|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, Chapters 9 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jim Murphy agrees to John's request on what condition?
(a) That John and his wife join him for dinner.
(b) That afterwards, John reveals the person's identity.
(c) That afterwards, John takes him out for a beer.
(d) That John keeps him updated about the murder case.
2. When John Berry gains access to Art Lee in jail, how much time is he given for their meeting?
(a) Twenty minutes.
(b) Two minutes.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) Thirty minutes.
3. As Dr. John Berry recalls past conversations with his friend, Dr. Arthur Lee, what becomes clear?
(a) Dr. Lee has never gone to medical school.
(b) Dr. Berry feels he is much less qualified than his friend.
(c) Dr. Berry's jealousy of Dr. Lee has been hidden well.
(d) Dr. Lee has been performing abortions.
4. After Karen's autopsy, John pays a visit to Jim Murphy. Who is Jim?
(a) A lung specialist conducting research on lung capacity in pregnant women.
(b) A detective specializing in hospital murder cases.
(c) A pathologist specializing in murder cases.
(d) A biochemist conducting research on steroids in pregnant women.
5. Lewis Carr tells John that according to her stepmother, Karen had named Art Lee as __________.
(a) The abortionist.
(b) Her boyfriend.
(c) Her drug supplier.
(d) The one who talked her out of an abortion.
Short Answer Questions
1. As John stops to watch an open-heart surgical operation, he compares it to what?
2. Who is William Harvey Shattuck Randall?
3. Roger Whiting discovered that six months earlier, a full set of cranial X-rays had been taken of Karen. Who does he think ordered them?
4. Art Lee is arrested for the murder of Karen Randall, the daughter of __________.
5. Who has been switching tissue samples in the lab in order to help Art Lee?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)