|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peter Randall explains to John that he had ordered head X-rays for Karen because she had been complaining of what?
(a) Hearing loss.
(b) Neck pain.
(c) Vision loss.
(d) Migraine headaches.
2. When John shares with Peter Randall that he feels Karen's autopsy shows she was not pregnant, what does Peter say?
(a) "You're lying."
(b) "That's very interesting."
(c) "You're kidding."
(d) "That's not possible."
3. Art Lee explains to John Berry that he had refused to perform an abortion on Karen Randall because __________.
(a) Her reasons for wanting one were frivolous.
(b) He thought it was a trap.
(c) He was afraid of her father.
(d) Her pregnancy was already four months along.
4. After coming to the conclusion that Art Lee uses discernment and compassion in deciding whether or not to perform an abortion, John Berry begins doing what?
(a) Avoiding Lee's supervisor.
(b) Sleeping better at night.
(c) Covering up lab evidence.
(d) Referring patients to Lee.
5. Arthur Lee agrees to Suzanne Blake's request after he does what?
(a) Has a lengthy conversation with his spiritual adviser.
(b) Spends a sleepless night debating what to do.
(c) Consults with his best friend, John Berry.
(d) Clears his schedule to make room for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. As John talks with people who had known Karen, what name starts to pop up?
2. Roger Whiting, the intern who tended to Karen Randall at the hospital, had come up with what diagnosis for her?
3. Who is Alan Zenner?
4. J.D. Randall questions John Berry's what?
5. When John talks to a radiologist named Hughes about Karen's head X-rays, what does he learn?
Short Essay Questions
1. While John Berry does his work in the pathology lab during the busiest part of the day, who calls him, and why?
2. When John goes to the radiology department at Memorial Hospital, what does the radiologist tell him?
3. What does John Berry say about Dr. Conway's manner of conducting autopsies?
4. Explain why John wants to help Art Lee even though other doctors are willing to let him be a scapegoat for Karen's death.
5. Summarize how John Berry describes Boston City Hospital.
6. Summarize John Berry's phone conversation with Dr. Sanderson, head of the pathology labs, following his unfruitful meeting with Art Lee's attorney.
7. Summarize the encounter between John Berry and Roger Whiting, the medical intern who had given Karen penicillin without first checking for allergies.
8. When John finally talks with Peter Randall directly, what key pieces of information does he learn?
9. Explain why other doctors let Dr. Frank Conway rant and rave after one of his patients dies.
10. When John Berry spends ten minutes with Art Lee after his arrest, what does Art explain about Karen Randall?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)