|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, Chapters 9 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John offers several scenarios under which an autopsy would be performed. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons he presents?
(a) The patient is related to a hospital staff member.
(b) The patient is dead upon arrival at the hospital.
(c) The patient dies within a day of arriving at the hospital.
(d) The patient dies under violent or unusual circumstances.
2. When John Berry tells Arthur Lee that continuing to perform abortions is insane, Lee defends himself by saying what?
(a) Women's lives are complicated.
(b) Everyone in the hospital knows what he is doing.
(c) The police are in on it.
(d) It is often the humane answer.
3. What does the person conducting the autopsy on Karen notice about her uterus?
(a) Part of it has been removed.
(b) It shows signs of multiple pregnancies.
(c) It has an unusual shape.
(d) It is not as large as it should be if she had been pregnant.
4. What type of work does Dr. John Berry typically perform in the pathology lab?
(a) He analyzes X-rays.
(b) He isolates viruses.
(c) He gives second opinions.
(d) He analyzes tissue samples.
5. Roger Whiting explains to John Berry that Karen Randall's most prominent symptom was what?
(a) Inability to speak.
(b) Inability to see clearly.
(c) Severe back pain.
(d) Severe bleeding.
Short Answer Questions
1. In John's commentary on Boston City Hospital, he explains that the facility __________.
2. Roger Whiting discovered that six months earlier, a full set of cranial X-rays had been taken of Karen. Who does he think ordered them?
3. As Jack Hendricks prepares to do an autopsy on Karen Randall, who arrives and performs the procedure instead?
4. After coming to the conclusion that Art Lee uses discernment and compassion in deciding whether or not to perform an abortion, John Berry begins doing what?
5. Roger Whiting tells John Berry that he had given Karen Randall penicillin __________.
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)