|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cheroki's reaction to Francis' confession is ____________.
2. With what does the Abbot hit Francis?
(a) a hickory ruler
(b) an ancient tome
(c) a long staff
(d) his open hand
3. What does the abbot do when he finds out that Francis is planning a complex, illustrated project glorifying Leibowitz's blueprint?
(a) orders Francis to stop work on the project immediately
(b) revokes Francis's vocation
(c) sends Francis back to work in the kitchen
(d) shrugs and walk away
4. What does Apollo agree to do?
(a) go to the abbey bring back proof of auhentication of the documents
(b) go to the abbey to get the documents for Taddeo
(c) go to New Rome to ask permission for Taddeo to see the documents
(d) ask the abbot, Dom Paulo, to lend the documents to Taddeo
5. Why does Taddeo want to look at the documents the Albertine Order of Leibowitz has?
(a) for their linguistic value
(b) for their scientific value
(c) for their mystical value
(d) for their relgious value
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Brother Francis believe the Fallout was born?
2. In Chapter 1, what is Brother Francis Gerard of Utah doing in the desert?
3. What priesthood does Leibowitz join?
4. Why does Francis go to bed without food?
5. What is Thon Taddeo Pfardentrott interested in?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Brother Francis's motivation selfish?
2. Why does the Church have a Devil's Advocate?
3. How does Taddeo view the modern-day common man?
4. Why doesn't Francis merely tell the abbot what he wants to hear?
5. Describe the Valley of the Misborn.
6. Describe Francis's life before the monastery.
7. Why are a shopping list and casual notes treasured finds for Brother Francis?
8. What does Cheroki's disbelief in Francis's find tell the reader about the rarity of the fallout shelter and relics?
9. How does the Pope treat the clan chief?
10. Describe Brother Kornhoer's invention.
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)