|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Pope say Francis' time creating the illustrated blueprint was not wasted?
(a) The Pope says that Francis's time won't be wasted if the blueprint is recovered.
(b) No time spent in labor of God is ever wasted.
(c) The illustrated blueprint is still beautiful, even though it is lost.
(d) His efforts caused the robber to take the illustrated blueprint instead of the real relic.
2. Who insists that Francis must complete his illuminated blueprint?
3. What is Brother Francis building?
(a) a statue
(b) a fire pit
(c) an altar
(d) a shelter
4. When does Brother Francis believe the Fallout was born?
(a) in the Flame Deluge
(b) at the end of time
(c) in the Firey Exculpation
(d) in the Great Fire
5. What decree does the Pope give Francis?
(a) a decree of canonization officializing the canoniation of St. Leibowitz
(b) a decree of service rewarding Francis for everything he's done in honor of St. Leibowitz
(c) a decree of honor awarding Francis a high place in his order
(d) a decree of excommunication against anyone who attacks Francis
6. How long is the journey from the abbey to New Rome?
(a) three days
(b) three months
(c) three years
(d) three weeks
7. What does Brother Francis find that has the name Leibowitz, I.E. on it?
(a) a poster
(b) a blueprint
(c) a diary
8. How much weight has Francis lost during his vigil?
(a) 10 pounds
(b) 40 pounds
(c) 30 pounds
(d) 20 pounds
9. Why are the monks unwelcoming toward Monsignor Flaught?
(a) Flaught has an eerie aura of the devil about him.
(b) Flaught's job is to argue against the canonization of Leibowitz.
(c) Flaught is a disbeliever who tries to force his atheism on the monks.
(d) Flaught is an unpreposessing person whom the monks dislike on sight.
10. In addition to being diplomatic to Taddeo, why does Apollo meet with him?
(a) He hopes to persuade Taddeo to ask for the documents to be sent to him.
(b) He hopes to ask a favor.
(c) He hopes to find out what Taddeo knows about Leibowitz.
(d) He hopes to get political information.
11. What does the Abbot do with the fallout shelter?
(a) He closes it without investigating the find.
(b) He closes is awaiting the arrival of trained archaeologists.
(c) He sends to Rome for instructions, meanwhile marking it off limits.
(d) He sends three monks to inventoy it and then closes it.
12. What does Francis see when he awakes?
(a) a wolf
(b) a vision of Leibowitz
(c) a buzzard
(d) a vision of New Rome
13. What does Flaught conclude about Francis' blueprint?
(a) It shows his ability as a forger.
(b) It shows his misunderstanding of 20th century blueprint processes.
(c) It is a brilliant work of art.
(d) It is a waste of effort.
14. Whose skull is rumored to be the skull with the gold tooth?
(a) the Fallout monster
(c) Leibowitz's best friend
(d) Emily, Leibowitz's wife
15. What does the Pope decide, based on the evidence?
(a) to canonize Leibowitz
(b) to remove Leibowitz's name from the rolls of possible cannonization
(c) to hold a second investigation
(d) to disband the Albertine Order of Leibowitz
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paulo find in a vase of water in the guesthouse?
2. What does Francis confess to eating?
3. Who does Paulo kick out of the guesthouse?
4. What does Brother Francis find that lets him know the fallout shelter hasn't been plundered?
5. Why does Cheroki finally absolve Francis?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)