|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Wednesday, Chapters 1 through 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Roger Whiting discovered that six months earlier, a full set of cranial X-rays had been taken of Karen. Who does he think ordered them?
(a) Jennifer Randall, her sister and nurse.
(b) Walter Randall, her brother and a medical intern.
(c) Peter Randall, her uncle and physician.
(d) J.D. Randall, her father and one of the chief surgeons.
2. John recalls that Peter had called his niece Karen what?
(a) An out-of-control train wreck.
(b) A conniving, manipulative woman.
(c) An hysterical young girl.
(d) A sad girl suffering from multiple personality disorder.
3. Why does John Berry say that Frank Conway's theatrics are tolerated?
(a) The other doctors fear him.
(b) He is married to the hospital's president.
(c) His mortality rate is very low.
(d) He has suffered a terrible tragedy.
4. Typically, when is John Berry's busiest time in the pathology lab?
(a) During the early hours of the morning.
(b) During the late afternoon.
(c) Right before lunchtime.
(d) Right before midnight.
5. What does John say in response to the Randall family's belief that Karen had paid Art Lee three hundred dollars for an abortion?
(a) It would be easy to trace the check and see who had cashed it.
(b) The family needs to stop framing Art.
(c) Art always charges twenty-five dollars only to cover lab costs.
(d) Art accepts no money whatsoever for doing an abortion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Arthur Lee agrees to Suzanne Blake's request after he does what?
2. What does John learn from Murphy about the results of blood tests done on Karen?
3. What example does John give of a disease that is often seen at Boston City Hospital but is practically nonexistent elsewhere?
4. When John calls Lewis Carr after meeting with the medical intern, what is Lewis' demeanor?
5. After talking with Dr. Sanderson, John learns that Peter Randall __________.
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)