|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the shaman admire about the monks?
(a) how delicious they taste
(b) how well they endure torture
(c) how well they battle
(d) how craftily they avoid capture
2. What is Brother Kornhoer inventing?
(a) a telegraph
(b) an electtric light
(c) a copying machine
(d) a printing press
3. Why is Paulo fasting?
(a) because he is too worried to eat
(b) because he is praying for peace
(c) because he knows the abbey is short on food
(d) because of his stomach problems
4. What does Paulo tell Kornhoer?
(a) Paulo tells Kornhoer the invention must be dismantled.
(b) Paulo congratulates Kornhoer on his success.
(c) Paulo tells Kornhoer the invention is not as impressive as he thought.
(d) Paulo rebukes Kornhoer for frighening everyone.
5. Is Leibowitz a saint at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Yes, he was canonized long ago.
(b) No, and the monks have given up on having him canonized.
(c) No, he is not yet canonized.
(d) Yes, he was recently canonized.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Flaught conclude about Francis' blueprint?
2. What are Bookleggers?
3. To whom does Paulo compare the smile on the statue of Leibowitz?
4. Why does Taddeo prefer the fragile original documents to the copies?
5. What does Benjamin say the sign outside his tent means?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)