|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Pope decide, based on the evidence?
(a) to disband the Albertine Order of Leibowitz
(b) to hold a second investigation
(c) to remove Leibowitz's name from the rolls of possible cannonization
(d) to canonize Leibowitz
2. What is Leibowitz's goal in the priesthood?
(a) to rebuild an atom bomb
(b) to preserve human history
(c) to build up his own glory for his future sainthood
(d) to put the world under the control of the church
3. What does Apollo agree to do?
(a) ask the abbot, Dom Paulo, to lend the documents to Taddeo
(b) go to the abbey to get the documents for Taddeo
(c) go to New Rome to ask permission for Taddeo to see the documents
(d) go to the abbey bring back proof of auhentication of the documents
4. What does the abbot do when he finds out that Francis is planning a complex, illustrated project glorifying Leibowitz's blueprint?
(a) sends Francis back to work in the kitchen
(b) orders Francis to stop work on the project immediately
(c) shrugs and walk away
(d) revokes Francis's vocation
5. Why does Taddeo want the documents to be brought to him instead of going to the abbey?
(a) He believes scholars will think conclusions he comes to at the abbey are biased.
(b) He thinks that if he finds out the documents are forged, the monks might try to harm him.
(c) He is too ill to travel.
(d) He thinks that the monks at the abbey will try to force him to stay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Francis confess to eating?
2. How does Francis initially think blueprints were produced?
3. What does Brother Francis find that has the name Leibowitz, I.E. on it?
4. What is Francis' pet project as a copyist?
5. What does Flaught conclude about Francis' blueprint?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)