|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens during Mrs. Grayles' confession?
(a) a missile attack
(b) the arrival of a messenger with news of peace
(c) an earthquake
(d) the arrival of military troops
2. What does the APLAC do to Zerchi's data?
(a) loses it
(b) falsifies it
(c) burns it
(d) reverses it
3. To what does Taddeo compare the Poet?
(a) a court jester
(b) a mad king
(c) a wise king
(d) the Tower of Babbel
4. What does Taddeo suspect surviving mankind might be?
(a) an experiment accidentally let loose in the world
(b) a servant species created by a higher civilization
(c) a mutation caused by radiation
(d) a regression to an earlier stage of evolution
5. Who enters the dining hall at the end of Chapter 20 to see Taddeo?
(a) the Poet
(b) a messenger from Hannegan
(c) the Old Jew
(d) the Pope
Short Answer Questions
1. How many priests does the abbey send on the mission?
2. Who is with Taddeo when he arrives?
3. What does the statue at the mercy camp resemble?
4. What is the Vatican's response?
5. Why does Taddeo prefer the fragile original documents to the copies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Zerchi required to practice what he preaches about suffering and euthanasia?
2. What is the implication of Rachel refusing baptism?
3. What makes Paulo lose hope that Taddeo might be able to intervene to prevent the upcoming war?
4. Why does Taddeo think Kornhoer would be valuable to him?
5. What is the purpose of Quo peregrinaqtur grex?
6. What is the likely reason Taddeo does not arrive on time at the monastery?
7. What story does Zerchi tell the dying woman, to convince her not to kill herself and her child?
8. Why does Paulo feel like a shoemaker in a village of shoemakers?
9. Who is eligible for euthanasia?
10. What is Gault afraid is Hannegan's intention for the abbey?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)