|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, Chapters 9 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lewis Carr tells John that according to her stepmother, Karen had named Art Lee as __________.
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) The one who talked her out of an abortion.
(c) Her drug supplier.
(d) The abortionist.
2. Even though Lewis Carr, clinical professor of medicine at Boston Memorial, declines to talk with John by phone, he does explain what?
(a) That Art used to be a well-respected doctor.
(b) That Karen's mother is threatening to sue the hospital.
(c) That Karen's autopsy is about to take place.
(d) That Art had nothing to do with Karen.
3. William Randall tells John Berry that at dinner, the family had teased Karen a bit about what?
(a) Putting on a few extra pounds.
(b) Getting a grade of C in P.E.
(c) Spending all her money and needing more.
(d) Dating a guy she had previously dumped.
4. After coming to the conclusion that Art Lee uses discernment and compassion in deciding whether or not to perform an abortion, John Berry begins doing what?
(a) Referring patients to Lee.
(b) Sleeping better at night.
(c) Covering up lab evidence.
(d) Avoiding Lee's supervisor.
5. What does John learn from Judith and Betty about George Bradford, Art's lawyer?
(a) He is about to take a two-week vacation.
(b) He has just been hospitalized after an accident.
(c) He will not return their calls.
(d) He will not take the case.
Short Answer Questions
1. When John calls Lewis Carr after meeting with the medical intern, what is Lewis' demeanor?
2. Jim Murphy agrees to John's request on what condition?
3. Art Lee is arrested for the murder of Karen Randall, the daughter of __________.
4. Arthur Lee agrees to Suzanne Blake's request after he does what?
5. Why is John surprised when he learns that J.D. Randall is in the operating room performing open-heart surgery?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)