|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does the pilgrim attack Brother Francis?
(a) a knife
(b) a stone
(c) a staff
(d) a stick
2. What term for the unlearned do the people of the Simplification embrace as a complimentary term?
3. What is Leibowitz's goal in the priesthood?
(a) to build up his own glory for his future sainthood
(b) to rebuild an atom bomb
(c) to preserve human history
(d) to put the world under the control of the church
4. What does the sampetrius place before the papal throne?
(a) a footstool
(b) a carpet
(c) a pillow
(d) a scepter
5. Why does Arkos let Francis take his vows in the Albertine Order of Leibowitz?
(a) Francis has finally changed his story.
(b) Francis has shown true humility.
(c) Francis threatens to go over Arkos's head to New Rome.
(d) Francis' relics apear to be genunie.
6. What priesthood does Leibowitz join?
(a) the Knowlenians
(b) the Albertines
(c) the Cistercians
(d) the Arthurians
7. How does the Pope enter the chamber for the canonization?
(a) He parades in, leading a contingent of guards.
(b) He is lowered down from the ceiling.
(c) He appears from behind curtains.
(d) He is carried in on a chair.
8. To what does Cheroki compare Francis' desire to have a vocation?
(a) a cat's desire to study birds
(b) a dog's desire for a bone
(c) a mouse's desire to run into a hole
(d) a vulture's attraction to a dead beast
9. What is Brother Francis building?
(a) a shelter
(b) a statue
(c) a fire pit
(d) an altar
10. What does the pilgrim have to eat?
(a) milk and bread
(b) a biscuit and cheese
(c) meat and cheese
(d) a dry crust
11. In addition to being diplomatic to Taddeo, why does Apollo meet with him?
(a) He hopes to get political information.
(b) He hopes to find out what Taddeo knows about Leibowitz.
(c) He hopes to persuade Taddeo to ask for the documents to be sent to him.
(d) He hopes to ask a favor.
12. Cheroki's reaction to Francis' confession is ____________.
13. What happened to Francis as a child?
(a) He was kidnapped by a shaman.
(b) He had a vision of Leibowitz.
(c) He ran away from his parents' home.
(d) He was adopted by a loving Utah couple.
14. What is Brother Fingo's current job?
(b) cook's helper
15. Where did Kornhoer get the information to help him create his invention?
(a) from a vision he had in his sleep
(b) from one hidden book he deciphered
(c) from fragments of documents in the abbey
(d) from Brother Armbruster
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Francis' pet project as a copyist?
2. What does Aguerra give Francis?
3. What does Kornhoer want to remove from the alcove where Taddeo will work?
4. Who does the Pope ask to come to New Rome?
5. Does Francis believe the strange pilgrim was supernatural?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)