|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brother Kornhoer inventing?
(a) an electtric light
(b) a printing press
(c) a copying machine
(d) a telegraph
2. What does Brother Francis find that lets him know the fallout shelter hasn't been plundered?
(a) a ruby ring
(b) a gold tooth
(c) a gold necklace
(d) gold coins
3. Who attacks Francis on his way to Rome?
(a) an ugly, stocky old woman and three young girls
(b) a short, normal-seeming robber and his two-headed companion
(c) two normal-seeming men who claim that they are angels
(d) two brawny, muscled men with three eyes
4. What does Francis believe is the most significant event that happened to him in the desert?
(a) finding the fallout shelter
(b) meeting the old man
(c) building a shelter for himself
(d) finding the relics of Leibowitz
5. Whose skull is rumored to be the skull with the gold tooth?
(a) Emily, Leibowitz's wife
(b) the Fallout monster
(c) Leibowitz's best friend
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Pope enter the chamber for the canonization?
2. What decree does the Pope give Francis?
3. What does Flaught conclude about Francis' blueprint?
4. What does Abbot Arkos dislike about Fingo's figure of Leibowitz?
5. What do the Dominicans find in the sealed inner chamber of the Fallout Shelter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Taddeo view the modern-day common man?
2. Describe the Poet's living conditions.
3. Describe the pilgrim.
4. Why does the Church have a Devil's Advocate?
5. Why do the monks wear burlap habits?
6. What stops Brother Francis from sharing the pilgrim's food?
7. Why is Arkos glad to have the Dominicans investigating Francis's find?
8. How does Francis interpret the inscription "Transistorized Control System for Unit six-B"?
9. Describe Brother Kornhoer's invention.
10. What does Cheroki's disbelief in Francis's find tell the reader about the rarity of the fallout shelter and relics?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)