|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paulo do to make the Poet shut up?
(a) kicks him out of the abbey
(b) takes his artificial eye
(c) steps on his foot
(d) puts a hand oveer the Poet's mouth
2. Who is Rachel?
(a) Mrs. Grales' daughter
(b) Mrs. Grales' sister
(c) Mrs. Grales' second head
(d) Mrs. Grales' niece
3. What does Joshua think he hears in the rose garden?
(a) a voice
(b) a rat
(c) a snake
(d) a bird
4. How long are the enemy cities bombed in the myth of the Flame Deluge?
(a) nine days and nights
(b) three days and nights
(c) five days and nights
(d) seven days and nights
5. What does Benjamin say the sign outside his tent means?
(a) "Beware of Dogs"
(b) "Stormy Weather Ahead"
(c) "Tents Mended Here"
(d) "Fortunes Told Inside"
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Taddeo react to Kornhoer's invention?
2. How does the Poet die?
3. What does the shaman admire about the monks?
4. Why does Taddeo prefer the fragile original documents to the copies?
5. How long is the war between Hannegan and Laredo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the literary style of the story of the Flame Deluge read to Taddeo at the beginning of Chapter 18?
2. How does Mad Bear view Taddeo's party?
3. What makes Paulo lose hope that Taddeo might be able to intervene to prevent the upcoming war?
4. Describe Mad Bear's political plans.
5. Describe the legend of Leibowitz's death.
6. What is Gault afraid is Hannegan's intention for the abbey?
7. Why does Paulo feel like a shoemaker in a village of shoemakers?
8. What is the purpose of Quo peregrinaqtur grex?
9. What shocks the abbot most about Kornhoer's invention?
10. Describe Zerchi's dream about Rachel.
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)