|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kornhoer want to remove from the alcove where Taddeo will work?
(a) a statue that takes up desk space
(b) a font that blocks the chair
(c) a crucifix that blocks the light
(d) a poster that covers the window
2. What does Paulo refuse to do?
(a) allow Kornhoer's invention to remain assembled
(b) greet Taddeo on his arrival
(c) see a doctor
(d) allow Taddeo in the abbey
3. What does Francis admit about the strange pilgrim?
(a) After he left, Francis did discover some rose petals in the dirt.
(b) His head glowed as if he might have a halo.
(c) He wrote two unintelligible marks on a rock.
(d) His words seemed drowned out, perhaps by a heavenly choir.
4. What does Francis believe is the most significant event that happened to him in the desert?
(a) building a shelter for himself
(b) meeting the old man
(c) finding the relics of Leibowitz
(d) finding the fallout shelter
5. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
(a) Another novice walking along the road saw no one.
(b) No pilgrim stopped at the abbey.
(c) He gives no reason.
(d) The road is blocked, so no one could have come through.
6. What would we term Taddeo's field of study today?
7. Cheroki's reaction to Francis' confession is ____________.
8. How long does Francis remain a novitiate?
(a) five years
(b) nine years
(c) seven years
(d) three years
9. What does the Abbot want Francis to deny?
(a) that he was prideful
(b) that he has a vocation
(c) that he saw a pilgrim
(d) that he found the relics
10. What does the pilgrim have to eat?
(a) milk and bread
(b) a dry crust
(c) meat and cheese
(d) a biscuit and cheese
11. What confession prompts Cheroki to withhold absolution from Francis?
(a) Francis' story about finding the relics
(b) Francis' altercation with the pilgrim
(c) Francis' failure to finish his shelter
(d) Francis' temptation to eat the pilgrim's food
12. What does the abbot do when he finds out that Francis is planning a complex, illustrated project glorifying Leibowitz's blueprint?
(a) revokes Francis's vocation
(b) orders Francis to stop work on the project immediately
(c) sends Francis back to work in the kitchen
(d) shrugs and walk away
13. When did the Age of Enlightenment end?
(a) the 1990s
(b) the 1970s
(c) the 1980s
(d) the 1960s
14. What does the Pope decide, based on the evidence?
(a) to disband the Albertine Order of Leibowitz
(b) to canonize Leibowitz
(c) to hold a second investigation
(d) to remove Leibowitz's name from the rolls of possible cannonization
15. What is the role of the Devil's Advocate?
(a) to argue against Leibowitz's sainthood
(b) to argue against continuing the word of the Order
(c) to argue for the truth of the rumors
(d) to argue against Francis's priesthood
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Francis confess to eating?
2. Why does Taddeo want the documents to be brought to him instead of going to the abbey?
3. Why does Francis go to bed without food?
4. Where does the Abbot send Francis?
5. Where did Kornhoer get the information to help him create his invention?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)