|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel refuse from Zerchi?
(a) last rites
(c) food and water
2. What does Taddeo give Paulo before he leaves?
(a) the officers' sketches of the abbey
(b) a pouch full of gold
(c) a transistor from before the Great Deluge
(d) a warning about Hannegan
3. What does Mrs. Grales want the abbot to do?
(a) give Rachel a last confession
(b) baptize Rachel
(c) take Rachel off the planet
(d) give Rachel communion
4. What does the Defense Minister say about reports of increased radiation levels and nuclear testing?
(a) He says that the report of increased radiation is false.
(b) He responds that nuclear testing is illegal.
(c) He says that nucear bomb tests are being conducted but that they are safe.
(d) He says the increase is due to natural phenomena.
5. Why is Zerchi late to give Mrs. Grales confession?
(a) He forgets about the appointment.
(b) He must post bail.
(c) He must make his own confession.
(d) He must calm down the other monks.
6. What is Thon Maho Makh investigating?
(a) the effects of nuclear radiation on humanity
(b) evolution and the origin of humanity
(c) the possible existence of a lost pocket of civilization
(d) the beginning of the solar system
7. What is Thon Esser Shon trying to create?
(a) living protoplasm
(b) a solar battery
(c) a black hole
8. What does Taddeo want Kornhoer to do?
(a) not tell anyone about the invention yet
(b) give Taddeo his invention
(c) explain how the invention works
(d) come to the collegium to do research
9. How will the Church transport the Memorabilia?
(a) digitally in a supercomputer
(b) on microfilm
(c) as memorized by the monks going on the mission
(d) in secret compartments on the spaceship
10. How long is the war between Hannegan and Laredo?
(a) one day
(b) one week
(c) one year
(d) one month
11. Where does the Church plan to send a mission to preserve humanity?
(c) the moon
(d) Alpha Centauri
12. How does Taddeo greet Paulo?
(a) with dozens of questions
(b) with a present
13. To whom does Paulo compare the smile on the statue of Leibowitz?
14. What does Tadeo offer to do after the war begins?
(a) petition Hannegan for peace
(b) leave the abbey
(c) give the monks an escapte route
(d) fight anyone who invades the abbey
15. What do the Asians claim the nuclear detonation is?
(a) an attempt to divert a subterranean river
(b) a rocket ship that blew up on launch
(c) a failed weapons test
(d) an illegal attack on their soil
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel give to Zerchi?
2. What does Paulo say Taddeo's evidence comes from?
3. What does the APLAC machine do, when it works?
4. How does Zerchi react to Mercy Camp Number 18 being set up down the road?
5. What does the statue at the mercy camp resemble?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)