|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Cheroki compare Francis' desire to have a vocation?
(a) a dog's desire for a bone
(b) a mouse's desire to run into a hole
(c) a cat's desire to study birds
(d) a vulture's attraction to a dead beast
2. What is Brother Francis building?
(a) a fire pit
(b) a statue
(c) an altar
(d) a shelter
3. What is Brother Fingo's current job?
(d) cook's helper
4. Is Leibowitz a saint at the beginning of the novel?
(a) No, he is not yet canonized.
(b) Yes, he was canonized long ago.
(c) No, and the monks have given up on having him canonized.
(d) Yes, he was recently canonized.
5. What does the pilgrim have to eat?
(a) a biscuit and cheese
(b) milk and bread
(c) a dry crust
(d) meat and cheese
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Francis go to bed without food?
2. What is the purpose of Francis' black eye patch?
3. When did the Age of Enlightenment end?
4. What does the sign Brother Francis finds beneath the rocks in Chapter 1 say?
5. What does Francis picture the fallout shelter becoming?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)