|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Taddeo want the measurement of how deep the wood is worn down at the entrance to the refectory?
(a) to find out the average weight of the monks over the years
(b) as evidence of how well cared for the abbey is
(c) to find out if there are forgotten secret passages in the abbey
(d) to have evidence of how many monks passed through over how many years
2. What does Mrs. Grales want the abbot to do?
(a) give Rachel communion
(b) baptize Rachel
(c) give Rachel a last confession
(d) take Rachel off the planet
3. What does Zerchi ask Cors to do, in order to get permission to use the abbey's land?
(a) swear in writing not to recommend suicide
(b) promise never enter the gates of the old abbey
(c) pay a fee to the church
(d) promise to give medical aid to all refugees
4. What does Tadeo offer to do after the war begins?
(a) give the monks an escapte route
(b) fight anyone who invades the abbey
(c) leave the abbey
(d) petition Hannegan for peace
5. How long are the enemy cities bombed in the myth of the Flame Deluge?
(a) seven days and nights
(b) nine days and nights
(c) five days and nights
(d) three days and nights
6. What does Mad Bear rule?
(a) the Mountain clans
(b) the Barbarian clans
(c) the Plateau clans
(d) the Plains clans
7. What does Sister Helene interrupt Joshua doing?
(a) taking a bath
(b) contemplating suicide
(c) translating a text
(d) stealing secret information
8. What does Joshua think he hears in the rose garden?
(a) a snake
(b) a rat
(c) a voice
(d) a bird
9. What might prevent Joshua and the monks from taking off in their spaceship?
(a) The spaceship is untested and might not fly.
(b) The government might revoke the Church's right to its own space missions.
(c) The Church will likely change its mind about the mission.
(d) The monks will likely back out at the last minute.
10. Whose skull does Zerchi see as he lays dying?
(a) the Poet's
(c) the Old Jew's
11. How many priests does the abbey send on the mission?
12. How does Taddeo think the monks may react to his ideas?
(a) He thinks that they will be welcoming but skeptical.
(b) He is afraid they will be offended.
(c) He thinks they will all praise him.
(d) He thinks none of them could understand, even in simple language.
13. Who does Hannegan issue a decree condemning?
(a) the Poet
(c) the Pope
14. How many monks does it take to run the invention?
15. What does Taddeo request for his journey?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Paulo fasting?
2. What does the police officer give Zerchi?
3. What does the APLAC do to Zerchi's data?
4. About what do Dr. Cors and Zerchi disagree?
5. What is Mad Bear's attitude toward Taddeo?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)