|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John learn from Judith and Betty about George Bradford, Art's lawyer?
(a) He has just been hospitalized after an accident.
(b) He will not return their calls.
(c) He will not take the case.
(d) He is about to take a two-week vacation.
2. What type of work does Dr. John Berry typically perform in the pathology lab?
(a) He isolates viruses.
(b) He gives second opinions.
(c) He analyzes X-rays.
(d) He analyzes tissue samples.
3. Without being asked, William Randall makes sure that John Berry knows what?
(a) That he does not get along with J.D. Randall.
(b) That he is planning to move out of Boston.
(c) That he is planning to drop out of medical school.
(d) That he did not perform an abortion on Karen.
4. During Suzanne Blake's first trimester of pregnancy, what does she contract?
(b) Chicken Pox.
5. When John goes looking for Karen's chart, he learns that it is in the possession of whom?
(a) The police.
(b) The private investigator.
(c) Her stepmother.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. After meeting with Art in jail, John calls his wife, Judith, and asks her to do what?
2. Where does John Kerry have a meeting with William Randall?
3. The last time that William Randall saw Karen, she had talked Uncle Peter into doing what?
4. Roger Whiting explains to John Berry that Karen Randall's most prominent symptom was what?
5. After coming to the conclusion that Art Lee uses discernment and compassion in deciding whether or not to perform an abortion, John Berry begins doing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does being a doctor help John with his unofficial investigation of Karen's death?
2. Why does Roger Whiting come up with "miscarriage" as a diagnosis for Karen's condition?
3. Who is Mrs. McPherson, and what happens to her?
4. Why does John decline to help when he is asked if he wants to assist with Karen's autopsy?
5. What does John tell Peter Randall when asked for his opinion about Karen's autopsy findings?
6. Explain why other doctors let Dr. Frank Conway rant and rave after one of his patients dies.
7. Explain why John wants to help Art Lee even though other doctors are willing to let him be a scapegoat for Karen's death.
8. What key details does John learn about Karen from her roommate Ginnie?
9. Why does John take a sample of Karen's blood to Dr. Jim Murphy?
10. John Berry compares his puzzlement over Art Lee's case with "the Peru case." What is the Peru case to which he refers?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)