|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offer does the robber finally make Francis?
(a) The robber will return the illumination for two heklos of gold.
(b) The robber will let Francis away with his life if Francis promises not to persue him.
(c) The robber will return the illumination for a chance to meet the Pope.
(d) The robber will destroy the illumination if anyone comes after him.
2. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
(a) The road is blocked, so no one could have come through.
(b) Another novice walking along the road saw no one.
(c) No pilgrim stopped at the abbey.
(d) He gives no reason.
3. What does Apollo agree to do?
(a) go to the abbey bring back proof of auhentication of the documents
(b) ask the abbot, Dom Paulo, to lend the documents to Taddeo
(c) go to New Rome to ask permission for Taddeo to see the documents
(d) go to the abbey to get the documents for Taddeo
4. What does Francis speculate that the stain on the blueprint might be?
(a) Emily's blood
(b) Leibowitz's tears
(c) Leibowitz's blood
(d) Leibowitz's sweat
5. Where did Kornhoer get the information to help him create his invention?
(a) from a vision he had in his sleep
(b) from fragments of documents in the abbey
(c) from one hidden book he deciphered
(d) from Brother Armbruster
6. How does Francis initially think blueprints were produced?
(a) by drawing in special white ink over blue-painted paper
(b) by filling in blue ink around the white lines
(c) by using a chemical process to impress blue ink around white lines
(d) by using a chemical process to impress white lines on blue paper
7. Why does Francis fail to complete his shelter?
(a) He spends too much time exploring the fallout shelter and runs out of light.
(b) He cannot find the right shape rock for the last piece.
(c) He realizes that while he's been in the fallout shelter, wolves have surrounded his shelter.
(d) He cannot find enough rocks to complete the shelter.
8. What does the pilgrim have to eat?
(a) meat and cheese
(b) a biscuit and cheese
(c) milk and bread
(d) a dry crust
9. Why does Taddeo want to look at the documents the Albertine Order of Leibowitz has?
(a) for their scientific value
(b) for their linguistic value
(c) for their mystical value
(d) for their relgious value
10. What does Brother Francis find that lets him know the fallout shelter hasn't been plundered?
(a) a gold necklace
(b) a ruby ring
(c) a gold tooth
(d) gold coins
11. Does Francis believe the strange pilgrim was supernatural?
(a) No, he realizes the stranger was an ordinary man who tricked him and planned an escape through the mountains.
(b) No, he believes the pilgrim was an ordinary man but doesn't know what happened to him.
(c) Yes, but he admits the stranger may have been an ordinary man.
(d) Yes, he is completely convinced the stranger was actually St. Leibowitz.
12. What does Paulo refuse to do?
(a) see a doctor
(b) allow Taddeo in the abbey
(c) greet Taddeo on his arrival
(d) allow Kornhoer's invention to remain assembled
13. Who attacks Francis on his way to Rome?
(a) a short, normal-seeming robber and his two-headed companion
(b) two normal-seeming men who claim that they are angels
(c) an ugly, stocky old woman and three young girls
(d) two brawny, muscled men with three eyes
14. How does Francis try to get the illumination back?
(a) by stabbing the robber
(b) by threatening the robber with lightning from God
(c) by wrestling the robber
(d) by threatening the robber with reprisals from New Rome
15. What does Brother Francis find that has the name Leibowitz, I.E. on it?
(a) a poster
(b) a diary
(d) a blueprint
Short Answer Questions
1. Venerable Boedullus created a lake by _____________________________.
2. What does Francis ask forgiveness for during confession?
3. What is the purpose of Francis' black eye patch?
4. In Chapter 1, what is Brother Francis Gerard of Utah doing in the desert?
5. How does Francis respond to being hit by the Abbot?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)