|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Francis as a child?
(a) He had a vision of Leibowitz.
(b) He was adopted by a loving Utah couple.
(c) He was kidnapped by a shaman.
(d) He ran away from his parents' home.
2. Why does the robber take the illumination instead of the original?
(a) The robber is afraid the Church will kill him if he steals the relic.
(b) The robber is religious and wants the true relic to go to Rome.
(c) The gold-embellished illumination appears more valuable.
(d) The robber is afraid of excommunication from New Rome if he steals the relic.
3. What does the abbot do when he finds out that Francis is planning a complex, illustrated project glorifying Leibowitz's blueprint?
(a) shrugs and walk away
(b) revokes Francis's vocation
(c) orders Francis to stop work on the project immediately
(d) sends Francis back to work in the kitchen
4. What does the sign Brother Francis finds beneath the rocks in Chapter 1 say?
(a) Do Not Enter / Danger: High Voltage
(b) Fallout Shelter Closed by Order of the Fire Marshall
(c) Fallout Survival Shelter / Maximum Occupancy: 15
(d) Caution: Wet Floor
5. What confession prompts Cheroki to withhold absolution from Francis?
(a) Francis' temptation to eat the pilgrim's food
(b) Francis' altercation with the pilgrim
(c) Francis' failure to finish his shelter
(d) Francis' story about finding the relics
Short Answer Questions
1. What term for the unlearned do the people of the Simplification embrace as a complimentary term?
2. What does Brother Francis believe Fallout is?
3. What does the Pope decide, based on the evidence?
4. What does the Abbot want Francis to deny?
5. What is Brother Fingo's current job?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)