|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Bookleggers?
(a) monks who memorize books word for word
(b) monks who hide books in kegs
(c) monks who hide books on their person, usually in their pants
(d) criminals to use books to make alcohol
2. What do the Dominicans find in the sealed inner chamber of the Fallout Shelter?
(a) a miraculously preserved body
(b) a treasure trove of electronic equipment
(c) 15 skeletons
(d) blueprint making materials
3. What does Flaught conclude about Francis' story?
(a) It is important evidence.
(b) It is a manufactured response, made up by the monks together.
(c) It is a true miracle.
(d) It is trivial.
4. Why does Taddeo want the documents to be brought to him instead of going to the abbey?
(a) He thinks that if he finds out the documents are forged, the monks might try to harm him.
(b) He is too ill to travel.
(c) He believes scholars will think conclusions he comes to at the abbey are biased.
(d) He thinks that the monks at the abbey will try to force him to stay.
5. Why does Cheroki find standing and kneeling uncomfortable?
(a) His legs are wounded.
(b) He was mutated by radiation.
(c) He is used to sitting in a chair.
(d) He has arthritis.
6. Who does Paulo kick out of the guesthouse?
(a) the Bard
(b) the Poet
(c) the Pauper
(d) the Preacher
7. What is Leibowitz's goal in the priesthood?
(a) to preserve human history
(b) to rebuild an atom bomb
(c) to build up his own glory for his future sainthood
(d) to put the world under the control of the church
8. What is Thon Taddeo Pfardentrott interested in?
(a) making sure his half-sister marries well
(b) taking over power from Hannegan
(c) studying the Leibowitzian documents of the monks
(d) avoiding the coming war
9. What decree does the Pope give Francis?
(a) a decree of excommunication against anyone who attacks Francis
(b) a decree of honor awarding Francis a high place in his order
(c) a decree of canonization officializing the canoniation of St. Leibowitz
(d) a decree of service rewarding Francis for everything he's done in honor of St. Leibowitz
10. In addition to being diplomatic to Taddeo, why does Apollo meet with him?
(a) He hopes to persuade Taddeo to ask for the documents to be sent to him.
(b) He hopes to find out what Taddeo knows about Leibowitz.
(c) He hopes to get political information.
(d) He hopes to ask a favor.
11. Who does the Pope ask to come to New Rome?
12. Where does the Abbot send Francis?
(a) back to his vigil in a new location
(b) back to the ruins
(c) to his room to meditate on his sins
(d) to the infirmary
13. Who educated Taddeo?
14. Why is Brother Francis reluctant to speak to the pilgrim?
(a) He is not allowed to speak during his fast.
(b) He has taken a vow of silence and can't remember how to talk.
(c) His throat is hoarse, and it hurts to talk.
(d) He's not sure if the pilgrim will attack him.
15. Why does Brother Francis only hope to find paper artifacts in the fallout shelter?
(a) Brother Francis believes he can use carbon dating on paper artifacts to date the site.
(b) Paper artifacts are most valuable because most paper has decayed.
(c) Excavating for anything but paper documents has been ruled too dangerous.
(d) Brother Francis confuses all paper for the paper money used before the catastrophe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who insists that Francis must complete his illuminated blueprint?
2. What does the Pope decide, based on the evidence?
3. What does Paulo have in his office?
4. What is the role of the Devil's Advocate?
5. What does Francis see when he awakes?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)