|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a reporter arrives at the Lee household, John makes it a point to talk about what?
(a) How much the Lees love their children.
(b) How long it had taken for the police to arrive.
(c) How frightening their nextdoor neighbor is.
(d) How well-respected the Lees are in the community.
2. What does Fritz reveal to John about Ev Randall?
(a) Fritz was once married to her.
(b) She had had an abortion through Art.
(c) She hates Art with all her might.
(d) She and Fritz had an affair.
3. What is happening outside of the Lee's home?
(a) A candlelight vigil.
(b) A prayer service.
(c) A demonstration.
(d) A fundraiser.
4. At the gathering at George Morris' home, Judith wishes that there was less medical jargon and more __________.
(a) Vegetarian food.
(b) Talk of politics.
(c) Drinks and appetizers.
(d) Friendly conversation.
5. Why do Judith and John go to George Morris' house?
(a) For a baby shower.
(b) For a birthday celebration.
(c) For a mandatory monthly meeting.
(d) For a dinner party.
6. John recalls that Peter had called his niece Karen what?
(a) A conniving, manipulative woman.
(b) A sad girl suffering from multiple personality disorder.
(c) An hysterical young girl.
(d) An out-of-control train wreck.
7. When John and George arrive at the Randall residence, what are they surprised to see out front?
(a) Police officers.
(b) Peter's car.
(c) Karen's car.
(d) Members of the KKK.
8. When John finds Sam Archer, Sam is in what condition?
(a) Deathly ill.
(b) Depressed and broken-hearted.
(c) High on acid.
(d) Scared out of his mind.
9. George Wilson says that the only other way to free Art is to find the real abortionist, but ___________.
(a) Jurors could still ignore the evidence and accuse Art.
(b) This person could convince the court he or she is innocent.
(c) It is very possible that Art is the real abortionist.
(d) This person will be difficult to find in time for the trial.
10. Karen had known Roman Jones, a member of which musical group?
(a) The Zebras.
(b) The Zeniths.
(c) The Zoomers.
(d) The Zephyrs.
11. Whenever John mentions Karen, Sam Archer says that she was __________.
12. After talking with Dr. Sanderson, John learns that Peter Randall __________.
(a) Has lost his license to practice medicine.
(b) Is a drug addict.
(c) Performs abortions.
(d) Has had an affair with Art's wife.
13. George Wilson suggests that one alternative in order to free Art is to take sensitive information to the Randall family and try to do what?
(a) Run them out of town.
(b) Shame them into becoming hermits for a while.
(c) Persuade the family to drop the case.
(d) Press charges against them.
14. John Berry and Dr. Sanderson are well aware that as a result of Art's case, both of them could what?
(a) Be killed.
(b) Be implicated.
(c) Have to leave the country.
(d) Have to testify against each other.
15. After John thinks about shifting the blame for Karen's death to Peter and away from Art, what does he do?
(a) Questions his motives.
(b) Finds the idea repulsive.
(c) Laughs at his stupidity.
(d) Gets himself drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. When John checks with Memorial Hospital about Karen's autopsy results, he learns that the official findings are that she died of a reaction from penicillin and complications from what?
2. What does John say about doctors who drink large quantities of alcohol?
3. George Wilson explains that a second viable approach is to do what?
4. Who is Norton Francis Hammond?
5. After Judith goes home, why does John stay behind at the Lee residence?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)