|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John Berry react to Roger Whiting's self-pity?
(a) He tells Roger that he should move to another city.
(b) He feels like laughing out loud, but holds back.
(c) He wants to hug Roger and tell him it will be alright.
(d) He wants to tell Roger to get used to making mistakes.
2. During Karen Randall's autopsy, the stretchmarks noted on her body indicate what?
(a) Unusual growth spurt.
(b) Recent weight gain.
(c) Unusual skin type.
(d) Recent pregnancy.
3. As the person conducting Karen's autopsy examines her lungs, what becomes evident?
(a) An undetected tumor had been growing.
(b) Her body had reacted to something.
(c) She had been a heavy smoker.
(d) She had had a bout with pneumonia.
4. When John goes to Smith College to investigate more about Karen, he speaks with Karen's roommate. What is her name?
5. Suzanne Blake is a college student who __________.
(a) Falls in love with a professor.
(b) Has survived cervical cancer.
(c) Becomes pregnant by accident.
(d) Desperately wants a baby.
6. Who is William Harvey Shattuck Randall?
(a) Karen's stepbrother.
(b) Karen's uncle.
(c) Karen's grandfather.
(d) Karen's brother.
7. Roger Whiting, the intern who tended to Karen Randall at the hospital, had come up with what diagnosis for her?
(b) Brain hemorrhage.
8. Who has been switching tissue samples in the lab in order to help Art Lee?
9. John learns that Karen had been rushed to the hospital after she was found __________.
(a) Crying in the kitchen.
(b) Screaming in her room.
(c) Hyperventilating in the backyard gazebo.
(d) Collapsed in the driver's seat.
10. Suzanne Blake seeks Arthur Lee because she wants him to do what?
(a) Protect her baby from her illness.
(b) Perform an abortion.
(c) Give her the best prenatal care possible.
(d) Deliver her baby.
11. What does John learn from Judith and Betty about George Bradford, Art's lawyer?
(a) He is about to take a two-week vacation.
(b) He will not return their calls.
(c) He has just been hospitalized after an accident.
(d) He will not take the case.
12. When John Berry tells Arthur Lee that continuing to perform abortions is insane, Lee defends himself by saying what?
(a) It is often the humane answer.
(b) Everyone in the hospital knows what he is doing.
(c) Women's lives are complicated.
(d) The police are in on it.
13. Alan Zenner explains to John that Karen had claimed she was pregnant and was scared about having an abortion, but he _________.
(a) Did not have time to comfort her.
(b) Did not believe her.
(c) Did not like her.
(d) Did not care.
14. J.D. Randall questions John Berry's what?
15. John offers several scenarios under which an autopsy would be performed. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons he presents?
(a) The patient dies within a day of arriving at the hospital.
(b) The patient is related to a hospital staff member.
(c) The patient dies under violent or unusual circumstances.
(d) The patient is dead upon arrival at the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. When John goes to the Randall's house after talking with the radiologist and checking with the pharmacy, whom does he see?
2. What adjective does William Randall use to describe Karen Randall?
3. Art Lee is arrested for the murder of Karen Randall, the daughter of __________.
4. Even though Lewis Carr, clinical professor of medicine at Boston Memorial, declines to talk with John by phone, he does explain what?
5. Arthur Lee agrees to Suzanne Blake's request after he does what?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)