|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Dr. John Berry recalls past conversations with his friend, Dr. Arthur Lee, what becomes clear?
(a) Dr. Berry's jealousy of Dr. Lee has been hidden well.
(b) Dr. Lee has never gone to medical school.
(c) Dr. Lee has been performing abortions.
(d) Dr. Berry feels he is much less qualified than his friend.
2. What adjective does William Randall use to describe Karen Randall?
3. During Suzanne Blake's first trimester of pregnancy, what does she contract?
(d) Chicken Pox.
4. When was the last time William Randall had seen Karen alive?
(a) The previous Saturday.
(b) A year ago.
(c) A month ago.
(d) The previous Wednesday.
5. As Jack Hendricks prepares to do an autopsy on Karen Randall, John is somewhat taken aback by what?
(a) The absence of nurses and technicians.
(b) Jack's lack of hygiene.
(c) The presence of a group of medical interns.
(d) Jack's lack of experience.
6. What does the person conducting the autopsy on Karen notice about her uterus?
(a) Part of it has been removed.
(b) It shows signs of multiple pregnancies.
(c) It has an unusual shape.
(d) It is not as large as it should be if she had been pregnant.
7. After Mrs. McPherson dies during heart surgery, how long does the surgeon spend trying to revive her?
(a) Thirty-five minutes.
(b) Six hours.
(c) Seventy-two minutes.
(d) Three hours.
8. When William Randall speaks of Ev, to whom is he referring?
(a) His wife.
(b) His stepmother.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His sister.
9. Peter Randall explains to John that he had ordered head X-rays for Karen because she had been complaining of what?
(a) Hearing loss.
(b) Vision loss.
(c) Migraine headaches.
(d) Neck pain.
10. Why does John want to talk with Alan Zenner?
(a) To learn more about Karen's lifestyle.
(b) To find out if he's the father of the baby.
(c) To get the names of more friends.
(d) To scare him into saying who the abortionist is.
11. The last time that William Randall saw Karen, she had talked Uncle Peter into doing what?
(a) Taking her to the movies.
(b) Lending her fifty dollars.
(c) Taking her to the museum.
(d) Lending her his car.
12. Roger Whiting, the intern who tended to Karen Randall at the hospital, had come up with what diagnosis for her?
(d) Brain hemorrhage.
13. Why does John Berry say that Frank Conway's theatrics are tolerated?
(a) His mortality rate is very low.
(b) He is married to the hospital's president.
(c) He has suffered a terrible tragedy.
(d) The other doctors fear him.
14. When John meets with Lewis Carr and talks to him in person, he learns that after being taken to the emergency by her mother, Karen had been given what?
(d) Beta blockers.
15. Art Lee explains to John Berry that he had refused to perform an abortion on Karen Randall because __________.
(a) He thought it was a trap.
(b) He was afraid of her father.
(c) Her reasons for wanting one were frivolous.
(d) Her pregnancy was already four months along.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though Lewis Carr, clinical professor of medicine at Boston Memorial, declines to talk with John by phone, he does explain what?
2. When John calls Lewis Carr after meeting with the medical intern, what is Lewis' demeanor?
3. At Smith College, how does John get past the receptionist in the dorm rooms?
4. Roger Whiting explains to John Berry that Karen Randall's most prominent symptom was what?
5. In John's commentary on Boston City Hospital, he explains that the facility __________.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)