|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Abbot do with the fallout shelter?
(a) He closes is awaiting the arrival of trained archaeologists.
(b) He closes it without investigating the find.
(c) He sends to Rome for instructions, meanwhile marking it off limits.
(d) He sends three monks to inventoy it and then closes it.
2. Does Francis believe the strange pilgrim was supernatural?
(a) No, he believes the pilgrim was an ordinary man but doesn't know what happened to him.
(b) No, he realizes the stranger was an ordinary man who tricked him and planned an escape through the mountains.
(c) Yes, but he admits the stranger may have been an ordinary man.
(d) Yes, he is completely convinced the stranger was actually St. Leibowitz.
3. What term for the unlearned do the people of the Simplification embrace as a complimentary term?
4. How does Francis respond to being hit by the Abbot?
(a) He says, "Deo gratias!"
(b) He groans and asks for forgiveness.
(c) He remains silent and submits to his punishment.
(d) He begs the Abbot to stop.
5. To what does Brother Francis attribute his finding of the fallout shelter?
(a) an inevitable, predestined fate
(b) a lucky accident
(c) a purposeful design by the strange pilgrim
(d) a sign from God of his vocation as a monk of Leibowitz
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Bookleggers?
2. What does the Abbot do when Francis won't categorically deny any mystical significance to the stranger?
3. What does the Abbot want Francis to deny?
4. What happened to Francis as a child?
5. Who insists that Francis must complete his illuminated blueprint?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)