|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, Chapters 9 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Even though Lewis Carr, clinical professor of medicine at Boston Memorial, declines to talk with John by phone, he does explain what?
(a) That Karen's autopsy is about to take place.
(b) That Art had nothing to do with Karen.
(c) That Karen's mother is threatening to sue the hospital.
(d) That Art used to be a well-respected doctor.
2. Art Lee explains to John Berry that he had refused to perform an abortion on Karen Randall because __________.
(a) He was afraid of her father.
(b) Her reasons for wanting one were frivolous.
(c) He thought it was a trap.
(d) Her pregnancy was already four months along.
3. Roger Whiting, the intern who tended to Karen Randall at the hospital, had come up with what diagnosis for her?
(d) Brain hemorrhage.
4. After coming to the conclusion that Art Lee uses discernment and compassion in deciding whether or not to perform an abortion, John Berry begins doing what?
(a) Covering up lab evidence.
(b) Sleeping better at night.
(c) Avoiding Lee's supervisor.
(d) Referring patients to Lee.
5. When John Berry tells Arthur Lee that continuing to perform abortions is insane, Lee defends himself by saying what?
(a) Everyone in the hospital knows what he is doing.
(b) Women's lives are complicated.
(c) The police are in on it.
(d) It is often the humane answer.
Short Answer Questions
1. During John Berry's first conversation with J.D. Randall, what does J.D. try to offer him?
2. John offers several scenarios under which an autopsy would be performed. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons he presents?
3. Roger Whiting tells John Berry that he had given Karen Randall penicillin __________.
4. The police sergeant allows John Berry in to see Dr. Lee after he mistakenly thinks what?
5. Why does John Berry say that Frank Conway's theatrics are tolerated?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)