|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many monks does it take to run the invention?
2. What does Asian radio say about the destruction of Texarkana?
(a) The missle came from the moon.
(b) They have know knowledge of the origin of the missle.
(c) An errant Atlantic missile is responsible.
(d) The missle came from an orbiting satellite.
3. For whom does Paulo think Benjamin is waiting?
(a) the Messiah
4. What happens to the King of Loredo?
(a) He is poisoned.
(b) He surrenders immediately to Hannegan.
(c) He dies in battle.
(d) He is beheaded.
5. What does Taddeo request for his journey?
6. Who enters the dining hall at the end of Chapter 20 to see Taddeo?
(a) the Pope
(b) a messenger from Hannegan
(c) the Poet
(d) the Old Jew
7. What does Rachel say to Zerchi?
8. What does Hannegan do when the Vatican warns Hannegan's enemy about the coming war?
(a) arrests Monsignor Apollo
(b) breaks Monsignor Apollo's arms
(c) exiles Monsignor Apollo
(d) declares war on New Rome
9. How does Taddeo react to Kornhoer's invention?
(a) with horror
(b) with distain
(c) with amazed interest
(d) with boredom
10. What name does the Old Jew go by in Chapter 25?
11. Why is Paulo fasting?
(a) because of his stomach problems
(b) because he is too worried to eat
(c) because he is praying for peace
(d) because he knows the abbey is short on food
12. What does Mad Bear drink?
(a) goat's blood
(b) pig's blood
(c) steer's blood
(d) chicken's blood
13. What does Taddeo believe the monks have done?
(a) kept Kornhoer's invention secret for centuries
(b) received a holy inspiration from God
(c) leapt ahead in scientific advances through intuition
(d) performed a trick on him
14. Who does Hannegan issue a decree condemning?
(a) the Poet
(b) the Pope
15. How does Taddeo think the monks may react to his ideas?
(a) He thinks that they will be welcoming but skeptical.
(b) He thinks they will all praise him.
(c) He is afraid they will be offended.
(d) He thinks none of them could understand, even in simple language.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zerchi react to Mercy Camp Number 18 being set up down the road?
2. To whom does Paulo compare the smile on the statue of Leibowitz?
3. How does Paulo feel about Taddeo's approaching visit?
4. Who is Mrs. Grales?
5. What does Taddeo suspect surviving mankind might be?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)