|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What confession prompts Cheroki to withhold absolution from Francis?
(a) Francis' altercation with the pilgrim
(b) Francis' failure to finish his shelter
(c) Francis' story about finding the relics
(d) Francis' temptation to eat the pilgrim's food
2. Cheroki's reaction to Francis' confession is ____________.
3. To what does Cheroki compare Francis' desire to have a vocation?
(a) a dog's desire for a bone
(b) a vulture's attraction to a dead beast
(c) a mouse's desire to run into a hole
(d) a cat's desire to study birds
4. Who does the Pope ask to come to New Rome?
5. What does the Abbot do when Francis won't categorically deny any mystical significance to the stranger?
(a) throws Francis out of the abbey
(b) blackmails Francis into lying about his experience
(c) refuses to allow Francis to take his vows
(d) beats Francis each day for 10 days
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cheroki find standing and kneeling uncomfortable?
2. Does Francis believe the strange pilgrim was supernatural?
3. How old does the Old Jew claim to be?
4. What does Paulo refuse to do?
5. What does Aguerra give Francis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Brother Kornhoer's invention.
2. Why doesn't Francis want to join the Pope's crusade?
3. What does Francis realize about the Pope and the Vatican, on examining the Pope's cassock and the surroundings closely?
4. Describe the Valley of the Misborn.
5. Why is Arkos glad to have the Dominicans investigating Francis's find?
6. Describe Abbot Paulo's health problem.
7. Why are a shopping list and casual notes treasured finds for Brother Francis?
8. Describe Taddeo's ideas about history.
9. What was Isaac Edward Leibowitz's profession before the Flame Deluge?
10. In what way is Brother Francis's motivation selfish?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)