Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Dr. John Berry during his busiest time in the pathology lab?
(a) His father.
(b) His wife.
(c) His son.
(d) His daughter.
2. Who is William Harvey Shattuck Randall?
(a) Karen's uncle.
(b) Karen's brother.
(c) Karen's grandfather.
(d) Karen's stepbrother.
3. After J.D. Randall tries to bribe John Berry to get him to drop Art Lee's case, J.D. resorts to what?
4. What do John Berry and Frank Conway discuss when John drives Frank to Children's Hospital?
(a) J.D. Randall's personality and influence.
(b) Karen Randall's chart.
(c) Jim Murphy's questionable character.
(d) Lewis Carr's fear of authority.
5. When John contacts the pharmacy to learn more about Karen's prescription, he learns that she was taking what?
(a) A placebo.
(b) Pain relief medication.
(d) Blood pressure medicine.
6. What example does John give of a disease that is often seen at Boston City Hospital but is practically nonexistent elsewhere?
7. Roger Whiting, the intern who tended to Karen Randall at the hospital, had come up with what diagnosis for her?
(d) Brain hemorrhage.
8. John offers several scenarios under which an autopsy would be performed. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons he presents?
(a) The patient dies within a day of arriving at the hospital.
(b) The patient is related to a hospital staff member.
(c) The patient dies under violent or unusual circumstances.
(d) The patient is dead upon arrival at the hospital.
9. When John calls Lewis Carr after meeting with the medical intern, what is Lewis' demeanor?
(a) Angry and belligerent.
(b) Guarded and reserved.
(c) Frightened and apologetic.
(d) Giddy and bouyant.
10. J.D. Randall questions John Berry's what?
11. What does John say in response to the Randall family's belief that Karen had paid Art Lee three hundred dollars for an abortion?
(a) It would be easy to trace the check and see who had cashed it.
(b) Art always charges twenty-five dollars only to cover lab costs.
(c) Art accepts no money whatsoever for doing an abortion.
(d) The family needs to stop framing Art.
12. Why is John surprised when he learns that J.D. Randall is in the operating room performing open-heart surgery?
(a) His daughter had died the previous evening.
(b) Randall is supposed to be at the police station.
(c) Randall does not have enough experience for this procedure.
(d) His wife has been hospitalized.
13. How does John Berry react to Roger Whiting's self-pity?
(a) He wants to tell Roger to get used to making mistakes.
(b) He tells Roger that he should move to another city.
(c) He wants to hug Roger and tell him it will be alright.
(d) He feels like laughing out loud, but holds back.
14. Suzanne Blake is a college student who __________.
(a) Has survived cervical cancer.
(b) Becomes pregnant by accident.
(c) Desperately wants a baby.
(d) Falls in love with a professor.
15. What does John learn from Judith and Betty about George Bradford, Art's lawyer?
(a) He has just been hospitalized after an accident.
(b) He will not return their calls.
(c) He is about to take a two-week vacation.
(d) He will not take the case.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Smith College, how does John get past the receptionist in the dorm rooms?
2. Even though Lewis Carr, clinical professor of medicine at Boston Memorial, declines to talk with John by phone, he does explain what?
3. Who is Alan Zenner?
4. When Arthur Lee refuses Suzanne Blake's request, she says that she will do what?
5. According to Carr, who called the police after Karen's death?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)