|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, Chapters 9 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even though Lewis Carr, clinical professor of medicine at Boston Memorial, declines to talk with John by phone, he does explain what?
(a) That Art had nothing to do with Karen.
(b) That Art used to be a well-respected doctor.
(c) That Karen's autopsy is about to take place.
(d) That Karen's mother is threatening to sue the hospital.
2. Why does John Berry say that Frank Conway's theatrics are tolerated?
(a) His mortality rate is very low.
(b) He is married to the hospital's president.
(c) He has suffered a terrible tragedy.
(d) The other doctors fear him.
3. In John's commentary on Boston City Hospital, he explains that the facility __________.
(a) Had won five awards the previous year.
(b) Is in the "Combat Zone."
(c) Had lost three doctors the previous year.
(d) Is in the "Neutral Zone."
4. Lewis Carr tells John that according to her stepmother, Karen had named Art Lee as __________.
(a) The abortionist.
(b) Her drug supplier.
(c) Her boyfriend.
(d) The one who talked her out of an abortion.
5. What happens when John Berry arrives at the police station and requests to see Dr. Lee?
(a) He is greeted warmly.
(b) He is told to come back later.
(c) He is almost arrested.
(d) He is refused admittance.
Short Answer Questions
1. As John stops to watch an open-heart surgical operation, he compares it to what?
2. What type of work does Dr. John Berry typically perform in the pathology lab?
3. During John Berry's first conversation with J.D. Randall, what does J.D. try to offer him?
4. Roger Whiting, the intern who tended to Karen Randall at the hospital, had come up with what diagnosis for her?
5. Without being asked, William Randall makes sure that John Berry knows what?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)