|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Taddeo want to look at the documents the Albertine Order of Leibowitz has?
(a) for their scientific value
(b) for their relgious value
(c) for their mystical value
(d) for their linguistic value
2. What does Francis picture the fallout shelter becoming?
(a) a basilica
(b) a new capital for the country
(c) a library
(d) a new capital for the Church
3. What does Brother Francis find in the hole?
(a) a book
(b) a staircase
(c) a coffin
(d) a box
4. In Chapter 1, what is Brother Francis Gerard of Utah doing in the desert?
(a) looking for pilgrims
(b) searching for relics
(d) running away
5. Why does the Pope say Francis' time creating the illustrated blueprint was not wasted?
(a) The Pope says that Francis's time won't be wasted if the blueprint is recovered.
(b) The illustrated blueprint is still beautiful, even though it is lost.
(c) His efforts caused the robber to take the illustrated blueprint instead of the real relic.
(d) No time spent in labor of God is ever wasted.
6. What does Francis speculate that the stain on the blueprint might be?
(a) Leibowitz's blood
(b) Leibowitz's sweat
(c) Emily's blood
(d) Leibowitz's tears
7. How long is the journey from the abbey to New Rome?
(a) three weeks
(b) three years
(c) three months
(d) three days
8. What does the Abbot do with the fallout shelter?
(a) He sends three monks to inventoy it and then closes it.
(b) He closes is awaiting the arrival of trained archaeologists.
(c) He sends to Rome for instructions, meanwhile marking it off limits.
(d) He closes it without investigating the find.
9. What does the Pope decide, based on the evidence?
(a) to hold a second investigation
(b) to remove Leibowitz's name from the rolls of possible cannonization
(c) to canonize Leibowitz
(d) to disband the Albertine Order of Leibowitz
10. What does Abbot Arkos dislike about Fingo's figure of Leibowitz?
(a) its laughing eyes
(b) its overlarge belly
(c) its wry smile
(d) its overlarge ears
11. What does Brother Francis believe Fallout is?
(a) a weather system
(b) a monster
(d) a saint
12. Why are the monks unwelcoming toward Monsignor Flaught?
(a) Flaught's job is to argue against the canonization of Leibowitz.
(b) Flaught is an unpreposessing person whom the monks dislike on sight.
(c) Flaught has an eerie aura of the devil about him.
(d) Flaught is a disbeliever who tries to force his atheism on the monks.
13. What does Paulo have in his office?
(a) Fingo's carving of St. Leibowitz
(b) the original Leibowitz blueprint relic
(c) Francis's illuminated blueprint
(d) five pages of indecipherable text
14. What does Brother Francis find that lets him know the fallout shelter hasn't been plundered?
(a) a gold necklace
(b) a gold tooth
(c) a ruby ring
(d) gold coins
15. How does the Pope enter the chamber for the canonization?
(a) He is carried in on a chair.
(b) He appears from behind curtains.
(c) He is lowered down from the ceiling.
(d) He parades in, leading a contingent of guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Brother Francis attribute his finding of the fallout shelter?
2. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
3. What does Paulo refuse to do?
4. How old does the Old Jew claim to be?
5. Why does the robber take the illumination instead of the original?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)