|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Francis as a child?
(a) He was adopted by a loving Utah couple.
(b) He ran away from his parents' home.
(c) He was kidnapped by a shaman.
(d) He had a vision of Leibowitz.
2. Why doesn't Francis open the racing form?
(a) The monks believe that gambling is a sin.
(b) Francis considers the racing form holy and doesn't want to touch it.
(c) The racing form is stuck together with some kind of glue.
(d) The old paper is too fragile.
3. What does the abbot do when he finds out that Francis is planning a complex, illustrated project glorifying Leibowitz's blueprint?
(a) sends Francis back to work in the kitchen
(b) revokes Francis's vocation
(c) orders Francis to stop work on the project immediately
(d) shrugs and walk away
4. What is the role of the Devil's Advocate?
(a) to argue for the truth of the rumors
(b) to argue against Leibowitz's sainthood
(c) to argue against Francis's priesthood
(d) to argue against continuing the word of the Order
5. What does the pilgrim find for Brother Francis?
(a) a stone
(b) some fruit
(c) a stick
(d) a bird
Short Answer Questions
1. What offer does the robber finally make Francis?
2. Why does Cheroki finally absolve Francis?
3. What is Leibowitz's goal in the priesthood?
4. What does Francis say about the rumors surrounding his meeting of the pilgrim?
5. What priesthood does Leibowitz join?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)