|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Without being noticed, John and George follow J.D. Randall and Peter Randall and watch them do what?
(a) Get into a fist fight.
(b) Hide Peter's car in a densely forested area.
(c) Pour gas in Peter's car and push it over a cliff.
(d) Take part in a drug deal.
2. Why did Peter refuse to perform another abortion on Karen?
(a) He concluded that she really wanted the shame of an illegitimate birth.
(b) He was angry with her.
(c) He decided she would be left with too much internal scarring.
(d) She was too far along in her pregnancy.
3. How does John describe Norton Francis Hammond?
(a) One of the best attorneys in all of Boston.
(b) A narcissistic drama king.
(c) The hope of the future of medicine.
(d) Someone who can never be trusted.
4. What is happening outside of the Lee's home?
(a) A candlelight vigil.
(b) A demonstration.
(c) A prayer service.
(d) A fundraiser.
5. What happens to John when he tries to follow Roman Jones?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is knocked unconscious.
(c) He is kidnapped.
(d) He is hit by a car.
6. Why does Ev Randall name Art as the abortionist who messed up Karen's procedure?
(a) She was afraid Fritz would be accused.
(b) She wanted revenge against Art.
(c) She was afraid Peter would be accused.
(d) She wanted revenge against Betty.
7. George Wilson suggests that one alternative in order to free Art is to take sensitive information to the Randall family and try to do what?
(a) Shame them into becoming hermits for a while.
(b) Run them out of town.
(c) Press charges against them.
(d) Persuade the family to drop the case.
8. When John talks to Roman Jones, he is accused of being what?
(a) An IRS agent.
(b) A spy.
(c) A cop.
(d) A drug dealer.
9. Peter suspected that Karen might have a problem with what?
(a) Her pituitary gland.
(b) Her adrenal gland.
(c) Setting boundaries.
(d) Multiple personalities.
10. John learns that Peter is having an affair with whom?
(a) Ev Randall.
(b) Betty Lee.
(c) Judith Berry.
(d) Angela Harding.
11. As John is being wheeled into an emergency room, he is told what?
(a) His wrist is broken.
(b) His foot might be broken.
(c) His nose is broken.
(d) His jaw might be broken.
12. The new attorney who has taken on Art's case is George __________.
13. Norton tells John that it would be interesting if what happened at the pharmacy was related to what?
(a) Karen's death.
(b) Art's arrest.
(c) John's investigation.
(d) J.D. Randall's actions.
14. Who is Fritz Werner?
(a) One of Karen's old boyfriends.
(b) Judith's boss and mentor.
(c) J.D. Randall's closest friend and ally.
(d) A psychiatrist who might be able to help John.
15. John recalls that Peter had called his niece Karen what?
(a) An out-of-control train wreck.
(b) An hysterical young girl.
(c) A sad girl suffering from multiple personality disorder.
(d) A conniving, manipulative woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. When John goes to Mallory Lab to talk to Dr. Weston about Karen's autopsy results, what does Weston do?
2. What does Angela Harding confess to John Berry?
3. Why is Angela Harding admitted to the hospital?
4. What does John learn from Murphy about the results of blood tests done on Karen?
5. Peter explains to John that even though he has an alibi, he __________.
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)