|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tuesday, Chapters 8 through 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John say in response to the Randall family's belief that Karen had paid Art Lee three hundred dollars for an abortion?
(a) Art accepts no money whatsoever for doing an abortion.
(b) The family needs to stop framing Art.
(c) Art always charges twenty-five dollars only to cover lab costs.
(d) It would be easy to trace the check and see who had cashed it.
2. William Randall tells John Berry that at dinner, the family had teased Karen a bit about what?
(a) Putting on a few extra pounds.
(b) Dating a guy she had previously dumped.
(c) Spending all her money and needing more.
(d) Getting a grade of C in P.E.
3. How does John describe Norton Francis Hammond?
(a) The hope of the future of medicine.
(b) A narcissistic drama king.
(c) One of the best attorneys in all of Boston.
(d) Someone who can never be trusted.
4. When John Berry tells Arthur Lee that continuing to perform abortions is insane, Lee defends himself by saying what?
(a) Women's lives are complicated.
(b) Everyone in the hospital knows what he is doing.
(c) It is often the humane answer.
(d) The police are in on it.
5. At Smith College, how does John get past the receptionist in the dorm rooms?
(a) He claims to be Karen's uncle.
(b) He bribes her with compliments.
(c) He claims to be Karen's doctor.
(d) He bribes her with chocolate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Roger Whiting, the intern who tended to Karen Randall at the hospital, had come up with what diagnosis for her?
2. After meeting with Art in jail, John calls his wife, Judith, and asks her to do what?
3. What does John want Jim Murphy to do?
4. When John finds a regular bottle of prescription medicine in Karen's room, what does he do?
5. What happens when John Berry arrives at the police station and requests to see Dr. Lee?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)