|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brother Fingo's current job?
(c) cook's helper
2. What does Francis confess to eating?
(a) a squirrel
(b) a quail
(d) a lizard
3. Where does the unwelcome guest claim to have gotten the Old Jew's goat?
(a) wandering aimlessly on the moor
(b) in a game of mumbly-peg
(c) from the slaughterhouse
(d) in a game of poker
4. What is Thon Taddeo Pfardentrott interested in?
(a) taking over power from Hannegan
(b) making sure his half-sister marries well
(c) avoiding the coming war
(d) studying the Leibowitzian documents of the monks
5. What does Francis say about the rumors surrounding his meeting of the pilgrim?
(a) About have the rumors are true.
(b) The rumors are true, but with some exaggeration.
(c) Most of the rumors are completely false.
(d) Most of the rumors are completely true.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does the Abbot hit Francis?
2. Why does Francis go to bed without food?
3. To what does Cheroki compare Francis' desire to have a vocation?
4. How long does Francis remain a novitiate?
5. What is the result of Kornhoer's test of his invention?
Short Essay Questions
1. What stops Brother Francis from sharing the pilgrim's food?
2. Why were papers burned during the Simplification?
3. Compare the robber's view of the illuminated blueprint and the original relic to Francis's.
4. What does Francis realize about the Pope and the Vatican, on examining the Pope's cassock and the surroundings closely?
5. Why is the find of Emily Leibowitz's skull important to the case for the canonization of Leibowitz?
6. Why doesn't Francis want to join the Pope's crusade?
7. Why does the Church have a Devil's Advocate?
8. What is Brother Francis seeking in the desert?
9. Why do the monks wear burlap habits?
10. Describe Francis's reaction to the news that he's to attend the canonization.
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)