|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brother Fingo's original trade?
(a) horse trainer
(c) map maker
2. How does Taddeo think the monks may react to his ideas?
(a) He is afraid they will be offended.
(b) He thinks they will all praise him.
(c) He thinks that they will be welcoming but skeptical.
(d) He thinks none of them could understand, even in simple language.
3. Where does the unwelcome guest claim to have gotten the Old Jew's goat?
(a) in a game of poker
(b) wandering aimlessly on the moor
(c) from the slaughterhouse
(d) in a game of mumbly-peg
4. What is the result of Kornhoer's test of his invention?
(a) The invention quietly fails.
(b) The invention works.
(c) The invention works for a while and then quits without explanation.
(d) The invention explodes.
5. What does the sampetrius place before the papal throne?
(a) a carpet
(b) a scepter
(c) a pillow
(d) a footstool
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Francis admit about the strange pilgrim?
2. Who attacks Francis on his way to Rome?
3. What does Mad Bear rule?
4. What happened to Francis as a child?
5. What is Brother Francis' first reaction to the stranger?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)