|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Mrs. McPherson dies during heart surgery, how long does the surgeon spend trying to revive her?
(a) Six hours.
(b) Thirty-five minutes.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Seventy-two minutes.
2. How does Roger Whiting respond when John Berry asks him if he plans to settle in Boston?
(b) "I was."
(c) "Are you joking?"
3. Jim Murphy agrees to John's request on what condition?
(a) That John and his wife join him for dinner.
(b) That John keeps him updated about the murder case.
(c) That afterwards, John reveals the person's identity.
(d) That afterwards, John takes him out for a beer.
4. J.D. Randall questions John Berry's what?
5. Art Lee explains to John Berry that he had refused to perform an abortion on Karen Randall because __________.
(a) He thought it was a trap.
(b) Her pregnancy was already four months along.
(c) He was afraid of her father.
(d) Her reasons for wanting one were frivolous.
6. What happens when John Berry arrives at the police station and requests to see Dr. Lee?
(a) He is refused admittance.
(b) He is almost arrested.
(c) He is told to come back later.
(d) He is greeted warmly.
7. Alan Zenner explains to John that Karen had claimed she was pregnant and was scared about having an abortion, but he _________.
(a) Did not have time to comfort her.
(b) Did not care.
(c) Did not like her.
(d) Did not believe her.
8. Without being asked, William Randall makes sure that John Berry knows what?
(a) That he is planning to move out of Boston.
(b) That he did not perform an abortion on Karen.
(c) That he is planning to drop out of medical school.
(d) That he does not get along with J.D. Randall.
9. William Randall tells John Berry that at dinner, the family had teased Karen a bit about what?
(a) Dating a guy she had previously dumped.
(b) Putting on a few extra pounds.
(c) Getting a grade of C in P.E.
(d) Spending all her money and needing more.
10. Who is Alan Zenner?
(a) Karen's cousin.
(b) Karen's drug dealer.
(c) One of Karen's professors.
(d) A friend of Karen's.
11. What adjective does William Randall use to describe Karen Randall?
12. As Jack Hendricks prepares to do an autopsy on Karen Randall, who arrives and performs the procedure instead?
(a) Arthur Klein, forensics expert.
(b) Leland Weston, chief pathologist.
(c) Janice Altwater, head of staff.
(d) Lewis Carr, clinical professor.
13. How does John Berry react to Roger Whiting's self-pity?
(a) He wants to hug Roger and tell him it will be alright.
(b) He wants to tell Roger to get used to making mistakes.
(c) He tells Roger that he should move to another city.
(d) He feels like laughing out loud, but holds back.
14. As John talks with people who had known Karen, what name starts to pop up?
15. When John calls Lewis Carr after meeting with the medical intern, what is Lewis' demeanor?
(a) Giddy and bouyant.
(b) Frightened and apologetic.
(c) Angry and belligerent.
(d) Guarded and reserved.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the last time William Randall had seen Karen alive?
2. What does the doctor performing the autopsy on Karen conclude about a possible abortion?
3. In talking to Karen's roommate, John learns that Karen had claimed what?
4. As Jack Hendricks prepares to do an autopsy on Karen Randall, John is somewhat taken aback by what?
5. After meeting with Art in jail, John calls George Bradford and leaves a message. Who is Bradford?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)