|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Paulo compare the smile on the statue of Leibowitz?
2. What does Brother Francis find in the hole?
(a) a book
(b) a staircase
(c) a coffin
(d) a box
3. How long are the enemy cities bombed in the myth of the Flame Deluge?
(a) nine days and nights
(b) seven days and nights
(c) three days and nights
(d) five days and nights
4. Why is Brother Francis reluctant to speak to the pilgrim?
(a) His throat is hoarse, and it hurts to talk.
(b) He's not sure if the pilgrim will attack him.
(c) He is not allowed to speak during his fast.
(d) He has taken a vow of silence and can't remember how to talk.
5. How does Francis try to get the illumination back?
(a) by wrestling the robber
(b) by threatening the robber with reprisals from New Rome
(c) by stabbing the robber
(d) by threatening the robber with lightning from God
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbot Arkos dislike about Fingo's figure of Leibowitz?
2. Why does Cheroki find standing and kneeling uncomfortable?
3. What does Hannegan do when the Vatican warns Hannegan's enemy about the coming war?
4. How long does Francis remain a novitiate?
5. Is Leibowitz a saint at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)