|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Roger Whiting respond when John Berry asks him if he plans to settle in Boston?
(b) "Are you joking?"
(c) "I was."
2. As Jack Hendricks prepares to do an autopsy on Karen Randall, John is somewhat taken aback by what?
(a) Jack's lack of experience.
(b) The presence of a group of medical interns.
(c) The absence of nurses and technicians.
(d) Jack's lack of hygiene.
3. During Suzanne Blake's first trimester of pregnancy, what does she contract?
(b) Chicken Pox.
4. When Arthur Lee refuses Suzanne Blake's request, she says that she will do what?
(a) Find the next best obstetrician since he will not help her.
(b) Drop out of college and live like a hermit.
(c) Report him to his supervisor.
(d) Get an abortion from someone who charges two hundred dollars.
5. When does Dr. Conway always conduct his autopsies?
(a) Early in the morning.
(b) Late at night.
(c) In the presence of his superviser.
(d) During the busiest part of the day.
6. What do John Berry and Frank Conway discuss when John drives Frank to Children's Hospital?
(a) Karen Randall's chart.
(b) Jim Murphy's questionable character.
(c) J.D. Randall's personality and influence.
(d) Lewis Carr's fear of authority.
7. When John goes to the Randall's house after talking with the radiologist and checking with the pharmacy, whom does he see?
(a) Mr. Randall, of J.D.
(b) Peter Randall.
(c) Mrs. Randall, or Ev.
(d) Walter Randall.
8. Why does Karen's roommate agree to answer John's questions?
(a) She misses Karen terribly.
(b) She thinks he is a relative.
(c) She thinks he is a lawyer.
(d) She is afraid of being arrested.
9. During John Berry's first conversation with J.D. Randall, what does J.D. try to offer him?
(a) A better position at another facility.
(b) A pay increase.
(c) A ham sandwich.
(d) A weekend at his villa.
10. Why is John surprised when he learns that J.D. Randall is in the operating room performing open-heart surgery?
(a) His wife has been hospitalized.
(b) Randall does not have enough experience for this procedure.
(c) His daughter had died the previous evening.
(d) Randall is supposed to be at the police station.
11. When John speaks with George Bradford, what does he realize?
(a) George is about to retire.
(b) George cares only about money.
(c) George is incompetent.
(d) George believes Art is guilty.
12. In John's commentary on Boston City Hospital, he explains that the facility __________.
(a) Is in the "Neutral Zone."
(b) Is in the "Combat Zone."
(c) Had lost three doctors the previous year.
(d) Had won five awards the previous year.
13. When John goes looking for Karen's chart, he learns that it is in the possession of whom?
(a) Her stepmother.
(b) Her father.
(c) The private investigator.
(d) The police.
14. Art Lee is arrested for the murder of Karen Randall, the daughter of __________.
(a) A woman John Berry used to date.
(b) The richest couple in Boston.
(c) A man who is prominent in the medical community.
(d) The president of the local community college.
15. When John meets with Lewis Carr and talks to him in person, he learns that after being taken to the emergency by her mother, Karen had been given what?
(a) Beta blockers.
Short Answer Questions
1. William Randall tells John Berry that at dinner, the family had teased Karen a bit about what?
2. Suzanne Blake seeks Arthur Lee because she wants him to do what?
3. The person conducting Karen's autopsy determines that the source of her bleeding was what?
4. As John stops to watch an open-heart surgical operation, he compares it to what?
5. What does the doctor performing the autopsy on Karen conclude about a possible abortion?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)