|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might prevent Joshua and the monks from taking off in their spaceship?
(a) The spaceship is untested and might not fly.
(b) The government might revoke the Church's right to its own space missions.
(c) The monks will likely back out at the last minute.
(d) The Church will likely change its mind about the mission.
2. Where does the Abbot send Francis?
(a) to the infirmary
(b) back to the ruins
(c) to his room to meditate on his sins
(d) back to his vigil in a new location
3. Why does Taddeo want the documents to be brought to him instead of going to the abbey?
(a) He thinks that if he finds out the documents are forged, the monks might try to harm him.
(b) He believes scholars will think conclusions he comes to at the abbey are biased.
(c) He is too ill to travel.
(d) He thinks that the monks at the abbey will try to force him to stay.
4. What does Brother Francis believe Fallout is?
(a) a monster
(b) a saint
(c) a weather system
5. What does God do to the prince in the myth of the Flame Deluge?
(a) banishes him to Purgatory
(b) slays him
(c) saves him when the prince repents
(d) sentences him to walk the Earth eternally
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Brother Francis reluctant to speak to the pilgrim?
2. About what do Dr. Cors and Zerchi disagree?
3. What does Aguerra give Francis?
4. What term for the unlearned do the people of the Simplification embrace as a complimentary term?
5. With what does the pilgrim attack Brother Francis?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)