|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Taddeo want the documents to be brought to him instead of going to the abbey?
(a) He is too ill to travel.
(b) He believes scholars will think conclusions he comes to at the abbey are biased.
(c) He thinks that the monks at the abbey will try to force him to stay.
(d) He thinks that if he finds out the documents are forged, the monks might try to harm him.
2. What does the Defense Minister say about reports of increased radiation levels and nuclear testing?
(a) He says that nucear bomb tests are being conducted but that they are safe.
(b) He responds that nuclear testing is illegal.
(c) He says the increase is due to natural phenomena.
(d) He says that the report of increased radiation is false.
3. Why does Francis go to bed without food?
(a) Brother Francis decides to eat nothing to cleanse himself.
(b) It is too dangerous to collect cactus fruit in the dark.
(c) There is no food left for Brother Francis to eat.
(d) Brother Francis is allowed no food at all on his fast.
4. What does Brother Francis at first believe is in the hole?
(a) the remains of Blessed Leibowitz
(c) an animal
(d) a scroll
5. What does Kornhoer want to remove from the alcove where Taddeo will work?
(a) a font that blocks the chair
(b) a statue that takes up desk space
(c) a poster that covers the window
(d) a crucifix that blocks the light
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Abbot do when Francis won't categorically deny any mystical significance to the stranger?
2. What confession prompts Cheroki to withhold absolution from Francis?
3. How does Taddeo think the monks may react to his ideas?
4. What is Brother Fingo's original trade?
5. Why does Taddeo want to look at the documents the Albertine Order of Leibowitz has?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)