|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Paulo think Benjamin is waiting?
(a) the Messiah
2. Wat does Taddeo accuse the monks of doing?
(a) withholding knowledge from mankind
(b) forgetting their origins
(c) trying to keep him at the abbey
(d) secretly organizing against Hannegan
3. What might prevent Joshua and the monks from taking off in their spaceship?
(a) The monks will likely back out at the last minute.
(b) The spaceship is untested and might not fly.
(c) The government might revoke the Church's right to its own space missions.
(d) The Church will likely change its mind about the mission.
4. What does Paulo say Taddeo's evidence comes from?
(b) a mistranslation
(c) a play or fictional dialog
(d) a science fiction novel of the 20th century
5. Why does Taddeo want the measurement of how deep the wood is worn down at the entrance to the refectory?
(a) to have evidence of how many monks passed through over how many years
(b) to find out the average weight of the monks over the years
(c) as evidence of how well cared for the abbey is
(d) to find out if there are forgotten secret passages in the abbey
6. How long is the war between Hannegan and Laredo?
(a) one month
(b) one week
(c) one year
(d) one day
7. What does the police officer give Zerchi?
(a) a subpoena to testify about the mercy camp
(b) an injunction to stop the protests
(c) papers for a civil court case about the protest
(d) a medal for service to the refugees
8. What does Paulo tell Kornhoer?
(a) Paulo tells Kornhoer the invention must be dismantled.
(b) Paulo rebukes Kornhoer for frighening everyone.
(c) Paulo tells Kornhoer the invention is not as impressive as he thought.
(d) Paulo congratulates Kornhoer on his success.
9. What happens to the King of Loredo?
(a) He dies in battle.
(b) He surrenders immediately to Hannegan.
(c) He is poisoned.
(d) He is beheaded.
10. What does God do to the prince in the myth of the Flame Deluge?
(a) banishes him to Purgatory
(b) slays him
(c) sentences him to walk the Earth eternally
(d) saves him when the prince repents
11. What does Mad Bear drink?
(a) chicken's blood
(b) steer's blood
(c) goat's blood
(d) pig's blood
12. What does Taddeo give Paulo before he leaves?
(a) a pouch full of gold
(b) the officers' sketches of the abbey
(c) a warning about Hannegan
(d) a transistor from before the Great Deluge
13. How does Zerchi react to Mercy Camp Number 18 being set up down the road?
(a) He plans to sabotage the camp.
(b) He talks with Cors and is convinced the camp is needed.
(c) He turns a blind eye to the camp.
(d) He orders monks to picket in protest.
14. How does Taddeo react to Kornhoer's invention?
(a) with amazed interest
(b) with boredom
(c) with distain
(d) with horror
15. Who does Hannegan issue a decree condemning?
(b) the Poet
(c) the Pope
Short Answer Questions
1. After the war, what does Hannegan do to Apollo?
2. What does Mrs. Grales want the abbot to do?
3. What does Rachel say to Zerchi?
4. What does Tadeo offer to do after the war begins?
5. What behavior of Taddeo's party worries Paulo?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)