|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, Chapters 9 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John offers several scenarios under which an autopsy would be performed. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons he presents?
(a) The patient dies within a day of arriving at the hospital.
(b) The patient is related to a hospital staff member.
(c) The patient dies under violent or unusual circumstances.
(d) The patient is dead upon arrival at the hospital.
2. When Arthur Lee refuses Suzanne Blake's request, she says that she will do what?
(a) Report him to his supervisor.
(b) Drop out of college and live like a hermit.
(c) Get an abortion from someone who charges two hundred dollars.
(d) Find the next best obstetrician since he will not help her.
3. What type of work does Dr. John Berry typically perform in the pathology lab?
(a) He gives second opinions.
(b) He analyzes tissue samples.
(c) He analyzes X-rays.
(d) He isolates viruses.
4. When does Dr. Conway always conduct his autopsies?
(a) Early in the morning.
(b) Late at night.
(c) In the presence of his superviser.
(d) During the busiest part of the day.
5. What happens when John Berry arrives at the police station and requests to see Dr. Lee?
(a) He is greeted warmly.
(b) He is almost arrested.
(c) He is refused admittance.
(d) He is told to come back later.
Short Answer Questions
1. As John watches the autopsy conducted on Karen Randall, he discovers that her cause of death was systemic anaphylaxis, which is what?
2. What does the doctor performing the autopsy on Karen conclude about a possible abortion?
3. The person conducting Karen's autopsy determines that the source of her bleeding was what?
4. The last time that William Randall saw Karen, she had talked Uncle Peter into doing what?
5. When John Berry tells Arthur Lee that continuing to perform abortions is insane, Lee defends himself by saying what?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)