|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monday, Chapters 9 through 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John goes looking for Karen's chart, he learns that it is in the possession of whom?
(a) The private investigator.
(b) Her father.
(c) The police.
(d) Her stepmother.
2. According to Carr, who called the police after Karen's death?
(a) Her doctor.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her stepmother.
(d) Her best friend.
3. Art Lee explains to John Berry that he had refused to perform an abortion on Karen Randall because __________.
(a) He thought it was a trap.
(b) Her reasons for wanting one were frivolous.
(c) Her pregnancy was already four months along.
(d) He was afraid of her father.
4. Art Lee tells John Berry that when Karen Randall left his office, he was under the impression that she __________.
(a) Was relieved that he refused to do an abortion.
(b) Had decided to give her child up for adoption.
(c) Had decided to have her baby.
(d) Was going to have an abortion in another country.
5. How does John Berry react to Roger Whiting's self-pity?
(a) He wants to hug Roger and tell him it will be alright.
(b) He wants to tell Roger to get used to making mistakes.
(c) He feels like laughing out loud, but holds back.
(d) He tells Roger that he should move to another city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Typically, when is John Berry's busiest time in the pathology lab?
2. How does Roger Whiting respond when John Berry asks him if he plans to settle in Boston?
3. What adjective does William Randall use to describe Karen Randall?
4. What does the doctor performing the autopsy on Karen conclude about a possible abortion?
5. Lewis Carr tells John that according to her stepmother, Karen had named Art Lee as __________.
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)