|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Pope enter the chamber for the canonization?
(a) He parades in, leading a contingent of guards.
(b) He is lowered down from the ceiling.
(c) He appears from behind curtains.
(d) He is carried in on a chair.
2. What does Brother Francis find that lets him know the fallout shelter hasn't been plundered?
(a) a gold necklace
(b) gold coins
(c) a ruby ring
(d) a gold tooth
3. What does Flaught conclude about Francis' blueprint?
(a) It is a waste of effort.
(b) It is a brilliant work of art.
(c) It shows his ability as a forger.
(d) It shows his misunderstanding of 20th century blueprint processes.
4. What priesthood does Leibowitz join?
(a) the Knowlenians
(b) the Cistercians
(c) the Albertines
(d) the Arthurians
5. Why does Francis fail to complete his shelter?
(a) He cannot find enough rocks to complete the shelter.
(b) He realizes that while he's been in the fallout shelter, wolves have surrounded his shelter.
(c) He spends too much time exploring the fallout shelter and runs out of light.
(d) He cannot find the right shape rock for the last piece.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Francis admit about the strange pilgrim?
2. How does Francis respond to being hit by the Abbot?
3. How long is the journey from the abbey to New Rome?
4. Whose skull is rumored to be the skull with the gold tooth?
5. What does the Abbot do when Francis won't categorically deny any mystical significance to the stranger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Isaac Edward Leibowitz's profession before the Flame Deluge?
2. What physical characteristics to Minnesotans have, and what is the likely cause of them?
3. What is Taddeo's attitude toward the clergy and the Church?
4. Why does Arkos accuse Francis of doing damage?
5. Why were papers burned during the Simplification?
6. Why doesn't Francis want to join the Pope's crusade?
7. How does Taddeo view the modern-day common man?
8. Describe the Valley of the Misborn.
9. In what way is Brother Francis's motivation selfish?
10. What is the implication of the wry smile on Fingo's statue of Leibowitz?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)