|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Abbot want Francis to deny?
(a) that he has a vocation
(b) that he was prideful
(c) that he saw a pilgrim
(d) that he found the relics
2. Why does Francis go to bed without food?
(a) Brother Francis is allowed no food at all on his fast.
(b) There is no food left for Brother Francis to eat.
(c) Brother Francis decides to eat nothing to cleanse himself.
(d) It is too dangerous to collect cactus fruit in the dark.
3. When did the Age of Enlightenment end?
(a) the 1980s
(b) the 1970s
(c) the 1960s
(d) the 1990s
4. Why doesn't Francis open the racing form?
(a) The monks believe that gambling is a sin.
(b) The old paper is too fragile.
(c) The racing form is stuck together with some kind of glue.
(d) Francis considers the racing form holy and doesn't want to touch it.
5. What does Francis admit about the strange pilgrim?
(a) His head glowed as if he might have a halo.
(b) He wrote two unintelligible marks on a rock.
(c) His words seemed drowned out, perhaps by a heavenly choir.
(d) After he left, Francis did discover some rose petals in the dirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term for the unlearned do the people of the Simplification embrace as a complimentary term?
2. What does Francis picture the fallout shelter becoming?
3. What does the Abbot do when Francis won't categorically deny any mystical significance to the stranger?
4. What does Brother Francis find in the hole?
5. What do the Dominicans find in the sealed inner chamber of the Fallout Shelter?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)