|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After meeting with Art in jail, John calls his wife, Judith, and asks her to do what?
(a) Start an investigation into Karen's death.
(b) Meet with Betty to get some answers.
(c) Set up a meeting with Karen's mother.
(d) Check on Betty and keep her calm.
2. As the person conducting Karen's autopsy examines her lungs, what becomes evident?
(a) Her body had reacted to something.
(b) An undetected tumor had been growing.
(c) She had had a bout with pneumonia.
(d) She had been a heavy smoker.
3. The person conducting Karen's autopsy determines that the source of her bleeding was what?
(a) A head wound sustained in a fall.
(b) A hole in her stomach.
(c) An abdominal stab wound.
(d) A hole in her uterus.
4. When Arthur Lee refuses Suzanne Blake's request, she says that she will do what?
(a) Report him to his supervisor.
(b) Drop out of college and live like a hermit.
(c) Get an abortion from someone who charges two hundred dollars.
(d) Find the next best obstetrician since he will not help her.
5. When was the last time William Randall had seen Karen alive?
(a) A month ago.
(b) The previous Saturday.
(c) The previous Wednesday.
(d) A year ago.
6. After meeting with Art in jail, John calls George Bradford and leaves a message. Who is Bradford?
(a) John's attorney.
(b) Art's mentor.
(c) John's supervisor.
(d) Art's attorney.
7. When does Dr. Conway always conduct his autopsies?
(a) Early in the morning.
(b) In the presence of his superviser.
(c) During the busiest part of the day.
(d) Late at night.
8. Who is Alan Zenner?
(a) One of Karen's professors.
(b) A friend of Karen's.
(c) Karen's drug dealer.
(d) Karen's cousin.
9. What do John Berry and Frank Conway discuss when John drives Frank to Children's Hospital?
(a) Lewis Carr's fear of authority.
(b) J.D. Randall's personality and influence.
(c) Jim Murphy's questionable character.
(d) Karen Randall's chart.
10. Art Lee explains to John Berry that he had refused to perform an abortion on Karen Randall because __________.
(a) He was afraid of her father.
(b) Her pregnancy was already four months along.
(c) Her reasons for wanting one were frivolous.
(d) He thought it was a trap.
11. When John shares with Peter Randall that he feels Karen's autopsy shows she was not pregnant, what does Peter say?
(a) "You're kidding."
(b) "You're lying."
(c) "That's very interesting."
(d) "That's not possible."
12. Why does John want to talk with Alan Zenner?
(a) To learn more about Karen's lifestyle.
(b) To scare him into saying who the abortionist is.
(c) To find out if he's the father of the baby.
(d) To get the names of more friends.
13. The last time that William Randall saw Karen, she had talked Uncle Peter into doing what?
(a) Taking her to the museum.
(b) Lending her fifty dollars.
(c) Taking her to the movies.
(d) Lending her his car.
14. Even though Lewis Carr, clinical professor of medicine at Boston Memorial, declines to talk with John by phone, he does explain what?
(a) That Karen's autopsy is about to take place.
(b) That Art had nothing to do with Karen.
(c) That Art used to be a well-respected doctor.
(d) That Karen's mother is threatening to sue the hospital.
15. How does J.D. Randall reply when John Berry asks what he would have done if Karen had told him she was pregnant?
(a) He tells John to shut up.
(b) He says there is no point in speculating.
(c) He begins to cry quietly.
(d) He calls John an insolent jerk.
Short Answer Questions
1. When John Berry tells Arthur Lee that continuing to perform abortions is insane, Lee defends himself by saying what?
2. John learns that Karen had been rushed to the hospital after she was found __________.
3. After Karen's autopsy, John pays a visit to Jim Murphy. Who is Jim?
4. When John calls Lewis Carr after meeting with the medical intern, what is Lewis' demeanor?
5. As the doctor finishes up the autopsy on Karen, what does John note?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)