|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Arkos let Francis take his vows in the Albertine Order of Leibowitz?
(a) Francis' relics apear to be genunie.
(b) Francis has finally changed his story.
(c) Francis has shown true humility.
(d) Francis threatens to go over Arkos's head to New Rome.
2. What does Taddeo believe the monks have done?
(a) performed a trick on him
(b) kept Kornhoer's invention secret for centuries
(c) received a holy inspiration from God
(d) leapt ahead in scientific advances through intuition
3. What happens to the King of Loredo?
(a) He dies in battle.
(b) He is poisoned.
(c) He surrenders immediately to Hannegan.
(d) He is beheaded.
4. Why does Brother Francis only hope to find paper artifacts in the fallout shelter?
(a) Brother Francis confuses all paper for the paper money used before the catastrophe.
(b) Paper artifacts are most valuable because most paper has decayed.
(c) Brother Francis believes he can use carbon dating on paper artifacts to date the site.
(d) Excavating for anything but paper documents has been ruled too dangerous.
5. What is the Vatican's response?
(a) to begin peace talks with Hannegan
(b) to promise Hannegan gold to guarantee peace
(c) to send in Vatican forces
(d) to issue an interdict against Hannegan
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Poet die?
2. What does the Abbot do with the fallout shelter?
3. What is the purpose of Francis' black eye patch?
4. Who does Paulo kick out of the guesthouse?
5. How many monks does it take to run the invention?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)