|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cheroki find standing and kneeling uncomfortable?
(a) He was mutated by radiation.
(b) He is used to sitting in a chair.
(c) His legs are wounded.
(d) He has arthritis.
2. What is Brother Kornhoer inventing?
(a) a printing press
(b) an electtric light
(c) a copying machine
(d) a telegraph
3. What does Paulo tell Kornhoer?
(a) Paulo tells Kornhoer the invention is not as impressive as he thought.
(b) Paulo congratulates Kornhoer on his success.
(c) Paulo rebukes Kornhoer for frighening everyone.
(d) Paulo tells Kornhoer the invention must be dismantled.
4. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
(a) He gives no reason.
(b) Another novice walking along the road saw no one.
(c) No pilgrim stopped at the abbey.
(d) The road is blocked, so no one could have come through.
5. How does Taddeo think the monks may react to his ideas?
(a) He thinks they will all praise him.
(b) He thinks that they will be welcoming but skeptical.
(c) He is afraid they will be offended.
(d) He thinks none of them could understand, even in simple language.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term for the unlearned do the people of the Simplification embrace as a complimentary term?
2. What does the APLAC machine do, when it works?
3. What does Flaught conclude about Francis' story?
4. What does Benjamin say the sign outside his tent means?
5. With what does the pilgrim attack Brother Francis?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)