|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brother Francis believe Fallout is?
(a) a monster
(b) a weather system
(d) a saint
2. What does Brother Francis find that has the name Leibowitz, I.E. on it?
(a) a poster
(b) a blueprint
(d) a diary
3. How does Francis try to get the illumination back?
(a) by stabbing the robber
(b) by threatening the robber with reprisals from New Rome
(c) by threatening the robber with lightning from God
(d) by wrestling the robber
4. Why does the robber take the illumination instead of the original?
(a) The robber is afraid of excommunication from New Rome if he steals the relic.
(b) The robber is afraid the Church will kill him if he steals the relic.
(c) The robber is religious and wants the true relic to go to Rome.
(d) The gold-embellished illumination appears more valuable.
5. What does the pilgrim find for Brother Francis?
(a) a bird
(b) a stone
(c) some fruit
(d) a stick
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the role of the Devil's Advocate?
2. What does Paulo have in his office?
3. What does the Pope decide, based on the evidence?
4. What is Brother Fingo's original trade?
5. Where did Kornhoer get the information to help him create his invention?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Francis merely tell the abbot what he wants to hear?
2. What does Brother Francis need to protect himself against in the desert?
3. What power does New Rome give Joshua's colony, in the event of the destruction of the Earth?
4. Why were papers burned during the Simplification?
5. Why can't Cors keep his promise to Zerchi?
6. What might lead the reader to believe Benjamin's story about his age?
7. How does Taddeo view the modern-day common man?
8. What is Paulo's primary concern at the onset of war?
9. What is Gault afraid is Hannegan's intention for the abbey?
10. Why is Arkos glad to have the Dominicans investigating Francis's find?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)