|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zerchi respond to news reports about the nuclear crisis?
(a) He is complacent.
(b) He is enraged.
(c) He trusts God to save him.
(d) He is cautiously optimistic.
2. What does the statue at the mercy camp resemble?
(a) the Old Jew
(b) the President
(c) a weeping mother
3. What is the Vatican's response?
(a) to begin peace talks with Hannegan
(b) to promise Hannegan gold to guarantee peace
(c) to issue an interdict against Hannegan
(d) to send in Vatican forces
4. Why does Taddeo prefer the fragile original documents to the copies?
(a) The copies have faded worse over time than the originals.
(b) The original documents can be carbon dated.
(c) The copyists were not always accurate.
(d) Though the originals are fraile, the copies are even more delicate.
5. About what do Dr. Cors and Zerchi disagree?
(a) nuclear war
(d) how deadly radiation is
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paulo feel about Taddeo's approaching visit?
2. What does Paulo tell Kornhoer?
3. How many people die in the first nine days after Texarkana is bombed?
4. How does Taddeo think the monks may react to his ideas?
5. Why doesn't Mrs. Grayles go to Father Selo for confession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is eligible for euthanasia?
2. Why is the APLAC a necessary device?
3. What makes Paulo lose hope that Taddeo might be able to intervene to prevent the upcoming war?
4. What might lead the reader to believe Benjamin's story about his age?
5. What power does New Rome give Joshua's colony, in the event of the destruction of the Earth?
6. Why have nuclear weapons been banned?
7. What story does Zerchi tell the dying woman, to convince her not to kill herself and her child?
8. Why can't Cors keep his promise to Zerchi?
9. What is the implication of Rachel refusing baptism?
10. Why doesn't Taddeo want to alienate Hannegan?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)