|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tuesday, Chapters 1 through 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John goes looking for Karen's chart, he learns that it is in the possession of whom?
(a) The private investigator.
(b) Her father.
(c) The police.
(d) Her stepmother.
2. The person conducting Karen's autopsy determines that the source of her bleeding was what?
(a) A hole in her uterus.
(b) An abdominal stab wound.
(c) A hole in her stomach.
(d) A head wound sustained in a fall.
3. What type of work does Dr. John Berry typically perform in the pathology lab?
(a) He gives second opinions.
(b) He analyzes tissue samples.
(c) He isolates viruses.
(d) He analyzes X-rays.
4. John offers several scenarios under which an autopsy would be performed. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons he presents?
(a) The patient dies under violent or unusual circumstances.
(b) The patient is dead upon arrival at the hospital.
(c) The patient dies within a day of arriving at the hospital.
(d) The patient is related to a hospital staff member.
5. When John meets with Lewis Carr and talks to him in person, he learns that after being taken to the emergency by her mother, Karen had been given what?
(d) Beta blockers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alan Zenner explains to John that Karen had claimed she was pregnant and was scared about having an abortion, but he _________.
2. Roger Whiting tells John Berry that he had given Karen Randall penicillin __________.
3. What happens when John Berry arrives at the police station and requests to see Dr. Lee?
4. After Mrs. McPherson dies during heart surgery, how long does the surgeon spend trying to revive her?
5. How does Roger Whiting respond when John Berry asks him if he plans to settle in Boston?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)