|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Zerchi take to town?
(a) a dying girl and her suffering baby
(c) Mrs. Grayles and Rachel
(d) three of his monks
2. What is Thon Esser Shon trying to create?
(b) a solar battery
(c) a black hole
(d) living protoplasm
3. What does God do to the prince in the myth of the Flame Deluge?
(a) banishes him to Purgatory
(b) slays him
(c) saves him when the prince repents
(d) sentences him to walk the Earth eternally
4. How does the Poet die?
(a) He is hanged for treason.
(b) He commits suicide.
(c) He runs out of water while he is lost in the desert.
(d) He is shot while stabbing an officer who is trying to capture refugees.
5. How long is the war between Hannegan and Laredo?
(a) one week
(b) one month
(c) one day
(d) one year
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Asians claim the nuclear detonation is?
2. What does Paulo say Taddeo's evidence comes from?
3. How long are the enemy cities bombed in the myth of the Flame Deluge?
4. What does Rachel give to Zerchi?
5. Why is Zerchi late to give Mrs. Grales confession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the likely reason Taddeo does not arrive on time at the monastery?
2. Why does the idea that mankind is a servant race created by a society of betters appeal to Taddeo?
3. What might lead the reader to believe Benjamin's story about his age?
4. What shocks the abbot most about Kornhoer's invention?
5. Describe Mad Bear's political plans.
6. What is Paulo's primary concern at the onset of war?
7. How does Mad Bear view Taddeo's party?
8. What is Armbruster's attitude toward books and toward Taddeo's studies?
9. What is the implication of Rachel refusing baptism?
10. What is the purpose of Quo peregrinaqtur grex?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)