|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, Chapters 9 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the person conducting Karen's autopsy examines her lungs, what becomes evident?
(a) Her body had reacted to something.
(b) An undetected tumor had been growing.
(c) She had been a heavy smoker.
(d) She had had a bout with pneumonia.
2. Roger Whiting explains to John Berry that Karen Randall's most prominent symptom was what?
(a) Inability to speak.
(b) Inability to see clearly.
(c) Severe back pain.
(d) Severe bleeding.
3. Without being asked, William Randall makes sure that John Berry knows what?
(a) That he is planning to move out of Boston.
(b) That he did not perform an abortion on Karen.
(c) That he is planning to drop out of medical school.
(d) That he does not get along with J.D. Randall.
4. What does the person conducting the autopsy on Karen notice about her uterus?
(a) Part of it has been removed.
(b) It shows signs of multiple pregnancies.
(c) It has an unusual shape.
(d) It is not as large as it should be if she had been pregnant.
5. When was the last time William Randall had seen Karen alive?
(a) A month ago.
(b) A year ago.
(c) The previous Wednesday.
(d) The previous Saturday.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Dr. John Berry recalls past conversations with his friend, Dr. Arthur Lee, what becomes clear?
2. When does Dr. Conway always conduct his autopsies?
3. What example does John give of a disease that is often seen at Boston City Hospital but is practically nonexistent elsewhere?
4. As John stops to watch an open-heart surgical operation, he compares it to what?
5. What do John Berry and Frank Conway discuss when John drives Frank to Children's Hospital?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)