|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Defense Minister say about reports of increased radiation levels and nuclear testing?
(a) He says that nucear bomb tests are being conducted but that they are safe.
(b) He says the increase is due to natural phenomena.
(c) He says that the report of increased radiation is false.
(d) He responds that nuclear testing is illegal.
2. Who is Mrs. Grales?
(a) a mysterious holy woman who visits the abbey
(b) a local fortune teller
(c) a villager who worships St. Leibowitz
(d) a mutant two-headed woman
3. Who does Zerchi take to town?
(a) three of his monks
(c) Mrs. Grayles and Rachel
(d) a dying girl and her suffering baby
4. What does Joshua's data show?
(a) The fluctuations in radiation are meaningless anomalies.
(b) A new kind of non-nuclear destructive weapon is being developed.
(c) Nuclear weapons are likely being tested.
(d) Nuclear weapons tests were likely failures.
5. What does a red tag given by the Green Star Relief Station give a person the right to do?
(a) get medical aid from the abbey
(b) have shelter at the relief station
(c) die at a "mercy camp"
(d) go back into the closed off areas of Texarkana
6. What name does the Old Jew go by in Chapter 25?
7. To what does Taddeo compare the Poet?
(a) a court jester
(b) a mad king
(c) the Tower of Babbel
(d) a wise king
8. How does Taddeo react to the stories of monks who have died or gone blind preserving the Memorabilia?
(a) He wishes he could go back and save them.
(b) He is indifferent to their sacrifice.
(c) He thinks the stories are false.
(d) He honors their memories.
9. How long is the war between Hannegan and Laredo?
(a) one day
(b) one week
(c) one month
(d) one year
10. Why does Taddeo prefer the fragile original documents to the copies?
(a) The copyists were not always accurate.
(b) Though the originals are fraile, the copies are even more delicate.
(c) The copies have faded worse over time than the originals.
(d) The original documents can be carbon dated.
11. What does Cors do when he breaks his promise to the abbot?
(a) confesses and offers to leave
(b) confesses and promises not to lapse again
(c) keeps it a secret
(d) tries to trick the abbot into believing someone else did it
12. Why does Taddeo want the measurement of how deep the wood is worn down at the entrance to the refectory?
(a) to have evidence of how many monks passed through over how many years
(b) to find out the average weight of the monks over the years
(c) to find out if there are forgotten secret passages in the abbey
(d) as evidence of how well cared for the abbey is
13. What does Rachel say to Zerchi?
14. What does Benjamin say the sign outside his tent means?
(a) "Tents Mended Here"
(b) "Beware of Dogs"
(c) "Stormy Weather Ahead"
(d) "Fortunes Told Inside"
15. How does Taddeo think the monks may react to his ideas?
(a) He thinks they will all praise him.
(b) He is afraid they will be offended.
(c) He thinks none of them could understand, even in simple language.
(d) He thinks that they will be welcoming but skeptical.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the King of Loredo?
2. What does Taddeo want Kornhoer to do?
3. What is Thon Maho Makh investigating?
4. What is Thon Esser Shon trying to create?
5. Why is Zerchi late to give Mrs. Grales confession?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)