|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As John is being wheeled into an emergency room, he is told what?
(a) His jaw might be broken.
(b) His foot might be broken.
(c) His nose is broken.
(d) His wrist is broken.
2. How does John describe Norton Francis Hammond?
(a) A narcissistic drama king.
(b) One of the best attorneys in all of Boston.
(c) The hope of the future of medicine.
(d) Someone who can never be trusted.
3. George Wilson explains that as an African-American defending an Asian-American abortionist in that particular era in front of a white jury, he faces what big challenge?
(a) Keeping Art alive.
(b) Overcoming stereotypes.
(c) Keeping his family safe.
(d) Supressing his own disdain.
4. George Wilson explains that a second viable approach is to do what?
(a) Present sensitive information about the Randalls in court.
(b) Bring in dozens of witnesses who support and respect Art.
(c) Make jurors feel like idiots if they do not see that Art is innocent.
(d) Bring Art's family into the courtroom to win the jury's sympathy.
5. When a reporter arrives at the Lee household, John makes it a point to talk about what?
(a) How much the Lees love their children.
(b) How well-respected the Lees are in the community.
(c) How frightening their nextdoor neighbor is.
(d) How long it had taken for the police to arrive.
6. J.D. Randall and Peter Randall do not realize that they are being watched and that __________.
(a) John has called the police over.
(b) George is taking pictures of their actions.
(c) George is taking careful notes of the unfolding events.
(d) John is texting his wife about what the Randalls are doing.
7. John meets with attorney George Wilson in a bar run by a former what?
(a) Rock star.
(c) Country music legend.
(d) Football player.
8. When John talks to Roman Jones, he is accused of being what?
(a) An IRS agent.
(b) A spy.
(c) A drug dealer.
(d) A cop.
9. How does John locate Sam Archer?
(a) Through the phone book.
(b) By checking his medical records.
(c) Through the Internet.
(d) By asking Norton about him.
10. John recalls that Peter had called his niece Karen what?
(a) A sad girl suffering from multiple personality disorder.
(b) An hysterical young girl.
(c) A conniving, manipulative woman.
(d) An out-of-control train wreck.
11. What does Angela Harding confess to John Berry?
(a) She is in love with Roman Jones.
(b) She had attacked Karen with a chair.
(c) She is in love with Peter Randall.
(d) She had performed Karen's abortion.
12. When John reaches the Lee household, what does he find in their front yard?
(a) A smoldering cross.
(b) A dead cat.
(c) Signs with derogatory words.
(d) An assortment of flowers.
13. What does Fritz reveal to John about Ev Randall?
(a) She had had an abortion through Art.
(b) She hates Art with all her might.
(c) Fritz was once married to her.
(d) She and Fritz had an affair.
14. At Sam's place, John learns that Bubbles is with whom?
(a) Norton Hammond.
(b) Michael Arthur.
(c) Regina Arnold.
(d) Angela Harding.
15. Who is Norton Francis Hammond?
(a) An excellent doctor and somewhat of a rebel.
(b) An outstanding attorney who dislikes John.
(c) A rebellious attorney who wins few cases.
(d) A mediocre doctor disliked by many.
Short Answer Questions
1. When John checks with Memorial Hospital about Karen's autopsy results, he learns that the official findings are that she died of a reaction from penicillin and complications from what?
2. In the presence of the reporter, what does John demand for the Lee family?
3. Why is Angela Harding admitted to the hospital?
4. Who is George Morris?
5. Fritz Werner explains that he ___________.
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)