|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Kornhoer's test of his invention?
(a) The invention works.
(b) The invention explodes.
(c) The invention works for a while and then quits without explanation.
(d) The invention quietly fails.
2. Why does the robber take the illumination instead of the original?
(a) The robber is afraid of excommunication from New Rome if he steals the relic.
(b) The robber is religious and wants the true relic to go to Rome.
(c) The gold-embellished illumination appears more valuable.
(d) The robber is afraid the Church will kill him if he steals the relic.
3. Where did Kornhoer get the information to help him create his invention?
(a) from fragments of documents in the abbey
(b) from one hidden book he deciphered
(c) from a vision he had in his sleep
(d) from Brother Armbruster
4. Why does Taddeo want the measurement of how deep the wood is worn down at the entrance to the refectory?
(a) as evidence of how well cared for the abbey is
(b) to have evidence of how many monks passed through over how many years
(c) to find out if there are forgotten secret passages in the abbey
(d) to find out the average weight of the monks over the years
5. What priesthood does Leibowitz join?
(a) the Knowlenians
(b) the Arthurians
(c) the Albertines
(d) the Cistercians
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of Francis' black eye patch?
2. Why does Taddeo want to look at the documents the Albertine Order of Leibowitz has?
3. What term for the unlearned do the people of the Simplification embrace as a complimentary term?
4. When does Brother Francis believe the Fallout was born?
5. What does Brother Francis find in the hole?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)