|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, Chapters 9 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jim Murphy agrees to John's request on what condition?
(a) That John keeps him updated about the murder case.
(b) That afterwards, John takes him out for a beer.
(c) That afterwards, John reveals the person's identity.
(d) That John and his wife join him for dinner.
2. Art Lee explains to John Berry that he had refused to perform an abortion on Karen Randall because __________.
(a) Her pregnancy was already four months along.
(b) He was afraid of her father.
(c) He thought it was a trap.
(d) Her reasons for wanting one were frivolous.
3. Even though Lewis Carr, clinical professor of medicine at Boston Memorial, declines to talk with John by phone, he does explain what?
(a) That Art used to be a well-respected doctor.
(b) That Karen's autopsy is about to take place.
(c) That Karen's mother is threatening to sue the hospital.
(d) That Art had nothing to do with Karen.
4. As Dr. John Berry recalls past conversations with his friend, Dr. Arthur Lee, what becomes clear?
(a) Dr. Lee has never gone to medical school.
(b) Dr. Berry's jealousy of Dr. Lee has been hidden well.
(c) Dr. Lee has been performing abortions.
(d) Dr. Berry feels he is much less qualified than his friend.
5. What example does John give of a disease that is often seen at Boston City Hospital but is practically nonexistent elsewhere?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John Kerry have a meeting with William Randall?
2. After John Berry gets an unexpected call in the pathology lab, what does he learn?
3. What adjective does William Randall use to describe Karen Randall?
4. According to Carr, who called the police after Karen's death?
5. After J.D. Randall tries to bribe John Berry to get him to drop Art Lee's case, J.D. resorts to what?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)