|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Taddeo want the measurement of how deep the wood is worn down at the entrance to the refectory?
(a) to have evidence of how many monks passed through over how many years
(b) as evidence of how well cared for the abbey is
(c) to find out the average weight of the monks over the years
(d) to find out if there are forgotten secret passages in the abbey
2. How does Taddeo react to the stories of monks who have died or gone blind preserving the Memorabilia?
(a) He wishes he could go back and save them.
(b) He honors their memories.
(c) He thinks the stories are false.
(d) He is indifferent to their sacrifice.
3. What does the Abbot do when Francis won't categorically deny any mystical significance to the stranger?
(a) throws Francis out of the abbey
(b) refuses to allow Francis to take his vows
(c) blackmails Francis into lying about his experience
(d) beats Francis each day for 10 days
4. Is Leibowitz a saint at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Yes, he was canonized long ago.
(b) No, and the monks have given up on having him canonized.
(c) No, he is not yet canonized.
(d) Yes, he was recently canonized.
5. Why does Mad Bear stop raiding Hannegan?
(a) to encourage peace and joint prosperity
(b) in exchange for weapons and supplies
(c) to stop upcoming war
(d) to plan a larger assault
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Thon Taddeo Pfardentrott interested in?
2. What does Joshua's data show?
3. Why does Cheroki finally absolve Francis?
4. Why does the Pope say Francis' time creating the illustrated blueprint was not wasted?
5. Who does Paulo kick out of the guesthouse?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)