|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even though Lewis Carr, clinical professor of medicine at Boston Memorial, declines to talk with John by phone, he does explain what?
(a) That Art used to be a well-respected doctor.
(b) That Karen's mother is threatening to sue the hospital.
(c) That Art had nothing to do with Karen.
(d) That Karen's autopsy is about to take place.
2. As John watches the autopsy conducted on Karen Randall, he discovers that her cause of death was systemic anaphylaxis, which is what?
(a) A stroke.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) An allergic reaction.
(d) A sudden drop in blood pressure.
3. When John Berry tells Arthur Lee that continuing to perform abortions is insane, Lee defends himself by saying what?
(a) It is often the humane answer.
(b) Women's lives are complicated.
(c) The police are in on it.
(d) Everyone in the hospital knows what he is doing.
4. Who has been switching tissue samples in the lab in order to help Art Lee?
5. Roger Whiting discovered that six months earlier, a full set of cranial X-rays had been taken of Karen. Who does he think ordered them?
(a) Peter Randall, her uncle and physician.
(b) Walter Randall, her brother and a medical intern.
(c) Jennifer Randall, her sister and nurse.
(d) J.D. Randall, her father and one of the chief surgeons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor performing the autopsy on Karen conclude about a possible abortion?
2. Art Lee explains to John Berry that he had refused to perform an abortion on Karen Randall because __________.
3. After meeting with Art in jail, John calls George Bradford and leaves a message. Who is Bradford?
4. After Mrs. McPherson dies during heart surgery, her surgeon says he does not know what?
5. Roger Whiting explains to John Berry that Karen Randall's most prominent symptom was what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Angela clean fingerprints off the chair and doorknob?
2. What does John tell Peter Randall when asked for his opinion about Karen's autopsy findings?
3. After Art Lee thanks John Berry for everything he has done to make him a free man, what does he say about his future plans?
4. What does Norton tell John is missing from Memorial Hospital?
5. Explain why other doctors let Dr. Frank Conway rant and rave after one of his patients dies.
6. What does John say to Dr. Weston about his role in the death of Roman?
7. After John helps Betty Lee board up the broken windows in her house and tends to her children's cuts, he calls attorney George Wilson. What do he and George agree to do?
8. John Berry compares his puzzlement over Art Lee's case with "the Peru case." What is the Peru case to which he refers?
9. Summarize John's encounter with Sam Archer.
10. When John goes to the radiology department at Memorial Hospital, what does the radiologist tell him?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)