|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Pope decide, based on the evidence?
(a) to remove Leibowitz's name from the rolls of possible cannonization
(b) to canonize Leibowitz
(c) to disband the Albertine Order of Leibowitz
(d) to hold a second investigation
2. Why is Brother Francis reluctant to speak to the pilgrim?
(a) His throat is hoarse, and it hurts to talk.
(b) He is not allowed to speak during his fast.
(c) He's not sure if the pilgrim will attack him.
(d) He has taken a vow of silence and can't remember how to talk.
3. With what does the pilgrim attack Brother Francis?
(a) a stone
(b) a stick
(c) a knife
(d) a staff
4. Who attacks Francis on his way to Rome?
(a) two normal-seeming men who claim that they are angels
(b) a short, normal-seeming robber and his two-headed companion
(c) two brawny, muscled men with three eyes
(d) an ugly, stocky old woman and three young girls
5. Why does Francis fail to complete his shelter?
(a) He realizes that while he's been in the fallout shelter, wolves have surrounded his shelter.
(b) He cannot find the right shape rock for the last piece.
(c) He cannot find enough rocks to complete the shelter.
(d) He spends too much time exploring the fallout shelter and runs out of light.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Apollo agree to do?
2. What priesthood does Leibowitz join?
3. What offer does the robber finally make Francis?
4. What happened to Francis as a child?
5. What does Paulo have in his office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Brother Francis seeking in the desert?
2. What was Isaac Edward Leibowitz's profession before the Flame Deluge?
3. Describe the Poet's living conditions.
4. Why were papers burned during the Simplification?
5. What does Cheroki's disbelief in Francis's find tell the reader about the rarity of the fallout shelter and relics?
6. What did Leibowitz do after the Flame Deluge?
7. Describe the pilgrim.
8. Why is the find of Emily Leibowitz's skull important to the case for the canonization of Leibowitz?
9. Why doesn't Francis merely tell the abbot what he wants to hear?
10. Describe Francis's life before the monastery.
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)