|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the war between Hannegan and Laredo?
(a) one month
(b) one year
(c) one week
(d) one day
2. Why is Paulo fasting?
(a) because he is too worried to eat
(b) because he is praying for peace
(c) because of his stomach problems
(d) because he knows the abbey is short on food
3. What does Rachel say to Zerchi?
4. How long are the enemy cities bombed in the myth of the Flame Deluge?
(a) three days and nights
(b) seven days and nights
(c) five days and nights
(d) nine days and nights
5. How does the Poet die?
(a) He is shot while stabbing an officer who is trying to capture refugees.
(b) He is hanged for treason.
(c) He commits suicide.
(d) He runs out of water while he is lost in the desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tadeo offer to do after the war begins?
2. Why does Taddeo want the measurement of how deep the wood is worn down at the entrance to the refectory?
3. What happens during Mrs. Grayles' confession?
4. What does Taddeo give Paulo before he leaves?
5. How does Taddeo react to Kornhoer's invention?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Zerchi's dream about Rachel.
2. Why can't Cors keep his promise to Zerchi?
3. What shocks the abbot most about Kornhoer's invention?
4. What makes Paulo lose hope that Taddeo might be able to intervene to prevent the upcoming war?
5. Why do the Poet's jokes cause so much upset at the dinner?
6. Why is the APLAC a necessary device?
7. What is the likely reason Taddeo does not arrive on time at the monastery?
8. What is the implication of Rachel refusing baptism?
9. What story does Zerchi tell the dying woman, to convince her not to kill herself and her child?
10. What is the purpose of Quo peregrinaqtur grex?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)