|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the last time William Randall had seen Karen alive?
(a) A year ago.
(b) The previous Saturday.
(c) The previous Wednesday.
(d) A month ago.
2. After coming to the conclusion that Art Lee uses discernment and compassion in deciding whether or not to perform an abortion, John Berry begins doing what?
(a) Covering up lab evidence.
(b) Sleeping better at night.
(c) Avoiding Lee's supervisor.
(d) Referring patients to Lee.
3. The person conducting Karen's autopsy determines that the source of her bleeding was what?
(a) A hole in her uterus.
(b) A head wound sustained in a fall.
(c) A hole in her stomach.
(d) An abdominal stab wound.
4. In talking to Karen's roommate, John learns that Karen had claimed what?
(a) She had believed someone wanted her dead.
(b) She had had abortions before entering college.
(c) She had come from a poor family.
(d) She had never slept with anyone.
5. As Jack Hendricks prepares to do an autopsy on Karen Randall, John is somewhat taken aback by what?
(a) The absence of nurses and technicians.
(b) Jack's lack of experience.
(c) The presence of a group of medical interns.
(d) Jack's lack of hygiene.
6. Who has been switching tissue samples in the lab in order to help Art Lee?
7. Why is John surprised when he learns that J.D. Randall is in the operating room performing open-heart surgery?
(a) His wife has been hospitalized.
(b) Randall does not have enough experience for this procedure.
(c) His daughter had died the previous evening.
(d) Randall is supposed to be at the police station.
8. When John goes looking for Karen's chart, he learns that it is in the possession of whom?
(a) The private investigator.
(b) The police.
(c) Her stepmother.
(d) Her father.
9. When John meets with Dr. Peter Randall in his lab, what does he learn?
(a) Karen had secretly married and divorced.
(b) Ev is mad at John for talking with J.D.
(c) J.D. is mad at John for talking with Ev.
(d) Karen had secretly left the country for three months.
10. William Randall tells John Berry that at dinner, the family had teased Karen a bit about what?
(a) Putting on a few extra pounds.
(b) Spending all her money and needing more.
(c) Dating a guy she had previously dumped.
(d) Getting a grade of C in P.E.
11. How does Roger Whiting respond when John Berry asks him if he plans to settle in Boston?
(b) "Are you joking?"
(c) "I was."
12. John offers several scenarios under which an autopsy would be performed. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons he presents?
(a) The patient dies under violent or unusual circumstances.
(b) The patient dies within a day of arriving at the hospital.
(c) The patient is dead upon arrival at the hospital.
(d) The patient is related to a hospital staff member.
13. What type of work does Dr. John Berry typically perform in the pathology lab?
(a) He gives second opinions.
(b) He isolates viruses.
(c) He analyzes X-rays.
(d) He analyzes tissue samples.
14. Why does Karen's roommate agree to answer John's questions?
(a) She misses Karen terribly.
(b) She thinks he is a lawyer.
(c) She thinks he is a relative.
(d) She is afraid of being arrested.
15. What does John say in response to the Randall family's belief that Karen had paid Art Lee three hundred dollars for an abortion?
(a) It would be easy to trace the check and see who had cashed it.
(b) Art accepts no money whatsoever for doing an abortion.
(c) The family needs to stop framing Art.
(d) Art always charges twenty-five dollars only to cover lab costs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Roger Whiting tells John Berry that he had given Karen Randall penicillin __________.
2. During Karen Randall's autopsy, the stretchmarks noted on her body indicate what?
3. After Mrs. McPherson dies during heart surgery, how long does the surgeon spend trying to revive her?
4. Who is William Harvey Shattuck Randall?
5. When Arthur Lee refuses Suzanne Blake's request, she says that she will do what?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)