|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, Chapters 9 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Suzanne Blake is a college student who __________.
(a) Falls in love with a professor.
(b) Desperately wants a baby.
(c) Has survived cervical cancer.
(d) Becomes pregnant by accident.
2. Roger Whiting discovered that six months earlier, a full set of cranial X-rays had been taken of Karen. Who does he think ordered them?
(a) Jennifer Randall, her sister and nurse.
(b) J.D. Randall, her father and one of the chief surgeons.
(c) Walter Randall, her brother and a medical intern.
(d) Peter Randall, her uncle and physician.
3. Art Lee explains to John Berry that he had refused to perform an abortion on Karen Randall because __________.
(a) He thought it was a trap.
(b) Her reasons for wanting one were frivolous.
(c) Her pregnancy was already four months along.
(d) He was afraid of her father.
4. Art Lee tells John Berry that when Karen Randall left his office, he was under the impression that she __________.
(a) Was relieved that he refused to do an abortion.
(b) Had decided to have her baby.
(c) Had decided to give her child up for adoption.
(d) Was going to have an abortion in another country.
5. As John watches the autopsy conducted on Karen Randall, he discovers that her cause of death was systemic anaphylaxis, which is what?
(a) An allergic reaction.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A sudden drop in blood pressure.
(d) A stroke.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the doctor finishes up the autopsy on Karen, what does John note?
2. After J.D. Randall tries to bribe John Berry to get him to drop Art Lee's case, J.D. resorts to what?
3. What adjective does William Randall use to describe Karen Randall?
4. When John speaks with George Bradford, what does he realize?
5. When John meets with Lewis Carr and talks to him in person, he learns that after being taken to the emergency by her mother, Karen had been given what?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)