|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tuesday, Chapters 1 through 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Smith College, how does John get past the receptionist in the dorm rooms?
(a) He bribes her with chocolate.
(b) He bribes her with compliments.
(c) He claims to be Karen's doctor.
(d) He claims to be Karen's uncle.
2. When John speaks with George Bradford, what does he realize?
(a) George cares only about money.
(b) George believes Art is guilty.
(c) George is about to retire.
(d) George is incompetent.
3. Even though Lewis Carr, clinical professor of medicine at Boston Memorial, declines to talk with John by phone, he does explain what?
(a) That Art had nothing to do with Karen.
(b) That Art used to be a well-respected doctor.
(c) That Karen's autopsy is about to take place.
(d) That Karen's mother is threatening to sue the hospital.
4. According to Carr, who called the police after Karen's death?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her doctor.
(d) Her stepmother.
5. How does Roger Whiting respond when John Berry asks him if he plans to settle in Boston?
(b) "Are you joking?"
(d) "I was."
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mrs. McPherson dies during heart surgery, how long does the surgeon spend trying to revive her?
2. Who is William Harvey Shattuck Randall?
3. When Frank Conway enters the pathology lab and encounters John Berry, he throws a tantrum over what?
4. When John Berry tells Arthur Lee that continuing to perform abortions is insane, Lee defends himself by saying what?
5. Where does John Kerry have a meeting with William Randall?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)