|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Bookleggers?
(a) criminals to use books to make alcohol
(b) monks who hide books on their person, usually in their pants
(c) monks who memorize books word for word
(d) monks who hide books in kegs
2. What does the Pope decide, based on the evidence?
(a) to remove Leibowitz's name from the rolls of possible cannonization
(b) to hold a second investigation
(c) to canonize Leibowitz
(d) to disband the Albertine Order of Leibowitz
3. What does Kornhoer want to remove from the alcove where Taddeo will work?
(a) a font that blocks the chair
(b) a statue that takes up desk space
(c) a crucifix that blocks the light
(d) a poster that covers the window
4. Which of the following does Flaught NOT use as an argument against Francis' testimony?
(a) Francis might have misread the word Leibowitz on the blueprint.
(b) Francis might be mistaken that the "Em" referrs to Emily Leibowitz.
(c) Francis might be suffering from mental illness.
(d) Francis' finds might be forged.
5. What is the role of the Devil's Advocate?
(a) to argue against continuing the word of the Order
(b) to argue against Francis's priesthood
(c) to argue against Leibowitz's sainthood
(d) to argue for the truth of the rumors
6. How old does the Old Jew claim to be?
7. What does Paulo have in his office?
(a) five pages of indecipherable text
(b) Francis's illuminated blueprint
(c) the original Leibowitz blueprint relic
(d) Fingo's carving of St. Leibowitz
8. What do the Dominicans find in the sealed inner chamber of the Fallout Shelter?
(a) 15 skeletons
(b) a treasure trove of electronic equipment
(c) blueprint making materials
(d) a miraculously preserved body
9. What is Leibowitz's goal in the priesthood?
(a) to rebuild an atom bomb
(b) to preserve human history
(c) to build up his own glory for his future sainthood
(d) to put the world under the control of the church
10. Why are the monks unwelcoming toward Monsignor Flaught?
(a) Flaught's job is to argue against the canonization of Leibowitz.
(b) Flaught has an eerie aura of the devil about him.
(c) Flaught is a disbeliever who tries to force his atheism on the monks.
(d) Flaught is an unpreposessing person whom the monks dislike on sight.
11. Where does the Abbot send Francis?
(a) back to the ruins
(b) to his room to meditate on his sins
(c) to the infirmary
(d) back to his vigil in a new location
12. How does the Pope enter the chamber for the canonization?
(a) He parades in, leading a contingent of guards.
(b) He is lowered down from the ceiling.
(c) He is carried in on a chair.
(d) He appears from behind curtains.
13. Why is Brother Francis reluctant to speak to the pilgrim?
(a) He has taken a vow of silence and can't remember how to talk.
(b) He is not allowed to speak during his fast.
(c) He's not sure if the pilgrim will attack him.
(d) His throat is hoarse, and it hurts to talk.
14. What does the pilgrim have to eat?
(a) milk and bread
(b) a dry crust
(c) meat and cheese
(d) a biscuit and cheese
15. Does Francis believe the strange pilgrim was supernatural?
(a) Yes, but he admits the stranger may have been an ordinary man.
(b) No, he believes the pilgrim was an ordinary man but doesn't know what happened to him.
(c) No, he realizes the stranger was an ordinary man who tricked him and planned an escape through the mountains.
(d) Yes, he is completely convinced the stranger was actually St. Leibowitz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Francis ask forgiveness for during confession?
2. What does Francis believe is the most significant event that happened to him in the desert?
3. How does Francis initially think blueprints were produced?
4. What is Brother Fingo's current job?
5. To what does Cheroki compare Francis' desire to have a vocation?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)