|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Francis say about the rumors surrounding his meeting of the pilgrim?
(a) The rumors are true, but with some exaggeration.
(b) Most of the rumors are completely true.
(c) About have the rumors are true.
(d) Most of the rumors are completely false.
2. What does Francis speculate that the stain on the blueprint might be?
(a) Leibowitz's sweat
(b) Leibowitz's tears
(c) Emily's blood
(d) Leibowitz's blood
3. What does the abbot do when he finds out that Francis is planning a complex, illustrated project glorifying Leibowitz's blueprint?
(a) orders Francis to stop work on the project immediately
(b) revokes Francis's vocation
(c) shrugs and walk away
(d) sends Francis back to work in the kitchen
4. Why doesn't Francis open the racing form?
(a) Francis considers the racing form holy and doesn't want to touch it.
(b) The racing form is stuck together with some kind of glue.
(c) The old paper is too fragile.
(d) The monks believe that gambling is a sin.
5. What does the Abbot do with the fallout shelter?
(a) He closes it without investigating the find.
(b) He sends to Rome for instructions, meanwhile marking it off limits.
(c) He sends three monks to inventoy it and then closes it.
(d) He closes is awaiting the arrival of trained archaeologists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Brother Francis reluctant to speak to the pilgrim?
2. Why does Brother Francis only hope to find paper artifacts in the fallout shelter?
3. What happened to Francis as a child?
4. Why does the robber take the illumination instead of the original?
5. Venerable Boedullus created a lake by _____________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the monks wear burlap habits?
2. How does Francis interpret the inscription "Transistorized Control System for Unit six-B"?
3. What is the implication of the wry smile on Fingo's statue of Leibowitz?
4. Why were papers burned during the Simplification?
5. What physical characteristics to Minnesotans have, and what is the likely cause of them?
6. Why doesn't Francis want to join the Pope's crusade?
7. Describe Francis's reaction to the news that he's to attend the canonization.
8. Describe the Valley of the Misborn.
9. Compare the robber's view of the illuminated blueprint and the original relic to Francis's.
10. Describe the pilgrim.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)