|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John meets with Dr. Peter Randall in his lab, what does he learn?
(a) J.D. is mad at John for talking with Ev.
(b) Ev is mad at John for talking with J.D.
(c) Karen had secretly married and divorced.
(d) Karen had secretly left the country for three months.
2. What do John Berry and Frank Conway discuss when John drives Frank to Children's Hospital?
(a) Karen Randall's chart.
(b) Lewis Carr's fear of authority.
(c) Jim Murphy's questionable character.
(d) J.D. Randall's personality and influence.
3. Where does John Kerry have a meeting with William Randall?
(a) At the public library.
(b) At the medical school dormitory.
(c) In the general hospital's cafeteria.
(d) In the coffee shop.
4. When John Berry gains access to Art Lee in jail, how much time is he given for their meeting?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Two minutes.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) Twenty minutes.
5. J.D. Randall questions John Berry's what?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Arthur Lee refuses Suzanne Blake's request, she says that she will do what?
2. What does John learn from Judith and Betty about George Bradford, Art's lawyer?
3. William Randall tells John Berry that at dinner, the family had teased Karen a bit about what?
4. Suzanne Blake seeks Arthur Lee because she wants him to do what?
5. What adjective does William Randall use to describe Karen Randall?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mrs. McPherson, and what happens to her?
2. What does John Berry say about Dr. Conway's manner of conducting autopsies?
3. When John goes to the radiology department at Memorial Hospital, what does the radiologist tell him?
4. What key details does John learn about Karen from her roommate Ginnie?
5. Describe the connection between Suzanne Blake and Art Lee.
6. Why do the police arrest Art Lee?
7. Why is John surprised to see J.D. Randall performing open heart surgery?
8. Explain why other doctors let Dr. Frank Conway rant and rave after one of his patients dies.
9. Why does John take a sample of Karen's blood to Dr. Jim Murphy?
10. Summarize John Berry's phone conversation with Dr. Sanderson, head of the pathology labs, following his unfruitful meeting with Art Lee's attorney.
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)