|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, Chapters 4 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John Berry gains access to Art Lee in jail, how much time is he given for their meeting?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(b) Two minutes.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) Twenty minutes.
2. Why does John Berry say that Frank Conway's theatrics are tolerated?
(a) His mortality rate is very low.
(b) He has suffered a terrible tragedy.
(c) The other doctors fear him.
(d) He is married to the hospital's president.
3. When Frank Conway enters the pathology lab and encounters John Berry, he throws a tantrum over what?
(a) Having his methods questioned.
(b) Treating the wrong patient.
(c) Being insulted by another doctor.
(d) Losing a patient on the operating table.
4. When does Dr. Conway always conduct his autopsies?
(a) Late at night.
(b) Early in the morning.
(c) In the presence of his superviser.
(d) During the busiest part of the day.
5. When John Berry tells Arthur Lee that continuing to perform abortions is insane, Lee defends himself by saying what?
(a) Women's lives are complicated.
(b) It is often the humane answer.
(c) The police are in on it.
(d) Everyone in the hospital knows what he is doing.
Short Answer Questions
1. After coming to the conclusion that Art Lee uses discernment and compassion in deciding whether or not to perform an abortion, John Berry begins doing what?
2. As the doctor finishes up the autopsy on Karen, what does John note?
3. After meeting with Art in jail, John calls George Bradford and leaves a message. Who is Bradford?
4. Even though Lewis Carr, clinical professor of medicine at Boston Memorial, declines to talk with John by phone, he does explain what?
5. As Dr. John Berry recalls past conversations with his friend, Dr. Arthur Lee, what becomes clear?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)