|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, Chapters 9 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John offers several scenarios under which an autopsy would be performed. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons he presents?
(a) The patient dies under violent or unusual circumstances.
(b) The patient is related to a hospital staff member.
(c) The patient is dead upon arrival at the hospital.
(d) The patient dies within a day of arriving at the hospital.
2. Who has been switching tissue samples in the lab in order to help Art Lee?
3. Jim Murphy agrees to John's request on what condition?
(a) That John keeps him updated about the murder case.
(b) That afterwards, John reveals the person's identity.
(c) That John and his wife join him for dinner.
(d) That afterwards, John takes him out for a beer.
4. What do John Berry and Frank Conway discuss when John drives Frank to Children's Hospital?
(a) Jim Murphy's questionable character.
(b) Lewis Carr's fear of authority.
(c) Karen Randall's chart.
(d) J.D. Randall's personality and influence.
5. When John Berry tells Arthur Lee that continuing to perform abortions is insane, Lee defends himself by saying what?
(a) Women's lives are complicated.
(b) The police are in on it.
(c) Everyone in the hospital knows what he is doing.
(d) It is often the humane answer.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Jack Hendricks prepares to do an autopsy on Karen Randall, who arrives and performs the procedure instead?
2. Roger Whiting explains to John Berry that Karen Randall's most prominent symptom was what?
3. Why is John surprised when he learns that J.D. Randall is in the operating room performing open-heart surgery?
4. After J.D. Randall tries to bribe John Berry to get him to drop Art Lee's case, J.D. resorts to what?
5. Without being asked, William Randall makes sure that John Berry knows what?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)