|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the unwelcome guest claim to have gotten the Old Jew's goat?
(a) wandering aimlessly on the moor
(b) from the slaughterhouse
(c) in a game of poker
(d) in a game of mumbly-peg
2. What does the sampetrius place before the papal throne?
(a) a carpet
(b) a scepter
(c) a pillow
(d) a footstool
3. How old does the Old Jew claim to be?
4. What does Francis ask forgiveness for during confession?
(a) the discovery of the shelter holding up Leibowitz's sainthood
(b) Francis's desire to have his illustrated blueprint admired
(c) the loss of the illuminated blueprint due to Francis's carelessness
(d) Francis's hubris for desiring to attend the canonization
5. Venerable Boedullus created a lake by _____________________________.
(a) digging for 50 years
(b) rerouting a river
(c) praying for the lake to appear
(d) accidentally setting off a weapon
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aguerra give Francis?
2. What does Brother Francis find that lets him know the fallout shelter hasn't been plundered?
3. What priesthood does Leibowitz join?
4. What does the Abbot want Francis to deny?
5. What does the pilgrim have to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of Quo peregrinaqtur grex?
2. What is the literary style of the story of the Flame Deluge read to Taddeo at the beginning of Chapter 18?
3. What angers Paulo about the news of the governments' reactions to the nuclear incident?
4. What makes Paulo lose hope that Taddeo might be able to intervene to prevent the upcoming war?
5. What was Isaac Edward Leibowitz's profession before the Flame Deluge?
6. What did Leibowitz do after the Flame Deluge?
7. How is Zerchi required to practice what he preaches about suffering and euthanasia?
8. What is Gault afraid is Hannegan's intention for the abbey?
9. Why does the Church have a Devil's Advocate?
10. Describe Mad Bear's political plans.
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)