|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Without being noticed, John and George follow J.D. Randall and Peter Randall and watch them do what?
(a) Take part in a drug deal.
(b) Pour gas in Peter's car and push it over a cliff.
(c) Get into a fist fight.
(d) Hide Peter's car in a densely forested area.
2. When a reporter arrives at the Lee household, John makes it a point to talk about what?
(a) How well-respected the Lees are in the community.
(b) How frightening their nextdoor neighbor is.
(c) How much the Lees love their children.
(d) How long it had taken for the police to arrive.
3. At Sam's place, John learns that Bubbles is with whom?
(a) Regina Arnold.
(b) Angela Harding.
(c) Norton Hammond.
(d) Michael Arthur.
4. What is happening outside of the Lee's home?
(a) A candlelight vigil.
(b) A fundraiser.
(c) A demonstration.
(d) A prayer service.
5. Who is Fritz Werner?
(a) A psychiatrist who might be able to help John.
(b) One of Karen's old boyfriends.
(c) J.D. Randall's closest friend and ally.
(d) Judith's boss and mentor.
6. When talking with John, what information does Fritz confirm?
(a) Peter Randall thought his niece was possessed.
(b) Karen had attempted suicide at least five times.
(c) Nobody took Karen seriously anymore.
(d) Peter Randall had performed at least two abortions on Karen.
7. As John recovers in the hospital, Roman Jones is brought in with what?
(a) A deep puncture wound.
(b) Second-degree burns.
(c) Multiple gunshot wounds.
(d) A serious head injury.
8. Peter explains to John that even though he has an alibi, he __________.
(a) Could go to jail.
(b) Plans to leave the country.
(c) Does not think he needs one.
(d) Cannot use it.
9. How many abortions did Peter perform on Karen?
10. What is Norton Hammond doing when John finds him talking with Judith?
(a) Drawing doodles in his notebook.
(b) Eating pizza.
(c) Hiding from his boss.
(d) Smoking marijuana.
11. When John talks to Roman Jones, he is accused of being what?
(a) A drug dealer.
(b) A cop.
(c) A spy.
(d) An IRS agent.
12. When John goes to Fritz Werner's office, Fritz says that Karen was what?
(b) Mean and disturbed.
(c) Gentle and misunderstood.
13. How does John describe Norton Francis Hammond?
(a) The hope of the future of medicine.
(b) Someone who can never be trusted.
(c) One of the best attorneys in all of Boston.
(d) A narcissistic drama king.
14. John sorts through the Lee's hate mail and finds what?
(a) A threatening letter from the hospital.
(b) Seven letters of support.
(c) One letter of support.
(d) A threatening letter from police.
15. When John defends Peter Randall, Dr. Sanderson believes that perhaps John is what?
(a) High on drugs.
(b) Under too much stress.
(c) Stupid and naive.
(d) Using cloudy judgment.
Short Answer Questions
1. As John plans his strategy for Thursday, he gets a phone call from whom?
2. John Berry and Dr. Sanderson are well aware that as a result of Art's case, both of them could what?
3. How does John locate Sam Archer?
4. Who is George Morris?
5. John concludes that Karen had a problem with what?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)