|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decree does the Pope give Francis?
(a) a decree of excommunication against anyone who attacks Francis
(b) a decree of service rewarding Francis for everything he's done in honor of St. Leibowitz
(c) a decree of honor awarding Francis a high place in his order
(d) a decree of canonization officializing the canoniation of St. Leibowitz
2. What does Francis admit about the strange pilgrim?
(a) His words seemed drowned out, perhaps by a heavenly choir.
(b) After he left, Francis did discover some rose petals in the dirt.
(c) His head glowed as if he might have a halo.
(d) He wrote two unintelligible marks on a rock.
3. What does the Old Jew, Benjamin, do when Paulo comes to return his goat?
(a) He makes a bet with Paulo over the goat.
(b) He refuses to take the goat back.
(c) He rewards Paulo for returning the goat.
(d) He takes the goat back without thanks.
4. How does Taddeo think the monks may react to his ideas?
(a) He thinks that they will be welcoming but skeptical.
(b) He thinks they will all praise him.
(c) He thinks none of them could understand, even in simple language.
(d) He is afraid they will be offended.
5. What does God do to the prince in the myth of the Flame Deluge?
(a) sentences him to walk the Earth eternally
(b) saves him when the prince repents
(c) slays him
(d) banishes him to Purgatory
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Francis try to get the illumination back?
2. In Chapter 1, what is Brother Francis Gerard of Utah doing in the desert?
3. What does Francis speculate that the stain on the blueprint might be?
4. Who is with Taddeo when he arrives?
5. What is Leibowitz's goal in the priesthood?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)