|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the role of the Devil's Advocate?
(a) to argue against Leibowitz's sainthood
(b) to argue for the truth of the rumors
(c) to argue against continuing the word of the Order
(d) to argue against Francis's priesthood
2. What does Flaught conclude about Francis' story?
(a) It is a true miracle.
(b) It is a manufactured response, made up by the monks together.
(c) It is important evidence.
(d) It is trivial.
3. How does Francis initially think blueprints were produced?
(a) by drawing in special white ink over blue-painted paper
(b) by filling in blue ink around the white lines
(c) by using a chemical process to impress white lines on blue paper
(d) by using a chemical process to impress blue ink around white lines
4. Why does the robber take the illumination instead of the original?
(a) The robber is afraid of excommunication from New Rome if he steals the relic.
(b) The robber is religious and wants the true relic to go to Rome.
(c) The robber is afraid the Church will kill him if he steals the relic.
(d) The gold-embellished illumination appears more valuable.
5. Why are the monks unwelcoming toward Monsignor Flaught?
(a) Flaught has an eerie aura of the devil about him.
(b) Flaught's job is to argue against the canonization of Leibowitz.
(c) Flaught is an unpreposessing person whom the monks dislike on sight.
(d) Flaught is a disbeliever who tries to force his atheism on the monks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Francis open the racing form?
2. How much weight has Francis lost during his vigil?
3. What does the Abbot do when Francis won't categorically deny any mystical significance to the stranger?
4. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
5. What confession prompts Cheroki to withhold absolution from Francis?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)