|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Vatican's response?
(a) to issue an interdict against Hannegan
(b) to begin peace talks with Hannegan
(c) to promise Hannegan gold to guarantee peace
(d) to send in Vatican forces
2. Where does the Church plan to send a mission to preserve humanity?
(b) the moon
(d) Alpha Centauri
3. What does the APLAC do to Zerchi's data?
(a) loses it
(b) falsifies it
(c) reverses it
(d) burns it
4. What does Tadeo offer to do after the war begins?
(a) fight anyone who invades the abbey
(b) petition Hannegan for peace
(c) give the monks an escapte route
(d) leave the abbey
5. What does the Old Jew, Benjamin, do when Paulo comes to return his goat?
(a) He makes a bet with Paulo over the goat.
(b) He takes the goat back without thanks.
(c) He refuses to take the goat back.
(d) He rewards Paulo for returning the goat.
6. What is Thon Esser Shon trying to create?
(a) a solar battery
(b) living protoplasm
(d) a black hole
7. How does Taddeo greet Paulo?
(a) with a present
(d) with dozens of questions
8. Why does Taddeo want the measurement of how deep the wood is worn down at the entrance to the refectory?
(a) to find out if there are forgotten secret passages in the abbey
(b) as evidence of how well cared for the abbey is
(c) to have evidence of how many monks passed through over how many years
(d) to find out the average weight of the monks over the years
9. What is Thon Maho Makh investigating?
(a) the effects of nuclear radiation on humanity
(b) the possible existence of a lost pocket of civilization
(c) the beginning of the solar system
(d) evolution and the origin of humanity
10. What does God do to the prince in the myth of the Flame Deluge?
(a) saves him when the prince repents
(b) slays him
(c) banishes him to Purgatory
(d) sentences him to walk the Earth eternally
11. Why is Zerchi late to give Mrs. Grales confession?
(a) He must make his own confession.
(b) He must post bail.
(c) He must calm down the other monks.
(d) He forgets about the appointment.
12. How does Taddeo react to the stories of monks who have died or gone blind preserving the Memorabilia?
(a) He honors their memories.
(b) He thinks the stories are false.
(c) He wishes he could go back and save them.
(d) He is indifferent to their sacrifice.
13. How does Paulo feel about Taddeo's approaching visit?
14. Who is Mrs. Grales?
(a) a villager who worships St. Leibowitz
(b) a mysterious holy woman who visits the abbey
(c) a mutant two-headed woman
(d) a local fortune teller
15. What does Rachel refuse from Zerchi?
(a) last rites
(d) food and water
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rachel?
2. How many priests does the abbey send on the mission?
3. How does Taddeo think the monks may react to his ideas?
4. What does a red tag given by the Green Star Relief Station give a person the right to do?
5. What does Zerchi do to Cors after the girl and her baby go to the mercy camp?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)