|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John call Lewis Carr after meeting with the medical intern?
(a) He does not believe what the intern just told him.
(b) He wants to know if the police have come by.
(c) He really wants to see Karen's charts.
(d) He needs a ride home.
2. What example does John give of a disease that is often seen at Boston City Hospital but is practically nonexistent elsewhere?
3. Art Lee is arrested for the murder of Karen Randall, the daughter of __________.
(a) The richest couple in Boston.
(b) The president of the local community college.
(c) A man who is prominent in the medical community.
(d) A woman John Berry used to date.
4. As John stops to watch an open-heart surgical operation, he compares it to what?
(a) A surrealistic ballet.
(b) A well-rehearsed Broadway play.
(c) A baseball game where the points matter.
(d) A scene from an old B movie.
5. What does the person conducting the autopsy on Karen notice about her uterus?
(a) It shows signs of multiple pregnancies.
(b) Part of it has been removed.
(c) It has an unusual shape.
(d) It is not as large as it should be if she had been pregnant.
6. Jim Murphy agrees to John's request on what condition?
(a) That John and his wife join him for dinner.
(b) That John keeps him updated about the murder case.
(c) That afterwards, John takes him out for a beer.
(d) That afterwards, John reveals the person's identity.
7. Why does John Berry say that Frank Conway's theatrics are tolerated?
(a) He is married to the hospital's president.
(b) The other doctors fear him.
(c) He has suffered a terrible tragedy.
(d) His mortality rate is very low.
8. After J.D. Randall tries to bribe John Berry to get him to drop Art Lee's case, J.D. resorts to what?
9. Why does John want to talk with Alan Zenner?
(a) To get the names of more friends.
(b) To find out if he's the father of the baby.
(c) To scare him into saying who the abortionist is.
(d) To learn more about Karen's lifestyle.
10. Why does Karen's roommate agree to answer John's questions?
(a) She thinks he is a lawyer.
(b) She thinks he is a relative.
(c) She misses Karen terribly.
(d) She is afraid of being arrested.
11. When John goes to Smith College to investigate more about Karen, he speaks with Karen's roommate. What is her name?
12. The person conducting Karen's autopsy determines that the source of her bleeding was what?
(a) A hole in her stomach.
(b) An abdominal stab wound.
(c) A head wound sustained in a fall.
(d) A hole in her uterus.
13. Who has been switching tissue samples in the lab in order to help Art Lee?
14. As the person conducting Karen's autopsy examines her lungs, what becomes evident?
(a) An undetected tumor had been growing.
(b) Her body had reacted to something.
(c) She had had a bout with pneumonia.
(d) She had been a heavy smoker.
15. When John goes looking for Karen's chart, he learns that it is in the possession of whom?
(a) The police.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her stepmother.
(d) The private investigator.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Karen Randall's autopsy, the stretchmarks noted on her body indicate what?
2. After Mrs. McPherson dies during heart surgery, how long does the surgeon spend trying to revive her?
3. At Smith College, how does John get past the receptionist in the dorm rooms?
4. When John meets with Dr. Peter Randall in his lab, what does he learn?
5. During Suzanne Blake's first trimester of pregnancy, what does she contract?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)