Monday, Chapters 1 through 3
• Frank Conway enters the pathology lab complaining loudly, blaming the anesthesiologist for the death of his surgery patient.
• John Berry, who is working in the lab, listens to the rants and finds it ironic that Conway never blames himself.
• The patient, Mrs. McPherson, died during heart surgery and could not be revived even though her heart was massaged for thirty-five minutes.
• Conway says he does not know how to tell her four children and muses that he should have become a dermatologist instead of a heart surgeon.
• He reserves an autopsy table for that night.
• During his busiest morning hours of analyzing tissue samples, John Berry receives a call from his wife, Judith.
• She tells him that physician Art Lee has been arrested.
• John recalls a conversation he once had had with Art about abortion, which is illegal in the particular setting of this...
This section contains 2,692 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)