|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does Norton give John about the pharmacy at Memorial Hospital?
(a) A pharmacist was robbed at gunpoint.
(b) A large quantity of morphine was missing.
(c) A fire had destroyed a large supply of drugs.
(d) One of the pharmacists was recently fired.
2. John learns that Peter is having an affair with whom?
(a) Betty Lee.
(b) Ev Randall.
(c) Angela Harding.
(d) Judith Berry.
3. George Wilson explains that as an African-American defending an Asian-American abortionist in that particular era in front of a white jury, he faces what big challenge?
(a) Keeping Art alive.
(b) Keeping his family safe.
(c) Supressing his own disdain.
(d) Overcoming stereotypes.
4. John sorts through the Lee's hate mail and finds what?
(a) A threatening letter from the hospital.
(b) Seven letters of support.
(c) One letter of support.
(d) A threatening letter from police.
5. After pediatrician Charlie Frank tells John that rumor has it that he is involved in abortions, what else does he say?
(a) John should watch his back.
(b) John should move to another city.
(c) John should stay away from the situation.
(d) John should be ashamed of himself.
6. J.D. Randall and Peter Randall do not realize that they are being watched and that __________.
(a) George is taking pictures of their actions.
(b) George is taking careful notes of the unfolding events.
(c) John is texting his wife about what the Randalls are doing.
(d) John has called the police over.
7. When John defends Peter Randall, Dr. Sanderson believes that perhaps John is what?
(a) Stupid and naive.
(b) High on drugs.
(c) Under too much stress.
(d) Using cloudy judgment.
8. Peter suspected that Karen might have a problem with what?
(a) Setting boundaries.
(b) Her adrenal gland.
(c) Multiple personalities.
(d) Her pituitary gland.
9. John meets with attorney George Wilson in a bar run by a former what?
(b) Country music legend.
(c) Football player.
(d) Rock star.
10. When John goes to Fritz Werner's office, Fritz says that Karen was what?
(b) Mean and disturbed.
(c) Gentle and misunderstood.
11. After Judith goes home, why does John stay behind at the Lee residence?
(a) To protect the Lee family.
(b) To prepare dinner and read to the children.
(c) To board up windows and tend to the children's cuts.
(d) To talk to more reporters.
12. What does John learn from Murphy about the results of blood tests done on Karen?
(a) She had a rare liver disease.
(b) She was an alcoholic.
(c) She had AIDS.
(d) She was not pregnant.
13. Who is George Morris?
(a) Chief police investigator.
(b) Chief resident of medicine.
(c) Top-notch attorney.
(d) Well-respected pediatrician.
14. Why did Peter refuse to perform another abortion on Karen?
(a) He decided she would be left with too much internal scarring.
(b) She was too far along in her pregnancy.
(c) He was angry with her.
(d) He concluded that she really wanted the shame of an illegitimate birth.
15. George Wilson explains that a second viable approach is to do what?
(a) Present sensitive information about the Randalls in court.
(b) Make jurors feel like idiots if they do not see that Art is innocent.
(c) Bring Art's family into the courtroom to win the jury's sympathy.
(d) Bring in dozens of witnesses who support and respect Art.
Short Answer Questions
1. When John goes home and talks with his wife on the phone, she tells him to do what?
2. John tries to call Sam but discovers what?
3. Whenever John mentions Karen, Sam Archer says that she was __________.
4. Karen had known Roman Jones, a member of which musical group?
5. At the hospital, John tests Roman Jones' blood and determines what?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)