|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, Chapters 9 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John offers several scenarios under which an autopsy would be performed. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons he presents?
(a) The patient dies within a day of arriving at the hospital.
(b) The patient is dead upon arrival at the hospital.
(c) The patient is related to a hospital staff member.
(d) The patient dies under violent or unusual circumstances.
2. Roger Whiting tells John Berry that he had given Karen Randall penicillin __________.
(a) Because her mother said she had no drug allergies.
(b) When he really meant to prescribe steroids instead.
(c) Because she had demanded it.
(d) Without first consulting her medical charts.
3. The person conducting Karen's autopsy determines that the source of her bleeding was what?
(a) A hole in her uterus.
(b) A head wound sustained in a fall.
(c) A hole in her stomach.
(d) An abdominal stab wound.
4. When John Berry tells Arthur Lee that continuing to perform abortions is insane, Lee defends himself by saying what?
(a) It is often the humane answer.
(b) The police are in on it.
(c) Everyone in the hospital knows what he is doing.
(d) Women's lives are complicated.
5. As John stops to watch an open-heart surgical operation, he compares it to what?
(a) A well-rehearsed Broadway play.
(b) A scene from an old B movie.
(c) A surrealistic ballet.
(d) A baseball game where the points matter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jim Murphy agrees to John's request on what condition?
2. In John's commentary on Boston City Hospital, he explains that the facility __________.
3. When William Randall speaks of Ev, to whom is he referring?
4. What happens when John Berry arrives at the police station and requests to see Dr. Lee?
5. Who has been switching tissue samples in the lab in order to help Art Lee?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)