|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many monks does it take to run the invention?
2. How many priests does the abbey send on the mission?
3. What is Thon Maho Makh investigating?
(a) the effects of nuclear radiation on humanity
(b) the beginning of the solar system
(c) the possible existence of a lost pocket of civilization
(d) evolution and the origin of humanity
4. What does Joshua think he hears in the rose garden?
(a) a bird
(b) a rat
(c) a snake
(d) a voice
5. What does the APLAC do to Zerchi's data?
(a) loses it
(b) reverses it
(c) falsifies it
(d) burns it
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zerchi respond to news reports about the nuclear crisis?
2. What does the Old Jew, Benjamin, do when Paulo comes to return his goat?
3. What does the statue at the mercy camp resemble?
4. What does Joshua's data show?
5. What does the police officer give Zerchi?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Poet's jokes cause so much upset at the dinner?
2. Why is Paulo opposed to euthanasia?
3. Why doesn't Taddeo want to alienate Hannegan?
4. How is Zerchi required to practice what he preaches about suffering and euthanasia?
5. What is the literary style of the story of the Flame Deluge read to Taddeo at the beginning of Chapter 18?
6. Why does Paulo feel like a shoemaker in a village of shoemakers?
7. What angers Paulo about the news of the governments' reactions to the nuclear incident?
8. What is the likely reason Taddeo does not arrive on time at the monastery?
9. Why does Taddeo think Kornhoer would be valuable to him?
10. What is Armbruster's attitude toward books and toward Taddeo's studies?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)