|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the presence of the reporter, what does John demand for the Lee family?
(a) Police protection.
(b) A new house.
(c) An apology.
(d) Financial remuneration.
2. Before leaving his house and heading over to the Lee residence, what does John do?
(a) He calls his mother.
(b) He packs a lunch.
(c) He packs a gun.
(d) He calls the Boston Globe.
3. John learns that Peter is having an affair with whom?
(a) Betty Lee.
(b) Judith Berry.
(c) Angela Harding.
(d) Ev Randall.
4. Who is Fritz Werner?
(a) Judith's boss and mentor.
(b) One of Karen's old boyfriends.
(c) J.D. Randall's closest friend and ally.
(d) A psychiatrist who might be able to help John.
5. What happens to John when he tries to follow Roman Jones?
(a) He is knocked unconscious.
(b) He is kidnapped.
(c) He is hit by a car.
(d) He is shot.
6. At the hospital, John tests Roman Jones' blood and determines what?
(a) That he was high on heroin.
(b) That he has a rare blood disease.
(c) That he was high on morphine.
(d) That he had been poisoned.
7. J.D. Randall and Peter Randall do not realize that they are being watched and that __________.
(a) George is taking pictures of their actions.
(b) John has called the police over.
(c) John is texting his wife about what the Randalls are doing.
(d) George is taking careful notes of the unfolding events.
8. John tries to call Sam but discovers what?
(a) That Sam's phone has been disconnected.
(b) That Sam does not speak English.
(c) That Sam has moved to another neighborhood.
(d) That Sam works the night shift.
9. George Wilson explains that a second viable approach is to do what?
(a) Make jurors feel like idiots if they do not see that Art is innocent.
(b) Bring in dozens of witnesses who support and respect Art.
(c) Bring Art's family into the courtroom to win the jury's sympathy.
(d) Present sensitive information about the Randalls in court.
10. As John plans his strategy for Thursday, he gets a phone call from whom?
(a) Peter Randall.
(b) J.D. Randall.
(c) Angela Harding.
(d) Betty Lee.
11. The new attorney who has taken on Art's case is George __________.
12. When John defends Peter Randall, Dr. Sanderson believes that perhaps John is what?
(a) Under too much stress.
(b) Stupid and naive.
(c) High on drugs.
(d) Using cloudy judgment.
13. When Signe, J.D. Randall's mistress, left the country, what happened to Karen?
(a) Her boyfriend left her.
(b) Her behavior deteriorated.
(c) She was blamed for Signe's departure.
(d) She was neglected by J.D.
14. Why does Ev Randall name Art as the abortionist who messed up Karen's procedure?
(a) She was afraid Fritz would be accused.
(b) She wanted revenge against Art.
(c) She wanted revenge against Betty.
(d) She was afraid Peter would be accused.
15. How does John describe Norton Francis Hammond?
(a) One of the best attorneys in all of Boston.
(b) A narcissistic drama king.
(c) The hope of the future of medicine.
(d) Someone who can never be trusted.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a reporter arrives at the Lee household, John makes it a point to talk about what?
2. Who is George Morris?
3. John recalls that Peter had called his niece Karen what?
4. George Wilson says that the only other way to free Art is to find the real abortionist, but ___________.
5. When John checks with Memorial Hospital about Karen's autopsy results, he learns that the official findings are that she died of a reaction from penicillin and complications from what?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)