|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Taddeo greet Paulo?
(b) with a present
(d) with dozens of questions
2. What is Mad Bear's attitude toward Taddeo?
3. What does the APLAC do to Zerchi's data?
(a) falsifies it
(b) reverses it
(c) burns it
(d) loses it
4. How does Zerchi respond to news reports about the nuclear crisis?
(a) He is enraged.
(b) He is cautiously optimistic.
(c) He trusts God to save him.
(d) He is complacent.
5. Why does Mad Bear stop raiding Hannegan?
(a) to plan a larger assault
(b) to stop upcoming war
(c) to encourage peace and joint prosperity
(d) in exchange for weapons and supplies
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Paulo think Benjamin is waiting?
2. What behavior of Taddeo's party worries Paulo?
3. What name does the Old Jew go by in Chapter 25?
4. How does Paulo treat the Old Jew?
5. What does Taddeo believe the monks have done?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mad Bear's political plans.
2. How is Zerchi required to practice what he preaches about suffering and euthanasia?
3. What is the likely reason Taddeo does not arrive on time at the monastery?
4. What power does New Rome give Joshua's colony, in the event of the destruction of the Earth?
5. What is the literary style of the story of the Flame Deluge read to Taddeo at the beginning of Chapter 18?
6. Why does Paulo feel like a shoemaker in a village of shoemakers?
7. What is Gault afraid is Hannegan's intention for the abbey?
8. Why does the idea that mankind is a servant race created by a society of betters appeal to Taddeo?
9. What is Paulo's primary concern at the onset of war?
10. What might lead the reader to believe Benjamin's story about his age?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)