|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Kornhoer's test of his invention?
(a) The invention works.
(b) The invention explodes.
(c) The invention works for a while and then quits without explanation.
(d) The invention quietly fails.
2. What does Brother Francis at first believe is in the hole?
(a) a scroll
(b) an animal
(d) the remains of Blessed Leibowitz
3. What is Brother Francis building?
(a) a fire pit
(b) an altar
(c) a shelter
(d) a statue
4. What does Paulo refuse to do?
(a) allow Taddeo in the abbey
(b) see a doctor
(c) greet Taddeo on his arrival
(d) allow Kornhoer's invention to remain assembled
5. Who educated Taddeo?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Flaught NOT use as an argument against Francis' testimony?
2. In Chapter 1, what is Brother Francis Gerard of Utah doing in the desert?
3. What are Bookleggers?
4. With what does the pilgrim attack Brother Francis?
5. When did the Age of Enlightenment end?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Francis interpret the inscription "Transistorized Control System for Unit six-B"?
2. Why were papers burned during the Simplification?
3. What was Isaac Edward Leibowitz's profession before the Flame Deluge?
4. Describe Francis's reaction to the news that he's to attend the canonization.
5. What is the implication of the wry smile on Fingo's statue of Leibowitz?
6. Describe Abbot Paulo's health problem.
7. How does Taddeo view the modern-day common man?
8. Describe the Poet's living conditions.
9. Describe the pilgrim.
10. What stops Brother Francis from sharing the pilgrim's food?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)