|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Thon Taddeo Pfardentrott interested in?
(a) making sure his half-sister marries well
(b) studying the Leibowitzian documents of the monks
(c) taking over power from Hannegan
(d) avoiding the coming war
2. What would we term Taddeo's field of study today?
3. What is Leibowitz's goal in the priesthood?
(a) to build up his own glory for his future sainthood
(b) to rebuild an atom bomb
(c) to put the world under the control of the church
(d) to preserve human history
4. What does Brother Francis find that has the name Leibowitz, I.E. on it?
(b) a poster
(c) a diary
(d) a blueprint
5. Where did Kornhoer get the information to help him create his invention?
(a) from one hidden book he deciphered
(b) from fragments of documents in the abbey
(c) from Brother Armbruster
(d) from a vision he had in his sleep
6. What does Brother Francis find in the hole?
(a) a book
(b) a coffin
(c) a box
(d) a staircase
7. What does Flaught conclude about Francis' blueprint?
(a) It shows his misunderstanding of 20th century blueprint processes.
(b) It is a brilliant work of art.
(c) It shows his ability as a forger.
(d) It is a waste of effort.
8. When does Brother Francis believe the Fallout was born?
(a) at the end of time
(b) in the Great Fire
(c) in the Flame Deluge
(d) in the Firey Exculpation
9. What is Francis' pet project as a copyist?
(a) restoring lost words from damaged documents
(b) making an illuminated version of Leibowitz's blueprint
(c) decoding Leibowitz's memo book
(d) creating illustrated panels of Leibowitz's name
10. What is Brother Francis building?
(a) a shelter
(b) a fire pit
(c) an altar
(d) a statue
11. What happened to Francis as a child?
(a) He was adopted by a loving Utah couple.
(b) He was kidnapped by a shaman.
(c) He had a vision of Leibowitz.
(d) He ran away from his parents' home.
12. How does Francis respond to being hit by the Abbot?
(a) He begs the Abbot to stop.
(b) He says, "Deo gratias!"
(c) He groans and asks for forgiveness.
(d) He remains silent and submits to his punishment.
13. What is Brother Kornhoer inventing?
(a) a printing press
(b) an electtric light
(c) a copying machine
(d) a telegraph
14. Is Leibowitz a saint at the beginning of the novel?
(a) No, and the monks have given up on having him canonized.
(b) Yes, he was canonized long ago.
(c) No, he is not yet canonized.
(d) Yes, he was recently canonized.
15. What does Brother Francis at first believe is in the hole?
(a) a scroll
(c) an animal
(d) the remains of Blessed Leibowitz
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Francis try to get the illumination back?
2. Why does the Pope say Francis' time creating the illustrated blueprint was not wasted?
3. What is the role of the Devil's Advocate?
4. Cheroki's reaction to Francis' confession is ____________.
5. What does Francis picture the fallout shelter becoming?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)