|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, Chapters 1 through 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After meeting with Art in jail, John calls George Bradford and leaves a message. Who is Bradford?
(a) John's supervisor.
(b) Art's attorney.
(c) John's attorney.
(d) Art's mentor.
2. At Smith College, how does John get past the receptionist in the dorm rooms?
(a) He bribes her with chocolate.
(b) He bribes her with compliments.
(c) He claims to be Karen's uncle.
(d) He claims to be Karen's doctor.
3. What does the doctor performing the autopsy on Karen conclude about a possible abortion?
(a) No abortion took place.
(b) Karen had had many abortions.
(c) Karen died from a poorly-performed abortion.
(d) Karen did not attempt self-abortion.
4. What happens when John Berry arrives at the police station and requests to see Dr. Lee?
(a) He is refused admittance.
(b) He is almost arrested.
(c) He is greeted warmly.
(d) He is told to come back later.
5. Without being asked, William Randall makes sure that John Berry knows what?
(a) That he is planning to move out of Boston.
(b) That he did not perform an abortion on Karen.
(c) That he is planning to drop out of medical school.
(d) That he does not get along with J.D. Randall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John learn from Judith and Betty about George Bradford, Art's lawyer?
2. How does John Berry react to Roger Whiting's self-pity?
3. Who supposedly lives with Sam Archer?
4. When Arthur Lee refuses Suzanne Blake's request, she says that she will do what?
5. What example does John give of a disease that is often seen at Boston City Hospital but is practically nonexistent elsewhere?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)