|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John contacts the pharmacy to learn more about Karen's prescription, he learns that she was taking what?
(a) Pain relief medication.
(b) Blood pressure medicine.
(c) A placebo.
2. Suzanne Blake is a college student who __________.
(a) Desperately wants a baby.
(b) Has survived cervical cancer.
(c) Becomes pregnant by accident.
(d) Falls in love with a professor.
3. Even though Lewis Carr, clinical professor of medicine at Boston Memorial, declines to talk with John by phone, he does explain what?
(a) That Art used to be a well-respected doctor.
(b) That Karen's autopsy is about to take place.
(c) That Art had nothing to do with Karen.
(d) That Karen's mother is threatening to sue the hospital.
4. Why is John surprised when he learns that J.D. Randall is in the operating room performing open-heart surgery?
(a) Randall does not have enough experience for this procedure.
(b) Randall is supposed to be at the police station.
(c) His wife has been hospitalized.
(d) His daughter had died the previous evening.
5. The police sergeant allows John Berry in to see Dr. Lee after he mistakenly thinks what?
(a) Berry is Lee's supervisor.
(b) Berry is a private investigator.
(c) Berry is Lee's attorney.
(d) Berry wants Lee imprisoned.
6. When John Berry gains access to Art Lee in jail, how much time is he given for their meeting?
(a) Twenty minutes.
(b) Thirty minutes.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) Two minutes.
7. Who has been switching tissue samples in the lab in order to help Art Lee?
8. After Mrs. McPherson dies during heart surgery, how long does the surgeon spend trying to revive her?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Seventy-two minutes.
(c) Six hours.
(d) Thirty-five minutes.
9. As John talks with people who had known Karen, what name starts to pop up?
10. When John goes to Smith College to investigate more about Karen, he speaks with Karen's roommate. What is her name?
11. Typically, when is John Berry's busiest time in the pathology lab?
(a) During the early hours of the morning.
(b) Right before lunchtime.
(c) Right before midnight.
(d) During the late afternoon.
12. What does John want Jim Murphy to do?
(a) Analyze Karen's DNA.
(b) Run a background check on Art.
(c) Test Karen's blood.
(d) Review Karen's case.
13. At Smith College, how does John get past the receptionist in the dorm rooms?
(a) He bribes her with compliments.
(b) He bribes her with chocolate.
(c) He claims to be Karen's uncle.
(d) He claims to be Karen's doctor.
14. Roger Whiting, the intern who tended to Karen Randall at the hospital, had come up with what diagnosis for her?
(c) Brain hemorrhage.
15. After John Berry gets an unexpected call in the pathology lab, what does he learn?
(a) His daughter has run away from home.
(b) Art Lee has been arrested.
(c) His son has quit medical school.
(d) Frank Conway has punched the anesthesiologist.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Karen Randall's autopsy, the stretchmarks noted on her body indicate what?
2. In John's commentary on Boston City Hospital, he explains that the facility __________.
3. As the doctor finishes up the autopsy on Karen, what does John note?
4. J.D. Randall questions John Berry's what?
5. Alan Zenner explains to John that Karen had claimed she was pregnant and was scared about having an abortion, but he _________.
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)