Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Benjamin offer Paulo to drink?
2. Who is Mrs. Grales?
3. What does Asian radio say about the destruction of Texarkana?
4. What does Joshua's data show?
5. What does Cors do when he breaks his promise to the abbot?
Discuss the Old Jew.
Part 1) What is the Old Jew's true identity? Can you make a case for more than one possible identity? What evidence is there for his identity?
Part 2) What role does he play in the story? Why is he in all three parts of the novel?
The novel contains many objects that take on meaning and importance to the characters. Choose one of the following characters and objects and discuss the significance of the object to that character.
1) Discuss the significance of Leibowitz's blueprint to Francis.
2) Discuss the significance of the Poet's eye to the Poet.
3) Discuss the significance of the wooden statue of Leibowitz to the three abbots.
Discuss leadership in the novel. What qualities make for a good leader? Discuss both political leaders and religious leaders portrayed in the book. How do their leadership styles and beliefs lead to success and failure, both personally and for the communities they lead?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)