|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Dominicans find in the sealed inner chamber of the Fallout Shelter?
(a) a treasure trove of electronic equipment
(b) 15 skeletons
(c) blueprint making materials
(d) a miraculously preserved body
2. Why are the monks unwelcoming toward Monsignor Flaught?
(a) Flaught is a disbeliever who tries to force his atheism on the monks.
(b) Flaught is an unpreposessing person whom the monks dislike on sight.
(c) Flaught's job is to argue against the canonization of Leibowitz.
(d) Flaught has an eerie aura of the devil about him.
3. Where does the Abbot send Francis?
(a) to his room to meditate on his sins
(b) back to his vigil in a new location
(c) to the infirmary
(d) back to the ruins
4. What does Francis say about the rumors surrounding his meeting of the pilgrim?
(a) The rumors are true, but with some exaggeration.
(b) About have the rumors are true.
(c) Most of the rumors are completely false.
(d) Most of the rumors are completely true.
5. Why does the robber take the illumination instead of the original?
(a) The robber is afraid of excommunication from New Rome if he steals the relic.
(b) The robber is religious and wants the true relic to go to Rome.
(c) The robber is afraid the Church will kill him if he steals the relic.
(d) The gold-embellished illumination appears more valuable.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Brother Francis attribute his finding of the fallout shelter?
2. Why does Brother Francis only hope to find paper artifacts in the fallout shelter?
3. When did the Age of Enlightenment end?
4. What does the Abbot do when Francis won't categorically deny any mystical significance to the stranger?
5. How does Francis try to get the illumination back?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)