|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brother Francis believe Fallout is?
(a) a weather system
(b) a monster
(c) a saint
2. Why does the robber take the illumination instead of the original?
(a) The gold-embellished illumination appears more valuable.
(b) The robber is religious and wants the true relic to go to Rome.
(c) The robber is afraid the Church will kill him if he steals the relic.
(d) The robber is afraid of excommunication from New Rome if he steals the relic.
3. Who does the Pope ask to come to New Rome?
4. What does Flaught conclude about Francis' blueprint?
(a) It is a waste of effort.
(b) It shows his misunderstanding of 20th century blueprint processes.
(c) It is a brilliant work of art.
(d) It shows his ability as a forger.
5. Why does Francis go to bed without food?
(a) It is too dangerous to collect cactus fruit in the dark.
(b) There is no food left for Brother Francis to eat.
(c) Brother Francis is allowed no food at all on his fast.
(d) Brother Francis decides to eat nothing to cleanse himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What offer does the robber finally make Francis?
2. Where does the Abbot send Francis?
3. What term for the unlearned do the people of the Simplification embrace as a complimentary term?
4. Why does Arkos let Francis take his vows in the Albertine Order of Leibowitz?
5. Who insists that Francis must complete his illuminated blueprint?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)