|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, Chapters 4 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Art Lee tells John Berry that when Karen Randall left his office, he was under the impression that she __________.
(a) Was going to have an abortion in another country.
(b) Had decided to have her baby.
(c) Was relieved that he refused to do an abortion.
(d) Had decided to give her child up for adoption.
2. When John meets with Lewis Carr and talks to him in person, he learns that after being taken to the emergency by her mother, Karen had been given what?
(d) Beta blockers.
3. As the person conducting Karen's autopsy examines her lungs, what becomes evident?
(a) Her body had reacted to something.
(b) She had had a bout with pneumonia.
(c) An undetected tumor had been growing.
(d) She had been a heavy smoker.
4. According to Carr, who called the police after Karen's death?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her doctor.
(c) Her stepmother.
(d) Her best friend.
5. After Mrs. McPherson dies during heart surgery, how long does the surgeon spend trying to revive her?
(a) Thirty-five minutes.
(b) Six hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Seventy-two minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Dr. John Berry during his busiest time in the pathology lab?
2. During Suzanne Blake's first trimester of pregnancy, what does she contract?
3. What happens when John Berry arrives at the police station and requests to see Dr. Lee?
4. What example does John give of a disease that is often seen at Boston City Hospital but is practically nonexistent elsewhere?
5. Typically, when is John Berry's busiest time in the pathology lab?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)