Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, Chapters 4 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Jack Hendricks prepares to do an autopsy on Karen Randall, John is somewhat taken aback by what?
(a) Jack's lack of hygiene.
(b) Jack's lack of experience.
(c) The presence of a group of medical interns.
(d) The absence of nurses and technicians.
2. John offers several scenarios under which an autopsy would be performed. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons he presents?
(a) The patient is related to a hospital staff member.
(b) The patient dies within a day of arriving at the hospital.
(c) The patient is dead upon arrival at the hospital.
(d) The patient dies under violent or unusual circumstances.
3. When Arthur Lee refuses Suzanne Blake's request, she says that she will do what?
(a) Drop out of college and live like a hermit.
(b) Find the next best obstetrician since he will not help her.
(c) Get an abortion from someone who charges two hundred dollars.
(d) Report him to his supervisor.
4. When John meets with Lewis Carr and talks to him in person, he learns that after being taken to the emergency by her mother, Karen had been given what?
(d) Beta blockers.
5. As John watches the autopsy conducted on Karen Randall, he discovers that her cause of death was systemic anaphylaxis, which is what?
(a) A sudden drop in blood pressure.
(b) An allergic reaction.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) A stroke.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Dr. Conway always conduct his autopsies?
2. The person conducting Karen's autopsy determines that the source of her bleeding was what?
3. After Karen's autopsy, John pays a visit to Jim Murphy. Who is Jim?
4. After meeting with Art in jail, John calls his wife, Judith, and asks her to do what?
5. In John's commentary on Boston City Hospital, he explains that the facility __________.
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)