|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, Chapters 4 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As John watches the autopsy conducted on Karen Randall, he discovers that her cause of death was systemic anaphylaxis, which is what?
(a) A sudden drop in blood pressure.
(b) An allergic reaction.
(c) A stroke.
(d) A heart attack.
2. When John meets with Lewis Carr and talks to him in person, he learns that after being taken to the emergency by her mother, Karen had been given what?
(a) Beta blockers.
3. When John Berry tells Arthur Lee that continuing to perform abortions is insane, Lee defends himself by saying what?
(a) Women's lives are complicated.
(b) It is often the humane answer.
(c) Everyone in the hospital knows what he is doing.
(d) The police are in on it.
4. As Dr. John Berry recalls past conversations with his friend, Dr. Arthur Lee, what becomes clear?
(a) Dr. Berry feels he is much less qualified than his friend.
(b) Dr. Berry's jealousy of Dr. Lee has been hidden well.
(c) Dr. Lee has never gone to medical school.
(d) Dr. Lee has been performing abortions.
5. After Mrs. McPherson dies during heart surgery, her surgeon says he does not know what?
(a) If he will lose his license to practice medicine.
(b) If she had been diagnosed correctly.
(c) How to tell her four children.
(d) How to explain this to his supervisor.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Karen's autopsy, John pays a visit to Jim Murphy. Who is Jim?
2. Who calls Dr. John Berry during his busiest time in the pathology lab?
3. After meeting with Art in jail, John calls George Bradford and leaves a message. Who is Bradford?
4. When John Berry gains access to Art Lee in jail, how much time is he given for their meeting?
5. Art Lee tells John Berry that when Karen Randall left his office, he was under the impression that she __________.
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)