|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, Chapters 1 through 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Suzanne Blake is a college student who __________.
(a) Desperately wants a baby.
(b) Has survived cervical cancer.
(c) Becomes pregnant by accident.
(d) Falls in love with a professor.
2. Who calls Dr. John Berry during his busiest time in the pathology lab?
(a) His father.
(b) His wife.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His son.
3. As the doctor finishes up the autopsy on Karen, what does John note?
(a) It is perfectly clear Karen had been murdered.
(b) The results will not show for certain if Karen was pregnant.
(c) Karen's pregnancy had been plagued with problems.
(d) It should be easy to prove Art's innocence.
4. Even though Lewis Carr, clinical professor of medicine at Boston Memorial, declines to talk with John by phone, he does explain what?
(a) That Karen's autopsy is about to take place.
(b) That Art had nothing to do with Karen.
(c) That Karen's mother is threatening to sue the hospital.
(d) That Art used to be a well-respected doctor.
5. During Karen Randall's autopsy, the stretchmarks noted on her body indicate what?
(a) Recent weight gain.
(b) Unusual growth spurt.
(c) Unusual skin type.
(d) Recent pregnancy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When John finds a regular bottle of prescription medicine in Karen's room, what does he do?
2. What is Norton Hammond doing when John finds him talking with Judith?
3. According to Carr, who called the police after Karen's death?
4. What example does John give of a disease that is often seen at Boston City Hospital but is practically nonexistent elsewhere?
5. As Jack Hendricks prepares to do an autopsy on Karen Randall, who arrives and performs the procedure instead?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)