|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brother Francis only hope to find paper artifacts in the fallout shelter?
(a) Excavating for anything but paper documents has been ruled too dangerous.
(b) Brother Francis believes he can use carbon dating on paper artifacts to date the site.
(c) Paper artifacts are most valuable because most paper has decayed.
(d) Brother Francis confuses all paper for the paper money used before the catastrophe.
2. What is the role of the Devil's Advocate?
(a) to argue against continuing the word of the Order
(b) to argue against Leibowitz's sainthood
(c) to argue against Francis's priesthood
(d) to argue for the truth of the rumors
3. To what does Cheroki compare Francis' desire to have a vocation?
(a) a dog's desire for a bone
(b) a mouse's desire to run into a hole
(c) a cat's desire to study birds
(d) a vulture's attraction to a dead beast
4. What is Leibowitz's goal in the priesthood?
(a) to rebuild an atom bomb
(b) to preserve human history
(c) to build up his own glory for his future sainthood
(d) to put the world under the control of the church
5. What does Aguerra give Francis?
(a) an ancient rifle for protection
(b) gold to ransom the illustrated blueprint
(c) a rosary blessed by the Pope
(d) the original blueprint, blessed by the Pope, to bring back to the Order
Short Answer Questions
1. What priesthood does Leibowitz join?
2. What does the Abbot do when Francis won't categorically deny any mystical significance to the stranger?
3. What does Francis picture the fallout shelter becoming?
4. What does Francis ask forgiveness for during confession?
5. Why does Taddeo want to look at the documents the Albertine Order of Leibowitz has?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)