|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, Chapters 9 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is William Harvey Shattuck Randall?
(a) Karen's uncle.
(b) Karen's stepbrother.
(c) Karen's grandfather.
(d) Karen's brother.
2. How does Roger Whiting respond when John Berry asks him if he plans to settle in Boston?
(a) "I was."
(b) "Are you joking?"
3. Roger Whiting discovered that six months earlier, a full set of cranial X-rays had been taken of Karen. Who does he think ordered them?
(a) J.D. Randall, her father and one of the chief surgeons.
(b) Peter Randall, her uncle and physician.
(c) Jennifer Randall, her sister and nurse.
(d) Walter Randall, her brother and a medical intern.
4. When John calls Lewis Carr after meeting with the medical intern, what is Lewis' demeanor?
(a) Guarded and reserved.
(b) Angry and belligerent.
(c) Frightened and apologetic.
(d) Giddy and bouyant.
5. As Dr. John Berry recalls past conversations with his friend, Dr. Arthur Lee, what becomes clear?
(a) Dr. Berry's jealousy of Dr. Lee has been hidden well.
(b) Dr. Berry feels he is much less qualified than his friend.
(c) Dr. Lee has been performing abortions.
(d) Dr. Lee has never gone to medical school.
Short Answer Questions
1. The last time that William Randall saw Karen, she had talked Uncle Peter into doing what?
2. What adjective does William Randall use to describe Karen Randall?
3. When Arthur Lee refuses Suzanne Blake's request, she says that she will do what?
4. William Randall tells John Berry that at dinner, the family had teased Karen a bit about what?
5. As Jack Hendricks prepares to do an autopsy on Karen Randall, John is somewhat taken aback by what?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)