|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Bookleggers?
(a) monks who hide books on their person, usually in their pants
(b) criminals to use books to make alcohol
(c) monks who memorize books word for word
(d) monks who hide books in kegs
2. How does Francis respond to being hit by the Abbot?
(a) He groans and asks for forgiveness.
(b) He begs the Abbot to stop.
(c) He remains silent and submits to his punishment.
(d) He says, "Deo gratias!"
3. Is Leibowitz a saint at the beginning of the novel?
(a) No, and the monks have given up on having him canonized.
(b) Yes, he was canonized long ago.
(c) Yes, he was recently canonized.
(d) No, he is not yet canonized.
4. Why does Cheroki finally absolve Francis?
(a) Francis is finally truly sorry for his sins.
(b) Fingo convinces Cheroki that Francis meant no harm.
(c) Fingo confirms that Francis' discovery is real.
(d) Cheroki is worried about Francis' health and doesn't want him to die without absolution.
5. What does Brother Francis find that has the name Leibowitz, I.E. on it?
(a) a poster
(b) a diary
(d) a blueprint
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Francis speculate that the stain on the blueprint might be?
2. How does Francis initially think blueprints were produced?
3. What does Flaught conclude about Francis' blueprint?
4. Why does Brother Francis only hope to find paper artifacts in the fallout shelter?
5. Why are the monks unwelcoming toward Monsignor Flaught?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)