|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The person conducting Karen's autopsy determines that the source of her bleeding was what?
(a) A hole in her stomach.
(b) An abdominal stab wound.
(c) A hole in her uterus.
(d) A head wound sustained in a fall.
2. Peter Randall explains to John that he had ordered head X-rays for Karen because she had been complaining of what?
(a) Hearing loss.
(b) Migraine headaches.
(c) Neck pain.
(d) Vision loss.
3. After meeting with Art in jail, John calls George Bradford and leaves a message. Who is Bradford?
(a) Art's attorney.
(b) John's supervisor.
(c) John's attorney.
(d) Art's mentor.
4. Who has been switching tissue samples in the lab in order to help Art Lee?
5. John offers several scenarios under which an autopsy would be performed. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons he presents?
(a) The patient is dead upon arrival at the hospital.
(b) The patient is related to a hospital staff member.
(c) The patient dies within a day of arriving at the hospital.
(d) The patient dies under violent or unusual circumstances.
Short Answer Questions
1. In John's commentary on Boston City Hospital, he explains that the facility __________.
2. Roger Whiting tells John Berry that he had given Karen Randall penicillin __________.
3. When John calls Lewis Carr after meeting with the medical intern, what is Lewis' demeanor?
4. After coming to the conclusion that Art Lee uses discernment and compassion in deciding whether or not to perform an abortion, John Berry begins doing what?
5. What does John say in response to the Randall family's belief that Karen had paid Art Lee three hundred dollars for an abortion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why other doctors let Dr. Frank Conway rant and rave after one of his patients dies.
2. Why has George Bradford declined to take Art Lee's case?
3. Explain why John wants to help Art Lee even though other doctors are willing to let him be a scapegoat for Karen's death.
4. What are some of the major findings made during Karen Randall's autopsy?
5. What key details does John learn about Karen from her roommate Ginnie?
6. When John finally talks with Peter Randall directly, what key pieces of information does he learn?
7. When John Berry spends ten minutes with Art Lee after his arrest, what does Art explain about Karen Randall?
8. After Dr. John Berry learns that Dr. Art Lee has been arrested, he recalls talking with Art about what serious matter?
9. Why does John decline to help when he is asked if he wants to assist with Karen's autopsy?
10. Why is John surprised to see J.D. Randall performing open heart surgery?
This section contains 1,196 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)