|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Francis' pet project as a copyist?
(a) decoding Leibowitz's memo book
(b) creating illustrated panels of Leibowitz's name
(c) restoring lost words from damaged documents
(d) making an illuminated version of Leibowitz's blueprint
2. Is Leibowitz a saint at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Yes, he was recently canonized.
(b) No, he is not yet canonized.
(c) Yes, he was canonized long ago.
(d) No, and the monks have given up on having him canonized.
3. What does Apollo agree to do?
(a) go to the abbey bring back proof of auhentication of the documents
(b) go to the abbey to get the documents for Taddeo
(c) ask the abbot, Dom Paulo, to lend the documents to Taddeo
(d) go to New Rome to ask permission for Taddeo to see the documents
4. What does Francis speculate that the stain on the blueprint might be?
(a) Leibowitz's sweat
(b) Leibowitz's tears
(c) Leibowitz's blood
(d) Emily's blood
5. Why does Cheroki finally absolve Francis?
(a) Cheroki is worried about Francis' health and doesn't want him to die without absolution.
(b) Francis is finally truly sorry for his sins.
(c) Fingo confirms that Francis' discovery is real.
(d) Fingo convinces Cheroki that Francis meant no harm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Dominicans find in the sealed inner chamber of the Fallout Shelter?
2. What does the abbot do when he finds out that Francis is planning a complex, illustrated project glorifying Leibowitz's blueprint?
3. With what does the pilgrim attack Brother Francis?
4. How long does Francis remain a novitiate?
5. Cheroki's reaction to Francis' confession is ____________.
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)