|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brother Francis believe Fallout is?
(a) a saint
(c) a weather system
(d) a monster
2. What are Bookleggers?
(a) monks who hide books in kegs
(b) monks who memorize books word for word
(c) monks who hide books on their person, usually in their pants
(d) criminals to use books to make alcohol
3. What does the pilgrim find for Brother Francis?
(a) a stick
(b) some fruit
(c) a stone
(d) a bird
4. Who does Paulo kick out of the guesthouse?
(a) the Bard
(b) the Poet
(c) the Pauper
(d) the Preacher
5. To what does Cheroki compare Francis' desire to have a vocation?
(a) a mouse's desire to run into a hole
(b) a vulture's attraction to a dead beast
(c) a dog's desire for a bone
(d) a cat's desire to study birds
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
2. What does Francis ask forgiveness for during confession?
3. What would we term Taddeo's field of study today?
4. How much weight has Francis lost during his vigil?
5. Where does the unwelcome guest claim to have gotten the Old Jew's goat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Francis's reaction to the news that he's to attend the canonization.
2. Why is Arkos glad to have the Dominicans investigating Francis's find?
3. In what way is Brother Francis's motivation selfish?
4. Describe Brother Kornhoer's invention.
5. How does the Pope treat the clan chief?
6. Why doesn't Francis want to join the Pope's crusade?
7. What physical characteristics to Minnesotans have, and what is the likely cause of them?
8. Describe the Valley of the Misborn.
9. What does Cheroki's disbelief in Francis's find tell the reader about the rarity of the fallout shelter and relics?
10. Why does the Church have a Devil's Advocate?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)