|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tuesday, Chapters 1 through 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Without being asked, William Randall makes sure that John Berry knows what?
(a) That he did not perform an abortion on Karen.
(b) That he does not get along with J.D. Randall.
(c) That he is planning to move out of Boston.
(d) That he is planning to drop out of medical school.
2. Art Lee tells John Berry that when Karen Randall left his office, he was under the impression that she __________.
(a) Was going to have an abortion in another country.
(b) Had decided to have her baby.
(c) Was relieved that he refused to do an abortion.
(d) Had decided to give her child up for adoption.
3. As John stops to watch an open-heart surgical operation, he compares it to what?
(a) A surrealistic ballet.
(b) A well-rehearsed Broadway play.
(c) A scene from an old B movie.
(d) A baseball game where the points matter.
4. What do John Berry and Frank Conway discuss when John drives Frank to Children's Hospital?
(a) Jim Murphy's questionable character.
(b) Lewis Carr's fear of authority.
(c) Karen Randall's chart.
(d) J.D. Randall's personality and influence.
5. After Mrs. McPherson dies during heart surgery, how long does the surgeon spend trying to revive her?
(a) Thirty-five minutes.
(b) Six hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Seventy-two minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When John Berry tells Arthur Lee that continuing to perform abortions is insane, Lee defends himself by saying what?
2. When John talks to a radiologist named Hughes about Karen's head X-rays, what does he learn?
3. When Arthur Lee refuses Suzanne Blake's request, she says that she will do what?
4. When William Randall speaks of Ev, to whom is he referring?
5. Jim Murphy agrees to John's request on what condition?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)