|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tuesday, Chapters 8 through 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John say in response to the Randall family's belief that Karen had paid Art Lee three hundred dollars for an abortion?
(a) It would be easy to trace the check and see who had cashed it.
(b) The family needs to stop framing Art.
(c) Art always charges twenty-five dollars only to cover lab costs.
(d) Art accepts no money whatsoever for doing an abortion.
2. The last time that William Randall saw Karen, she had talked Uncle Peter into doing what?
(a) Lending her fifty dollars.
(b) Taking her to the movies.
(c) Taking her to the museum.
(d) Lending her his car.
3. Roger Whiting tells John Berry that he had given Karen Randall penicillin __________.
(a) Without first consulting her medical charts.
(b) Because her mother said she had no drug allergies.
(c) When he really meant to prescribe steroids instead.
(d) Because she had demanded it.
4. How does Roger Whiting respond when John Berry asks him if he plans to settle in Boston?
(b) "Are you joking?"
(d) "I was."
5. When John Berry tells Arthur Lee that continuing to perform abortions is insane, Lee defends himself by saying what?
(a) It is often the humane answer.
(b) Everyone in the hospital knows what he is doing.
(c) The police are in on it.
(d) Women's lives are complicated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when John Berry arrives at the police station and requests to see Dr. Lee?
2. When John goes looking for Karen's chart, he learns that it is in the possession of whom?
3. The police sergeant allows John Berry in to see Dr. Lee after he mistakenly thinks what?
4. After Karen's autopsy, John pays a visit to Jim Murphy. Who is Jim?
5. At the gathering at George Morris' home, Judith wishes that there was less medical jargon and more __________.
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)