|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many priests does the abbey send on the mission?
2. Who does Hannegan issue a decree condemning?
(b) the Pope
(c) the Poet
3. After the war, what does Hannegan do to Apollo?
(a) exiles him
(b) enslaves him
(c) executes him
(d) releases him
4. To what does Taddeo compare the Poet?
(a) a wise king
(b) the Tower of Babbel
(c) a court jester
(d) a mad king
5. What does the statue at the mercy camp resemble?
(a) the President
(b) the Old Jew
(c) a weeping mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Taddeo believe the monks have done?
2. What does Joshua's data show?
3. What does Zerchi ask Cors to do, in order to get permission to use the abbey's land?
4. What name does the Old Jew go by in Chapter 25?
5. What does the mythological Blackeneth do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What power does New Rome give Joshua's colony, in the event of the destruction of the Earth?
2. What is the literary style of the story of the Flame Deluge read to Taddeo at the beginning of Chapter 18?
3. Why doesn't Taddeo want to alienate Hannegan?
4. What is the implication of Rachel refusing baptism?
5. What is the likely reason Taddeo does not arrive on time at the monastery?
6. Describe Mad Bear's political plans.
7. Why have nuclear weapons been banned?
8. What makes Paulo lose hope that Taddeo might be able to intervene to prevent the upcoming war?
9. Why is Paulo opposed to euthanasia?
10. Why do the Poet's jokes cause so much upset at the dinner?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)