|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Francis speculate that the stain on the blueprint might be?
(a) Leibowitz's tears
(b) Emily's blood
(c) Leibowitz's sweat
(d) Leibowitz's blood
2. In addition to being diplomatic to Taddeo, why does Apollo meet with him?
(a) He hopes to find out what Taddeo knows about Leibowitz.
(b) He hopes to persuade Taddeo to ask for the documents to be sent to him.
(c) He hopes to get political information.
(d) He hopes to ask a favor.
3. What are Bookleggers?
(a) monks who hide books in kegs
(b) monks who memorize books word for word
(c) criminals to use books to make alcohol
(d) monks who hide books on their person, usually in their pants
4. What does the pilgrim have to eat?
(a) a dry crust
(b) milk and bread
(c) a biscuit and cheese
(d) meat and cheese
5. What does Apollo agree to do?
(a) ask the abbot, Dom Paulo, to lend the documents to Taddeo
(b) go to New Rome to ask permission for Taddeo to see the documents
(c) go to the abbey bring back proof of auhentication of the documents
(d) go to the abbey to get the documents for Taddeo
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Francis as a child?
2. What does the Abbot do when Francis won't categorically deny any mystical significance to the stranger?
3. How long is the journey from the abbey to New Rome?
4. What is Brother Fingo's current job?
5. Whose skull is rumored to be the skull with the gold tooth?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)