|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even though Lewis Carr, clinical professor of medicine at Boston Memorial, declines to talk with John by phone, he does explain what?
(a) That Art used to be a well-respected doctor.
(b) That Art had nothing to do with Karen.
(c) That Karen's mother is threatening to sue the hospital.
(d) That Karen's autopsy is about to take place.
2. Why does John call Lewis Carr after meeting with the medical intern?
(a) He really wants to see Karen's charts.
(b) He wants to know if the police have come by.
(c) He needs a ride home.
(d) He does not believe what the intern just told him.
3. When John shares with Peter Randall that he feels Karen's autopsy shows she was not pregnant, what does Peter say?
(a) "You're kidding."
(b) "You're lying."
(c) "That's very interesting."
(d) "That's not possible."
4. After meeting with Art in jail, John calls George Bradford and leaves a message. Who is Bradford?
(a) John's supervisor.
(b) Art's mentor.
(c) Art's attorney.
(d) John's attorney.
5. Art Lee tells John Berry that when Karen Randall left his office, he was under the impression that she __________.
(a) Was going to have an abortion in another country.
(b) Had decided to have her baby.
(c) Was relieved that he refused to do an abortion.
(d) Had decided to give her child up for adoption.
6. Typically, when is John Berry's busiest time in the pathology lab?
(a) Right before midnight.
(b) During the early hours of the morning.
(c) During the late afternoon.
(d) Right before lunchtime.
7. After coming to the conclusion that Art Lee uses discernment and compassion in deciding whether or not to perform an abortion, John Berry begins doing what?
(a) Covering up lab evidence.
(b) Avoiding Lee's supervisor.
(c) Sleeping better at night.
(d) Referring patients to Lee.
8. Without being asked, William Randall makes sure that John Berry knows what?
(a) That he is planning to drop out of medical school.
(b) That he does not get along with J.D. Randall.
(c) That he did not perform an abortion on Karen.
(d) That he is planning to move out of Boston.
9. What does John learn from Judith and Betty about George Bradford, Art's lawyer?
(a) He will not take the case.
(b) He has just been hospitalized after an accident.
(c) He is about to take a two-week vacation.
(d) He will not return their calls.
10. When John meets with Lewis Carr and talks to him in person, he learns that after being taken to the emergency by her mother, Karen had been given what?
(d) Beta blockers.
11. Who is William Harvey Shattuck Randall?
(a) Karen's stepbrother.
(b) Karen's brother.
(c) Karen's grandfather.
(d) Karen's uncle.
12. How does John Berry react to Roger Whiting's self-pity?
(a) He feels like laughing out loud, but holds back.
(b) He wants to hug Roger and tell him it will be alright.
(c) He wants to tell Roger to get used to making mistakes.
(d) He tells Roger that he should move to another city.
13. Art Lee explains to John Berry that he had refused to perform an abortion on Karen Randall because __________.
(a) He thought it was a trap.
(b) He was afraid of her father.
(c) Her reasons for wanting one were frivolous.
(d) Her pregnancy was already four months along.
14. When John goes to the Randall's house after talking with the radiologist and checking with the pharmacy, whom does he see?
(a) Peter Randall.
(b) Mrs. Randall, or Ev.
(c) Mr. Randall, of J.D.
(d) Walter Randall.
15. Suzanne Blake seeks Arthur Lee because she wants him to do what?
(a) Perform an abortion.
(b) Deliver her baby.
(c) Protect her baby from her illness.
(d) Give her the best prenatal care possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Jack Hendricks prepares to do an autopsy on Karen Randall, who arrives and performs the procedure instead?
2. Jim Murphy agrees to John's request on what condition?
3. According to Carr, who called the police after Karen's death?
4. The person conducting Karen's autopsy determines that the source of her bleeding was what?
5. When Frank Conway enters the pathology lab and encounters John Berry, he throws a tantrum over what?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)