|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Zerchi react to Mercy Camp Number 18 being set up down the road?
(a) He plans to sabotage the camp.
(b) He orders monks to picket in protest.
(c) He talks with Cors and is convinced the camp is needed.
(d) He turns a blind eye to the camp.
2. What does the APLAC do to Zerchi's data?
(a) falsifies it
(b) loses it
(c) reverses it
(d) burns it
3. What does Zerchi do to Cors after the girl and her baby go to the mercy camp?
(a) He hits him.
(b) He promises to allow him access to the abbey.
(c) He excommunicates him.
(d) He forgives him.
4. What does the shaman admire about the monks?
(a) how well they battle
(b) how craftily they avoid capture
(c) how well they endure torture
(d) how delicious they taste
5. Why does Mad Bear stop raiding Hannegan?
(a) to plan a larger assault
(b) to stop upcoming war
(c) to encourage peace and joint prosperity
(d) in exchange for weapons and supplies
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Taddeo responded to the Memorabilia?
2. What do the Asians claim the nuclear detonation is?
3. How does the Poet die?
4. What does Sister Helene interrupt Joshua doing?
5. Whose skull does Zerchi see as he lays dying?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the legend of Leibowitz's death.
2. Why is the APLAC a necessary device?
3. What is Gault afraid is Hannegan's intention for the abbey?
4. What angers Paulo about the news of the governments' reactions to the nuclear incident?
5. What is the literary style of the story of the Flame Deluge read to Taddeo at the beginning of Chapter 18?
6. Why have nuclear weapons been banned?
7. How does Mad Bear view Taddeo's party?
8. What is Paulo's primary concern at the onset of war?
9. What shocks the abbot most about Kornhoer's invention?
10. What story does Zerchi tell the dying woman, to convince her not to kill herself and her child?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)