|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, Chapters 9 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Roger Whiting tells John Berry that he had given Karen Randall penicillin __________.
(a) Because her mother said she had no drug allergies.
(b) Because she had demanded it.
(c) When he really meant to prescribe steroids instead.
(d) Without first consulting her medical charts.
2. Roger Whiting explains to John Berry that Karen Randall's most prominent symptom was what?
(a) Severe back pain.
(b) Inability to see clearly.
(c) Inability to speak.
(d) Severe bleeding.
3. Arthur Lee agrees to Suzanne Blake's request after he does what?
(a) Spends a sleepless night debating what to do.
(b) Clears his schedule to make room for her.
(c) Has a lengthy conversation with his spiritual adviser.
(d) Consults with his best friend, John Berry.
4. When Frank Conway enters the pathology lab and encounters John Berry, he throws a tantrum over what?
(a) Losing a patient on the operating table.
(b) Being insulted by another doctor.
(c) Having his methods questioned.
(d) Treating the wrong patient.
5. John offers several scenarios under which an autopsy would be performed. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons he presents?
(a) The patient dies within a day of arriving at the hospital.
(b) The patient is related to a hospital staff member.
(c) The patient dies under violent or unusual circumstances.
(d) The patient is dead upon arrival at the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. The police sergeant allows John Berry in to see Dr. Lee after he mistakenly thinks what?
2. Suzanne Blake seeks Arthur Lee because she wants him to do what?
3. After Mrs. McPherson dies during heart surgery, how long does the surgeon spend trying to revive her?
4. In John's commentary on Boston City Hospital, he explains that the facility __________.
5. After Mrs. McPherson dies during heart surgery, her surgeon says he does not know what?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)