|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has been switching tissue samples in the lab in order to help Art Lee?
2. When does Dr. Conway always conduct his autopsies?
(a) Late at night.
(b) In the presence of his superviser.
(c) During the busiest part of the day.
(d) Early in the morning.
3. When Arthur Lee refuses Suzanne Blake's request, she says that she will do what?
(a) Report him to his supervisor.
(b) Find the next best obstetrician since he will not help her.
(c) Drop out of college and live like a hermit.
(d) Get an abortion from someone who charges two hundred dollars.
4. Suzanne Blake is a college student who __________.
(a) Has survived cervical cancer.
(b) Becomes pregnant by accident.
(c) Desperately wants a baby.
(d) Falls in love with a professor.
5. Where does John Kerry have a meeting with William Randall?
(a) In the general hospital's cafeteria.
(b) In the coffee shop.
(c) At the public library.
(d) At the medical school dormitory.
6. In talking to Karen's roommate, John learns that Karen had claimed what?
(a) She had come from a poor family.
(b) She had had abortions before entering college.
(c) She had never slept with anyone.
(d) She had believed someone wanted her dead.
7. When John meets with Dr. Peter Randall in his lab, what does he learn?
(a) J.D. is mad at John for talking with Ev.
(b) Ev is mad at John for talking with J.D.
(c) Karen had secretly married and divorced.
(d) Karen had secretly left the country for three months.
8. Even though Lewis Carr, clinical professor of medicine at Boston Memorial, declines to talk with John by phone, he does explain what?
(a) That Karen's autopsy is about to take place.
(b) That Art used to be a well-respected doctor.
(c) That Art had nothing to do with Karen.
(d) That Karen's mother is threatening to sue the hospital.
9. As Jack Hendricks prepares to do an autopsy on Karen Randall, who arrives and performs the procedure instead?
(a) Lewis Carr, clinical professor.
(b) Janice Altwater, head of staff.
(c) Leland Weston, chief pathologist.
(d) Arthur Klein, forensics expert.
10. When John shares with Peter Randall that he feels Karen's autopsy shows she was not pregnant, what does Peter say?
(a) "You're lying."
(b) "That's very interesting."
(c) "That's not possible."
(d) "You're kidding."
11. As John talks with people who had known Karen, what name starts to pop up?
12. When John Berry gains access to Art Lee in jail, how much time is he given for their meeting?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Thirty minutes.
(c) Twenty minutes.
(d) Two minutes.
13. When John calls Lewis Carr after meeting with the medical intern, what is Lewis' demeanor?
(a) Angry and belligerent.
(b) Guarded and reserved.
(c) Frightened and apologetic.
(d) Giddy and bouyant.
14. As the person conducting Karen's autopsy examines her lungs, what becomes evident?
(a) She had had a bout with pneumonia.
(b) An undetected tumor had been growing.
(c) She had been a heavy smoker.
(d) Her body had reacted to something.
15. William Randall tells John Berry that at dinner, the family had teased Karen a bit about what?
(a) Dating a guy she had previously dumped.
(b) Spending all her money and needing more.
(c) Putting on a few extra pounds.
(d) Getting a grade of C in P.E.
Short Answer Questions
1. After John Berry gets an unexpected call in the pathology lab, what does he learn?
2. When Frank Conway enters the pathology lab and encounters John Berry, he throws a tantrum over what?
3. When was the last time William Randall had seen Karen alive?
4. Without being asked, William Randall makes sure that John Berry knows what?
5. Art Lee tells John Berry that when Karen Randall left his office, he was under the impression that she __________.
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)