|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Abbot send Francis?
(a) back to his vigil in a new location
(b) back to the ruins
(c) to the infirmary
(d) to his room to meditate on his sins
2. With what does the Abbot hit Francis?
(a) his open hand
(b) a hickory ruler
(c) a long staff
(d) an ancient tome
3. Who does Paulo kick out of the guesthouse?
(a) the Bard
(b) the Poet
(c) the Pauper
(d) the Preacher
4. What is the result of Kornhoer's test of his invention?
(a) The invention quietly fails.
(b) The invention explodes.
(c) The invention works.
(d) The invention works for a while and then quits without explanation.
5. Who educated Taddeo?
6. What does Flaught conclude about Francis' story?
(a) It is a manufactured response, made up by the monks together.
(b) It is trivial.
(c) It is a true miracle.
(d) It is important evidence.
7. What does Francis confess to eating?
(a) a lizard
(c) a squirrel
(d) a quail
8. What does the Abbot want Francis to deny?
(a) that he has a vocation
(b) that he saw a pilgrim
(c) that he found the relics
(d) that he was prideful
9. What does Francis see when he awakes?
(a) a vision of Leibowitz
(b) a wolf
(c) a buzzard
(d) a vision of New Rome
10. What does the Abbot do with the fallout shelter?
(a) He closes it without investigating the find.
(b) He sends three monks to inventoy it and then closes it.
(c) He closes is awaiting the arrival of trained archaeologists.
(d) He sends to Rome for instructions, meanwhile marking it off limits.
11. What does Brother Francis at first believe is in the hole?
(b) an animal
(c) a scroll
(d) the remains of Blessed Leibowitz
12. What does Paulo refuse to do?
(a) allow Kornhoer's invention to remain assembled
(b) allow Taddeo in the abbey
(c) greet Taddeo on his arrival
(d) see a doctor
13. What does the abbot do when he finds out that Francis is planning a complex, illustrated project glorifying Leibowitz's blueprint?
(a) shrugs and walk away
(b) sends Francis back to work in the kitchen
(c) revokes Francis's vocation
(d) orders Francis to stop work on the project immediately
14. What term for the unlearned do the people of the Simplification embrace as a complimentary term?
15. How does Francis initially think blueprints were produced?
(a) by using a chemical process to impress white lines on blue paper
(b) by using a chemical process to impress blue ink around white lines
(c) by filling in blue ink around the white lines
(d) by drawing in special white ink over blue-painted paper
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Pope ask to come to New Rome?
2. What does the Pope decide, based on the evidence?
3. What are Bookleggers?
4. What does Kornhoer want to remove from the alcove where Taddeo will work?
5. In addition to being diplomatic to Taddeo, why does Apollo meet with him?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)