|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Thursday, Chapters 1 through 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the doctor finishes up the autopsy on Karen, what does John note?
(a) It should be easy to prove Art's innocence.
(b) Karen's pregnancy had been plagued with problems.
(c) The results will not show for certain if Karen was pregnant.
(d) It is perfectly clear Karen had been murdered.
2. How does J.D. Randall reply when John Berry asks what he would have done if Karen had told him she was pregnant?
(a) He says there is no point in speculating.
(b) He tells John to shut up.
(c) He calls John an insolent jerk.
(d) He begins to cry quietly.
3. Why does Karen's roommate agree to answer John's questions?
(a) She thinks he is a lawyer.
(b) She is afraid of being arrested.
(c) She misses Karen terribly.
(d) She thinks he is a relative.
4. As John stops to watch an open-heart surgical operation, he compares it to what?
(a) A surrealistic ballet.
(b) A well-rehearsed Broadway play.
(c) A scene from an old B movie.
(d) A baseball game where the points matter.
5. When John defends Peter Randall, Dr. Sanderson believes that perhaps John is what?
(a) Stupid and naive.
(b) High on drugs.
(c) Under too much stress.
(d) Using cloudy judgment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening outside of the Lee's home?
2. John sorts through the Lee's hate mail and finds what?
3. As Dr. John Berry recalls past conversations with his friend, Dr. Arthur Lee, what becomes clear?
4. Roger Whiting explains to John Berry that Karen Randall's most prominent symptom was what?
5. When John goes to the Randall's house after talking with the radiologist and checking with the pharmacy, whom does he see?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)