Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brother Francis find in the hole?
(a) a staircase
(b) a book
(c) a box
(d) a coffin
2. Which of the following does Flaught NOT use as an argument against Francis' testimony?
(a) Francis might be mistaken that the "Em" referrs to Emily Leibowitz.
(b) Francis might have misread the word Leibowitz on the blueprint.
(c) Francis' finds might be forged.
(d) Francis might be suffering from mental illness.
3. What does the sampetrius place before the papal throne?
(a) a footstool
(b) a pillow
(c) a scepter
(d) a carpet
4. What does Francis admit about the strange pilgrim?
(a) He wrote two unintelligible marks on a rock.
(b) His head glowed as if he might have a halo.
(c) After he left, Francis did discover some rose petals in the dirt.
(d) His words seemed drowned out, perhaps by a heavenly choir.
5. What does Apollo agree to do?
(a) go to the abbey bring back proof of auhentication of the documents
(b) go to New Rome to ask permission for Taddeo to see the documents
(c) go to the abbey to get the documents for Taddeo
(d) ask the abbot, Dom Paulo, to lend the documents to Taddeo
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Abbot want Francis to deny?
2. How does Francis initially think blueprints were produced?
3. With what does the Abbot hit Francis?
4. What does Kornhoer want to remove from the alcove where Taddeo will work?
5. How does the Pope enter the chamber for the canonization?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare the robber's view of the illuminated blueprint and the original relic to Francis's.
2. What story does Zerchi tell the dying woman, to convince her not to kill herself and her child?
3. In what way is Brother Francis's motivation selfish?
4. What angers Paulo about the news of the governments' reactions to the nuclear incident?
5. How does the Pope treat the clan chief?
6. What did Leibowitz do after the Flame Deluge?
7. How does Taddeo view the modern-day common man?
8. What is Brother Francis seeking in the desert?
9. What is Taddeo's attitude toward the clergy and the Church?
10. What was Isaac Edward Leibowitz's profession before the Flame Deluge?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)