|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rachel?
(a) Mrs. Grales' second head
(b) Mrs. Grales' niece
(c) Mrs. Grales' sister
(d) Mrs. Grales' daughter
2. How does Zerchi react to Mercy Camp Number 18 being set up down the road?
(a) He talks with Cors and is convinced the camp is needed.
(b) He plans to sabotage the camp.
(c) He turns a blind eye to the camp.
(d) He orders monks to picket in protest.
3. What does Mad Bear rule?
(a) the Barbarian clans
(b) the Plains clans
(c) the Mountain clans
(d) the Plateau clans
4. Where does the Church plan to send a mission to preserve humanity?
(a) Alpha Centauri
(d) the moon
5. What does Paulo do to make the Poet shut up?
(a) kicks him out of the abbey
(b) puts a hand oveer the Poet's mouth
(c) takes his artificial eye
(d) steps on his foot
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tadeo offer to do after the war begins?
2. How long are the enemy cities bombed in the myth of the Flame Deluge?
3. To whom does Paulo compare the smile on the statue of Leibowitz?
4. What does Sister Helene interrupt Joshua doing?
5. What does Paulo say Taddeo's evidence comes from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of Quo peregrinaqtur grex?
2. What angers Paulo about the news of the governments' reactions to the nuclear incident?
3. What is Gault afraid is Hannegan's intention for the abbey?
4. Why have nuclear weapons been banned?
5. Describe Zerchi's dream about Rachel.
6. What shocks the abbot most about Kornhoer's invention?
7. How is Zerchi required to practice what he preaches about suffering and euthanasia?
8. Describe Mad Bear's political plans.
9. What makes Paulo lose hope that Taddeo might be able to intervene to prevent the upcoming war?
10. What is Armbruster's attitude toward books and toward Taddeo's studies?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)