|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, Chapters 4 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arthur Lee agrees to Suzanne Blake's request after he does what?
(a) Spends a sleepless night debating what to do.
(b) Consults with his best friend, John Berry.
(c) Has a lengthy conversation with his spiritual adviser.
(d) Clears his schedule to make room for her.
2. As John stops to watch an open-heart surgical operation, he compares it to what?
(a) A scene from an old B movie.
(b) A baseball game where the points matter.
(c) A well-rehearsed Broadway play.
(d) A surrealistic ballet.
3. As John watches the autopsy conducted on Karen Randall, he discovers that her cause of death was systemic anaphylaxis, which is what?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) A sudden drop in blood pressure.
(c) An allergic reaction.
(d) A stroke.
4. As Dr. John Berry recalls past conversations with his friend, Dr. Arthur Lee, what becomes clear?
(a) Dr. Berry feels he is much less qualified than his friend.
(b) Dr. Berry's jealousy of Dr. Lee has been hidden well.
(c) Dr. Lee has been performing abortions.
(d) Dr. Lee has never gone to medical school.
5. After Karen's autopsy, John pays a visit to Jim Murphy. Who is Jim?
(a) A detective specializing in hospital murder cases.
(b) A pathologist specializing in murder cases.
(c) A biochemist conducting research on steroids in pregnant women.
(d) A lung specialist conducting research on lung capacity in pregnant women.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Carr, who called the police after Karen's death?
2. The person conducting Karen's autopsy determines that the source of her bleeding was what?
3. John offers several scenarios under which an autopsy would be performed. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons he presents?
4. As Jack Hendricks prepares to do an autopsy on Karen Randall, who arrives and performs the procedure instead?
5. During Suzanne Blake's first trimester of pregnancy, what does she contract?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)