|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, Chapters 4 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is John surprised when he learns that J.D. Randall is in the operating room performing open-heart surgery?
(a) His wife has been hospitalized.
(b) Randall is supposed to be at the police station.
(c) Randall does not have enough experience for this procedure.
(d) His daughter had died the previous evening.
2. Jim Murphy agrees to John's request on what condition?
(a) That afterwards, John reveals the person's identity.
(b) That afterwards, John takes him out for a beer.
(c) That John and his wife join him for dinner.
(d) That John keeps him updated about the murder case.
3. After Mrs. McPherson dies during heart surgery, how long does the surgeon spend trying to revive her?
(a) Thirty-five minutes.
(b) Seventy-two minutes.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Six hours.
4. Art Lee tells John Berry that when Karen Randall left his office, he was under the impression that she __________.
(a) Was going to have an abortion in another country.
(b) Had decided to have her baby.
(c) Had decided to give her child up for adoption.
(d) Was relieved that he refused to do an abortion.
5. When Frank Conway enters the pathology lab and encounters John Berry, he throws a tantrum over what?
(a) Having his methods questioned.
(b) Treating the wrong patient.
(c) Being insulted by another doctor.
(d) Losing a patient on the operating table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What example does John give of a disease that is often seen at Boston City Hospital but is practically nonexistent elsewhere?
2. During Karen Randall's autopsy, the stretchmarks noted on her body indicate what?
3. What type of work does Dr. John Berry typically perform in the pathology lab?
4. When John goes looking for Karen's chart, he learns that it is in the possession of whom?
5. When does Dr. Conway always conduct his autopsies?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)