|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Francis initially think blueprints were produced?
(a) by using a chemical process to impress white lines on blue paper
(b) by drawing in special white ink over blue-painted paper
(c) by filling in blue ink around the white lines
(d) by using a chemical process to impress blue ink around white lines
2. How long is the journey from the abbey to New Rome?
(a) three months
(b) three days
(c) three weeks
(d) three years
3. How does Francis try to get the illumination back?
(a) by threatening the robber with lightning from God
(b) by stabbing the robber
(c) by threatening the robber with reprisals from New Rome
(d) by wrestling the robber
4. What is Thon Maho Makh investigating?
(a) the beginning of the solar system
(b) evolution and the origin of humanity
(c) the possible existence of a lost pocket of civilization
(d) the effects of nuclear radiation on humanity
5. What does the abbot do when he finds out that Francis is planning a complex, illustrated project glorifying Leibowitz's blueprint?
(a) sends Francis back to work in the kitchen
(b) orders Francis to stop work on the project immediately
(c) shrugs and walk away
(d) revokes Francis's vocation
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paulo find in a vase of water in the guesthouse?
2. Where did Kornhoer get the information to help him create his invention?
3. What does the Abbot do when Francis won't categorically deny any mystical significance to the stranger?
4. Wat does Taddeo accuse the monks of doing?
5. What does Paulo tell Kornhoer?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)