|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the hospital, John tests Roman Jones' blood and determines what?
(a) That he had been poisoned.
(b) That he was high on heroin.
(c) That he has a rare blood disease.
(d) That he was high on morphine.
2. When John goes to Mallory Lab to talk to Dr. Weston about Karen's autopsy results, what does Weston do?
(a) He explains that he is not allowed to discuss the results.
(b) He shows John all the postmortem examination slides.
(c) He tells John that the results are none of his business.
(d) He threatens to call the police.
3. What does John learn from Murphy about the results of blood tests done on Karen?
(a) She was not pregnant.
(b) She was an alcoholic.
(c) She had AIDS.
(d) She had a rare liver disease.
4. What does John say about doctors who drink large quantities of alcohol?
(a) Most do not act drunk.
(b) They reveal confidential information about patients.
(c) Most sound smarter.
(d) They get sleepy.
5. After John thinks about shifting the blame for Karen's death to Peter and away from Art, what does he do?
(a) Gets himself drunk.
(b) Laughs at his stupidity.
(c) Questions his motives.
(d) Finds the idea repulsive.
6. John Berry and Dr. Sanderson are well aware that as a result of Art's case, both of them could what?
(a) Be implicated.
(b) Be killed.
(c) Have to leave the country.
(d) Have to testify against each other.
7. John tries to call Sam but discovers what?
(a) That Sam works the night shift.
(b) That Sam has moved to another neighborhood.
(c) That Sam does not speak English.
(d) That Sam's phone has been disconnected.
8. After pediatrician Charlie Frank tells John that rumor has it that he is involved in abortions, what else does he say?
(a) John should watch his back.
(b) John should be ashamed of himself.
(c) John should move to another city.
(d) John should stay away from the situation.
9. George Wilson explains that as an African-American defending an Asian-American abortionist in that particular era in front of a white jury, he faces what big challenge?
(a) Supressing his own disdain.
(b) Keeping Art alive.
(c) Overcoming stereotypes.
(d) Keeping his family safe.
10. In the presence of the reporter, what does John demand for the Lee family?
(a) An apology.
(b) Financial remuneration.
(c) Police protection.
(d) A new house.
11. When Signe, J.D. Randall's mistress, left the country, what happened to Karen?
(a) She was neglected by J.D.
(b) Her boyfriend left her.
(c) Her behavior deteriorated.
(d) She was blamed for Signe's departure.
12. When a reporter arrives at the Lee household, John makes it a point to talk about what?
(a) How frightening their nextdoor neighbor is.
(b) How well-respected the Lees are in the community.
(c) How long it had taken for the police to arrive.
(d) How much the Lees love their children.
13. Who is George Morris?
(a) Chief police investigator.
(b) Well-respected pediatrician.
(c) Chief resident of medicine.
(d) Top-notch attorney.
14. Both John and George Wilson realize that even if Karen was not pregnant, this is not enough to do what?
(a) Frame Peter.
(b) Free Art.
(c) Blackmail J.D.
(d) Show she was crazy.
15. When talking with John, what information does Fritz confirm?
(a) Karen had attempted suicide at least five times.
(b) Nobody took Karen seriously anymore.
(c) Peter Randall thought his niece was possessed.
(d) Peter Randall had performed at least two abortions on Karen.
Short Answer Questions
1. J.D. Randall and Peter Randall do not realize that they are being watched and that __________.
2. As John plans his strategy for Thursday, he gets a phone call from whom?
3. What happens to John when he tries to follow Roman Jones?
4. Peter suspected that Karen might have a problem with what?
5. Whenever John mentions Karen, Sam Archer says that she was __________.
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)