|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, Chapters 1 through 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John Berry say that Frank Conway's theatrics are tolerated?
(a) The other doctors fear him.
(b) He is married to the hospital's president.
(c) He has suffered a terrible tragedy.
(d) His mortality rate is very low.
2. When John talks to a radiologist named Hughes about Karen's head X-rays, what does he learn?
(a) The X-rays show no abnormalities.
(b) Karen had had a nervous breakdown.
(c) Someone has tampered with the X-rays.
(d) Karen had been a hypochondriac.
3. When John goes looking for Karen's chart, he learns that it is in the possession of whom?
(a) The police.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her stepmother.
(d) The private investigator.
4. In talking to Karen's roommate, John learns that Karen had claimed what?
(a) She had had abortions before entering college.
(b) She had believed someone wanted her dead.
(c) She had never slept with anyone.
(d) She had come from a poor family.
5. Why do John Berry and George Wilson decide to go talk to J.D. Randall?
(a) To threaten him.
(b) To give him a piece of their mind.
(c) To call off the dogs.
(d) To punish him.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Judith goes home, why does John stay behind at the Lee residence?
2. After Mrs. McPherson dies during heart surgery, her surgeon says he does not know what?
3. As Jack Hendricks prepares to do an autopsy on Karen Randall, John is somewhat taken aback by what?
4. When Signe, J.D. Randall's mistress, left the country, what happened to Karen?
5. Alan Zenner explains to John that Karen had claimed she was pregnant and was scared about having an abortion, but he _________.
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)