|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Francis believe the strange pilgrim was supernatural?
(a) Yes, he is completely convinced the stranger was actually St. Leibowitz.
(b) No, he realizes the stranger was an ordinary man who tricked him and planned an escape through the mountains.
(c) Yes, but he admits the stranger may have been an ordinary man.
(d) No, he believes the pilgrim was an ordinary man but doesn't know what happened to him.
2. Why does Francis fail to complete his shelter?
(a) He cannot find the right shape rock for the last piece.
(b) He spends too much time exploring the fallout shelter and runs out of light.
(c) He realizes that while he's been in the fallout shelter, wolves have surrounded his shelter.
(d) He cannot find enough rocks to complete the shelter.
3. In Chapter 1, what is Brother Francis Gerard of Utah doing in the desert?
(a) running away
(b) looking for pilgrims
(d) searching for relics
4. What is Brother Fingo's current job?
(b) cook's helper
5. What does Brother Francis believe Fallout is?
(a) a monster
(b) a saint
(d) a weather system
6. What confession prompts Cheroki to withhold absolution from Francis?
(a) Francis' altercation with the pilgrim
(b) Francis' story about finding the relics
(c) Francis' failure to finish his shelter
(d) Francis' temptation to eat the pilgrim's food
7. With what does the Abbot hit Francis?
(a) a long staff
(b) his open hand
(c) a hickory ruler
(d) an ancient tome
8. What does the Abbot do when Francis won't categorically deny any mystical significance to the stranger?
(a) throws Francis out of the abbey
(b) blackmails Francis into lying about his experience
(c) refuses to allow Francis to take his vows
(d) beats Francis each day for 10 days
9. Where does the unwelcome guest claim to have gotten the Old Jew's goat?
(a) in a game of poker
(b) from the slaughterhouse
(c) wandering aimlessly on the moor
(d) in a game of mumbly-peg
10. What is Francis' pet project as a copyist?
(a) creating illustrated panels of Leibowitz's name
(b) making an illuminated version of Leibowitz's blueprint
(c) decoding Leibowitz's memo book
(d) restoring lost words from damaged documents
11. What does Brother Francis find that lets him know the fallout shelter hasn't been plundered?
(a) a ruby ring
(b) a gold necklace
(c) a gold tooth
(d) gold coins
12. Where did Kornhoer get the information to help him create his invention?
(a) from a vision he had in his sleep
(b) from fragments of documents in the abbey
(c) from Brother Armbruster
(d) from one hidden book he deciphered
13. What does Apollo agree to do?
(a) go to the abbey to get the documents for Taddeo
(b) go to New Rome to ask permission for Taddeo to see the documents
(c) ask the abbot, Dom Paulo, to lend the documents to Taddeo
(d) go to the abbey bring back proof of auhentication of the documents
14. What offer does the robber finally make Francis?
(a) The robber will let Francis away with his life if Francis promises not to persue him.
(b) The robber will return the illumination for two heklos of gold.
(c) The robber will return the illumination for a chance to meet the Pope.
(d) The robber will destroy the illumination if anyone comes after him.
15. What does Brother Francis find that has the name Leibowitz, I.E. on it?
(b) a poster
(c) a diary
(d) a blueprint
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brother Francis only hope to find paper artifacts in the fallout shelter?
2. What does Paulo refuse to do?
3. Why does the robber take the illumination instead of the original?
4. What are Bookleggers?
5. How does the Pope enter the chamber for the canonization?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)