|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cheroki find standing and kneeling uncomfortable?
(a) He has arthritis.
(b) He is used to sitting in a chair.
(c) He was mutated by radiation.
(d) His legs are wounded.
2. What does Paulo have in his office?
(a) Francis's illuminated blueprint
(b) Fingo's carving of St. Leibowitz
(c) five pages of indecipherable text
(d) the original Leibowitz blueprint relic
3. When does Brother Francis believe the Fallout was born?
(a) at the end of time
(b) in the Flame Deluge
(c) in the Firey Exculpation
(d) in the Great Fire
4. What does Flaught conclude about Francis' blueprint?
(a) It shows his misunderstanding of 20th century blueprint processes.
(b) It shows his ability as a forger.
(c) It is a brilliant work of art.
(d) It is a waste of effort.
5. What does Paulo refuse to do?
(a) see a doctor
(b) allow Kornhoer's invention to remain assembled
(c) allow Taddeo in the abbey
(d) greet Taddeo on his arrival
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Francis ask forgiveness for during confession?
2. Why is Brother Francis reluctant to speak to the pilgrim?
3. What is Thon Taddeo Pfardentrott interested in?
4. What is the purpose of Francis' black eye patch?
5. What does the Abbot do when Francis won't categorically deny any mystical significance to the stranger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What power does New Rome give Joshua's colony, in the event of the destruction of the Earth?
2. What did Leibowitz do after the Flame Deluge?
3. Why does Arkos accuse Francis of doing damage?
4. What is the implication of the wry smile on Fingo's statue of Leibowitz?
5. What is the purpose of Quo peregrinaqtur grex?
6. What does Cheroki's disbelief in Francis's find tell the reader about the rarity of the fallout shelter and relics?
7. Why do the monks wear burlap habits?
8. Describe Zerchi's dream about Rachel.
9. Why are a shopping list and casual notes treasured finds for Brother Francis?
10. Compare the robber's view of the illuminated blueprint and the original relic to Francis's.
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)