|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tuesday, Chapters 8 through 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does J.D. Randall reply when John Berry asks what he would have done if Karen had told him she was pregnant?
(a) He calls John an insolent jerk.
(b) He tells John to shut up.
(c) He begins to cry quietly.
(d) He says there is no point in speculating.
2. Art Lee tells John Berry that when Karen Randall left his office, he was under the impression that she __________.
(a) Had decided to have her baby.
(b) Was relieved that he refused to do an abortion.
(c) Was going to have an abortion in another country.
(d) Had decided to give her child up for adoption.
3. As Dr. John Berry recalls past conversations with his friend, Dr. Arthur Lee, what becomes clear?
(a) Dr. Lee has never gone to medical school.
(b) Dr. Berry feels he is much less qualified than his friend.
(c) Dr. Lee has been performing abortions.
(d) Dr. Berry's jealousy of Dr. Lee has been hidden well.
4. Lewis Carr tells John that according to her stepmother, Karen had named Art Lee as __________.
(a) Her drug supplier.
(b) The one who talked her out of an abortion.
(c) The abortionist.
(d) Her boyfriend.
5. Who is Fritz Werner?
(a) Judith's boss and mentor.
(b) One of Karen's old boyfriends.
(c) J.D. Randall's closest friend and ally.
(d) A psychiatrist who might be able to help John.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John want Jim Murphy to do?
2. John tries to call Sam but discovers what?
3. Norton tells John that it would be interesting if what happened at the pharmacy was related to what?
4. When John goes to Smith College to investigate more about Karen, he speaks with Karen's roommate. What is her name?
5. Roger Whiting, the intern who tended to Karen Randall at the hospital, had come up with what diagnosis for her?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)