|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the statue at the mercy camp resemble?
(b) the Old Jew
(c) a weeping mother
(d) the President
2. What does Tadeo offer to do after the war begins?
(a) leave the abbey
(b) fight anyone who invades the abbey
(c) petition Hannegan for peace
(d) give the monks an escapte route
3. Why does Mad Bear stop raiding Hannegan?
(a) in exchange for weapons and supplies
(b) to encourage peace and joint prosperity
(c) to plan a larger assault
(d) to stop upcoming war
4. What does Cors do when he breaks his promise to the abbot?
(a) confesses and promises not to lapse again
(b) keeps it a secret
(c) confesses and offers to leave
(d) tries to trick the abbot into believing someone else did it
5. Who is with Taddeo when he arrives?
(a) a half-dozen of Hannegan's men
(b) a contingent of Hannegan's men and Taddeo's companions
(c) no one
(d) Taddeo's two dozen companions
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rachel?
2. What does the Defense Minister say about reports of increased radiation levels and nuclear testing?
3. How many priests does the abbey send on the mission?
4. How will the Church transport the Memorabilia?
5. What does a red tag given by the Green Star Relief Station give a person the right to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of Quo peregrinaqtur grex?
2. How is Zerchi required to practice what he preaches about suffering and euthanasia?
3. What is the likely reason Taddeo does not arrive on time at the monastery?
4. What power does New Rome give Joshua's colony, in the event of the destruction of the Earth?
5. What is the literary style of the story of the Flame Deluge read to Taddeo at the beginning of Chapter 18?
6. Who is eligible for euthanasia?
7. What is Paulo's primary concern at the onset of war?
8. What story does Zerchi tell the dying woman, to convince her not to kill herself and her child?
9. What angers Paulo about the news of the governments' reactions to the nuclear incident?
10. Why does the idea that mankind is a servant race created by a society of betters appeal to Taddeo?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)