|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Grales want the abbot to do?
(a) take Rachel off the planet
(b) baptize Rachel
(c) give Rachel a last confession
(d) give Rachel communion
2. Why doesn't Mrs. Grayles go to Father Selo for confession?
(a) Father Selo has died.
(b) Mrs. Grayles is embarrassed to confess to Father Selo.
(c) Mrs. Grayles doesn't like Father Selo.
(d) One of her sins has to do with Father Selo.
3. What does Hannegan do when the Vatican warns Hannegan's enemy about the coming war?
(a) declares war on New Rome
(b) arrests Monsignor Apollo
(c) exiles Monsignor Apollo
(d) breaks Monsignor Apollo's arms
4. Why is Paulo fasting?
(a) because he is praying for peace
(b) because he knows the abbey is short on food
(c) because of his stomach problems
(d) because he is too worried to eat
5. What behavior of Taddeo's party worries Paulo?
(a) the party pushing around the monks
(b) the officers making drawings of the abbey's defenses
(c) the officers refusing to allow the lower ranked party members to eat
(d) heavy drinking and dancing
Short Answer Questions
1. What does God do to the prince in the myth of the Flame Deluge?
2. After the war, what does Hannegan do to Apollo?
3. What does Zerchi ask Cors to do, in order to get permission to use the abbey's land?
4. How long are the enemy cities bombed in the myth of the Flame Deluge?
5. What does Taddeo suspect surviving mankind might be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What shocks the abbot most about Kornhoer's invention?
2. Why can't Cors keep his promise to Zerchi?
3. What is the implication of Rachel refusing baptism?
4. What might lead the reader to believe Benjamin's story about his age?
5. What is the purpose of Quo peregrinaqtur grex?
6. What is the likely reason Taddeo does not arrive on time at the monastery?
7. What is Gault afraid is Hannegan's intention for the abbey?
8. Why does the idea that mankind is a servant race created by a society of betters appeal to Taddeo?
9. What power does New Rome give Joshua's colony, in the event of the destruction of the Earth?
10. Why doesn't Taddeo want to alienate Hannegan?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)