|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Peter refuse to perform another abortion on Karen?
(a) He concluded that she really wanted the shame of an illegitimate birth.
(b) He decided she would be left with too much internal scarring.
(c) She was too far along in her pregnancy.
(d) He was angry with her.
2. In the presence of the reporter, what does John demand for the Lee family?
(a) Police protection.
(b) Financial remuneration.
(c) An apology.
(d) A new house.
3. Why does Fritz think that Karen kept getting pregnant?
(a) She did not know about birth control.
(b) To punish herself.
(c) To spite her father.
(d) She wanted to die.
4. What is Norton Hammond doing when John finds him talking with Judith?
(a) Smoking marijuana.
(b) Drawing doodles in his notebook.
(c) Hiding from his boss.
(d) Eating pizza.
5. When talking with John, what information does Fritz confirm?
(a) Peter Randall had performed at least two abortions on Karen.
(b) Nobody took Karen seriously anymore.
(c) Karen had attempted suicide at least five times.
(d) Peter Randall thought his niece was possessed.
6. What does John say about doctors who drink large quantities of alcohol?
(a) Most sound smarter.
(b) They get sleepy.
(c) Most do not act drunk.
(d) They reveal confidential information about patients.
7. John sorts through the Lee's hate mail and finds what?
(a) A threatening letter from the hospital.
(b) A threatening letter from police.
(c) Seven letters of support.
(d) One letter of support.
8. Karen had known Roman Jones, a member of which musical group?
(a) The Zoomers.
(b) The Zeniths.
(c) The Zephyrs.
(d) The Zebras.
9. George Wilson explains that a second viable approach is to do what?
(a) Make jurors feel like idiots if they do not see that Art is innocent.
(b) Bring Art's family into the courtroom to win the jury's sympathy.
(c) Bring in dozens of witnesses who support and respect Art.
(d) Present sensitive information about the Randalls in court.
10. The new attorney who has taken on Art's case is George __________.
11. After talking with Dr. Sanderson, John learns that Peter Randall __________.
(a) Has had an affair with Art's wife.
(b) Performs abortions.
(c) Is a drug addict.
(d) Has lost his license to practice medicine.
12. After Judith goes home, why does John stay behind at the Lee residence?
(a) To talk to more reporters.
(b) To board up windows and tend to the children's cuts.
(c) To prepare dinner and read to the children.
(d) To protect the Lee family.
13. When John defends Peter Randall, Dr. Sanderson believes that perhaps John is what?
(a) High on drugs.
(b) Under too much stress.
(c) Using cloudy judgment.
(d) Stupid and naive.
14. When John and George arrive at the Randall residence, what are they surprised to see out front?
(a) Peter's car.
(b) Karen's car.
(c) Members of the KKK.
(d) Police officers.
15. Both John and George Wilson realize that even if Karen was not pregnant, this is not enough to do what?
(a) Show she was crazy.
(b) Free Art.
(c) Blackmail J.D.
(d) Frame Peter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who supposedly lives with Sam Archer?
2. John realizes that Angela is whose niece?
3. At the gathering at George Morris' home, Judith wishes that there was less medical jargon and more __________.
4. When Art had performed an abortion on Ev Randall, whose child was it?
5. After John thinks about shifting the blame for Karen's death to Peter and away from Art, what does he do?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)