|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lewis Carr tells John that according to her stepmother, Karen had named Art Lee as __________.
(a) Her drug supplier.
(b) The abortionist.
(c) Her boyfriend.
(d) The one who talked her out of an abortion.
2. As John talks with people who had known Karen, what name starts to pop up?
3. After meeting with Art in jail, John calls George Bradford and leaves a message. Who is Bradford?
(a) Art's mentor.
(b) John's supervisor.
(c) Art's attorney.
(d) John's attorney.
4. When John Berry tells Arthur Lee that continuing to perform abortions is insane, Lee defends himself by saying what?
(a) Everyone in the hospital knows what he is doing.
(b) Women's lives are complicated.
(c) It is often the humane answer.
(d) The police are in on it.
5. When William Randall speaks of Ev, to whom is he referring?
(a) His wife.
(b) His stepmother.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His sister.
6. Arthur Lee agrees to Suzanne Blake's request after he does what?
(a) Consults with his best friend, John Berry.
(b) Has a lengthy conversation with his spiritual adviser.
(c) Clears his schedule to make room for her.
(d) Spends a sleepless night debating what to do.
7. Suzanne Blake is a college student who __________.
(a) Has survived cervical cancer.
(b) Becomes pregnant by accident.
(c) Falls in love with a professor.
(d) Desperately wants a baby.
8. When John Berry encounters J.D. Randall after meeting with William Randall, how does J.D. greet him?
(a) Very coldly.
(b) In a friendly manner.
(d) In a threatening manner.
9. As Dr. John Berry recalls past conversations with his friend, Dr. Arthur Lee, what becomes clear?
(a) Dr. Lee has been performing abortions.
(b) Dr. Berry feels he is much less qualified than his friend.
(c) Dr. Berry's jealousy of Dr. Lee has been hidden well.
(d) Dr. Lee has never gone to medical school.
10. Who has been switching tissue samples in the lab in order to help Art Lee?
11. The last time that William Randall saw Karen, she had talked Uncle Peter into doing what?
(a) Taking her to the museum.
(b) Lending her fifty dollars.
(c) Lending her his car.
(d) Taking her to the movies.
12. After J.D. Randall tries to bribe John Berry to get him to drop Art Lee's case, J.D. resorts to what?
13. After John Berry gets an unexpected call in the pathology lab, what does he learn?
(a) Art Lee has been arrested.
(b) Frank Conway has punched the anesthesiologist.
(c) His son has quit medical school.
(d) His daughter has run away from home.
14. What does John learn from Judith and Betty about George Bradford, Art's lawyer?
(a) He has just been hospitalized after an accident.
(b) He is about to take a two-week vacation.
(c) He will not return their calls.
(d) He will not take the case.
15. When John goes to the Randall's house after talking with the radiologist and checking with the pharmacy, whom does he see?
(a) Walter Randall.
(b) Mrs. Randall, or Ev.
(c) Peter Randall.
(d) Mr. Randall, of J.D.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alan Zenner tells John that Karen __________.
2. At Smith College, how does John get past the receptionist in the dorm rooms?
3. When John meets with Dr. Peter Randall in his lab, what does he learn?
4. How does Roger Whiting respond when John Berry asks him if he plans to settle in Boston?
5. When John speaks with George Bradford, what does he realize?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)