|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Taddeo react to Kornhoer's invention?
(a) with amazed interest
(b) with horror
(c) with distain
(d) with boredom
2. What does Taddeo want Kornhoer to do?
(a) give Taddeo his invention
(b) not tell anyone about the invention yet
(c) explain how the invention works
(d) come to the collegium to do research
3. What does Taddeo suspect surviving mankind might be?
(a) a mutation caused by radiation
(b) a servant species created by a higher civilization
(c) an experiment accidentally let loose in the world
(d) a regression to an earlier stage of evolution
4. How does Taddeo think the monks may react to his ideas?
(a) He is afraid they will be offended.
(b) He thinks that they will be welcoming but skeptical.
(c) He thinks they will all praise him.
(d) He thinks none of them could understand, even in simple language.
5. How does Francis initially think blueprints were produced?
(a) by using a chemical process to impress blue ink around white lines
(b) by drawing in special white ink over blue-painted paper
(c) by using a chemical process to impress white lines on blue paper
(d) by filling in blue ink around the white lines
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Taddeo prefer the fragile original documents to the copies?
2. Why does Francis go to bed without food?
3. What is Brother Fingo's current job?
4. How does Paulo feel about Taddeo's approaching visit?
5. How long are the enemy cities bombed in the myth of the Flame Deluge?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)