|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Francis see when he awakes?
(a) a vision of Leibowitz
(b) a vision of New Rome
(c) a buzzard
(d) a wolf
2. What does the abbot do when he finds out that Francis is planning a complex, illustrated project glorifying Leibowitz's blueprint?
(a) orders Francis to stop work on the project immediately
(b) revokes Francis's vocation
(c) shrugs and walk away
(d) sends Francis back to work in the kitchen
3. Which of the following does Flaught NOT use as an argument against Francis' testimony?
(a) Francis might have misread the word Leibowitz on the blueprint.
(b) Francis' finds might be forged.
(c) Francis might be suffering from mental illness.
(d) Francis might be mistaken that the "Em" referrs to Emily Leibowitz.
4. What is Brother Francis' first reaction to the stranger?
5. What does the Abbot do with the fallout shelter?
(a) He closes it without investigating the find.
(b) He sends to Rome for instructions, meanwhile marking it off limits.
(c) He sends three monks to inventoy it and then closes it.
(d) He closes is awaiting the arrival of trained archaeologists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Pope ask to come to New Rome?
2. Why doesn't Francis open the racing form?
3. What does the sign Brother Francis finds beneath the rocks in Chapter 1 say?
4. How long is the journey from the abbey to New Rome?
5. Where does the Abbot send Francis?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)