|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When William Randall speaks of Ev, to whom is he referring?
(a) His sister.
(b) His wife.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His stepmother.
2. What does the doctor performing the autopsy on Karen conclude about a possible abortion?
(a) Karen died from a poorly-performed abortion.
(b) No abortion took place.
(c) Karen did not attempt self-abortion.
(d) Karen had had many abortions.
3. John offers several scenarios under which an autopsy would be performed. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons he presents?
(a) The patient is related to a hospital staff member.
(b) The patient dies under violent or unusual circumstances.
(c) The patient dies within a day of arriving at the hospital.
(d) The patient is dead upon arrival at the hospital.
4. As John stops to watch an open-heart surgical operation, he compares it to what?
(a) A surrealistic ballet.
(b) A baseball game where the points matter.
(c) A scene from an old B movie.
(d) A well-rehearsed Broadway play.
5. When John Berry gains access to Art Lee in jail, how much time is he given for their meeting?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Twenty minutes.
(c) Two minutes.
(d) Thirty minutes.
6. The police sergeant allows John Berry in to see Dr. Lee after he mistakenly thinks what?
(a) Berry is Lee's attorney.
(b) Berry wants Lee imprisoned.
(c) Berry is Lee's supervisor.
(d) Berry is a private investigator.
7. Roger Whiting tells John Berry that he had given Karen Randall penicillin __________.
(a) Because her mother said she had no drug allergies.
(b) Without first consulting her medical charts.
(c) When he really meant to prescribe steroids instead.
(d) Because she had demanded it.
8. When John Berry encounters J.D. Randall after meeting with William Randall, how does J.D. greet him?
(a) Very coldly.
(c) In a friendly manner.
(d) In a threatening manner.
9. Who has been switching tissue samples in the lab in order to help Art Lee?
10. When John meets with Lewis Carr and talks to him in person, he learns that after being taken to the emergency by her mother, Karen had been given what?
(c) Beta blockers.
11. Suzanne Blake is a college student who __________.
(a) Has survived cervical cancer.
(b) Becomes pregnant by accident.
(c) Desperately wants a baby.
(d) Falls in love with a professor.
12. Suzanne Blake seeks Arthur Lee because she wants him to do what?
(a) Perform an abortion.
(b) Protect her baby from her illness.
(c) Give her the best prenatal care possible.
(d) Deliver her baby.
13. During Suzanne Blake's first trimester of pregnancy, what does she contract?
(c) Chicken Pox.
14. How does J.D. Randall reply when John Berry asks what he would have done if Karen had told him she was pregnant?
(a) He calls John an insolent jerk.
(b) He tells John to shut up.
(c) He begins to cry quietly.
(d) He says there is no point in speculating.
15. After Karen's autopsy, John pays a visit to Jim Murphy. Who is Jim?
(a) A detective specializing in hospital murder cases.
(b) A pathologist specializing in murder cases.
(c) A biochemist conducting research on steroids in pregnant women.
(d) A lung specialist conducting research on lung capacity in pregnant women.
Short Answer Questions
1. As John talks with people who had known Karen, what name starts to pop up?
2. Peter Randall explains to John that he had ordered head X-rays for Karen because she had been complaining of what?
3. Alan Zenner tells John that Karen __________.
4. When John meets with Dr. Peter Randall in his lab, what does he learn?
5. William Randall tells John Berry that at dinner, the family had teased Karen a bit about what?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)