Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John contacts the pharmacy to learn more about Karen's prescription, he learns that she was taking what?
(b) A placebo.
(c) Blood pressure medicine.
(d) Pain relief medication.
2. Roger Whiting tells John Berry that he had given Karen Randall penicillin __________.
(a) Because her mother said she had no drug allergies.
(b) When he really meant to prescribe steroids instead.
(c) Without first consulting her medical charts.
(d) Because she had demanded it.
3. Lewis Carr tells John that according to her stepmother, Karen had named Art Lee as __________.
(a) The abortionist.
(b) The one who talked her out of an abortion.
(c) Her boyfriend.
(d) Her drug supplier.
4. J.D. Randall questions John Berry's what?
5. When John meets with Dr. Peter Randall in his lab, what does he learn?
(a) Karen had secretly married and divorced.
(b) Karen had secretly left the country for three months.
(c) J.D. is mad at John for talking with Ev.
(d) Ev is mad at John for talking with J.D.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alan Zenner tells John that Karen __________.
2. The person conducting Karen's autopsy determines that the source of her bleeding was what?
3. Why does Karen's roommate agree to answer John's questions?
4. William Randall tells John Berry that at dinner, the family had teased Karen a bit about what?
5. Who is William Harvey Shattuck Randall?
Short Essay Questions
1. When John goes to the radiology department at Memorial Hospital, what does the radiologist tell him?
2. Summarize the encounter between John Berry and Roger Whiting, the medical intern who had given Karen penicillin without first checking for allergies.
3. What challenges does George Wilson, Art Lee's new lawyer, face in trying to convince a jury of Art's innocence?
4. Why has George Bradford declined to take Art Lee's case?
5. What does John say to Norton when he finds him smoking marijuana at George Morris' place?
6. Summarize how John Berry describes Boston City Hospital.
7. What key details does John learn about Karen from her roommate Ginnie?
8. Why does Angela clean fingerprints off the chair and doorknob?
9. While John Berry does his work in the pathology lab during the busiest part of the day, who calls him, and why?
10. Why does John end up in the emergency room?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)