|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what do Dr. Cors and Zerchi disagree?
(a) nuclear war
(b) how deadly radiation is
2. What behavior of Taddeo's party worries Paulo?
(a) the party pushing around the monks
(b) heavy drinking and dancing
(c) the officers refusing to allow the lower ranked party members to eat
(d) the officers making drawings of the abbey's defenses
3. What does the Old Jew, Benjamin, do when Paulo comes to return his goat?
(a) He rewards Paulo for returning the goat.
(b) He makes a bet with Paulo over the goat.
(c) He refuses to take the goat back.
(d) He takes the goat back without thanks.
4. What might prevent Joshua and the monks from taking off in their spaceship?
(a) The Church will likely change its mind about the mission.
(b) The spaceship is untested and might not fly.
(c) The government might revoke the Church's right to its own space missions.
(d) The monks will likely back out at the last minute.
5. For whom does Paulo think Benjamin is waiting?
(a) the Messiah
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the statue at the mercy camp resemble?
2. What does Taddeo suspect surviving mankind might be?
3. How does Taddeo react to the stories of monks who have died or gone blind preserving the Memorabilia?
4. How many monks does it take to run the invention?
5. To whom does Paulo compare the smile on the statue of Leibowitz?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Paulo opposed to euthanasia?
2. What is Armbruster's attitude toward books and toward Taddeo's studies?
3. Describe Zerchi's dream about Rachel.
4. What is Paulo's primary concern at the onset of war?
5. What is the purpose of Quo peregrinaqtur grex?
6. Describe the legend of Leibowitz's death.
7. What is the literary style of the story of the Flame Deluge read to Taddeo at the beginning of Chapter 18?
8. What story does Zerchi tell the dying woman, to convince her not to kill herself and her child?
9. What is the implication of Rachel refusing baptism?
10. How is Zerchi required to practice what he preaches about suffering and euthanasia?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)