|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Fritz Werner?
(a) A psychiatrist who might be able to help John.
(b) J.D. Randall's closest friend and ally.
(c) One of Karen's old boyfriends.
(d) Judith's boss and mentor.
2. Why did Peter refuse to perform another abortion on Karen?
(a) He decided she would be left with too much internal scarring.
(b) He was angry with her.
(c) She was too far along in her pregnancy.
(d) He concluded that she really wanted the shame of an illegitimate birth.
3. What does John learn from Murphy about the results of blood tests done on Karen?
(a) She had AIDS.
(b) She was an alcoholic.
(c) She had a rare liver disease.
(d) She was not pregnant.
4. What does Angela Harding confess to John Berry?
(a) She is in love with Roman Jones.
(b) She had performed Karen's abortion.
(c) She had attacked Karen with a chair.
(d) She is in love with Peter Randall.
5. When John and George arrive at the Randall residence, what are they surprised to see out front?
(a) Karen's car.
(b) Peter's car.
(c) Members of the KKK.
(d) Police officers.
6. George Wilson explains that as an African-American defending an Asian-American abortionist in that particular era in front of a white jury, he faces what big challenge?
(a) Supressing his own disdain.
(b) Keeping Art alive.
(c) Keeping his family safe.
(d) Overcoming stereotypes.
7. At the hospital, John tests Roman Jones' blood and determines what?
(a) That he had been poisoned.
(b) That he was high on morphine.
(c) That he has a rare blood disease.
(d) That he was high on heroin.
8. After John thinks about shifting the blame for Karen's death to Peter and away from Art, what does he do?
(a) Gets himself drunk.
(b) Finds the idea repulsive.
(c) Laughs at his stupidity.
(d) Questions his motives.
9. Why is Angela Harding admitted to the hospital?
(a) She has advanced cancer.
(b) She has tried to kill herself.
(c) She has been attacked by a mugger.
(d) She has advanced pneumonia.
10. As John talks with Angela, it becomes very clear that she is what?
(a) A police informant.
(b) A jewel thief.
(c) A school teacher.
(d) A drug addict.
11. John sorts through the Lee's hate mail and finds what?
(a) A threatening letter from police.
(b) A threatening letter from the hospital.
(c) One letter of support.
(d) Seven letters of support.
12. When John defends Peter Randall, Dr. Sanderson believes that perhaps John is what?
(a) High on drugs.
(b) Using cloudy judgment.
(c) Under too much stress.
(d) Stupid and naive.
13. George Wilson says that the only other way to free Art is to find the real abortionist, but ___________.
(a) This person will be difficult to find in time for the trial.
(b) This person could convince the court he or she is innocent.
(c) Jurors could still ignore the evidence and accuse Art.
(d) It is very possible that Art is the real abortionist.
14. J.D. Randall and Peter Randall do not realize that they are being watched and that __________.
(a) George is taking careful notes of the unfolding events.
(b) George is taking pictures of their actions.
(c) John is texting his wife about what the Randalls are doing.
(d) John has called the police over.
15. How many abortions did Peter perform on Karen?
Short Answer Questions
1. Both John and George Wilson realize that even if Karen was not pregnant, this is not enough to do what?
2. Why does Fritz think that Karen kept getting pregnant?
3. When John meets with Angela Harding, what does she say about Karen?
4. John concludes that Karen had a problem with what?
5. What happens to John when he tries to follow Roman Jones?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)