|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does J.D. Randall reply when John Berry asks what he would have done if Karen had told him she was pregnant?
(a) He tells John to shut up.
(b) He begins to cry quietly.
(c) He calls John an insolent jerk.
(d) He says there is no point in speculating.
2. As Dr. John Berry recalls past conversations with his friend, Dr. Arthur Lee, what becomes clear?
(a) Dr. Lee has never gone to medical school.
(b) Dr. Berry's jealousy of Dr. Lee has been hidden well.
(c) Dr. Berry feels he is much less qualified than his friend.
(d) Dr. Lee has been performing abortions.
3. Roger Whiting explains to John Berry that Karen Randall's most prominent symptom was what?
(a) Inability to see clearly.
(b) Severe back pain.
(c) Severe bleeding.
(d) Inability to speak.
4. When John goes looking for Karen's chart, he learns that it is in the possession of whom?
(a) Her father.
(b) The police.
(c) Her stepmother.
(d) The private investigator.
5. What does John want Jim Murphy to do?
(a) Run a background check on Art.
(b) Analyze Karen's DNA.
(c) Review Karen's case.
(d) Test Karen's blood.
6. Art Lee is arrested for the murder of Karen Randall, the daughter of __________.
(a) The richest couple in Boston.
(b) A man who is prominent in the medical community.
(c) A woman John Berry used to date.
(d) The president of the local community college.
7. The police sergeant allows John Berry in to see Dr. Lee after he mistakenly thinks what?
(a) Berry is a private investigator.
(b) Berry is Lee's attorney.
(c) Berry wants Lee imprisoned.
(d) Berry is Lee's supervisor.
8. When John meets with Dr. Peter Randall in his lab, what does he learn?
(a) J.D. is mad at John for talking with Ev.
(b) Karen had secretly left the country for three months.
(c) Karen had secretly married and divorced.
(d) Ev is mad at John for talking with J.D.
9. As John watches the autopsy conducted on Karen Randall, he discovers that her cause of death was systemic anaphylaxis, which is what?
(a) A sudden drop in blood pressure.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) An allergic reaction.
(d) A stroke.
10. As the person conducting Karen's autopsy examines her lungs, what becomes evident?
(a) An undetected tumor had been growing.
(b) She had had a bout with pneumonia.
(c) Her body had reacted to something.
(d) She had been a heavy smoker.
11. Why does John want to talk with Alan Zenner?
(a) To find out if he's the father of the baby.
(b) To scare him into saying who the abortionist is.
(c) To get the names of more friends.
(d) To learn more about Karen's lifestyle.
12. Where does John Kerry have a meeting with William Randall?
(a) In the general hospital's cafeteria.
(b) At the medical school dormitory.
(c) In the coffee shop.
(d) At the public library.
13. What does the person conducting the autopsy on Karen notice about her uterus?
(a) It shows signs of multiple pregnancies.
(b) It is not as large as it should be if she had been pregnant.
(c) It has an unusual shape.
(d) Part of it has been removed.
14. Suzanne Blake is a college student who __________.
(a) Desperately wants a baby.
(b) Falls in love with a professor.
(c) Becomes pregnant by accident.
(d) Has survived cervical cancer.
15. When John speaks with George Bradford, what does he realize?
(a) George believes Art is guilty.
(b) George is about to retire.
(c) George cares only about money.
(d) George is incompetent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of work does Dr. John Berry typically perform in the pathology lab?
2. John learns that Karen had been rushed to the hospital after she was found __________.
3. Roger Whiting, the intern who tended to Karen Randall at the hospital, had come up with what diagnosis for her?
4. When John meets with Lewis Carr and talks to him in person, he learns that after being taken to the emergency by her mother, Karen had been given what?
5. How does Roger Whiting respond when John Berry asks him if he plans to settle in Boston?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)