|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John Berry say that Frank Conway's theatrics are tolerated?
(a) His mortality rate is very low.
(b) He has suffered a terrible tragedy.
(c) The other doctors fear him.
(d) He is married to the hospital's president.
2. Why does Karen's roommate agree to answer John's questions?
(a) She thinks he is a lawyer.
(b) She is afraid of being arrested.
(c) She thinks he is a relative.
(d) She misses Karen terribly.
3. What adjective does William Randall use to describe Karen Randall?
4. Without being asked, William Randall makes sure that John Berry knows what?
(a) That he did not perform an abortion on Karen.
(b) That he is planning to drop out of medical school.
(c) That he is planning to move out of Boston.
(d) That he does not get along with J.D. Randall.
5. John offers several scenarios under which an autopsy would be performed. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons he presents?
(a) The patient dies within a day of arriving at the hospital.
(b) The patient is related to a hospital staff member.
(c) The patient is dead upon arrival at the hospital.
(d) The patient dies under violent or unusual circumstances.
Short Answer Questions
1. Art Lee explains to John Berry that he had refused to perform an abortion on Karen Randall because __________.
2. When John contacts the pharmacy to learn more about Karen's prescription, he learns that she was taking what?
3. The police sergeant allows John Berry in to see Dr. Lee after he mistakenly thinks what?
4. Roger Whiting tells John Berry that he had given Karen Randall penicillin __________.
5. After Karen's autopsy, John pays a visit to Jim Murphy. Who is Jim?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has George Bradford declined to take Art Lee's case?
2. While John Berry does his work in the pathology lab during the busiest part of the day, who calls him, and why?
3. How does J.D. Randall, Karen's father, first attempt to get John Berry to stop working on Art Lee's case?
4. Summarize John Berry's phone conversation with Dr. Sanderson, head of the pathology labs, following his unfruitful meeting with Art Lee's attorney.
5. How does J.D. Randall deflect pointed questions John Berry asks of him during their first conversation?
6. When John goes to the radiology department at Memorial Hospital, what does the radiologist tell him?
7. According to John, autopsies are required to be performed under what circumstances?
8. Why is John surprised to see J.D. Randall performing open heart surgery?
9. Summarize the conversation that takes place between John and Ev outside of the Randall home.
10. What does John tell Peter Randall when asked for his opinion about Karen's autopsy findings?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)