|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flaught conclude about Francis' story?
(a) It is a true miracle.
(b) It is trivial.
(c) It is a manufactured response, made up by the monks together.
(d) It is important evidence.
2. When did the Age of Enlightenment end?
(a) the 1960s
(b) the 1990s
(c) the 1980s
(d) the 1970s
3. In Chapter 1, what is Brother Francis Gerard of Utah doing in the desert?
(a) looking for pilgrims
(c) running away
(d) searching for relics
4. What does Francis ask forgiveness for during confession?
(a) the loss of the illuminated blueprint due to Francis's carelessness
(b) the discovery of the shelter holding up Leibowitz's sainthood
(c) Francis's hubris for desiring to attend the canonization
(d) Francis's desire to have his illustrated blueprint admired
5. How does Francis initially think blueprints were produced?
(a) by using a chemical process to impress white lines on blue paper
(b) by filling in blue ink around the white lines
(c) by using a chemical process to impress blue ink around white lines
(d) by drawing in special white ink over blue-painted paper
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the sign Brother Francis finds beneath the rocks in Chapter 1 say?
2. Why does Brother Francis only hope to find paper artifacts in the fallout shelter?
3. Why does the Pope say Francis' time creating the illustrated blueprint was not wasted?
4. What confession prompts Cheroki to withhold absolution from Francis?
5. What does Brother Francis at first believe is in the hole?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)