|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, Chapters 9 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As John stops to watch an open-heart surgical operation, he compares it to what?
(a) A well-rehearsed Broadway play.
(b) A surrealistic ballet.
(c) A baseball game where the points matter.
(d) A scene from an old B movie.
2. In John's commentary on Boston City Hospital, he explains that the facility __________.
(a) Is in the "Neutral Zone."
(b) Had lost three doctors the previous year.
(c) Is in the "Combat Zone."
(d) Had won five awards the previous year.
3. When Arthur Lee refuses Suzanne Blake's request, she says that she will do what?
(a) Get an abortion from someone who charges two hundred dollars.
(b) Report him to his supervisor.
(c) Drop out of college and live like a hermit.
(d) Find the next best obstetrician since he will not help her.
4. The police sergeant allows John Berry in to see Dr. Lee after he mistakenly thinks what?
(a) Berry is Lee's supervisor.
(b) Berry is Lee's attorney.
(c) Berry is a private investigator.
(d) Berry wants Lee imprisoned.
5. What example does John give of a disease that is often seen at Boston City Hospital but is practically nonexistent elsewhere?
Short Answer Questions
1. When William Randall speaks of Ev, to whom is he referring?
2. When does Dr. Conway always conduct his autopsies?
3. Who has been switching tissue samples in the lab in order to help Art Lee?
4. John offers several scenarios under which an autopsy would be performed. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons he presents?
5. What does John learn from Judith and Betty about George Bradford, Art's lawyer?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)