|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what do Dr. Cors and Zerchi disagree?
(c) how deadly radiation is
(d) nuclear war
2. What name does the Old Jew go by in Chapter 25?
3. What does Mad Bear drink?
(a) goat's blood
(b) pig's blood
(c) steer's blood
(d) chicken's blood
4. Who enters the dining hall at the end of Chapter 20 to see Taddeo?
(a) a messenger from Hannegan
(b) the Old Jew
(c) the Pope
(d) the Poet
5. Where does the Church plan to send a mission to preserve humanity?
(a) Alpha Centauri
(c) the moon
6. Why does Taddeo want the measurement of how deep the wood is worn down at the entrance to the refectory?
(a) as evidence of how well cared for the abbey is
(b) to find out if there are forgotten secret passages in the abbey
(c) to have evidence of how many monks passed through over how many years
(d) to find out the average weight of the monks over the years
7. What happens to the King of Loredo?
(a) He is poisoned.
(b) He dies in battle.
(c) He surrenders immediately to Hannegan.
(d) He is beheaded.
8. How long is the war between Hannegan and Laredo?
(a) one day
(b) one year
(c) one month
(d) one week
9. What does Mad Bear rule?
(a) the Mountain clans
(b) the Plateau clans
(c) the Barbarian clans
(d) the Plains clans
10. How does Taddeo react to the stories of monks who have died or gone blind preserving the Memorabilia?
(a) He is indifferent to their sacrifice.
(b) He thinks the stories are false.
(c) He honors their memories.
(d) He wishes he could go back and save them.
11. Why does Mad Bear stop raiding Hannegan?
(a) to encourage peace and joint prosperity
(b) in exchange for weapons and supplies
(c) to stop upcoming war
(d) to plan a larger assault
12. What does the Defense Minister say about reports of increased radiation levels and nuclear testing?
(a) He responds that nuclear testing is illegal.
(b) He says that nucear bomb tests are being conducted but that they are safe.
(c) He says that the report of increased radiation is false.
(d) He says the increase is due to natural phenomena.
13. How does Taddeo think the monks may react to his ideas?
(a) He thinks they will all praise him.
(b) He is afraid they will be offended.
(c) He thinks that they will be welcoming but skeptical.
(d) He thinks none of them could understand, even in simple language.
14. How does the Poet die?
(a) He runs out of water while he is lost in the desert.
(b) He is hanged for treason.
(c) He commits suicide.
(d) He is shot while stabbing an officer who is trying to capture refugees.
15. What behavior of Taddeo's party worries Paulo?
(a) heavy drinking and dancing
(b) the party pushing around the monks
(c) the officers refusing to allow the lower ranked party members to eat
(d) the officers making drawings of the abbey's defenses
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Zerchi take to town?
2. To whom does Paulo compare the smile on the statue of Leibowitz?
3. What is the Vatican's response?
4. What does Joshua think he hears in the rose garden?
5. Wat does Taddeo accuse the monks of doing?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)