|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paulo find in a vase of water in the guesthouse?
(a) a goldfish
(b) an eyeball
(c) a rare orchid
(d) a daisy
2. Why doesn't Francis open the racing form?
(a) The monks believe that gambling is a sin.
(b) The racing form is stuck together with some kind of glue.
(c) The old paper is too fragile.
(d) Francis considers the racing form holy and doesn't want to touch it.
3. What does Kornhoer want to remove from the alcove where Taddeo will work?
(a) a font that blocks the chair
(b) a poster that covers the window
(c) a statue that takes up desk space
(d) a crucifix that blocks the light
4. What does Aguerra give Francis?
(a) a rosary blessed by the Pope
(b) the original blueprint, blessed by the Pope, to bring back to the Order
(c) an ancient rifle for protection
(d) gold to ransom the illustrated blueprint
5. How does Francis respond to being hit by the Abbot?
(a) He groans and asks for forgiveness.
(b) He remains silent and submits to his punishment.
(c) He says, "Deo gratias!"
(d) He begs the Abbot to stop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brother Francis find that has the name Leibowitz, I.E. on it?
2. What does Abbot Arkos dislike about Fingo's figure of Leibowitz?
3. How does the Pope enter the chamber for the canonization?
4. Why does Cheroki finally absolve Francis?
5. Why does Taddeo want to look at the documents the Albertine Order of Leibowitz has?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were papers burned during the Simplification?
2. How does Francis interpret the inscription "Transistorized Control System for Unit six-B"?
3. In what way is Brother Francis's motivation selfish?
4. Describe Abbot Paulo's health problem.
5. Describe the Valley of the Misborn.
6. Why do the monks wear burlap habits?
7. Describe Brother Kornhoer's invention.
8. Describe Francis's reaction to the news that he's to attend the canonization.
9. Describe Francis's life before the monastery.
10. What does Cheroki's disbelief in Francis's find tell the reader about the rarity of the fallout shelter and relics?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)