|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Karen Randall's autopsy, the stretchmarks noted on her body indicate what?
(a) Recent pregnancy.
(b) Recent weight gain.
(c) Unusual skin type.
(d) Unusual growth spurt.
2. When John goes looking for Karen's chart, he learns that it is in the possession of whom?
(a) Her father.
(b) The private investigator.
(c) Her stepmother.
(d) The police.
3. When John calls Lewis Carr after meeting with the medical intern, what is Lewis' demeanor?
(a) Angry and belligerent.
(b) Guarded and reserved.
(c) Frightened and apologetic.
(d) Giddy and bouyant.
4. When John meets with Dr. Peter Randall in his lab, what does he learn?
(a) Karen had secretly married and divorced.
(b) J.D. is mad at John for talking with Ev.
(c) Ev is mad at John for talking with J.D.
(d) Karen had secretly left the country for three months.
5. At Smith College, how does John get past the receptionist in the dorm rooms?
(a) He bribes her with compliments.
(b) He bribes her with chocolate.
(c) He claims to be Karen's doctor.
(d) He claims to be Karen's uncle.
6. Alan Zenner explains to John that Karen had claimed she was pregnant and was scared about having an abortion, but he _________.
(a) Did not care.
(b) Did not like her.
(c) Did not have time to comfort her.
(d) Did not believe her.
7. Who is Alan Zenner?
(a) A friend of Karen's.
(b) One of Karen's professors.
(c) Karen's drug dealer.
(d) Karen's cousin.
8. What example does John give of a disease that is often seen at Boston City Hospital but is practically nonexistent elsewhere?
9. J.D. Randall questions John Berry's what?
10. Why is John surprised when he learns that J.D. Randall is in the operating room performing open-heart surgery?
(a) Randall does not have enough experience for this procedure.
(b) His daughter had died the previous evening.
(c) Randall is supposed to be at the police station.
(d) His wife has been hospitalized.
11. According to Carr, who called the police after Karen's death?
(a) Her stepmother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her doctor.
(d) Her best friend.
12. Roger Whiting explains to John Berry that Karen Randall's most prominent symptom was what?
(a) Severe bleeding.
(b) Inability to see clearly.
(c) Severe back pain.
(d) Inability to speak.
13. What type of work does Dr. John Berry typically perform in the pathology lab?
(a) He analyzes X-rays.
(b) He isolates viruses.
(c) He gives second opinions.
(d) He analyzes tissue samples.
14. When John Berry encounters J.D. Randall after meeting with William Randall, how does J.D. greet him?
(a) In a friendly manner.
(b) Very coldly.
(d) In a threatening manner.
15. In talking to Karen's roommate, John learns that Karen had claimed what?
(a) She had never slept with anyone.
(b) She had come from a poor family.
(c) She had had abortions before entering college.
(d) She had believed someone wanted her dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. When John Berry tells Arthur Lee that continuing to perform abortions is insane, Lee defends himself by saying what?
2. After Karen's autopsy, John pays a visit to Jim Murphy. Who is Jim?
3. What does the person conducting the autopsy on Karen notice about her uterus?
4. William Randall tells John Berry that at dinner, the family had teased Karen a bit about what?
5. Who calls Dr. John Berry during his busiest time in the pathology lab?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)