|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Paulo compare the smile on the statue of Leibowitz?
2. Does Francis believe the strange pilgrim was supernatural?
(a) Yes, but he admits the stranger may have been an ordinary man.
(b) Yes, he is completely convinced the stranger was actually St. Leibowitz.
(c) No, he believes the pilgrim was an ordinary man but doesn't know what happened to him.
(d) No, he realizes the stranger was an ordinary man who tricked him and planned an escape through the mountains.
3. Where does the unwelcome guest claim to have gotten the Old Jew's goat?
(a) in a game of poker
(b) from the slaughterhouse
(c) wandering aimlessly on the moor
(d) in a game of mumbly-peg
4. What does Brother Francis find in the hole?
(a) a box
(b) a book
(c) a staircase
(d) a coffin
5. What is the purpose of Francis' black eye patch?
(a) to keep the dust from irritating his infected eye
(b) to stop his wandering eye from looking off the path
(c) to show that he has one eye always trained on heaven
(d) to suggest to the superstitious that he has the evil eye
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brother Francis' first reaction to the stranger?
2. What does the sampetrius place before the papal throne?
3. How does the Pope enter the chamber for the canonization?
4. Why are the monks unwelcoming toward Monsignor Flaught?
5. Why does the robber take the illumination instead of the original?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)