|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John meets with Peter Randall and tells him that George has taken pictures, Peter wants to know what?
(a) If he can bribe George to get the pictures.
(b) If he should leave the country.
(c) If John is angry with him.
(d) If he is in hot water.
2. What does John learn from Murphy about the results of blood tests done on Karen?
(a) She was not pregnant.
(b) She was an alcoholic.
(c) She had a rare liver disease.
(d) She had AIDS.
3. In the presence of the reporter, what does John demand for the Lee family?
(a) Financial remuneration.
(b) An apology.
(c) Police protection.
(d) A new house.
4. What is Norton Hammond doing when John finds him talking with Judith?
(a) Smoking marijuana.
(b) Drawing doodles in his notebook.
(c) Eating pizza.
(d) Hiding from his boss.
5. Why do Judith and John go to George Morris' house?
(a) For a mandatory monthly meeting.
(b) For a birthday celebration.
(c) For a baby shower.
(d) For a dinner party.
6. John learns that Peter is having an affair with whom?
(a) Betty Lee.
(b) Angela Harding.
(c) Judith Berry.
(d) Ev Randall.
7. Who supposedly lives with Sam Archer?
8. Why do John Berry and George Wilson decide to go talk to J.D. Randall?
(a) To punish him.
(b) To threaten him.
(c) To call off the dogs.
(d) To give him a piece of their mind.
9. George Wilson suggests that one alternative in order to free Art is to take sensitive information to the Randall family and try to do what?
(a) Persuade the family to drop the case.
(b) Press charges against them.
(c) Shame them into becoming hermits for a while.
(d) Run them out of town.
10. At the gathering at George Morris' home, Judith wishes that there was less medical jargon and more __________.
(a) Friendly conversation.
(b) Vegetarian food.
(c) Talk of politics.
(d) Drinks and appetizers.
11. How does John describe Norton Francis Hammond?
(a) The hope of the future of medicine.
(b) A narcissistic drama king.
(c) Someone who can never be trusted.
(d) One of the best attorneys in all of Boston.
12. Karen had known Roman Jones, a member of which musical group?
(a) The Zoomers.
(b) The Zephyrs.
(c) The Zeniths.
(d) The Zebras.
13. When John goes home and talks with his wife on the phone, she tells him to do what?
(a) Call Betty Lee and console her.
(b) Go to the Lee house right away.
(c) Bring dinner to the Lee household.
(d) Take coloring books to the Lee children.
14. John realizes that Angela is whose niece?
(a) Leland Weston.
(b) George Wilson.
(c) Art Lee.
(d) Norton Hammond.
15. After pediatrician Charlie Frank tells John that rumor has it that he is involved in abortions, what else does he say?
(a) John should move to another city.
(b) John should be ashamed of himself.
(c) John should stay away from the situation.
(d) John should watch his back.
Short Answer Questions
1. John Berry and Dr. Sanderson are well aware that as a result of Art's case, both of them could what?
2. When a reporter arrives at the Lee household, John makes it a point to talk about what?
3. After learning that he needs to talk with someone named Bubbles, whom does John ask about the identity of Bubbles?
4. John recalls that Peter had called his niece Karen what?
5. When John meets with Angela Harding, what does she say about Karen?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)