|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What confession prompts Cheroki to withhold absolution from Francis?
(a) Francis' temptation to eat the pilgrim's food
(b) Francis' failure to finish his shelter
(c) Francis' altercation with the pilgrim
(d) Francis' story about finding the relics
2. Why does the robber take the illumination instead of the original?
(a) The robber is religious and wants the true relic to go to Rome.
(b) The gold-embellished illumination appears more valuable.
(c) The robber is afraid the Church will kill him if he steals the relic.
(d) The robber is afraid of excommunication from New Rome if he steals the relic.
3. What might prevent Joshua and the monks from taking off in their spaceship?
(a) The spaceship is untested and might not fly.
(b) The Church will likely change its mind about the mission.
(c) The monks will likely back out at the last minute.
(d) The government might revoke the Church's right to its own space missions.
4. How does Taddeo react to Kornhoer's invention?
(a) with amazed interest
(b) with horror
(c) with boredom
(d) with distain
5. Is Leibowitz a saint at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Yes, he was canonized long ago.
(b) Yes, he was recently canonized.
(c) No, he is not yet canonized.
(d) No, and the monks have given up on having him canonized.
Short Answer Questions
1. What priesthood does Leibowitz join?
2. Who is Mrs. Grales?
3. How many people die in the first nine days after Texarkana is bombed?
4. Does Francis believe the strange pilgrim was supernatural?
5. What does the abbot do when he finds out that Francis is planning a complex, illustrated project glorifying Leibowitz's blueprint?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)