|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Brother Francis attribute his finding of the fallout shelter?
(a) a sign from God of his vocation as a monk of Leibowitz
(b) an inevitable, predestined fate
(c) a lucky accident
(d) a purposeful design by the strange pilgrim
2. Why does Francis go to bed without food?
(a) Brother Francis is allowed no food at all on his fast.
(b) There is no food left for Brother Francis to eat.
(c) Brother Francis decides to eat nothing to cleanse himself.
(d) It is too dangerous to collect cactus fruit in the dark.
3. Is Leibowitz a saint at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Yes, he was recently canonized.
(b) Yes, he was canonized long ago.
(c) No, and the monks have given up on having him canonized.
(d) No, he is not yet canonized.
4. What does Aguerra give Francis?
(a) an ancient rifle for protection
(b) a rosary blessed by the Pope
(c) gold to ransom the illustrated blueprint
(d) the original blueprint, blessed by the Pope, to bring back to the Order
5. How much weight has Francis lost during his vigil?
(a) 10 pounds
(b) 40 pounds
(c) 30 pounds
(d) 20 pounds
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Brother Francis believe the Fallout was born?
2. When did the Age of Enlightenment end?
3. In Chapter 1, what is Brother Francis Gerard of Utah doing in the desert?
4. What does the pilgrim find for Brother Francis?
5. Who does the Pope ask to come to New Rome?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)