|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Abbot do when Francis won't categorically deny any mystical significance to the stranger?
(a) blackmails Francis into lying about his experience
(b) throws Francis out of the abbey
(c) beats Francis each day for 10 days
(d) refuses to allow Francis to take his vows
2. What is the purpose of Francis' black eye patch?
(a) to suggest to the superstitious that he has the evil eye
(b) to stop his wandering eye from looking off the path
(c) to keep the dust from irritating his infected eye
(d) to show that he has one eye always trained on heaven
3. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
(a) He gives no reason.
(b) No pilgrim stopped at the abbey.
(c) The road is blocked, so no one could have come through.
(d) Another novice walking along the road saw no one.
4. Venerable Boedullus created a lake by _____________________________.
(a) accidentally setting off a weapon
(b) praying for the lake to appear
(c) digging for 50 years
(d) rerouting a river
5. What does the sign Brother Francis finds beneath the rocks in Chapter 1 say?
(a) Fallout Shelter Closed by Order of the Fire Marshall
(b) Do Not Enter / Danger: High Voltage
(c) Caution: Wet Floor
(d) Fallout Survival Shelter / Maximum Occupancy: 15
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Bookleggers?
2. Why doesn't Francis open the racing form?
3. What does Brother Francis believe Fallout is?
4. What does Brother Francis find that has the name Leibowitz, I.E. on it?
5. What does Brother Francis at first believe is in the hole?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)