|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long are the enemy cities bombed in the myth of the Flame Deluge?
(a) three days and nights
(b) seven days and nights
(c) five days and nights
(d) nine days and nights
2. What does Francis see when he awakes?
(a) a buzzard
(b) a vision of New Rome
(c) a vision of Leibowitz
(d) a wolf
3. Who was Taddeo's mother?
(a) an unmarried serving maid
(b) a poor but politically powerful woman
(c) a wealthy, powerful woman who scorned marriage
(d) a wealthy woman lacking political power
4. What does Francis ask forgiveness for during confession?
(a) the loss of the illuminated blueprint due to Francis's carelessness
(b) Francis's desire to have his illustrated blueprint admired
(c) Francis's hubris for desiring to attend the canonization
(d) the discovery of the shelter holding up Leibowitz's sainthood
5. Why does Brother Francis only hope to find paper artifacts in the fallout shelter?
(a) Paper artifacts are most valuable because most paper has decayed.
(b) Brother Francis believes he can use carbon dating on paper artifacts to date the site.
(c) Brother Francis confuses all paper for the paper money used before the catastrophe.
(d) Excavating for anything but paper documents has been ruled too dangerous.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Francis remain a novitiate?
2. For whom does Paulo think Benjamin is waiting?
3. What is the purpose of Francis' black eye patch?
4. What is Brother Kornhoer inventing?
5. What behavior of Taddeo's party worries Paulo?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)