|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As John talks with people who had known Karen, what name starts to pop up?
2. After Mrs. McPherson dies during heart surgery, her surgeon says he does not know what?
(a) If he will lose his license to practice medicine.
(b) How to tell her four children.
(c) If she had been diagnosed correctly.
(d) How to explain this to his supervisor.
3. As John watches the autopsy conducted on Karen Randall, he discovers that her cause of death was systemic anaphylaxis, which is what?
(a) An allergic reaction.
(b) A sudden drop in blood pressure.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) A stroke.
4. What adjective does William Randall use to describe Karen Randall?
5. After Karen's autopsy, John pays a visit to Jim Murphy. Who is Jim?
(a) A pathologist specializing in murder cases.
(b) A detective specializing in hospital murder cases.
(c) A biochemist conducting research on steroids in pregnant women.
(d) A lung specialist conducting research on lung capacity in pregnant women.
Short Answer Questions
1. After J.D. Randall tries to bribe John Berry to get him to drop Art Lee's case, J.D. resorts to what?
2. Lewis Carr tells John that according to her stepmother, Karen had named Art Lee as __________.
3. What type of work does Dr. John Berry typically perform in the pathology lab?
4. Art Lee is arrested for the murder of Karen Randall, the daughter of __________.
5. Who calls Dr. John Berry during his busiest time in the pathology lab?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why John wants to help Art Lee even though other doctors are willing to let him be a scapegoat for Karen's death.
2. According to John, autopsies are required to be performed under what circumstances?
3. Why do the police arrest Art Lee?
4. Describe the connection between Suzanne Blake and Art Lee.
5. Why has George Bradford declined to take Art Lee's case?
6. Why does Roger Whiting come up with "miscarriage" as a diagnosis for Karen's condition?
7. During the first conversation between J.D. Randall and John Berry, what does the reader learn about Randall's attitude towards Art Lee?
8. Summarize the encounter between John Berry and Roger Whiting, the medical intern who had given Karen penicillin without first checking for allergies.
9. Summarize how John Berry describes Boston City Hospital.
10. While John Berry does his work in the pathology lab during the busiest part of the day, who calls him, and why?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)