|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does the Abbot hit Francis?
(a) a hickory ruler
(b) a long staff
(c) his open hand
(d) an ancient tome
2. Why does Francis go to bed without food?
(a) There is no food left for Brother Francis to eat.
(b) Brother Francis decides to eat nothing to cleanse himself.
(c) It is too dangerous to collect cactus fruit in the dark.
(d) Brother Francis is allowed no food at all on his fast.
3. What does the abbot do when he finds out that Francis is planning a complex, illustrated project glorifying Leibowitz's blueprint?
(a) orders Francis to stop work on the project immediately
(b) revokes Francis's vocation
(c) sends Francis back to work in the kitchen
(d) shrugs and walk away
4. What does Francis ask forgiveness for during confession?
(a) Francis's hubris for desiring to attend the canonization
(b) Francis's desire to have his illustrated blueprint admired
(c) the loss of the illuminated blueprint due to Francis's carelessness
(d) the discovery of the shelter holding up Leibowitz's sainthood
5. What is the purpose of Francis' black eye patch?
(a) to suggest to the superstitious that he has the evil eye
(b) to show that he has one eye always trained on heaven
(c) to stop his wandering eye from looking off the path
(d) to keep the dust from irritating his infected eye
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the pilgrim find for Brother Francis?
2. Why doesn't Francis open the racing form?
3. Who attacks Francis on his way to Rome?
4. What does Francis speculate that the stain on the blueprint might be?
5. How much weight has Francis lost during his vigil?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)