|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, Chapters 9 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What example does John give of a disease that is often seen at Boston City Hospital but is practically nonexistent elsewhere?
2. Even though Lewis Carr, clinical professor of medicine at Boston Memorial, declines to talk with John by phone, he does explain what?
(a) That Art had nothing to do with Karen.
(b) That Karen's mother is threatening to sue the hospital.
(c) That Art used to be a well-respected doctor.
(d) That Karen's autopsy is about to take place.
3. Roger Whiting, the intern who tended to Karen Randall at the hospital, had come up with what diagnosis for her?
(c) Brain hemorrhage.
4. When does Dr. Conway always conduct his autopsies?
(a) Early in the morning.
(b) During the busiest part of the day.
(c) Late at night.
(d) In the presence of his superviser.
5. As John stops to watch an open-heart surgical operation, he compares it to what?
(a) A well-rehearsed Broadway play.
(b) A surrealistic ballet.
(c) A baseball game where the points matter.
(d) A scene from an old B movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Dr. John Berry during his busiest time in the pathology lab?
2. William Randall tells John Berry that at dinner, the family had teased Karen a bit about what?
3. What does the person conducting the autopsy on Karen notice about her uterus?
4. Why does John Berry say that Frank Conway's theatrics are tolerated?
5. Art Lee explains to John Berry that he had refused to perform an abortion on Karen Randall because __________.
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)