|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adjective does William Randall use to describe Karen Randall?
2. What example does John give of a disease that is often seen at Boston City Hospital but is practically nonexistent elsewhere?
3. During John Berry's first conversation with J.D. Randall, what does J.D. try to offer him?
(a) A ham sandwich.
(b) A better position at another facility.
(c) A weekend at his villa.
(d) A pay increase.
4. J.D. Randall questions John Berry's what?
5. Without being asked, William Randall makes sure that John Berry knows what?
(a) That he does not get along with J.D. Randall.
(b) That he is planning to drop out of medical school.
(c) That he is planning to move out of Boston.
(d) That he did not perform an abortion on Karen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jim Murphy agrees to John's request on what condition?
2. Who calls Dr. John Berry during his busiest time in the pathology lab?
3. Roger Whiting tells John Berry that he had given Karen Randall penicillin __________.
4. Arthur Lee agrees to Suzanne Blake's request after he does what?
5. When John contacts the pharmacy to learn more about Karen's prescription, he learns that she was taking what?
Short Essay Questions
1. John Berry compares his puzzlement over Art Lee's case with "the Peru case." What is the Peru case to which he refers?
2. Who is Mrs. McPherson, and what happens to her?
3. Why is John surprised to see J.D. Randall performing open heart surgery?
4. According to John, autopsies are required to be performed under what circumstances?
5. Why does Roger Whiting come up with "miscarriage" as a diagnosis for Karen's condition?
6. Describe the connection between Suzanne Blake and Art Lee.
7. When John goes to the radiology department at Memorial Hospital, what does the radiologist tell him?
8. Why do the police arrest Art Lee?
9. What does John tell Peter Randall when asked for his opinion about Karen's autopsy findings?
10. Summarize how John Berry describes Boston City Hospital.
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)