|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tuesday, Chapters 8 through 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John meets with Dr. Peter Randall in his lab, what does he learn?
(a) Karen had secretly left the country for three months.
(b) Karen had secretly married and divorced.
(c) J.D. is mad at John for talking with Ev.
(d) Ev is mad at John for talking with J.D.
2. What happens when John Berry arrives at the police station and requests to see Dr. Lee?
(a) He is refused admittance.
(b) He is almost arrested.
(c) He is greeted warmly.
(d) He is told to come back later.
3. Roger Whiting, the intern who tended to Karen Randall at the hospital, had come up with what diagnosis for her?
(d) Brain hemorrhage.
4. Who supposedly lives with Sam Archer?
5. When John Berry tells Arthur Lee that continuing to perform abortions is insane, Lee defends himself by saying what?
(a) Women's lives are complicated.
(b) It is often the humane answer.
(c) The police are in on it.
(d) Everyone in the hospital knows what he is doing.
Short Answer Questions
1. At Smith College, how does John get past the receptionist in the dorm rooms?
2. How does John describe Norton Francis Hammond?
3. After Mrs. McPherson dies during heart surgery, how long does the surgeon spend trying to revive her?
4. After Mrs. McPherson dies during heart surgery, her surgeon says he does not know what?
5. According to Carr, who called the police after Karen's death?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)