|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Kornhoer get the information to help him create his invention?
(a) from a vision he had in his sleep
(b) from fragments of documents in the abbey
(c) from Brother Armbruster
(d) from one hidden book he deciphered
2. What does Paulo find in a vase of water in the guesthouse?
(a) a goldfish
(b) a daisy
(c) an eyeball
(d) a rare orchid
3. What does Flaught conclude about Francis' blueprint?
(a) It shows his ability as a forger.
(b) It is a waste of effort.
(c) It is a brilliant work of art.
(d) It shows his misunderstanding of 20th century blueprint processes.
4. What does the Abbot do when Francis won't categorically deny any mystical significance to the stranger?
(a) throws Francis out of the abbey
(b) blackmails Francis into lying about his experience
(c) refuses to allow Francis to take his vows
(d) beats Francis each day for 10 days
5. Who does the Pope ask to come to New Rome?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Paulo compare the smile on the statue of Leibowitz?
2. Why is Paulo fasting?
3. What does Benjamin say the sign outside his tent means?
4. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
5. What is Leibowitz's goal in the priesthood?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)