|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, Chapters 1 through 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Peter refuse to perform another abortion on Karen?
(a) He decided she would be left with too much internal scarring.
(b) He concluded that she really wanted the shame of an illegitimate birth.
(c) He was angry with her.
(d) She was too far along in her pregnancy.
2. Why does Ev Randall name Art as the abortionist who messed up Karen's procedure?
(a) She wanted revenge against Art.
(b) She wanted revenge against Betty.
(c) She was afraid Fritz would be accused.
(d) She was afraid Peter would be accused.
3. When John goes home and talks with his wife on the phone, she tells him to do what?
(a) Call Betty Lee and console her.
(b) Bring dinner to the Lee household.
(c) Take coloring books to the Lee children.
(d) Go to the Lee house right away.
4. What does the doctor performing the autopsy on Karen conclude about a possible abortion?
(a) No abortion took place.
(b) Karen had had many abortions.
(c) Karen did not attempt self-abortion.
(d) Karen died from a poorly-performed abortion.
5. What happens to John when he tries to follow Roman Jones?
(a) He is hit by a car.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He is kidnapped.
(d) He is knocked unconscious.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Sam's place, John learns that Bubbles is with whom?
2. After John thinks about shifting the blame for Karen's death to Peter and away from Art, what does he do?
3. Even though Lewis Carr, clinical professor of medicine at Boston Memorial, declines to talk with John by phone, he does explain what?
4. At Smith College, how does John get past the receptionist in the dorm rooms?
5. Both John and George Wilson realize that even if Karen was not pregnant, this is not enough to do what?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)