|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Francis speculate that the stain on the blueprint might be?
(a) Leibowitz's blood
(b) Emily's blood
(c) Leibowitz's sweat
(d) Leibowitz's tears
2. Why are the monks unwelcoming toward Monsignor Flaught?
(a) Flaught is an unpreposessing person whom the monks dislike on sight.
(b) Flaught is a disbeliever who tries to force his atheism on the monks.
(c) Flaught's job is to argue against the canonization of Leibowitz.
(d) Flaught has an eerie aura of the devil about him.
3. What does Francis believe is the most significant event that happened to him in the desert?
(a) building a shelter for himself
(b) finding the fallout shelter
(c) finding the relics of Leibowitz
(d) meeting the old man
4. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
(a) No pilgrim stopped at the abbey.
(b) Another novice walking along the road saw no one.
(c) He gives no reason.
(d) The road is blocked, so no one could have come through.
5. Why doesn't Francis open the racing form?
(a) The racing form is stuck together with some kind of glue.
(b) The monks believe that gambling is a sin.
(c) The old paper is too fragile.
(d) Francis considers the racing form holy and doesn't want to touch it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brother Francis find that lets him know the fallout shelter hasn't been plundered?
2. What term for the unlearned do the people of the Simplification embrace as a complimentary term?
3. What is Brother Fingo's original trade?
4. What does the sampetrius place before the papal throne?
5. What does Francis confess to eating?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)