|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, Chapters 9 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even though Lewis Carr, clinical professor of medicine at Boston Memorial, declines to talk with John by phone, he does explain what?
(a) That Art used to be a well-respected doctor.
(b) That Art had nothing to do with Karen.
(c) That Karen's mother is threatening to sue the hospital.
(d) That Karen's autopsy is about to take place.
2. Art Lee tells John Berry that when Karen Randall left his office, he was under the impression that she __________.
(a) Had decided to give her child up for adoption.
(b) Had decided to have her baby.
(c) Was relieved that he refused to do an abortion.
(d) Was going to have an abortion in another country.
3. Without being asked, William Randall makes sure that John Berry knows what?
(a) That he is planning to drop out of medical school.
(b) That he did not perform an abortion on Karen.
(c) That he does not get along with J.D. Randall.
(d) That he is planning to move out of Boston.
4. As John stops to watch an open-heart surgical operation, he compares it to what?
(a) A baseball game where the points matter.
(b) A surrealistic ballet.
(c) A scene from an old B movie.
(d) A well-rehearsed Broadway play.
5. Who calls Dr. John Berry during his busiest time in the pathology lab?
(a) His father.
(b) His son.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. When John Berry tells Arthur Lee that continuing to perform abortions is insane, Lee defends himself by saying what?
2. John offers several scenarios under which an autopsy would be performed. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons he presents?
3. How does Roger Whiting respond when John Berry asks him if he plans to settle in Boston?
4. J.D. Randall questions John Berry's what?
5. How does J.D. Randall reply when John Berry asks what he would have done if Karen had told him she was pregnant?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)