|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, Chapters 4 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John Berry gains access to Art Lee in jail, how much time is he given for their meeting?
(a) Twenty minutes.
(b) Thirty minutes.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) Two minutes.
2. Art Lee explains to John Berry that he had refused to perform an abortion on Karen Randall because __________.
(a) Her pregnancy was already four months along.
(b) He thought it was a trap.
(c) Her reasons for wanting one were frivolous.
(d) He was afraid of her father.
3. Suzanne Blake is a college student who __________.
(a) Becomes pregnant by accident.
(b) Has survived cervical cancer.
(c) Desperately wants a baby.
(d) Falls in love with a professor.
4. What does the person conducting the autopsy on Karen notice about her uterus?
(a) It shows signs of multiple pregnancies.
(b) It has an unusual shape.
(c) It is not as large as it should be if she had been pregnant.
(d) Part of it has been removed.
5. Even though Lewis Carr, clinical professor of medicine at Boston Memorial, declines to talk with John by phone, he does explain what?
(a) That Karen's mother is threatening to sue the hospital.
(b) That Art had nothing to do with Karen.
(c) That Art used to be a well-respected doctor.
(d) That Karen's autopsy is about to take place.
Short Answer Questions
1. The police sergeant allows John Berry in to see Dr. Lee after he mistakenly thinks what?
2. Why is John surprised when he learns that J.D. Randall is in the operating room performing open-heart surgery?
3. As Dr. John Berry recalls past conversations with his friend, Dr. Arthur Lee, what becomes clear?
4. As John stops to watch an open-heart surgical operation, he compares it to what?
5. John offers several scenarios under which an autopsy would be performed. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons he presents?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)