and performs the procedure instead?
2. As the doctor finishes up the autopsy on Karen, what does John note?
3. When John goes to the Randall's house after talking with the radiologist and checking with the pharmacy, whom does he see?
4. Arthur Lee agrees to Suzanne Blake's request after he does what?
5. Art Lee explains to John Berry that he had refused to perform an abortion on Karen Randall because __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why John wants to help Art Lee even though other doctors are willing to let him be a scapegoat for Karen's death.
2. During the first conversation between J.D. Randall and John Berry, what does the reader learn about Randall's attitude towards Art Lee?
3. How does J.D. Randall, Karen's father, first attempt to get John Berry to stop working on Art Lee's case?
4. Summarize the conversation that takes place between John and Ev outside of the Randall home.
5. Summarize how John Berry describes Boston City Hospital.
6. Why do the police arrest Art Lee?
7. While John Berry does his work in the pathology lab during the busiest part of the day, who calls him, and why?
8. According to John, autopsies are required to be performed under what circumstances?
9. Why is John surprised to see J.D. Randall performing open heart surgery?
10. Why does John take a sample of Karen's blood to Dr. Jim Murphy?
This section contains 1,123 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)