|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Without being asked, William Randall makes sure that John Berry knows what?
(a) That he is planning to drop out of medical school.
(b) That he did not perform an abortion on Karen.
(c) That he is planning to move out of Boston.
(d) That he does not get along with J.D. Randall.
2. When John meets with Lewis Carr and talks to him in person, he learns that after being taken to the emergency by her mother, Karen had been given what?
(a) Beta blockers.
3. In talking to Karen's roommate, John learns that Karen had claimed what?
(a) She had believed someone wanted her dead.
(b) She had had abortions before entering college.
(c) She had come from a poor family.
(d) She had never slept with anyone.
4. At Smith College, how does John get past the receptionist in the dorm rooms?
(a) He bribes her with compliments.
(b) He claims to be Karen's doctor.
(c) He bribes her with chocolate.
(d) He claims to be Karen's uncle.
5. As the doctor finishes up the autopsy on Karen, what does John note?
(a) It should be easy to prove Art's innocence.
(b) The results will not show for certain if Karen was pregnant.
(c) It is perfectly clear Karen had been murdered.
(d) Karen's pregnancy had been plagued with problems.
6. When John finds a regular bottle of prescription medicine in Karen's room, what does he do?
(a) He searches for other medications.
(b) He writes down the prescription number and takes a pill with him.
(c) He notices that it is penicillin and is baffled.
(d) He throws the bottle away to discard evidence.
7. What does the person conducting the autopsy on Karen notice about her uterus?
(a) It has an unusual shape.
(b) It is not as large as it should be if she had been pregnant.
(c) Part of it has been removed.
(d) It shows signs of multiple pregnancies.
8. When John Berry gains access to Art Lee in jail, how much time is he given for their meeting?
(a) Twenty minutes.
(b) Two minutes.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) Thirty minutes.
9. Roger Whiting, the intern who tended to Karen Randall at the hospital, had come up with what diagnosis for her?
(d) Brain hemorrhage.
10. During Suzanne Blake's first trimester of pregnancy, what does she contract?
(a) Chicken Pox.
11. As John talks with people who had known Karen, what name starts to pop up?
12. John learns that Karen had been rushed to the hospital after she was found __________.
(a) Hyperventilating in the backyard gazebo.
(b) Collapsed in the driver's seat.
(c) Crying in the kitchen.
(d) Screaming in her room.
13. As Jack Hendricks prepares to do an autopsy on Karen Randall, John is somewhat taken aback by what?
(a) The presence of a group of medical interns.
(b) The absence of nurses and technicians.
(c) Jack's lack of hygiene.
(d) Jack's lack of experience.
14. As John watches the autopsy conducted on Karen Randall, he discovers that her cause of death was systemic anaphylaxis, which is what?
(a) An allergic reaction.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A sudden drop in blood pressure.
(d) A stroke.
15. How does John Berry react to Roger Whiting's self-pity?
(a) He wants to hug Roger and tell him it will be alright.
(b) He tells Roger that he should move to another city.
(c) He feels like laughing out loud, but holds back.
(d) He wants to tell Roger to get used to making mistakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. J.D. Randall questions John Berry's what?
2. Lewis Carr tells John that according to her stepmother, Karen had named Art Lee as __________.
3. When Frank Conway enters the pathology lab and encounters John Berry, he throws a tantrum over what?
4. Alan Zenner explains to John that Karen had claimed she was pregnant and was scared about having an abortion, but he _________.
5. After Karen's autopsy, John pays a visit to Jim Murphy. Who is Jim?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)