|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After coming to the conclusion that Art Lee uses discernment and compassion in deciding whether or not to perform an abortion, John Berry begins doing what?
(a) Covering up lab evidence.
(b) Avoiding Lee's supervisor.
(c) Sleeping better at night.
(d) Referring patients to Lee.
2. What does John learn from Judith and Betty about George Bradford, Art's lawyer?
(a) He will not return their calls.
(b) He is about to take a two-week vacation.
(c) He has just been hospitalized after an accident.
(d) He will not take the case.
3. As Jack Hendricks prepares to do an autopsy on Karen Randall, John is somewhat taken aback by what?
(a) Jack's lack of hygiene.
(b) Jack's lack of experience.
(c) The absence of nurses and technicians.
(d) The presence of a group of medical interns.
4. Suzanne Blake is a college student who __________.
(a) Desperately wants a baby.
(b) Has survived cervical cancer.
(c) Becomes pregnant by accident.
(d) Falls in love with a professor.
5. Lewis Carr tells John that according to her stepmother, Karen had named Art Lee as __________.
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) Her drug supplier.
(c) The one who talked her out of an abortion.
(d) The abortionist.
6. When John meets with Dr. Peter Randall in his lab, what does he learn?
(a) Ev is mad at John for talking with J.D.
(b) J.D. is mad at John for talking with Ev.
(c) Karen had secretly married and divorced.
(d) Karen had secretly left the country for three months.
7. What happens when John Berry arrives at the police station and requests to see Dr. Lee?
(a) He is greeted warmly.
(b) He is refused admittance.
(c) He is told to come back later.
(d) He is almost arrested.
8. What does John say in response to the Randall family's belief that Karen had paid Art Lee three hundred dollars for an abortion?
(a) It would be easy to trace the check and see who had cashed it.
(b) Art always charges twenty-five dollars only to cover lab costs.
(c) Art accepts no money whatsoever for doing an abortion.
(d) The family needs to stop framing Art.
9. What does the doctor performing the autopsy on Karen conclude about a possible abortion?
(a) No abortion took place.
(b) Karen did not attempt self-abortion.
(c) Karen had had many abortions.
(d) Karen died from a poorly-performed abortion.
10. Even though Lewis Carr, clinical professor of medicine at Boston Memorial, declines to talk with John by phone, he does explain what?
(a) That Karen's autopsy is about to take place.
(b) That Art had nothing to do with Karen.
(c) That Karen's mother is threatening to sue the hospital.
(d) That Art used to be a well-respected doctor.
11. When John finds a regular bottle of prescription medicine in Karen's room, what does he do?
(a) He throws the bottle away to discard evidence.
(b) He writes down the prescription number and takes a pill with him.
(c) He notices that it is penicillin and is baffled.
(d) He searches for other medications.
12. Arthur Lee agrees to Suzanne Blake's request after he does what?
(a) Consults with his best friend, John Berry.
(b) Spends a sleepless night debating what to do.
(c) Clears his schedule to make room for her.
(d) Has a lengthy conversation with his spiritual adviser.
13. When John Berry gains access to Art Lee in jail, how much time is he given for their meeting?
(a) Twenty minutes.
(b) Ten minutes.
(c) Two minutes.
(d) Thirty minutes.
14. Without being asked, William Randall makes sure that John Berry knows what?
(a) That he did not perform an abortion on Karen.
(b) That he is planning to drop out of medical school.
(c) That he is planning to move out of Boston.
(d) That he does not get along with J.D. Randall.
15. What example does John give of a disease that is often seen at Boston City Hospital but is practically nonexistent elsewhere?
Short Answer Questions
1. During Karen Randall's autopsy, the stretchmarks noted on her body indicate what?
2. At Smith College, how does John get past the receptionist in the dorm rooms?
3. When John goes looking for Karen's chart, he learns that it is in the possession of whom?
4. Roger Whiting, the intern who tended to Karen Randall at the hospital, had come up with what diagnosis for her?
5. Who calls Dr. John Berry during his busiest time in the pathology lab?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)