|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brother Francis' first reaction to the stranger?
2. What does Francis confess to eating?
(b) a quail
(c) a squirrel
(d) a lizard
3. Whose skull is rumored to be the skull with the gold tooth?
(a) Leibowitz's best friend
(b) the Fallout monster
(c) Emily, Leibowitz's wife
4. Why does Francis go to bed without food?
(a) There is no food left for Brother Francis to eat.
(b) Brother Francis is allowed no food at all on his fast.
(c) It is too dangerous to collect cactus fruit in the dark.
(d) Brother Francis decides to eat nothing to cleanse himself.
5. Who insists that Francis must complete his illuminated blueprint?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the robber take the illumination instead of the original?
2. Why does Cheroki find standing and kneeling uncomfortable?
3. What does the Abbot want Francis to deny?
4. What decree does the Pope give Francis?
5. What does Francis believe is the most significant event that happened to him in the desert?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Taddeo's ideas about history.
2. How does Francis interpret the inscription "Transistorized Control System for Unit six-B"?
3. Describe Abbot Paulo's health problem.
4. Describe Francis's life before the monastery.
5. What does Francis realize about the Pope and the Vatican, on examining the Pope's cassock and the surroundings closely?
6. Why is the find of Emily Leibowitz's skull important to the case for the canonization of Leibowitz?
7. What does Brother Francis need to protect himself against in the desert?
8. What was Isaac Edward Leibowitz's profession before the Flame Deluge?
9. What is the implication of the wry smile on Fingo's statue of Leibowitz?
10. What stops Brother Francis from sharing the pilgrim's food?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)