|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tuesday, Chapters 1 through 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Typically, when is John Berry's busiest time in the pathology lab?
(a) During the early hours of the morning.
(b) During the late afternoon.
(c) Right before midnight.
(d) Right before lunchtime.
2. After Mrs. McPherson dies during heart surgery, how long does the surgeon spend trying to revive her?
(a) Six hours.
(b) Thirty-five minutes.
(c) Seventy-two minutes.
(d) Three hours.
3. John offers several scenarios under which an autopsy would be performed. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons he presents?
(a) The patient is related to a hospital staff member.
(b) The patient dies within a day of arriving at the hospital.
(c) The patient is dead upon arrival at the hospital.
(d) The patient dies under violent or unusual circumstances.
4. When John speaks with George Bradford, what does he realize?
(a) George believes Art is guilty.
(b) George is about to retire.
(c) George cares only about money.
(d) George is incompetent.
5. How does Roger Whiting respond when John Berry asks him if he plans to settle in Boston?
(b) "Are you joking?"
(c) "I was."
Short Answer Questions
1. When John Berry gains access to Art Lee in jail, how much time is he given for their meeting?
2. In John's commentary on Boston City Hospital, he explains that the facility __________.
3. At Smith College, how does John get past the receptionist in the dorm rooms?
4. In talking to Karen's roommate, John learns that Karen had claimed what?
5. When John meets with Lewis Carr and talks to him in person, he learns that after being taken to the emergency by her mother, Karen had been given what?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)