|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, Chapters 9 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Art Lee is arrested for the murder of Karen Randall, the daughter of __________.
(a) A man who is prominent in the medical community.
(b) The richest couple in Boston.
(c) The president of the local community college.
(d) A woman John Berry used to date.
2. When John speaks with George Bradford, what does he realize?
(a) George is about to retire.
(b) George cares only about money.
(c) George believes Art is guilty.
(d) George is incompetent.
3. Roger Whiting tells John Berry that he had given Karen Randall penicillin __________.
(a) Because she had demanded it.
(b) When he really meant to prescribe steroids instead.
(c) Because her mother said she had no drug allergies.
(d) Without first consulting her medical charts.
4. As John stops to watch an open-heart surgical operation, he compares it to what?
(a) A scene from an old B movie.
(b) A baseball game where the points matter.
(c) A surrealistic ballet.
(d) A well-rehearsed Broadway play.
5. What does John want Jim Murphy to do?
(a) Run a background check on Art.
(b) Test Karen's blood.
(c) Analyze Karen's DNA.
(d) Review Karen's case.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John Berry react to Roger Whiting's self-pity?
2. When John calls Lewis Carr after meeting with the medical intern, what is Lewis' demeanor?
3. Lewis Carr tells John that according to her stepmother, Karen had named Art Lee as __________.
4. During Karen Randall's autopsy, the stretchmarks noted on her body indicate what?
5. What happens when John Berry arrives at the police station and requests to see Dr. Lee?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)