|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens during Mrs. Grayles' confession?
(a) a missile attack
(b) the arrival of a messenger with news of peace
(c) the arrival of military troops
(d) an earthquake
2. What does Asian radio say about the destruction of Texarkana?
(a) The missle came from the moon.
(b) An errant Atlantic missile is responsible.
(c) They have know knowledge of the origin of the missle.
(d) The missle came from an orbiting satellite.
3. What does Rachel give to Zerchi?
(d) food and water
4. What might prevent Joshua and the monks from taking off in their spaceship?
(a) The spaceship is untested and might not fly.
(b) The monks will likely back out at the last minute.
(c) The government might revoke the Church's right to its own space missions.
(d) The Church will likely change its mind about the mission.
5. Why is Zerchi late to give Mrs. Grales confession?
(a) He must post bail.
(b) He forgets about the appointment.
(c) He must make his own confession.
(d) He must calm down the other monks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Taddeo think the monks may react to his ideas?
2. Wat does Taddeo accuse the monks of doing?
3. How does Paulo feel about Taddeo's approaching visit?
4. What does the police officer give Zerchi?
5. After the war, what does Hannegan do to Apollo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the APLAC a necessary device?
2. Describe the legend of Leibowitz's death.
3. Why does Paulo feel like a shoemaker in a village of shoemakers?
4. How is Zerchi required to practice what he preaches about suffering and euthanasia?
5. What might lead the reader to believe Benjamin's story about his age?
6. What power does New Rome give Joshua's colony, in the event of the destruction of the Earth?
7. What is the literary style of the story of the Flame Deluge read to Taddeo at the beginning of Chapter 18?
8. Who is eligible for euthanasia?
9. What shocks the abbot most about Kornhoer's invention?
10. Why can't Cors keep his promise to Zerchi?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)