|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tuesday, Chapters 1 through 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The person conducting Karen's autopsy determines that the source of her bleeding was what?
(a) A head wound sustained in a fall.
(b) A hole in her uterus.
(c) An abdominal stab wound.
(d) A hole in her stomach.
2. Roger Whiting tells John Berry that he had given Karen Randall penicillin __________.
(a) Without first consulting her medical charts.
(b) Because her mother said she had no drug allergies.
(c) Because she had demanded it.
(d) When he really meant to prescribe steroids instead.
3. How does Roger Whiting respond when John Berry asks him if he plans to settle in Boston?
(a) "Are you joking?"
(c) "I was."
4. What does the doctor performing the autopsy on Karen conclude about a possible abortion?
(a) Karen had had many abortions.
(b) Karen did not attempt self-abortion.
(c) No abortion took place.
(d) Karen died from a poorly-performed abortion.
5. Suzanne Blake is a college student who __________.
(a) Has survived cervical cancer.
(b) Falls in love with a professor.
(c) Becomes pregnant by accident.
(d) Desperately wants a baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. John offers several scenarios under which an autopsy would be performed. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons he presents?
2. Art Lee explains to John Berry that he had refused to perform an abortion on Karen Randall because __________.
3. What does John want Jim Murphy to do?
4. When John Berry tells Arthur Lee that continuing to perform abortions is insane, Lee defends himself by saying what?
5. As Jack Hendricks prepares to do an autopsy on Karen Randall, who arrives and performs the procedure instead?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)