|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Taddeo compare the Poet?
(a) a mad king
(b) the Tower of Babbel
(c) a wise king
(d) a court jester
2. Who steals one of the officers' drawings?
(c) the Poet
3. Why does Taddeo want the measurement of how deep the wood is worn down at the entrance to the refectory?
(a) to have evidence of how many monks passed through over how many years
(b) to find out the average weight of the monks over the years
(c) as evidence of how well cared for the abbey is
(d) to find out if there are forgotten secret passages in the abbey
4. Wat does Taddeo accuse the monks of doing?
(a) withholding knowledge from mankind
(b) forgetting their origins
(c) secretly organizing against Hannegan
(d) trying to keep him at the abbey
5. Whose skull does Zerchi see as he lays dying?
(b) the Old Jew's
(c) the Poet's
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sister Helene interrupt Joshua doing?
2. What does the Defense Minister say about reports of increased radiation levels and nuclear testing?
3. What does the statue at the mercy camp resemble?
4. Why is Zerchi late to give Mrs. Grales confession?
5. What does Zerchi ask Cors to do, in order to get permission to use the abbey's land?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the likely reason Taddeo does not arrive on time at the monastery?
2. What story does Zerchi tell the dying woman, to convince her not to kill herself and her child?
3. Why does the idea that mankind is a servant race created by a society of betters appeal to Taddeo?
4. What is the implication of Rachel refusing baptism?
5. Describe Mad Bear's political plans.
6. Describe Zerchi's dream about Rachel.
7. What might lead the reader to believe Benjamin's story about his age?
8. What shocks the abbot most about Kornhoer's invention?
9. What is Gault afraid is Hannegan's intention for the abbey?
10. Why does Paulo feel like a shoemaker in a village of shoemakers?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)