|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the APLAC machine do, when it works?
(a) decodes ciphers used to send secret messages
(b) provides power to the abbey
(c) heats up food
(d) translates messages into other languages
2. What does the statue at the mercy camp resemble?
(a) a weeping mother
(c) the President
(d) the Old Jew
3. What does Hannegan do when the Vatican warns Hannegan's enemy about the coming war?
(a) exiles Monsignor Apollo
(b) arrests Monsignor Apollo
(c) declares war on New Rome
(d) breaks Monsignor Apollo's arms
4. What does the shaman admire about the monks?
(a) how well they endure torture
(b) how craftily they avoid capture
(c) how well they battle
(d) how delicious they taste
5. About what do Dr. Cors and Zerchi disagree?
(b) nuclear war
(d) how deadly radiation is
6. What does the APLAC do to Zerchi's data?
(a) reverses it
(b) burns it
(c) falsifies it
(d) loses it
7. Why does Taddeo prefer the fragile original documents to the copies?
(a) The copyists were not always accurate.
(b) The original documents can be carbon dated.
(c) Though the originals are fraile, the copies are even more delicate.
(d) The copies have faded worse over time than the originals.
8. How does Zerchi react to Mercy Camp Number 18 being set up down the road?
(a) He plans to sabotage the camp.
(b) He talks with Cors and is convinced the camp is needed.
(c) He turns a blind eye to the camp.
(d) He orders monks to picket in protest.
9. How many monks does it take to run the invention?
10. What is Thon Esser Shon trying to create?
(a) a black hole
(b) living protoplasm
(d) a solar battery
11. How long are the enemy cities bombed in the myth of the Flame Deluge?
(a) five days and nights
(b) nine days and nights
(c) seven days and nights
(d) three days and nights
12. For whom does Paulo think Benjamin is waiting?
(c) the Messiah
13. What does Rachel say to Zerchi?
14. Who is Rachel?
(a) Mrs. Grales' second head
(b) Mrs. Grales' niece
(c) Mrs. Grales' sister
(d) Mrs. Grales' daughter
15. What does Taddeo suspect surviving mankind might be?
(a) an experiment accidentally let loose in the world
(b) a servant species created by a higher civilization
(c) a regression to an earlier stage of evolution
(d) a mutation caused by radiation
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the war between Hannegan and Laredo?
2. What does Benjamin say the sign outside his tent means?
3. What does God do to the prince in the myth of the Flame Deluge?
4. How has Taddeo responded to the Memorabilia?
5. What does Tadeo offer to do after the war begins?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)