|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose skull does Zerchi see as he lays dying?
(a) the Poet's
(c) the Old Jew's
2. Where does the Church plan to send a mission to preserve humanity?
(b) the moon
(c) Alpha Centauri
3. What does Taddeo give Paulo before he leaves?
(a) a pouch full of gold
(b) a transistor from before the Great Deluge
(c) a warning about Hannegan
(d) the officers' sketches of the abbey
4. What does Taddeo suspect surviving mankind might be?
(a) a mutation caused by radiation
(b) a servant species created by a higher civilization
(c) a regression to an earlier stage of evolution
(d) an experiment accidentally let loose in the world
5. What does the statue at the mercy camp resemble?
(b) the President
(c) a weeping mother
(d) the Old Jew
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the King of Loredo?
2. What does Joshua think he hears in the rose garden?
3. How long is the war between Hannegan and Laredo?
4. What does the mythological Blackeneth do?
5. What does Benjamin offer Paulo to drink?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the legend of Leibowitz's death.
2. What might lead the reader to believe Benjamin's story about his age?
3. Why does Taddeo think Kornhoer would be valuable to him?
4. Why does Paulo feel like a shoemaker in a village of shoemakers?
5. What is the literary style of the story of the Flame Deluge read to Taddeo at the beginning of Chapter 18?
6. Why do the Poet's jokes cause so much upset at the dinner?
7. Who is eligible for euthanasia?
8. Why is Paulo opposed to euthanasia?
9. Describe Mad Bear's political plans.
10. What is Armbruster's attitude toward books and toward Taddeo's studies?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)