|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, Chapters 4 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Art Lee explains to John Berry that he had refused to perform an abortion on Karen Randall because __________.
(a) He thought it was a trap.
(b) Her pregnancy was already four months along.
(c) He was afraid of her father.
(d) Her reasons for wanting one were frivolous.
2. As the doctor finishes up the autopsy on Karen, what does John note?
(a) The results will not show for certain if Karen was pregnant.
(b) It is perfectly clear Karen had been murdered.
(c) Karen's pregnancy had been plagued with problems.
(d) It should be easy to prove Art's innocence.
3. When Arthur Lee refuses Suzanne Blake's request, she says that she will do what?
(a) Find the next best obstetrician since he will not help her.
(b) Drop out of college and live like a hermit.
(c) Get an abortion from someone who charges two hundred dollars.
(d) Report him to his supervisor.
4. As Dr. John Berry recalls past conversations with his friend, Dr. Arthur Lee, what becomes clear?
(a) Dr. Lee has never gone to medical school.
(b) Dr. Lee has been performing abortions.
(c) Dr. Berry feels he is much less qualified than his friend.
(d) Dr. Berry's jealousy of Dr. Lee has been hidden well.
5. After meeting with Art in jail, John calls his wife, Judith, and asks her to do what?
(a) Start an investigation into Karen's death.
(b) Meet with Betty to get some answers.
(c) Set up a meeting with Karen's mother.
(d) Check on Betty and keep her calm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Suzanne Blake is a college student who __________.
2. Why does John Berry say that Frank Conway's theatrics are tolerated?
3. What example does John give of a disease that is often seen at Boston City Hospital but is practically nonexistent elsewhere?
4. When John goes looking for Karen's chart, he learns that it is in the possession of whom?
5. After Mrs. McPherson dies during heart surgery, how long does the surgeon spend trying to revive her?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)