|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Francis try to get the illumination back?
(a) by stabbing the robber
(b) by threatening the robber with reprisals from New Rome
(c) by threatening the robber with lightning from God
(d) by wrestling the robber
2. How does the Pope enter the chamber for the canonization?
(a) He parades in, leading a contingent of guards.
(b) He is lowered down from the ceiling.
(c) He appears from behind curtains.
(d) He is carried in on a chair.
3. What would we term Taddeo's field of study today?
4. Why is Brother Francis reluctant to speak to the pilgrim?
(a) He has taken a vow of silence and can't remember how to talk.
(b) He is not allowed to speak during his fast.
(c) His throat is hoarse, and it hurts to talk.
(d) He's not sure if the pilgrim will attack him.
5. What priesthood does Leibowitz join?
(a) the Cistercians
(b) the Knowlenians
(c) the Albertines
(d) the Arthurians
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Francis remain a novitiate?
2. What is Brother Francis building?
3. What does Brother Francis find that has the name Leibowitz, I.E. on it?
4. What does the Abbot do when Francis won't categorically deny any mystical significance to the stranger?
5. Why does the robber take the illumination instead of the original?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)