|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the robber take the illumination instead of the original?
(a) The gold-embellished illumination appears more valuable.
(b) The robber is afraid the Church will kill him if he steals the relic.
(c) The robber is religious and wants the true relic to go to Rome.
(d) The robber is afraid of excommunication from New Rome if he steals the relic.
2. What does Francis speculate that the stain on the blueprint might be?
(a) Leibowitz's blood
(b) Leibowitz's tears
(c) Leibowitz's sweat
(d) Emily's blood
3. How does Francis initially think blueprints were produced?
(a) by drawing in special white ink over blue-painted paper
(b) by filling in blue ink around the white lines
(c) by using a chemical process to impress blue ink around white lines
(d) by using a chemical process to impress white lines on blue paper
4. What are Bookleggers?
(a) criminals to use books to make alcohol
(b) monks who hide books on their person, usually in their pants
(c) monks who hide books in kegs
(d) monks who memorize books word for word
5. What does the sign Brother Francis finds beneath the rocks in Chapter 1 say?
(a) Do Not Enter / Danger: High Voltage
(b) Fallout Survival Shelter / Maximum Occupancy: 15
(c) Fallout Shelter Closed by Order of the Fire Marshall
(d) Caution: Wet Floor
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the abbot do when he finds out that Francis is planning a complex, illustrated project glorifying Leibowitz's blueprint?
2. What does Brother Francis find that has the name Leibowitz, I.E. on it?
3. What is Francis' pet project as a copyist?
4. What is Thon Taddeo Pfardentrott interested in?
5. With what does the pilgrim attack Brother Francis?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)