|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Pope ask to come to New Rome?
2. What happened to Francis as a child?
(a) He was kidnapped by a shaman.
(b) He was adopted by a loving Utah couple.
(c) He had a vision of Leibowitz.
(d) He ran away from his parents' home.
3. Why does the robber take the illumination instead of the original?
(a) The robber is afraid the Church will kill him if he steals the relic.
(b) The gold-embellished illumination appears more valuable.
(c) The robber is religious and wants the true relic to go to Rome.
(d) The robber is afraid of excommunication from New Rome if he steals the relic.
4. What confession prompts Cheroki to withhold absolution from Francis?
(a) Francis' failure to finish his shelter
(b) Francis' altercation with the pilgrim
(c) Francis' story about finding the relics
(d) Francis' temptation to eat the pilgrim's food
5. Why doesn't Francis open the racing form?
(a) The monks believe that gambling is a sin.
(b) The old paper is too fragile.
(c) The racing form is stuck together with some kind of glue.
(d) Francis considers the racing form holy and doesn't want to touch it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to being diplomatic to Taddeo, why does Apollo meet with him?
2. Why does Taddeo want the documents to be brought to him instead of going to the abbey?
3. Why is Brother Francis reluctant to speak to the pilgrim?
4. How long is the journey from the abbey to New Rome?
5. What does Brother Francis find that has the name Leibowitz, I.E. on it?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)