|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long are the enemy cities bombed in the myth of the Flame Deluge?
(a) seven days and nights
(b) five days and nights
(c) nine days and nights
(d) three days and nights
2. Why is Zerchi late to give Mrs. Grales confession?
(a) He must make his own confession.
(b) He must post bail.
(c) He must calm down the other monks.
(d) He forgets about the appointment.
3. What might prevent Joshua and the monks from taking off in their spaceship?
(a) The spaceship is untested and might not fly.
(b) The monks will likely back out at the last minute.
(c) The government might revoke the Church's right to its own space missions.
(d) The Church will likely change its mind about the mission.
4. What behavior of Taddeo's party worries Paulo?
(a) the party pushing around the monks
(b) heavy drinking and dancing
(c) the officers refusing to allow the lower ranked party members to eat
(d) the officers making drawings of the abbey's defenses
5. About what do Dr. Cors and Zerchi disagree?
(a) nuclear war
(b) how deadly radiation is
6. What is Thon Esser Shon trying to create?
(b) a black hole
(c) a solar battery
(d) living protoplasm
7. What does Rachel give to Zerchi?
(d) food and water
8. What does Mad Bear drink?
(a) pig's blood
(b) chicken's blood
(c) goat's blood
(d) steer's blood
9. Why does Mad Bear stop raiding Hannegan?
(a) to plan a larger assault
(b) in exchange for weapons and supplies
(c) to stop upcoming war
(d) to encourage peace and joint prosperity
10. How many priests does the abbey send on the mission?
11. What does Rachel say to Zerchi?
12. What does the police officer give Zerchi?
(a) papers for a civil court case about the protest
(b) an injunction to stop the protests
(c) a subpoena to testify about the mercy camp
(d) a medal for service to the refugees
13. How has Taddeo responded to the Memorabilia?
(a) He says too much is lost to make sense of it.
(b) He is amazed at the amount of lost knowledge, which will take decades to fully understand.
(c) He says that he will be able to understand it all within 5 years.
(d) He believes that most of the Memorabilia is faked and meaningless.
14. For whom does Paulo think Benjamin is waiting?
(a) the Messiah
15. What does Joshua's data show?
(a) A new kind of non-nuclear destructive weapon is being developed.
(b) Nuclear weapons are likely being tested.
(c) The fluctuations in radiation are meaningless anomalies.
(d) Nuclear weapons tests were likely failures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel refuse from Zerchi?
2. What does Cors do when he breaks his promise to the abbot?
3. What does the mythological Blackeneth do?
4. How many monks does it take to run the invention?
5. What does Joshua think he hears in the rose garden?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)