Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Benjamin offer Paulo to drink?
2. Who is Mrs. Grales?
(a) a local fortune teller
(b) a mysterious holy woman who visits the abbey
(c) a villager who worships St. Leibowitz
(d) a mutant two-headed woman
3. What does Asian radio say about the destruction of Texarkana?
(a) They have know knowledge of the origin of the missle.
(b) The missle came from the moon.
(c) An errant Atlantic missile is responsible.
(d) The missle came from an orbiting satellite.
4. What does Joshua's data show?
(a) Nuclear weapons are likely being tested.
(b) A new kind of non-nuclear destructive weapon is being developed.
(c) Nuclear weapons tests were likely failures.
(d) The fluctuations in radiation are meaningless anomalies.
5. What does Cors do when he breaks his promise to the abbot?
(a) confesses and offers to leave
(b) confesses and promises not to lapse again
(c) tries to trick the abbot into believing someone else did it
(d) keeps it a secret
6. What behavior of Taddeo's party worries Paulo?
(a) heavy drinking and dancing
(b) the officers making drawings of the abbey's defenses
(c) the party pushing around the monks
(d) the officers refusing to allow the lower ranked party members to eat
7. What does Taddeo suspect surviving mankind might be?
(a) a regression to an earlier stage of evolution
(b) an experiment accidentally let loose in the world
(c) a servant species created by a higher civilization
(d) a mutation caused by radiation
8. Why does Taddeo prefer the fragile original documents to the copies?
(a) Though the originals are fraile, the copies are even more delicate.
(b) The copies have faded worse over time than the originals.
(c) The copyists were not always accurate.
(d) The original documents can be carbon dated.
9. What does Sister Helene interrupt Joshua doing?
(a) translating a text
(b) stealing secret information
(c) taking a bath
(d) contemplating suicide
10. What does Rachel refuse from Zerchi?
(b) food and water
(d) last rites
11. What does the statue at the mercy camp resemble?
(a) the President
(c) a weeping mother
(d) the Old Jew
12. Who does Hannegan issue a decree condemning?
(a) the Pope
(d) the Poet
13. What does the APLAC machine do, when it works?
(a) heats up food
(b) translates messages into other languages
(c) provides power to the abbey
(d) decodes ciphers used to send secret messages
14. How does Paulo treat the Old Jew?
(a) as a heathen who must be converted
(c) as a friend
(d) as an enemy
15. What does Zerchi have in his office?
(a) the original Leibowitz blueprint Francis found
(b) Francis's illuminated blueprint
(c) the wooden statue of St. Leibowitz
(d) the complete writings of Taddeo
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do Dr. Cors and Zerchi disagree?
2. What does Paulo tell Kornhoer?
3. What does Zerchi do to Cors after the girl and her baby go to the mercy camp?
4. What does Hannegan do when the Vatican warns Hannegan's enemy about the coming war?
5. How does Taddeo react to the stories of monks who have died or gone blind preserving the Memorabilia?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)