|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would we term Taddeo's field of study today?
2. What does Aguerra give Francis?
(a) the original blueprint, blessed by the Pope, to bring back to the Order
(b) gold to ransom the illustrated blueprint
(c) an ancient rifle for protection
(d) a rosary blessed by the Pope
3. Why doesn't Francis open the racing form?
(a) Francis considers the racing form holy and doesn't want to touch it.
(b) The monks believe that gambling is a sin.
(c) The racing form is stuck together with some kind of glue.
(d) The old paper is too fragile.
4. Whose skull is rumored to be the skull with the gold tooth?
(a) Leibowitz's best friend
(c) Emily, Leibowitz's wife
(d) the Fallout monster
5. What does Brother Francis at first believe is in the hole?
(b) an animal
(c) the remains of Blessed Leibowitz
(d) a scroll
6. What is the role of the Devil's Advocate?
(a) to argue against Leibowitz's sainthood
(b) to argue for the truth of the rumors
(c) to argue against Francis's priesthood
(d) to argue against continuing the word of the Order
7. What does Francis speculate that the stain on the blueprint might be?
(a) Leibowitz's blood
(b) Leibowitz's tears
(c) Emily's blood
(d) Leibowitz's sweat
8. What does Flaught conclude about Francis' story?
(a) It is a manufactured response, made up by the monks together.
(b) It is important evidence.
(c) It is a true miracle.
(d) It is trivial.
9. What does the sign Brother Francis finds beneath the rocks in Chapter 1 say?
(a) Fallout Survival Shelter / Maximum Occupancy: 15
(b) Do Not Enter / Danger: High Voltage
(c) Fallout Shelter Closed by Order of the Fire Marshall
(d) Caution: Wet Floor
10. What priesthood does Leibowitz join?
(a) the Arthurians
(b) the Albertines
(c) the Cistercians
(d) the Knowlenians
11. Why does Taddeo want to look at the documents the Albertine Order of Leibowitz has?
(a) for their linguistic value
(b) for their mystical value
(c) for their scientific value
(d) for their relgious value
12. What does the pilgrim have to eat?
(a) milk and bread
(b) meat and cheese
(c) a biscuit and cheese
(d) a dry crust
13. What does Abbot Arkos dislike about Fingo's figure of Leibowitz?
(a) its wry smile
(b) its overlarge belly
(c) its overlarge ears
(d) its laughing eyes
14. What are Bookleggers?
(a) monks who memorize books word for word
(b) monks who hide books on their person, usually in their pants
(c) criminals to use books to make alcohol
(d) monks who hide books in kegs
15. What does the Abbot do when Francis won't categorically deny any mystical significance to the stranger?
(a) throws Francis out of the abbey
(b) blackmails Francis into lying about his experience
(c) refuses to allow Francis to take his vows
(d) beats Francis each day for 10 days
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Francis respond to being hit by the Abbot?
2. What is Francis' pet project as a copyist?
3. What is Brother Francis' first reaction to the stranger?
4. Why does Arkos let Francis take his vows in the Albertine Order of Leibowitz?
5. What offer does the robber finally make Francis?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)