|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Francis' pet project as a copyist?
(a) creating illustrated panels of Leibowitz's name
(b) making an illuminated version of Leibowitz's blueprint
(c) decoding Leibowitz's memo book
(d) restoring lost words from damaged documents
2. What decree does the Pope give Francis?
(a) a decree of service rewarding Francis for everything he's done in honor of St. Leibowitz
(b) a decree of excommunication against anyone who attacks Francis
(c) a decree of canonization officializing the canoniation of St. Leibowitz
(d) a decree of honor awarding Francis a high place in his order
3. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
(a) Another novice walking along the road saw no one.
(b) He gives no reason.
(c) No pilgrim stopped at the abbey.
(d) The road is blocked, so no one could have come through.
4. What does Francis speculate that the stain on the blueprint might be?
(a) Leibowitz's blood
(b) Leibowitz's tears
(c) Emily's blood
(d) Leibowitz's sweat
5. What does Kornhoer want to remove from the alcove where Taddeo will work?
(a) a poster that covers the window
(b) a font that blocks the chair
(c) a statue that takes up desk space
(d) a crucifix that blocks the light
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the pilgrim find for Brother Francis?
2. Why doesn't Francis open the racing form?
3. What would we term Taddeo's field of study today?
4. What priesthood does Leibowitz join?
5. What does Brother Francis at first believe is in the hole?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Leibowitz do after the Flame Deluge?
2. What does Brother Francis need to protect himself against in the desert?
3. What does Cheroki's disbelief in Francis's find tell the reader about the rarity of the fallout shelter and relics?
4. Describe the Valley of the Misborn.
5. Why are a shopping list and casual notes treasured finds for Brother Francis?
6. What is the implication of the wry smile on Fingo's statue of Leibowitz?
7. What is Taddeo's attitude toward the clergy and the Church?
8. Describe Abbot Paulo's health problem.
9. Why is the find of Emily Leibowitz's skull important to the case for the canonization of Leibowitz?
10. Describe Taddeo's ideas about history.
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)