|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the role of the Devil's Advocate?
(a) to argue against continuing the word of the Order
(b) to argue for the truth of the rumors
(c) to argue against Leibowitz's sainthood
(d) to argue against Francis's priesthood
2. What does Paulo have in his office?
(a) the original Leibowitz blueprint relic
(b) Fingo's carving of St. Leibowitz
(c) Francis's illuminated blueprint
(d) five pages of indecipherable text
3. Why does Cheroki find standing and kneeling uncomfortable?
(a) He has arthritis.
(b) His legs are wounded.
(c) He is used to sitting in a chair.
(d) He was mutated by radiation.
4. To what does Brother Francis attribute his finding of the fallout shelter?
(a) a purposeful design by the strange pilgrim
(b) a sign from God of his vocation as a monk of Leibowitz
(c) a lucky accident
(d) an inevitable, predestined fate
5. What decree does the Pope give Francis?
(a) a decree of service rewarding Francis for everything he's done in honor of St. Leibowitz
(b) a decree of canonization officializing the canoniation of St. Leibowitz
(c) a decree of excommunication against anyone who attacks Francis
(d) a decree of honor awarding Francis a high place in his order
6. What does Flaught conclude about Francis' story?
(a) It is trivial.
(b) It is important evidence.
(c) It is a true miracle.
(d) It is a manufactured response, made up by the monks together.
7. What term for the unlearned do the people of the Simplification embrace as a complimentary term?
8. What does the abbot do when he finds out that Francis is planning a complex, illustrated project glorifying Leibowitz's blueprint?
(a) revokes Francis's vocation
(b) orders Francis to stop work on the project immediately
(c) shrugs and walk away
(d) sends Francis back to work in the kitchen
9. Why doesn't Francis open the racing form?
(a) The racing form is stuck together with some kind of glue.
(b) Francis considers the racing form holy and doesn't want to touch it.
(c) The old paper is too fragile.
(d) The monks believe that gambling is a sin.
10. What does the sampetrius place before the papal throne?
(a) a pillow
(b) a scepter
(c) a footstool
(d) a carpet
11. Cheroki's reaction to Francis' confession is ____________.
12. What does Francis confess to eating?
(b) a squirrel
(c) a quail
(d) a lizard
13. What does the Abbot do with the fallout shelter?
(a) He sends three monks to inventoy it and then closes it.
(b) He closes is awaiting the arrival of trained archaeologists.
(c) He sends to Rome for instructions, meanwhile marking it off limits.
(d) He closes it without investigating the find.
14. How does Francis try to get the illumination back?
(a) by threatening the robber with lightning from God
(b) by wrestling the robber
(c) by stabbing the robber
(d) by threatening the robber with reprisals from New Rome
15. Who attacks Francis on his way to Rome?
(a) a short, normal-seeming robber and his two-headed companion
(b) two normal-seeming men who claim that they are angels
(c) two brawny, muscled men with three eyes
(d) an ugly, stocky old woman and three young girls
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Francis admit about the strange pilgrim?
2. Why are the monks unwelcoming toward Monsignor Flaught?
3. What does Abbot Arkos dislike about Fingo's figure of Leibowitz?
4. Why does Brother Francis only hope to find paper artifacts in the fallout shelter?
5. How does Francis initially think blueprints were produced?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)