|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John contacts the pharmacy to learn more about Karen's prescription, he learns that she was taking what?
(a) A placebo.
(b) Pain relief medication.
(c) Blood pressure medicine.
2. When Frank Conway enters the pathology lab and encounters John Berry, he throws a tantrum over what?
(a) Treating the wrong patient.
(b) Being insulted by another doctor.
(c) Losing a patient on the operating table.
(d) Having his methods questioned.
3. During Karen Randall's autopsy, the stretchmarks noted on her body indicate what?
(a) Recent pregnancy.
(b) Unusual skin type.
(c) Unusual growth spurt.
(d) Recent weight gain.
4. Why does John call Lewis Carr after meeting with the medical intern?
(a) He wants to know if the police have come by.
(b) He needs a ride home.
(c) He really wants to see Karen's charts.
(d) He does not believe what the intern just told him.
5. Who has been switching tissue samples in the lab in order to help Art Lee?
6. When Arthur Lee refuses Suzanne Blake's request, she says that she will do what?
(a) Get an abortion from someone who charges two hundred dollars.
(b) Find the next best obstetrician since he will not help her.
(c) Drop out of college and live like a hermit.
(d) Report him to his supervisor.
7. How does J.D. Randall reply when John Berry asks what he would have done if Karen had told him she was pregnant?
(a) He says there is no point in speculating.
(b) He begins to cry quietly.
(c) He tells John to shut up.
(d) He calls John an insolent jerk.
8. Roger Whiting, the intern who tended to Karen Randall at the hospital, had come up with what diagnosis for her?
(c) Brain hemorrhage.
9. What example does John give of a disease that is often seen at Boston City Hospital but is practically nonexistent elsewhere?
10. What does the doctor performing the autopsy on Karen conclude about a possible abortion?
(a) No abortion took place.
(b) Karen had had many abortions.
(c) Karen died from a poorly-performed abortion.
(d) Karen did not attempt self-abortion.
11. When John Berry gains access to Art Lee in jail, how much time is he given for their meeting?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Two minutes.
(c) Twenty minutes.
(d) Thirty minutes.
12. When John meets with Lewis Carr and talks to him in person, he learns that after being taken to the emergency by her mother, Karen had been given what?
(d) Beta blockers.
13. Art Lee tells John Berry that when Karen Randall left his office, he was under the impression that she __________.
(a) Had decided to have her baby.
(b) Was relieved that he refused to do an abortion.
(c) Was going to have an abortion in another country.
(d) Had decided to give her child up for adoption.
14. As John talks with people who had known Karen, what name starts to pop up?
15. When John speaks with George Bradford, what does he realize?
(a) George is incompetent.
(b) George cares only about money.
(c) George believes Art is guilty.
(d) George is about to retire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Roger Whiting explains to John Berry that Karen Randall's most prominent symptom was what?
2. How does Roger Whiting respond when John Berry asks him if he plans to settle in Boston?
3. At Smith College, how does John get past the receptionist in the dorm rooms?
4. As Jack Hendricks prepares to do an autopsy on Karen Randall, who arrives and performs the procedure instead?
5. When John goes to Smith College to investigate more about Karen, he speaks with Karen's roommate. What is her name?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)