|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tuesday, Chapters 1 through 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the last time William Randall had seen Karen alive?
(a) The previous Saturday.
(b) A month ago.
(c) A year ago.
(d) The previous Wednesday.
2. Why does John Berry say that Frank Conway's theatrics are tolerated?
(a) His mortality rate is very low.
(b) He is married to the hospital's president.
(c) The other doctors fear him.
(d) He has suffered a terrible tragedy.
3. The police sergeant allows John Berry in to see Dr. Lee after he mistakenly thinks what?
(a) Berry is Lee's attorney.
(b) Berry is a private investigator.
(c) Berry wants Lee imprisoned.
(d) Berry is Lee's supervisor.
4. When John talks to a radiologist named Hughes about Karen's head X-rays, what does he learn?
(a) Karen had been a hypochondriac.
(b) Someone has tampered with the X-rays.
(c) Karen had had a nervous breakdown.
(d) The X-rays show no abnormalities.
5. In talking to Karen's roommate, John learns that Karen had claimed what?
(a) She had come from a poor family.
(b) She had never slept with anyone.
(c) She had had abortions before entering college.
(d) She had believed someone wanted her dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Smith College, how does John get past the receptionist in the dorm rooms?
2. Why does Karen's roommate agree to answer John's questions?
3. Arthur Lee agrees to Suzanne Blake's request after he does what?
4. As John watches the autopsy conducted on Karen Randall, he discovers that her cause of death was systemic anaphylaxis, which is what?
5. According to Carr, who called the police after Karen's death?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)