|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The new attorney who has taken on Art's case is George __________.
2. Without being noticed, John and George follow J.D. Randall and Peter Randall and watch them do what?
(a) Pour gas in Peter's car and push it over a cliff.
(b) Take part in a drug deal.
(c) Hide Peter's car in a densely forested area.
(d) Get into a fist fight.
3. As John plans his strategy for Thursday, he gets a phone call from whom?
(a) J.D. Randall.
(b) Betty Lee.
(c) Peter Randall.
(d) Angela Harding.
4. George Wilson explains that as an African-American defending an Asian-American abortionist in that particular era in front of a white jury, he faces what big challenge?
(a) Keeping his family safe.
(b) Supressing his own disdain.
(c) Keeping Art alive.
(d) Overcoming stereotypes.
5. Peter suspected that Karen might have a problem with what?
(a) Setting boundaries.
(b) Her pituitary gland.
(c) Her adrenal gland.
(d) Multiple personalities.
6. When John reaches the Lee household, what does he find in their front yard?
(a) A dead cat.
(b) Signs with derogatory words.
(c) A smoldering cross.
(d) An assortment of flowers.
7. What is Norton Hammond doing when John finds him talking with Judith?
(a) Eating pizza.
(b) Hiding from his boss.
(c) Drawing doodles in his notebook.
(d) Smoking marijuana.
8. Fritz Werner explains that he ___________.
(a) Had already performed an abortion on Karen.
(b) Is terribly afraid of Karen's father.
(c) Always believed that Karen was psychotic.
(d) Refused to take Karen on as a patient.
9. John Berry and Dr. Sanderson are well aware that as a result of Art's case, both of them could what?
(a) Have to testify against each other.
(b) Be killed.
(c) Have to leave the country.
(d) Be implicated.
10. After John thinks about shifting the blame for Karen's death to Peter and away from Art, what does he do?
(a) Questions his motives.
(b) Gets himself drunk.
(c) Laughs at his stupidity.
(d) Finds the idea repulsive.
11. How does John describe Norton Francis Hammond?
(a) Someone who can never be trusted.
(b) A narcissistic drama king.
(c) One of the best attorneys in all of Boston.
(d) The hope of the future of medicine.
12. In the presence of the reporter, what does John demand for the Lee family?
(a) A new house.
(b) Financial remuneration.
(c) Police protection.
(d) An apology.
13. As John talks with Angela, it becomes very clear that she is what?
(a) A school teacher.
(b) A drug addict.
(c) A jewel thief.
(d) A police informant.
14. Who supposedly lives with Sam Archer?
15. John sorts through the Lee's hate mail and finds what?
(a) Seven letters of support.
(b) A threatening letter from police.
(c) One letter of support.
(d) A threatening letter from the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. After talking with Dr. Sanderson, John learns that Peter Randall __________.
2. John learns that Peter is having an affair with whom?
3. Who is Norton Francis Hammond?
4. When John and George arrive at the Randall residence, what are they surprised to see out front?
5. What does Angela Harding confess to John Berry?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)