|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and Postscript, Monday.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What example does John give of a disease that is often seen at Boston City Hospital but is practically nonexistent elsewhere?
2. When Frank Conway enters the pathology lab and encounters John Berry, he throws a tantrum over what?
(a) Losing a patient on the operating table.
(b) Treating the wrong patient.
(c) Being insulted by another doctor.
(d) Having his methods questioned.
3. Fritz Werner explains that he ___________.
(a) Had already performed an abortion on Karen.
(b) Refused to take Karen on as a patient.
(c) Always believed that Karen was psychotic.
(d) Is terribly afraid of Karen's father.
4. Jim Murphy agrees to John's request on what condition?
(a) That afterwards, John takes him out for a beer.
(b) That afterwards, John reveals the person's identity.
(c) That John keeps him updated about the murder case.
(d) That John and his wife join him for dinner.
5. Why does John want to talk with Alan Zenner?
(a) To learn more about Karen's lifestyle.
(b) To scare him into saying who the abortionist is.
(c) To find out if he's the father of the baby.
(d) To get the names of more friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Smith College, how does John get past the receptionist in the dorm rooms?
2. At the end of the novel, instead of finding out who is in an ambulance that passes by, John decides to do what?
3. What does John say in response to the Randall family's belief that Karen had paid Art Lee three hundred dollars for an abortion?
4. During Karen Randall's autopsy, the stretchmarks noted on her body indicate what?
5. What is Norton Hammond doing when John finds him talking with Judith?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)