|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Francis go to bed without food?
(a) Brother Francis is allowed no food at all on his fast.
(b) There is no food left for Brother Francis to eat.
(c) It is too dangerous to collect cactus fruit in the dark.
(d) Brother Francis decides to eat nothing to cleanse himself.
2. What is Brother Fingo's original trade?
(b) horse trainer
(c) map maker
3. Why is Brother Francis reluctant to speak to the pilgrim?
(a) He has taken a vow of silence and can't remember how to talk.
(b) His throat is hoarse, and it hurts to talk.
(c) He's not sure if the pilgrim will attack him.
(d) He is not allowed to speak during his fast.
4. What is the role of the Devil's Advocate?
(a) to argue for the truth of the rumors
(b) to argue against Francis's priesthood
(c) to argue against Leibowitz's sainthood
(d) to argue against continuing the word of the Order
5. What does the Abbot do when Francis won't categorically deny any mystical significance to the stranger?
(a) beats Francis each day for 10 days
(b) blackmails Francis into lying about his experience
(c) refuses to allow Francis to take his vows
(d) throws Francis out of the abbey
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what is Brother Francis Gerard of Utah doing in the desert?
2. How does Francis initially think blueprints were produced?
3. Where does the Abbot send Francis?
4. Does Francis believe the strange pilgrim was supernatural?
5. What does Francis believe is the most significant event that happened to him in the desert?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)