|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John contacts the pharmacy to learn more about Karen's prescription, he learns that she was taking what?
(a) Blood pressure medicine.
(b) A placebo.
(c) Pain relief medication.
2. After Mrs. McPherson dies during heart surgery, how long does the surgeon spend trying to revive her?
(a) Seventy-two minutes.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Thirty-five minutes.
(d) Six hours.
3. Where does John Kerry have a meeting with William Randall?
(a) In the coffee shop.
(b) At the public library.
(c) At the medical school dormitory.
(d) In the general hospital's cafeteria.
4. As Dr. John Berry recalls past conversations with his friend, Dr. Arthur Lee, what becomes clear?
(a) Dr. Lee has been performing abortions.
(b) Dr. Berry's jealousy of Dr. Lee has been hidden well.
(c) Dr. Berry feels he is much less qualified than his friend.
(d) Dr. Lee has never gone to medical school.
5. When John finds a regular bottle of prescription medicine in Karen's room, what does he do?
(a) He notices that it is penicillin and is baffled.
(b) He writes down the prescription number and takes a pill with him.
(c) He throws the bottle away to discard evidence.
(d) He searches for other medications.
6. John learns that Karen had been rushed to the hospital after she was found __________.
(a) Hyperventilating in the backyard gazebo.
(b) Crying in the kitchen.
(c) Collapsed in the driver's seat.
(d) Screaming in her room.
7. The last time that William Randall saw Karen, she had talked Uncle Peter into doing what?
(a) Lending her fifty dollars.
(b) Taking her to the museum.
(c) Lending her his car.
(d) Taking her to the movies.
8. Roger Whiting, the intern who tended to Karen Randall at the hospital, had come up with what diagnosis for her?
(a) Brain hemorrhage.
9. During John Berry's first conversation with J.D. Randall, what does J.D. try to offer him?
(a) A ham sandwich.
(b) A better position at another facility.
(c) A pay increase.
(d) A weekend at his villa.
10. Why does Karen's roommate agree to answer John's questions?
(a) She thinks he is a lawyer.
(b) She thinks he is a relative.
(c) She misses Karen terribly.
(d) She is afraid of being arrested.
11. In talking to Karen's roommate, John learns that Karen had claimed what?
(a) She had believed someone wanted her dead.
(b) She had had abortions before entering college.
(c) She had never slept with anyone.
(d) She had come from a poor family.
12. What do John Berry and Frank Conway discuss when John drives Frank to Children's Hospital?
(a) J.D. Randall's personality and influence.
(b) Lewis Carr's fear of authority.
(c) Karen Randall's chart.
(d) Jim Murphy's questionable character.
13. Roger Whiting discovered that six months earlier, a full set of cranial X-rays had been taken of Karen. Who does he think ordered them?
(a) Peter Randall, her uncle and physician.
(b) Jennifer Randall, her sister and nurse.
(c) Walter Randall, her brother and a medical intern.
(d) J.D. Randall, her father and one of the chief surgeons.
14. As John watches the autopsy conducted on Karen Randall, he discovers that her cause of death was systemic anaphylaxis, which is what?
(a) An allergic reaction.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A sudden drop in blood pressure.
(d) A stroke.
15. As the person conducting Karen's autopsy examines her lungs, what becomes evident?
(a) She had been a heavy smoker.
(b) An undetected tumor had been growing.
(c) Her body had reacted to something.
(d) She had had a bout with pneumonia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John want to talk with Alan Zenner?
2. Who has been switching tissue samples in the lab in order to help Art Lee?
3. When was the last time William Randall had seen Karen alive?
4. After meeting with Art in jail, John calls George Bradford and leaves a message. Who is Bradford?
5. During Karen Randall's autopsy, the stretchmarks noted on her body indicate what?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)