|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Mrs. McPherson dies during heart surgery, how long does the surgeon spend trying to revive her?
(a) Thirty-five minutes.
(b) Six hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Seventy-two minutes.
2. Even though Lewis Carr, clinical professor of medicine at Boston Memorial, declines to talk with John by phone, he does explain what?
(a) That Karen's mother is threatening to sue the hospital.
(b) That Karen's autopsy is about to take place.
(c) That Art used to be a well-respected doctor.
(d) That Art had nothing to do with Karen.
3. What do John Berry and Frank Conway discuss when John drives Frank to Children's Hospital?
(a) Lewis Carr's fear of authority.
(b) Karen Randall's chart.
(c) Jim Murphy's questionable character.
(d) J.D. Randall's personality and influence.
4. According to Carr, who called the police after Karen's death?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her doctor.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her stepmother.
5. Arthur Lee agrees to Suzanne Blake's request after he does what?
(a) Consults with his best friend, John Berry.
(b) Has a lengthy conversation with his spiritual adviser.
(c) Clears his schedule to make room for her.
(d) Spends a sleepless night debating what to do.
6. When John talks to a radiologist named Hughes about Karen's head X-rays, what does he learn?
(a) The X-rays show no abnormalities.
(b) Someone has tampered with the X-rays.
(c) Karen had had a nervous breakdown.
(d) Karen had been a hypochondriac.
7. When Frank Conway enters the pathology lab and encounters John Berry, he throws a tantrum over what?
(a) Losing a patient on the operating table.
(b) Being insulted by another doctor.
(c) Treating the wrong patient.
(d) Having his methods questioned.
8. When John Berry gains access to Art Lee in jail, how much time is he given for their meeting?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Two minutes.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) Twenty minutes.
9. When John goes to Smith College to investigate more about Karen, he speaks with Karen's roommate. What is her name?
10. What does the person conducting the autopsy on Karen notice about her uterus?
(a) It is not as large as it should be if she had been pregnant.
(b) It shows signs of multiple pregnancies.
(c) Part of it has been removed.
(d) It has an unusual shape.
11. Where does John Kerry have a meeting with William Randall?
(a) At the medical school dormitory.
(b) In the general hospital's cafeteria.
(c) At the public library.
(d) In the coffee shop.
12. When John meets with Lewis Carr and talks to him in person, he learns that after being taken to the emergency by her mother, Karen had been given what?
(a) Beta blockers.
13. As John talks with people who had known Karen, what name starts to pop up?
14. Why does John want to talk with Alan Zenner?
(a) To learn more about Karen's lifestyle.
(b) To find out if he's the father of the baby.
(c) To get the names of more friends.
(d) To scare him into saying who the abortionist is.
15. Who has been switching tissue samples in the lab in order to help Art Lee?
Short Answer Questions
1. When William Randall speaks of Ev, to whom is he referring?
2. Roger Whiting, the intern who tended to Karen Randall at the hospital, had come up with what diagnosis for her?
3. Why does John Berry say that Frank Conway's theatrics are tolerated?
4. Why does John call Lewis Carr after meeting with the medical intern?
5. How does Roger Whiting respond when John Berry asks him if he plans to settle in Boston?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)