|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Roger Whiting, the intern who tended to Karen Randall at the hospital, had come up with what diagnosis for her?
(d) Brain hemorrhage.
2. When John finds a regular bottle of prescription medicine in Karen's room, what does he do?
(a) He notices that it is penicillin and is baffled.
(b) He throws the bottle away to discard evidence.
(c) He searches for other medications.
(d) He writes down the prescription number and takes a pill with him.
3. When John goes to Smith College to investigate more about Karen, he speaks with Karen's roommate. What is her name?
4. When John Berry gains access to Art Lee in jail, how much time is he given for their meeting?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(b) Ten minutes.
(c) Twenty minutes.
(d) Two minutes.
5. What does the doctor performing the autopsy on Karen conclude about a possible abortion?
(a) No abortion took place.
(b) Karen did not attempt self-abortion.
(c) Karen had had many abortions.
(d) Karen died from a poorly-performed abortion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John want to talk with Alan Zenner?
2. As John watches the autopsy conducted on Karen Randall, he discovers that her cause of death was systemic anaphylaxis, which is what?
3. As Jack Hendricks prepares to do an autopsy on Karen Randall, who arrives and performs the procedure instead?
4. In John's commentary on Boston City Hospital, he explains that the facility __________.
5. Suzanne Blake seeks Arthur Lee because she wants him to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does John take a sample of Karen's blood to Dr. Jim Murphy?
2. Explain why other doctors let Dr. Frank Conway rant and rave after one of his patients dies.
3. Who is Alan Zenner, and why does John talk with him?
4. What key details does John learn about Karen from her roommate Ginnie?
5. How does being a doctor help John with his unofficial investigation of Karen's death?
6. After Dr. John Berry learns that Dr. Art Lee has been arrested, he recalls talking with Art about what serious matter?
7. John Berry compares his puzzlement over Art Lee's case with "the Peru case." What is the Peru case to which he refers?
8. Summarize the conversation that takes place between John and Ev outside of the Randall home.
9. Why does Roger Whiting come up with "miscarriage" as a diagnosis for Karen's condition?
10. According to John, autopsies are required to be performed under what circumstances?
This section contains 1,182 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)