|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tuesday, Chapters 8 through 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John Berry react to Roger Whiting's self-pity?
(a) He wants to hug Roger and tell him it will be alright.
(b) He feels like laughing out loud, but holds back.
(c) He tells Roger that he should move to another city.
(d) He wants to tell Roger to get used to making mistakes.
2. Typically, when is John Berry's busiest time in the pathology lab?
(a) Right before midnight.
(b) Right before lunchtime.
(c) During the early hours of the morning.
(d) During the late afternoon.
3. When John speaks with George Bradford, what does he realize?
(a) George is about to retire.
(b) George cares only about money.
(c) George believes Art is guilty.
(d) George is incompetent.
4. John tries to call Sam but discovers what?
(a) That Sam has moved to another neighborhood.
(b) That Sam does not speak English.
(c) That Sam works the night shift.
(d) That Sam's phone has been disconnected.
5. What type of work does Dr. John Berry typically perform in the pathology lab?
(a) He analyzes X-rays.
(b) He gives second opinions.
(c) He isolates viruses.
(d) He analyzes tissue samples.
Short Answer Questions
1. As John stops to watch an open-heart surgical operation, he compares it to what?
2. Suzanne Blake seeks Arthur Lee because she wants him to do what?
3. As John talks with people who had known Karen, what name starts to pop up?
4. Even though Lewis Carr, clinical professor of medicine at Boston Memorial, declines to talk with John by phone, he does explain what?
5. Why does Karen's roommate agree to answer John's questions?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)