|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, Chapters 1 through 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John say in response to the Randall family's belief that Karen had paid Art Lee three hundred dollars for an abortion?
(a) Art always charges twenty-five dollars only to cover lab costs.
(b) It would be easy to trace the check and see who had cashed it.
(c) The family needs to stop framing Art.
(d) Art accepts no money whatsoever for doing an abortion.
2. After John Berry gets an unexpected call in the pathology lab, what does he learn?
(a) Art Lee has been arrested.
(b) His son has quit medical school.
(c) His daughter has run away from home.
(d) Frank Conway has punched the anesthesiologist.
3. Peter Randall explains to John that he had ordered head X-rays for Karen because she had been complaining of what?
(a) Vision loss.
(b) Hearing loss.
(c) Migraine headaches.
(d) Neck pain.
4. Even though Lewis Carr, clinical professor of medicine at Boston Memorial, declines to talk with John by phone, he does explain what?
(a) That Karen's mother is threatening to sue the hospital.
(b) That Art had nothing to do with Karen.
(c) That Art used to be a well-respected doctor.
(d) That Karen's autopsy is about to take place.
5. After J.D. Randall tries to bribe John Berry to get him to drop Art Lee's case, J.D. resorts to what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John Berry say that Frank Conway's theatrics are tolerated?
2. Roger Whiting explains to John Berry that Karen Randall's most prominent symptom was what?
3. Why is John surprised when he learns that J.D. Randall is in the operating room performing open-heart surgery?
4. As John talks with Angela, it becomes very clear that she is what?
5. As John stops to watch an open-heart surgical operation, he compares it to what?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)