|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Peter Randall explains to John that he had ordered head X-rays for Karen because she had been complaining of what?
(a) Migraine headaches.
(b) Neck pain.
(c) Vision loss.
(d) Hearing loss.
2. Suzanne Blake seeks Arthur Lee because she wants him to do what?
(a) Give her the best prenatal care possible.
(b) Perform an abortion.
(c) Deliver her baby.
(d) Protect her baby from her illness.
3. When John meets with Lewis Carr and talks to him in person, he learns that after being taken to the emergency by her mother, Karen had been given what?
(b) Beta blockers.
4. Lewis Carr tells John that according to her stepmother, Karen had named Art Lee as __________.
(a) The abortionist.
(b) The one who talked her out of an abortion.
(c) Her boyfriend.
(d) Her drug supplier.
5. During John Berry's first conversation with J.D. Randall, what does J.D. try to offer him?
(a) A ham sandwich.
(b) A better position at another facility.
(c) A weekend at his villa.
(d) A pay increase.
6. How does J.D. Randall reply when John Berry asks what he would have done if Karen had told him she was pregnant?
(a) He says there is no point in speculating.
(b) He begins to cry quietly.
(c) He tells John to shut up.
(d) He calls John an insolent jerk.
7. What happens when John Berry arrives at the police station and requests to see Dr. Lee?
(a) He is almost arrested.
(b) He is refused admittance.
(c) He is greeted warmly.
(d) He is told to come back later.
8. Where does John Kerry have a meeting with William Randall?
(a) At the public library.
(b) In the coffee shop.
(c) In the general hospital's cafeteria.
(d) At the medical school dormitory.
9. As Jack Hendricks prepares to do an autopsy on Karen Randall, John is somewhat taken aback by what?
(a) The absence of nurses and technicians.
(b) Jack's lack of experience.
(c) Jack's lack of hygiene.
(d) The presence of a group of medical interns.
10. When John goes to Smith College to investigate more about Karen, he speaks with Karen's roommate. What is her name?
11. After Mrs. McPherson dies during heart surgery, how long does the surgeon spend trying to revive her?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Seventy-two minutes.
(c) Thirty-five minutes.
(d) Six hours.
12. When John calls Lewis Carr after meeting with the medical intern, what is Lewis' demeanor?
(a) Giddy and bouyant.
(b) Guarded and reserved.
(c) Frightened and apologetic.
(d) Angry and belligerent.
13. After coming to the conclusion that Art Lee uses discernment and compassion in deciding whether or not to perform an abortion, John Berry begins doing what?
(a) Referring patients to Lee.
(b) Covering up lab evidence.
(c) Avoiding Lee's supervisor.
(d) Sleeping better at night.
14. As the doctor finishes up the autopsy on Karen, what does John note?
(a) The results will not show for certain if Karen was pregnant.
(b) It should be easy to prove Art's innocence.
(c) Karen's pregnancy had been plagued with problems.
(d) It is perfectly clear Karen had been murdered.
15. The police sergeant allows John Berry in to see Dr. Lee after he mistakenly thinks what?
(a) Berry is Lee's attorney.
(b) Berry is a private investigator.
(c) Berry wants Lee imprisoned.
(d) Berry is Lee's supervisor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor performing the autopsy on Karen conclude about a possible abortion?
2. After Karen's autopsy, John pays a visit to Jim Murphy. Who is Jim?
3. J.D. Randall questions John Berry's what?
4. As John watches the autopsy conducted on Karen Randall, he discovers that her cause of death was systemic anaphylaxis, which is what?
5. Roger Whiting, the intern who tended to Karen Randall at the hospital, had come up with what diagnosis for her?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)