|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the monks unwelcoming toward Monsignor Flaught?
(a) Flaught's job is to argue against the canonization of Leibowitz.
(b) Flaught is an unpreposessing person whom the monks dislike on sight.
(c) Flaught is a disbeliever who tries to force his atheism on the monks.
(d) Flaught has an eerie aura of the devil about him.
2. What does Francis speculate that the stain on the blueprint might be?
(a) Leibowitz's blood
(b) Emily's blood
(c) Leibowitz's sweat
(d) Leibowitz's tears
3. What confession prompts Cheroki to withhold absolution from Francis?
(a) Francis' failure to finish his shelter
(b) Francis' altercation with the pilgrim
(c) Francis' story about finding the relics
(d) Francis' temptation to eat the pilgrim's food
4. What does Paulo find in a vase of water in the guesthouse?
(a) a daisy
(b) a goldfish
(c) a rare orchid
(d) an eyeball
5. Who attacks Francis on his way to Rome?
(a) a short, normal-seeming robber and his two-headed companion
(b) two brawny, muscled men with three eyes
(c) two normal-seeming men who claim that they are angels
(d) an ugly, stocky old woman and three young girls
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Francis initially think blueprints were produced?
2. What would we term Taddeo's field of study today?
3. What does the pilgrim find for Brother Francis?
4. What are Bookleggers?
5. What does Abbot Arkos dislike about Fingo's figure of Leibowitz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Taddeo's attitude toward the clergy and the Church?
2. How does Taddeo view the modern-day common man?
3. Describe the Poet's living conditions.
4. Describe Francis's reaction to the news that he's to attend the canonization.
5. What physical characteristics to Minnesotans have, and what is the likely cause of them?
6. Describe Taddeo's ideas about history.
7. How does Francis interpret the inscription "Transistorized Control System for Unit six-B"?
8. Why is Arkos glad to have the Dominicans investigating Francis's find?
9. What does Brother Francis need to protect himself against in the desert?
10. Why does the Church have a Devil's Advocate?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)