|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, Chapters 9 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Dr. John Berry recalls past conversations with his friend, Dr. Arthur Lee, what becomes clear?
(a) Dr. Lee has been performing abortions.
(b) Dr. Berry's jealousy of Dr. Lee has been hidden well.
(c) Dr. Berry feels he is much less qualified than his friend.
(d) Dr. Lee has never gone to medical school.
2. After meeting with Art in jail, John calls his wife, Judith, and asks her to do what?
(a) Meet with Betty to get some answers.
(b) Set up a meeting with Karen's mother.
(c) Check on Betty and keep her calm.
(d) Start an investigation into Karen's death.
3. When was the last time William Randall had seen Karen alive?
(a) The previous Saturday.
(b) A month ago.
(c) A year ago.
(d) The previous Wednesday.
4. When John calls Lewis Carr after meeting with the medical intern, what is Lewis' demeanor?
(a) Angry and belligerent.
(b) Giddy and bouyant.
(c) Guarded and reserved.
(d) Frightened and apologetic.
5. How does Roger Whiting respond when John Berry asks him if he plans to settle in Boston?
(c) "Are you joking?"
(d) "I was."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person conducting the autopsy on Karen notice about her uterus?
2. As John stops to watch an open-heart surgical operation, he compares it to what?
3. How does John Berry react to Roger Whiting's self-pity?
4. After John Berry gets an unexpected call in the pathology lab, what does he learn?
5. What type of work does Dr. John Berry typically perform in the pathology lab?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)