|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John talks to a radiologist named Hughes about Karen's head X-rays, what does he learn?
(a) Someone has tampered with the X-rays.
(b) Karen had been a hypochondriac.
(c) The X-rays show no abnormalities.
(d) Karen had had a nervous breakdown.
2. Why does John call Lewis Carr after meeting with the medical intern?
(a) He does not believe what the intern just told him.
(b) He really wants to see Karen's charts.
(c) He needs a ride home.
(d) He wants to know if the police have come by.
3. What adjective does William Randall use to describe Karen Randall?
4. Art Lee explains to John Berry that he had refused to perform an abortion on Karen Randall because __________.
(a) He was afraid of her father.
(b) Her pregnancy was already four months along.
(c) Her reasons for wanting one were frivolous.
(d) He thought it was a trap.
5. In John's commentary on Boston City Hospital, he explains that the facility __________.
(a) Is in the "Neutral Zone."
(b) Had lost three doctors the previous year.
(c) Is in the "Combat Zone."
(d) Had won five awards the previous year.
6. John learns that Karen had been rushed to the hospital after she was found __________.
(a) Collapsed in the driver's seat.
(b) Crying in the kitchen.
(c) Screaming in her room.
(d) Hyperventilating in the backyard gazebo.
7. When John goes to the Randall's house after talking with the radiologist and checking with the pharmacy, whom does he see?
(a) Peter Randall.
(b) Mrs. Randall, or Ev.
(c) Walter Randall.
(d) Mr. Randall, of J.D.
8. As the person conducting Karen's autopsy examines her lungs, what becomes evident?
(a) Her body had reacted to something.
(b) An undetected tumor had been growing.
(c) She had had a bout with pneumonia.
(d) She had been a heavy smoker.
9. Roger Whiting discovered that six months earlier, a full set of cranial X-rays had been taken of Karen. Who does he think ordered them?
(a) Peter Randall, her uncle and physician.
(b) Walter Randall, her brother and a medical intern.
(c) J.D. Randall, her father and one of the chief surgeons.
(d) Jennifer Randall, her sister and nurse.
10. Why does John want to talk with Alan Zenner?
(a) To get the names of more friends.
(b) To learn more about Karen's lifestyle.
(c) To scare him into saying who the abortionist is.
(d) To find out if he's the father of the baby.
11. Who calls Dr. John Berry during his busiest time in the pathology lab?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His father.
(c) His son.
(d) His wife.
12. During Karen Randall's autopsy, the stretchmarks noted on her body indicate what?
(a) Recent weight gain.
(b) Unusual growth spurt.
(c) Recent pregnancy.
(d) Unusual skin type.
13. When John goes looking for Karen's chart, he learns that it is in the possession of whom?
(a) Her stepmother.
(b) The police.
(c) Her father.
(d) The private investigator.
14. As John talks with people who had known Karen, what name starts to pop up?
15. Alan Zenner explains to John that Karen had claimed she was pregnant and was scared about having an abortion, but he _________.
(a) Did not believe her.
(b) Did not have time to comfort her.
(c) Did not care.
(d) Did not like her.
Short Answer Questions
1. As John watches the autopsy conducted on Karen Randall, he discovers that her cause of death was systemic anaphylaxis, which is what?
2. When John contacts the pharmacy to learn more about Karen's prescription, he learns that she was taking what?
3. What does John learn from Judith and Betty about George Bradford, Art's lawyer?
4. After meeting with Art in jail, John calls George Bradford and leaves a message. Who is Bradford?
5. The last time that William Randall saw Karen, she had talked Uncle Peter into doing what?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)