|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, Chapters 9 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor performing the autopsy on Karen conclude about a possible abortion?
(a) Karen did not attempt self-abortion.
(b) No abortion took place.
(c) Karen died from a poorly-performed abortion.
(d) Karen had had many abortions.
2. Why does John Berry say that Frank Conway's theatrics are tolerated?
(a) He has suffered a terrible tragedy.
(b) He is married to the hospital's president.
(c) The other doctors fear him.
(d) His mortality rate is very low.
3. The last time that William Randall saw Karen, she had talked Uncle Peter into doing what?
(a) Lending her his car.
(b) Taking her to the movies.
(c) Taking her to the museum.
(d) Lending her fifty dollars.
4. After John Berry gets an unexpected call in the pathology lab, what does he learn?
(a) His son has quit medical school.
(b) Art Lee has been arrested.
(c) Frank Conway has punched the anesthesiologist.
(d) His daughter has run away from home.
5. Why is John surprised when he learns that J.D. Randall is in the operating room performing open-heart surgery?
(a) His daughter had died the previous evening.
(b) Randall is supposed to be at the police station.
(c) Randall does not have enough experience for this procedure.
(d) His wife has been hospitalized.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lewis Carr tells John that according to her stepmother, Karen had named Art Lee as __________.
2. Arthur Lee agrees to Suzanne Blake's request after he does what?
3. When John Berry gains access to Art Lee in jail, how much time is he given for their meeting?
4. Who calls Dr. John Berry during his busiest time in the pathology lab?
5. Roger Whiting discovered that six months earlier, a full set of cranial X-rays had been taken of Karen. Who does he think ordered them?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)