|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John meets with Lewis Carr and talks to him in person, he learns that after being taken to the emergency by her mother, Karen had been given what?
(a) Beta blockers.
2. When Frank Conway enters the pathology lab and encounters John Berry, he throws a tantrum over what?
(a) Having his methods questioned.
(b) Treating the wrong patient.
(c) Being insulted by another doctor.
(d) Losing a patient on the operating table.
3. Where does John Kerry have a meeting with William Randall?
(a) At the public library.
(b) In the general hospital's cafeteria.
(c) In the coffee shop.
(d) At the medical school dormitory.
4. When John talks to a radiologist named Hughes about Karen's head X-rays, what does he learn?
(a) The X-rays show no abnormalities.
(b) Karen had had a nervous breakdown.
(c) Karen had been a hypochondriac.
(d) Someone has tampered with the X-rays.
5. Art Lee explains to John Berry that he had refused to perform an abortion on Karen Randall because __________.
(a) Her pregnancy was already four months along.
(b) He was afraid of her father.
(c) He thought it was a trap.
(d) Her reasons for wanting one were frivolous.
6. What does John learn from Judith and Betty about George Bradford, Art's lawyer?
(a) He is about to take a two-week vacation.
(b) He will not return their calls.
(c) He will not take the case.
(d) He has just been hospitalized after an accident.
7. Roger Whiting explains to John Berry that Karen Randall's most prominent symptom was what?
(a) Inability to speak.
(b) Inability to see clearly.
(c) Severe back pain.
(d) Severe bleeding.
8. After John Berry gets an unexpected call in the pathology lab, what does he learn?
(a) Frank Conway has punched the anesthesiologist.
(b) Art Lee has been arrested.
(c) His daughter has run away from home.
(d) His son has quit medical school.
9. After coming to the conclusion that Art Lee uses discernment and compassion in deciding whether or not to perform an abortion, John Berry begins doing what?
(a) Sleeping better at night.
(b) Covering up lab evidence.
(c) Avoiding Lee's supervisor.
(d) Referring patients to Lee.
10. The person conducting Karen's autopsy determines that the source of her bleeding was what?
(a) A head wound sustained in a fall.
(b) An abdominal stab wound.
(c) A hole in her stomach.
(d) A hole in her uterus.
11. Suzanne Blake is a college student who __________.
(a) Falls in love with a professor.
(b) Desperately wants a baby.
(c) Has survived cervical cancer.
(d) Becomes pregnant by accident.
12. When John Berry encounters J.D. Randall after meeting with William Randall, how does J.D. greet him?
(a) Very coldly.
(c) In a threatening manner.
(d) In a friendly manner.
13. As John talks with people who had known Karen, what name starts to pop up?
14. Who is William Harvey Shattuck Randall?
(a) Karen's uncle.
(b) Karen's brother.
(c) Karen's stepbrother.
(d) Karen's grandfather.
15. Peter Randall explains to John that he had ordered head X-rays for Karen because she had been complaining of what?
(a) Vision loss.
(b) Neck pain.
(c) Hearing loss.
(d) Migraine headaches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Roger Whiting discovered that six months earlier, a full set of cranial X-rays had been taken of Karen. Who does he think ordered them?
2. What does the person conducting the autopsy on Karen notice about her uterus?
3. As John stops to watch an open-heart surgical operation, he compares it to what?
4. After J.D. Randall tries to bribe John Berry to get him to drop Art Lee's case, J.D. resorts to what?
5. Alan Zenner explains to John that Karen had claimed she was pregnant and was scared about having an abortion, but he _________.
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)