|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As John talks with Angela, it becomes very clear that she is what?
(a) A police informant.
(b) A drug addict.
(c) A jewel thief.
(d) A school teacher.
2. John learns that Peter is having an affair with whom?
(a) Angela Harding.
(b) Ev Randall.
(c) Judith Berry.
(d) Betty Lee.
3. Both John and George Wilson realize that even if Karen was not pregnant, this is not enough to do what?
(a) Blackmail J.D.
(b) Frame Peter.
(c) Free Art.
(d) Show she was crazy.
4. Why did Peter refuse to perform another abortion on Karen?
(a) He was angry with her.
(b) He decided she would be left with too much internal scarring.
(c) He concluded that she really wanted the shame of an illegitimate birth.
(d) She was too far along in her pregnancy.
5. Before leaving his house and heading over to the Lee residence, what does John do?
(a) He packs a lunch.
(b) He calls the Boston Globe.
(c) He calls his mother.
(d) He packs a gun.
6. After pediatrician Charlie Frank tells John that rumor has it that he is involved in abortions, what else does he say?
(a) John should watch his back.
(b) John should move to another city.
(c) John should be ashamed of himself.
(d) John should stay away from the situation.
7. In the presence of the reporter, what does John demand for the Lee family?
(a) A new house.
(b) Financial remuneration.
(c) Police protection.
(d) An apology.
8. Who is Norton Francis Hammond?
(a) A mediocre doctor disliked by many.
(b) An excellent doctor and somewhat of a rebel.
(c) A rebellious attorney who wins few cases.
(d) An outstanding attorney who dislikes John.
9. As John plans his strategy for Thursday, he gets a phone call from whom?
(a) J.D. Randall.
(b) Peter Randall.
(c) Betty Lee.
(d) Angela Harding.
10. At the hospital, John tests Roman Jones' blood and determines what?
(a) That he was high on heroin.
(b) That he has a rare blood disease.
(c) That he was high on morphine.
(d) That he had been poisoned.
11. J.D. Randall and Peter Randall do not realize that they are being watched and that __________.
(a) John has called the police over.
(b) John is texting his wife about what the Randalls are doing.
(c) George is taking careful notes of the unfolding events.
(d) George is taking pictures of their actions.
12. At the gathering at George Morris' home, Judith wishes that there was less medical jargon and more __________.
(a) Drinks and appetizers.
(b) Vegetarian food.
(c) Friendly conversation.
(d) Talk of politics.
13. John meets with attorney George Wilson in a bar run by a former what?
(a) Country music legend.
(b) Rock star.
(c) Football player.
14. As John is being wheeled into an emergency room, he is told what?
(a) His foot might be broken.
(b) His wrist is broken.
(c) His jaw might be broken.
(d) His nose is broken.
15. What does Fritz reveal to John about Ev Randall?
(a) She hates Art with all her might.
(b) Fritz was once married to her.
(c) She and Fritz had an affair.
(d) She had had an abortion through Art.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a reporter arrives at the Lee household, John makes it a point to talk about what?
2. What is Norton Hammond doing when John finds him talking with Judith?
3. John sorts through the Lee's hate mail and finds what?
4. After Judith goes home, why does John stay behind at the Lee residence?
5. When Signe, J.D. Randall's mistress, left the country, what happened to Karen?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)