|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Cheroki compare Francis' desire to have a vocation?
(a) a mouse's desire to run into a hole
(b) a dog's desire for a bone
(c) a cat's desire to study birds
(d) a vulture's attraction to a dead beast
2. Does Francis believe the strange pilgrim was supernatural?
(a) No, he realizes the stranger was an ordinary man who tricked him and planned an escape through the mountains.
(b) Yes, but he admits the stranger may have been an ordinary man.
(c) No, he believes the pilgrim was an ordinary man but doesn't know what happened to him.
(d) Yes, he is completely convinced the stranger was actually St. Leibowitz.
3. What does Apollo agree to do?
(a) ask the abbot, Dom Paulo, to lend the documents to Taddeo
(b) go to the abbey bring back proof of auhentication of the documents
(c) go to New Rome to ask permission for Taddeo to see the documents
(d) go to the abbey to get the documents for Taddeo
4. Why does Cheroki find standing and kneeling uncomfortable?
(a) He has arthritis.
(b) He is used to sitting in a chair.
(c) He was mutated by radiation.
(d) His legs are wounded.
5. What does Brother Francis find that lets him know the fallout shelter hasn't been plundered?
(a) a gold tooth
(b) a ruby ring
(c) a gold necklace
(d) gold coins
6. Cheroki's reaction to Francis' confession is ____________.
7. Is Leibowitz a saint at the beginning of the novel?
(a) No, and the monks have given up on having him canonized.
(b) No, he is not yet canonized.
(c) Yes, he was recently canonized.
(d) Yes, he was canonized long ago.
8. When does Brother Francis believe the Fallout was born?
(a) at the end of time
(b) in the Great Fire
(c) in the Flame Deluge
(d) in the Firey Exculpation
9. Whose skull is rumored to be the skull with the gold tooth?
(b) Leibowitz's best friend
(c) the Fallout monster
(d) Emily, Leibowitz's wife
10. What does Brother Francis at first believe is in the hole?
(a) an animal
(b) a scroll
(d) the remains of Blessed Leibowitz
11. What is Brother Francis' first reaction to the stranger?
12. How does the Pope enter the chamber for the canonization?
(a) He appears from behind curtains.
(b) He parades in, leading a contingent of guards.
(c) He is lowered down from the ceiling.
(d) He is carried in on a chair.
13. Where does the Abbot send Francis?
(a) to his room to meditate on his sins
(b) to the infirmary
(c) back to his vigil in a new location
(d) back to the ruins
14. What happened to Francis as a child?
(a) He ran away from his parents' home.
(b) He was adopted by a loving Utah couple.
(c) He was kidnapped by a shaman.
(d) He had a vision of Leibowitz.
15. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
(a) The road is blocked, so no one could have come through.
(b) No pilgrim stopped at the abbey.
(c) Another novice walking along the road saw no one.
(d) He gives no reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attacks Francis on his way to Rome?
2. What priesthood does Leibowitz join?
3. What is the purpose of Francis' black eye patch?
4. In addition to being diplomatic to Taddeo, why does Apollo meet with him?
5. Who insists that Francis must complete his illuminated blueprint?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)