|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brother Francis find that lets him know the fallout shelter hasn't been plundered?
(a) a ruby ring
(b) gold coins
(c) a gold necklace
(d) a gold tooth
2. What do the Dominicans find in the sealed inner chamber of the Fallout Shelter?
(a) a miraculously preserved body
(b) 15 skeletons
(c) blueprint making materials
(d) a treasure trove of electronic equipment
3. What does the Abbot do with the fallout shelter?
(a) He closes is awaiting the arrival of trained archaeologists.
(b) He sends three monks to inventoy it and then closes it.
(c) He sends to Rome for instructions, meanwhile marking it off limits.
(d) He closes it without investigating the find.
4. What is Brother Francis' first reaction to the stranger?
5. Who educated Taddeo?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Flaught NOT use as an argument against Francis' testimony?
2. What does Brother Francis believe Fallout is?
3. Why does Cheroki finally absolve Francis?
4. When did the Age of Enlightenment end?
5. What does the Abbot do when Francis won't categorically deny any mystical significance to the stranger?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Valley of the Misborn.
2. What is Taddeo's attitude toward the clergy and the Church?
3. Why doesn't Francis merely tell the abbot what he wants to hear?
4. What was Isaac Edward Leibowitz's profession before the Flame Deluge?
5. What is Brother Francis seeking in the desert?
6. Describe Taddeo's ideas about history.
7. Compare the robber's view of the illuminated blueprint and the original relic to Francis's.
8. How does Francis interpret the inscription "Transistorized Control System for Unit six-B"?
9. Why is Arkos glad to have the Dominicans investigating Francis's find?
10. What does Francis realize about the Pope and the Vatican, on examining the Pope's cassock and the surroundings closely?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)