|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the journey from the abbey to New Rome?
(a) three years
(b) three months
(c) three days
(d) three weeks
2. What is Brother Kornhoer inventing?
(a) a printing press
(b) a telegraph
(c) a copying machine
(d) an electtric light
3. What does Francis ask forgiveness for during confession?
(a) the loss of the illuminated blueprint due to Francis's carelessness
(b) Francis's hubris for desiring to attend the canonization
(c) the discovery of the shelter holding up Leibowitz's sainthood
(d) Francis's desire to have his illustrated blueprint admired
4. Where did Kornhoer get the information to help him create his invention?
(a) from a vision he had in his sleep
(b) from fragments of documents in the abbey
(c) from Brother Armbruster
(d) from one hidden book he deciphered
5. What are Bookleggers?
(a) monks who memorize books word for word
(b) criminals to use books to make alcohol
(c) monks who hide books in kegs
(d) monks who hide books on their person, usually in their pants
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brother Francis only hope to find paper artifacts in the fallout shelter?
2. What offer does the robber finally make Francis?
3. Whose skull is rumored to be the skull with the gold tooth?
4. What does Flaught conclude about Francis' blueprint?
5. How old does the Old Jew claim to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Brother Kornhoer's invention.
2. What does Francis realize about the Pope and the Vatican, on examining the Pope's cassock and the surroundings closely?
3. How does Francis interpret the inscription "Transistorized Control System for Unit six-B"?
4. What physical characteristics to Minnesotans have, and what is the likely cause of them?
5. What is the implication of the wry smile on Fingo's statue of Leibowitz?
6. What is Taddeo's attitude toward the clergy and the Church?
7. Why do the monks wear burlap habits?
8. Describe Taddeo's ideas about history.
9. Describe Francis's reaction to the news that he's to attend the canonization.
10. Describe the pilgrim.
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)