|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John goes home and talks with his wife on the phone, she tells him to do what?
(a) Call Betty Lee and console her.
(b) Take coloring books to the Lee children.
(c) Bring dinner to the Lee household.
(d) Go to the Lee house right away.
2. When John defends Peter Randall, Dr. Sanderson believes that perhaps John is what?
(a) High on drugs.
(b) Using cloudy judgment.
(c) Stupid and naive.
(d) Under too much stress.
3. When Signe, J.D. Randall's mistress, left the country, what happened to Karen?
(a) Her behavior deteriorated.
(b) She was neglected by J.D.
(c) She was blamed for Signe's departure.
(d) Her boyfriend left her.
4. What does Angela Harding confess to John Berry?
(a) She had performed Karen's abortion.
(b) She is in love with Peter Randall.
(c) She had attacked Karen with a chair.
(d) She is in love with Roman Jones.
5. George Wilson suggests that one alternative in order to free Art is to take sensitive information to the Randall family and try to do what?
(a) Press charges against them.
(b) Persuade the family to drop the case.
(c) Shame them into becoming hermits for a while.
(d) Run them out of town.
6. John learns that Peter is having an affair with whom?
(a) Betty Lee.
(b) Angela Harding.
(c) Judith Berry.
(d) Ev Randall.
7. How does John describe Norton Francis Hammond?
(a) Someone who can never be trusted.
(b) A narcissistic drama king.
(c) One of the best attorneys in all of Boston.
(d) The hope of the future of medicine.
8. When Art had performed an abortion on Ev Randall, whose child was it?
9. After talking with Dr. Sanderson, John learns that Peter Randall __________.
(a) Performs abortions.
(b) Is a drug addict.
(c) Has had an affair with Art's wife.
(d) Has lost his license to practice medicine.
10. Why does Ev Randall name Art as the abortionist who messed up Karen's procedure?
(a) She wanted revenge against Betty.
(b) She was afraid Peter would be accused.
(c) She was afraid Fritz would be accused.
(d) She wanted revenge against Art.
11. Who is Fritz Werner?
(a) J.D. Randall's closest friend and ally.
(b) A psychiatrist who might be able to help John.
(c) One of Karen's old boyfriends.
(d) Judith's boss and mentor.
12. Whenever John mentions Karen, Sam Archer says that she was __________.
13. When John goes to Mallory Lab to talk to Dr. Weston about Karen's autopsy results, what does Weston do?
(a) He tells John that the results are none of his business.
(b) He shows John all the postmortem examination slides.
(c) He explains that he is not allowed to discuss the results.
(d) He threatens to call the police.
14. When John meets with Peter Randall and tells him that George has taken pictures, Peter wants to know what?
(a) If he can bribe George to get the pictures.
(b) If he is in hot water.
(c) If he should leave the country.
(d) If John is angry with him.
15. The new attorney who has taken on Art's case is George __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening outside of the Lee's home?
2. After learning that he needs to talk with someone named Bubbles, whom does John ask about the identity of Bubbles?
3. Why did Peter refuse to perform another abortion on Karen?
4. Karen had known Roman Jones, a member of which musical group?
5. John Berry and Dr. Sanderson are well aware that as a result of Art's case, both of them could what?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)