|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mad Bear rule?
(a) the Barbarian clans
(b) the Plateau clans
(c) the Mountain clans
(d) the Plains clans
2. What does Zerchi do to Cors after the girl and her baby go to the mercy camp?
(a) He hits him.
(b) He excommunicates him.
(c) He promises to allow him access to the abbey.
(d) He forgives him.
3. What does Paulo say Taddeo's evidence comes from?
(b) a mistranslation
(c) a play or fictional dialog
(d) a science fiction novel of the 20th century
4. What does the statue at the mercy camp resemble?
(b) the President
(c) a weeping mother
(d) the Old Jew
5. For whom does Paulo think Benjamin is waiting?
(a) the Messiah
6. After the war, what does Hannegan do to Apollo?
(a) exiles him
(b) executes him
(c) enslaves him
(d) releases him
7. What does the Defense Minister say about reports of increased radiation levels and nuclear testing?
(a) He says that nucear bomb tests are being conducted but that they are safe.
(b) He says that the report of increased radiation is false.
(c) He says the increase is due to natural phenomena.
(d) He responds that nuclear testing is illegal.
8. What does Tadeo offer to do after the war begins?
(a) leave the abbey
(b) petition Hannegan for peace
(c) give the monks an escapte route
(d) fight anyone who invades the abbey
9. Why is Paulo fasting?
(a) because he knows the abbey is short on food
(b) because of his stomach problems
(c) because he is too worried to eat
(d) because he is praying for peace
10. Why doesn't Mrs. Grayles go to Father Selo for confession?
(a) Mrs. Grayles doesn't like Father Selo.
(b) One of her sins has to do with Father Selo.
(c) Father Selo has died.
(d) Mrs. Grayles is embarrassed to confess to Father Selo.
11. What does the APLAC machine do, when it works?
(a) heats up food
(b) decodes ciphers used to send secret messages
(c) provides power to the abbey
(d) translates messages into other languages
12. What does Mrs. Grales want the abbot to do?
(a) give Rachel a last confession
(b) take Rachel off the planet
(c) baptize Rachel
(d) give Rachel communion
13. Why does Taddeo prefer the fragile original documents to the copies?
(a) The copyists were not always accurate.
(b) The original documents can be carbon dated.
(c) Though the originals are fraile, the copies are even more delicate.
(d) The copies have faded worse over time than the originals.
14. What does Taddeo believe the monks have done?
(a) kept Kornhoer's invention secret for centuries
(b) received a holy inspiration from God
(c) leapt ahead in scientific advances through intuition
(d) performed a trick on him
15. Why does Mad Bear stop raiding Hannegan?
(a) to stop upcoming war
(b) to encourage peace and joint prosperity
(c) in exchange for weapons and supplies
(d) to plan a larger assault
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a red tag given by the Green Star Relief Station give a person the right to do?
2. Where does the Church plan to send a mission to preserve humanity?
3. What does Asian radio say about the destruction of Texarkana?
4. What does Rachel say to Zerchi?
5. About what do Dr. Cors and Zerchi disagree?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)