Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brother Francis find in the hole?
(a) a staircase
(b) a book
(c) a box
(d) a coffin
2. Which of the following does Flaught NOT use as an argument against Francis' testimony?
(a) Francis might be mistaken that the "Em" referrs to Emily Leibowitz.
(b) Francis might have misread the word Leibowitz on the blueprint.
(c) Francis' finds might be forged.
(d) Francis might be suffering from mental illness.
3. What does the sampetrius place before the papal throne?
(a) a footstool
(b) a pillow
(c) a scepter
(d) a carpet
4. What does Francis admit about the strange pilgrim?
(a) He wrote two unintelligible marks on a rock.
(b) His head glowed as if he might have a halo.
(c) After he left, Francis did discover some rose petals in the dirt.
(d) His words seemed drowned out, perhaps by a heavenly choir.
5. What does Apollo agree to do?
(a) go to the abbey bring back proof of auhentication of the documents
(b) go to New Rome to ask permission for Taddeo to see the documents
(c) go to the abbey to get the documents for Taddeo
(d) ask the abbot, Dom Paulo, to lend the documents to Taddeo
6. What does the Abbot want Francis to deny?
(a) that he found the relics
(b) that he was prideful
(c) that he has a vocation
(d) that he saw a pilgrim
7. How does Francis initially think blueprints were produced?
(a) by using a chemical process to impress blue ink around white lines
(b) by drawing in special white ink over blue-painted paper
(c) by filling in blue ink around the white lines
(d) by using a chemical process to impress white lines on blue paper
8. With what does the Abbot hit Francis?
(a) a long staff
(b) his open hand
(c) an ancient tome
(d) a hickory ruler
9. What does Kornhoer want to remove from the alcove where Taddeo will work?
(a) a poster that covers the window
(b) a crucifix that blocks the light
(c) a font that blocks the chair
(d) a statue that takes up desk space
10. How does the Pope enter the chamber for the canonization?
(a) He parades in, leading a contingent of guards.
(b) He is carried in on a chair.
(c) He is lowered down from the ceiling.
(d) He appears from behind curtains.
11. What does Paulo find in a vase of water in the guesthouse?
(a) a daisy
(b) a rare orchid
(c) a goldfish
(d) an eyeball
12. What is Francis' pet project as a copyist?
(a) decoding Leibowitz's memo book
(b) creating illustrated panels of Leibowitz's name
(c) restoring lost words from damaged documents
(d) making an illuminated version of Leibowitz's blueprint
13. What is the role of the Devil's Advocate?
(a) to argue against Leibowitz's sainthood
(b) to argue against continuing the word of the Order
(c) to argue against Francis's priesthood
(d) to argue for the truth of the rumors
14. What does Brother Francis find that lets him know the fallout shelter hasn't been plundered?
(a) gold coins
(b) a ruby ring
(c) a gold necklace
(d) a gold tooth
15. What decree does the Pope give Francis?
(a) a decree of service rewarding Francis for everything he's done in honor of St. Leibowitz
(b) a decree of honor awarding Francis a high place in his order
(c) a decree of excommunication against anyone who attacks Francis
(d) a decree of canonization officializing the canoniation of St. Leibowitz
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to being diplomatic to Taddeo, why does Apollo meet with him?
2. What is Brother Fingo's original trade?
3. Who does Paulo kick out of the guesthouse?
4. When did the Age of Enlightenment end?
5. How long does Francis remain a novitiate?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)