|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Taddeo think the monks may react to his ideas?
(a) He thinks that they will be welcoming but skeptical.
(b) He is afraid they will be offended.
(c) He thinks none of them could understand, even in simple language.
(d) He thinks they will all praise him.
2. How many people die in the first nine days after Texarkana is bombed?
(b) 2.8 million
(d) 280 million
3. What happens during Mrs. Grayles' confession?
(a) a missile attack
(b) the arrival of a messenger with news of peace
(c) an earthquake
(d) the arrival of military troops
4. For whom does Paulo think Benjamin is waiting?
(b) the Messiah
5. How does Zerchi respond to news reports about the nuclear crisis?
(a) He is cautiously optimistic.
(b) He trusts God to save him.
(c) He is complacent.
(d) He is enraged.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rachel?
2. How does Taddeo greet Paulo?
3. What does Zerchi do to Cors after the girl and her baby go to the mercy camp?
4. What does the mythological Blackeneth do?
5. Who does Zerchi take to town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What power does New Rome give Joshua's colony, in the event of the destruction of the Earth?
2. Describe Zerchi's dream about Rachel.
3. How does Mad Bear view Taddeo's party?
4. What makes Paulo lose hope that Taddeo might be able to intervene to prevent the upcoming war?
5. Why can't Cors keep his promise to Zerchi?
6. What is Gault afraid is Hannegan's intention for the abbey?
7. What might lead the reader to believe Benjamin's story about his age?
8. Why doesn't Taddeo want to alienate Hannegan?
9. What is Armbruster's attitude toward books and toward Taddeo's studies?
10. What is the implication of Rachel refusing baptism?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)