|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paulo treat the Old Jew?
(a) as an enemy
(b) as a heathen who must be converted
(d) as a friend
2. What does Paulo say Taddeo's evidence comes from?
(a) a science fiction novel of the 20th century
(c) a play or fictional dialog
(d) a mistranslation
3. What does Mad Bear drink?
(a) steer's blood
(b) pig's blood
(c) goat's blood
(d) chicken's blood
4. How has Taddeo responded to the Memorabilia?
(a) He says too much is lost to make sense of it.
(b) He says that he will be able to understand it all within 5 years.
(c) He is amazed at the amount of lost knowledge, which will take decades to fully understand.
(d) He believes that most of the Memorabilia is faked and meaningless.
5. How does the Poet die?
(a) He commits suicide.
(b) He is shot while stabbing an officer who is trying to capture refugees.
(c) He is hanged for treason.
(d) He runs out of water while he is lost in the desert.
6. What does Taddeo believe the monks have done?
(a) leapt ahead in scientific advances through intuition
(b) received a holy inspiration from God
(c) kept Kornhoer's invention secret for centuries
(d) performed a trick on him
7. What does Mad Bear rule?
(a) the Plateau clans
(b) the Barbarian clans
(c) the Mountain clans
(d) the Plains clans
8. What does a red tag given by the Green Star Relief Station give a person the right to do?
(a) die at a "mercy camp"
(b) have shelter at the relief station
(c) get medical aid from the abbey
(d) go back into the closed off areas of Texarkana
9. How does Taddeo think the monks may react to his ideas?
(a) He thinks they will all praise him.
(b) He thinks that they will be welcoming but skeptical.
(c) He thinks none of them could understand, even in simple language.
(d) He is afraid they will be offended.
10. Who is Rachel?
(a) Mrs. Grales' sister
(b) Mrs. Grales' niece
(c) Mrs. Grales' second head
(d) Mrs. Grales' daughter
11. Who does Zerchi take to town?
(a) Mrs. Grayles and Rachel
(b) a dying girl and her suffering baby
(c) three of his monks
12. What does Zerchi do to Cors after the girl and her baby go to the mercy camp?
(a) He hits him.
(b) He promises to allow him access to the abbey.
(c) He excommunicates him.
(d) He forgives him.
13. What name does the Old Jew go by in Chapter 25?
14. What happens during Mrs. Grayles' confession?
(a) the arrival of military troops
(b) the arrival of a messenger with news of peace
(c) a missile attack
(d) an earthquake
15. What does Taddeo give Paulo before he leaves?
(a) a pouch full of gold
(b) a warning about Hannegan
(c) a transistor from before the Great Deluge
(d) the officers' sketches of the abbey
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose skull does Zerchi see as he lays dying?
2. What does Rachel give to Zerchi?
3. What is Mad Bear's attitude toward Taddeo?
4. What does Cors do when he breaks his promise to the abbot?
5. What does the police officer give Zerchi?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)