|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paulo say Taddeo's evidence comes from?
(b) a play or fictional dialog
(c) a mistranslation
(d) a science fiction novel of the 20th century
2. What does Joshua think he hears in the rose garden?
(a) a bird
(b) a voice
(c) a snake
(d) a rat
3. What does the statue at the mercy camp resemble?
(a) a weeping mother
(c) the Old Jew
(d) the President
4. To what does Taddeo compare the Poet?
(a) a mad king
(b) a wise king
(c) the Tower of Babbel
(d) a court jester
5. What does Tadeo offer to do after the war begins?
(a) give the monks an escapte route
(b) leave the abbey
(c) petition Hannegan for peace
(d) fight anyone who invades the abbey
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rachel?
2. What might prevent Joshua and the monks from taking off in their spaceship?
3. What does Zerchi do to Cors after the girl and her baby go to the mercy camp?
4. Why does Mad Bear stop raiding Hannegan?
5. What does Asian radio say about the destruction of Texarkana?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Paulo's primary concern at the onset of war?
2. Why do the Poet's jokes cause so much upset at the dinner?
3. What story does Zerchi tell the dying woman, to convince her not to kill herself and her child?
4. Describe Zerchi's dream about Rachel.
5. Why is Paulo opposed to euthanasia?
6. Describe the legend of Leibowitz's death.
7. Describe Mad Bear's political plans.
8. Who is eligible for euthanasia?
9. How does Mad Bear view Taddeo's party?
10. Why does Taddeo think Kornhoer would be valuable to him?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)