|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John goes to Fritz Werner's office, Fritz says that Karen was what?
(a) Mean and disturbed.
(c) Gentle and misunderstood.
2. J.D. Randall and Peter Randall do not realize that they are being watched and that __________.
(a) John is texting his wife about what the Randalls are doing.
(b) George is taking pictures of their actions.
(c) John has called the police over.
(d) George is taking careful notes of the unfolding events.
3. After talking with Dr. Sanderson, John learns that Peter Randall __________.
(a) Performs abortions.
(b) Has lost his license to practice medicine.
(c) Has had an affair with Art's wife.
(d) Is a drug addict.
4. Before leaving his house and heading over to the Lee residence, what does John do?
(a) He calls the Boston Globe.
(b) He packs a lunch.
(c) He calls his mother.
(d) He packs a gun.
5. Why is Angela Harding admitted to the hospital?
(a) She has advanced pneumonia.
(b) She has been attacked by a mugger.
(c) She has advanced cancer.
(d) She has tried to kill herself.
6. What is happening outside of the Lee's home?
(a) A candlelight vigil.
(b) A fundraiser.
(c) A demonstration.
(d) A prayer service.
7. What information does Norton give John about the pharmacy at Memorial Hospital?
(a) A pharmacist was robbed at gunpoint.
(b) One of the pharmacists was recently fired.
(c) A large quantity of morphine was missing.
(d) A fire had destroyed a large supply of drugs.
8. What does Angela Harding confess to John Berry?
(a) She had performed Karen's abortion.
(b) She had attacked Karen with a chair.
(c) She is in love with Roman Jones.
(d) She is in love with Peter Randall.
9. When John meets with Angela Harding, what does she say about Karen?
(a) She has never heard of her.
(b) Karen had stolen her purse.
(c) Karen had stolen her car.
(d) She has not seen her in months.
10. When John defends Peter Randall, Dr. Sanderson believes that perhaps John is what?
(a) High on drugs.
(b) Stupid and naive.
(c) Using cloudy judgment.
(d) Under too much stress.
11. George Wilson says that the only other way to free Art is to find the real abortionist, but ___________.
(a) This person will be difficult to find in time for the trial.
(b) This person could convince the court he or she is innocent.
(c) Jurors could still ignore the evidence and accuse Art.
(d) It is very possible that Art is the real abortionist.
12. John concludes that Karen had a problem with what?
(a) Her Thyroid.
(b) Her Hypothalamus.
(c) Her Epiglottis.
(d) Her Pineal gland.
13. How does John describe Norton Francis Hammond?
(a) One of the best attorneys in all of Boston.
(b) Someone who can never be trusted.
(c) The hope of the future of medicine.
(d) A narcissistic drama king.
14. As John is being wheeled into an emergency room, he is told what?
(a) His jaw might be broken.
(b) His foot might be broken.
(c) His nose is broken.
(d) His wrist is broken.
15. When John goes to Mallory Lab to talk to Dr. Weston about Karen's autopsy results, what does Weston do?
(a) He tells John that the results are none of his business.
(b) He threatens to call the police.
(c) He explains that he is not allowed to discuss the results.
(d) He shows John all the postmortem examination slides.
Short Answer Questions
1. John tries to call Sam but discovers what?
2. When John talks to Roman Jones, he is accused of being what?
3. After Judith goes home, why does John stay behind at the Lee residence?
4. Why does Ev Randall name Art as the abortionist who messed up Karen's procedure?
5. Whenever John mentions Karen, Sam Archer says that she was __________.
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)