|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brother Fingo's current job?
(c) cook's helper
2. What does the Abbot do when Francis won't categorically deny any mystical significance to the stranger?
(a) refuses to allow Francis to take his vows
(b) beats Francis each day for 10 days
(c) blackmails Francis into lying about his experience
(d) throws Francis out of the abbey
3. Why does the Pope say Francis' time creating the illustrated blueprint was not wasted?
(a) His efforts caused the robber to take the illustrated blueprint instead of the real relic.
(b) The Pope says that Francis's time won't be wasted if the blueprint is recovered.
(c) No time spent in labor of God is ever wasted.
(d) The illustrated blueprint is still beautiful, even though it is lost.
4. Why does Cheroki find standing and kneeling uncomfortable?
(a) He has arthritis.
(b) He was mutated by radiation.
(c) His legs are wounded.
(d) He is used to sitting in a chair.
5. What is Brother Fingo's original trade?
(c) map maker
(d) horse trainer
6. What does Kornhoer want to remove from the alcove where Taddeo will work?
(a) a font that blocks the chair
(b) a crucifix that blocks the light
(c) a poster that covers the window
(d) a statue that takes up desk space
7. Where did Kornhoer get the information to help him create his invention?
(a) from fragments of documents in the abbey
(b) from one hidden book he deciphered
(c) from a vision he had in his sleep
(d) from Brother Armbruster
8. What is the result of Kornhoer's test of his invention?
(a) The invention explodes.
(b) The invention quietly fails.
(c) The invention works.
(d) The invention works for a while and then quits without explanation.
9. What does Paulo refuse to do?
(a) see a doctor
(b) allow Taddeo in the abbey
(c) allow Kornhoer's invention to remain assembled
(d) greet Taddeo on his arrival
10. What does Brother Francis at first believe is in the hole?
(b) a scroll
(c) the remains of Blessed Leibowitz
(d) an animal
11. What does the Pope decide, based on the evidence?
(a) to hold a second investigation
(b) to canonize Leibowitz
(c) to disband the Albertine Order of Leibowitz
(d) to remove Leibowitz's name from the rolls of possible cannonization
12. In Chapter 1, what is Brother Francis Gerard of Utah doing in the desert?
(a) searching for relics
(c) running away
(d) looking for pilgrims
13. Who was Taddeo's mother?
(a) a poor but politically powerful woman
(b) a wealthy woman lacking political power
(c) a wealthy, powerful woman who scorned marriage
(d) an unmarried serving maid
14. What is Brother Kornhoer inventing?
(a) a telegraph
(b) a copying machine
(c) an electtric light
(d) a printing press
15. What does Paulo have in his office?
(a) the original Leibowitz blueprint relic
(b) Francis's illuminated blueprint
(c) Fingo's carving of St. Leibowitz
(d) five pages of indecipherable text
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Francis fail to complete his shelter?
2. What is Francis' pet project as a copyist?
3. What does Francis say about the rumors surrounding his meeting of the pilgrim?
4. What does Brother Francis believe Fallout is?
5. What would we term Taddeo's field of study today?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)