|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John learns that Karen had been rushed to the hospital after she was found __________.
(a) Hyperventilating in the backyard gazebo.
(b) Screaming in her room.
(c) Collapsed in the driver's seat.
(d) Crying in the kitchen.
2. After Mrs. McPherson dies during heart surgery, how long does the surgeon spend trying to revive her?
(a) Six hours.
(b) Thirty-five minutes.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Seventy-two minutes.
3. Who calls Dr. John Berry during his busiest time in the pathology lab?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His father.
4. What do John Berry and Frank Conway discuss when John drives Frank to Children's Hospital?
(a) Lewis Carr's fear of authority.
(b) Karen Randall's chart.
(c) Jim Murphy's questionable character.
(d) J.D. Randall's personality and influence.
5. The police sergeant allows John Berry in to see Dr. Lee after he mistakenly thinks what?
(a) Berry is a private investigator.
(b) Berry is Lee's attorney.
(c) Berry is Lee's supervisor.
(d) Berry wants Lee imprisoned.
6. After meeting with Art in jail, John calls George Bradford and leaves a message. Who is Bradford?
(a) Art's attorney.
(b) John's attorney.
(c) Art's mentor.
(d) John's supervisor.
7. At Smith College, how does John get past the receptionist in the dorm rooms?
(a) He claims to be Karen's uncle.
(b) He claims to be Karen's doctor.
(c) He bribes her with chocolate.
(d) He bribes her with compliments.
8. Peter Randall explains to John that he had ordered head X-rays for Karen because she had been complaining of what?
(a) Neck pain.
(b) Vision loss.
(c) Hearing loss.
(d) Migraine headaches.
9. Who is Alan Zenner?
(a) Karen's drug dealer.
(b) A friend of Karen's.
(c) One of Karen's professors.
(d) Karen's cousin.
10. John offers several scenarios under which an autopsy would be performed. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons he presents?
(a) The patient is dead upon arrival at the hospital.
(b) The patient is related to a hospital staff member.
(c) The patient dies within a day of arriving at the hospital.
(d) The patient dies under violent or unusual circumstances.
11. According to Carr, who called the police after Karen's death?
(a) Her stepmother.
(b) Her best friend.
(c) Her doctor.
(d) Her father.
12. When John Berry gains access to Art Lee in jail, how much time is he given for their meeting?
(a) Two minutes.
(b) Thirty minutes.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) Twenty minutes.
13. During Suzanne Blake's first trimester of pregnancy, what does she contract?
(a) Chicken Pox.
14. As John stops to watch an open-heart surgical operation, he compares it to what?
(a) A scene from an old B movie.
(b) A baseball game where the points matter.
(c) A well-rehearsed Broadway play.
(d) A surrealistic ballet.
15. Roger Whiting explains to John Berry that Karen Randall's most prominent symptom was what?
(a) Severe bleeding.
(b) Inability to speak.
(c) Severe back pain.
(d) Inability to see clearly.
Short Answer Questions
1. After coming to the conclusion that Art Lee uses discernment and compassion in deciding whether or not to perform an abortion, John Berry begins doing what?
2. Alan Zenner tells John that Karen __________.
3. Why does John call Lewis Carr after meeting with the medical intern?
4. Art Lee is arrested for the murder of Karen Randall, the daughter of __________.
5. When William Randall speaks of Ev, to whom is he referring?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)