|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, Chapters 4 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Suzanne Blake seeks Arthur Lee because she wants him to do what?
(a) Give her the best prenatal care possible.
(b) Perform an abortion.
(c) Deliver her baby.
(d) Protect her baby from her illness.
2. What type of work does Dr. John Berry typically perform in the pathology lab?
(a) He analyzes tissue samples.
(b) He analyzes X-rays.
(c) He isolates viruses.
(d) He gives second opinions.
3. As John watches the autopsy conducted on Karen Randall, he discovers that her cause of death was systemic anaphylaxis, which is what?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) An allergic reaction.
(c) A sudden drop in blood pressure.
(d) A stroke.
4. What example does John give of a disease that is often seen at Boston City Hospital but is practically nonexistent elsewhere?
5. When John goes looking for Karen's chart, he learns that it is in the possession of whom?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her stepmother.
(c) The police.
(d) The private investigator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor performing the autopsy on Karen conclude about a possible abortion?
2. As Dr. John Berry recalls past conversations with his friend, Dr. Arthur Lee, what becomes clear?
3. Who has been switching tissue samples in the lab in order to help Art Lee?
4. Even though Lewis Carr, clinical professor of medicine at Boston Memorial, declines to talk with John by phone, he does explain what?
5. Art Lee explains to John Berry that he had refused to perform an abortion on Karen Randall because __________.
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)