|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the monks unwelcoming toward Monsignor Flaught?
(a) Flaught is a disbeliever who tries to force his atheism on the monks.
(b) Flaught has an eerie aura of the devil about him.
(c) Flaught is an unpreposessing person whom the monks dislike on sight.
(d) Flaught's job is to argue against the canonization of Leibowitz.
2. How does Francis initially think blueprints were produced?
(a) by drawing in special white ink over blue-painted paper
(b) by using a chemical process to impress blue ink around white lines
(c) by filling in blue ink around the white lines
(d) by using a chemical process to impress white lines on blue paper
3. What does Francis say about the rumors surrounding his meeting of the pilgrim?
(a) The rumors are true, but with some exaggeration.
(b) Most of the rumors are completely true.
(c) Most of the rumors are completely false.
(d) About have the rumors are true.
4. To what does Cheroki compare Francis' desire to have a vocation?
(a) a mouse's desire to run into a hole
(b) a dog's desire for a bone
(c) a cat's desire to study birds
(d) a vulture's attraction to a dead beast
5. What does the Abbot do when Francis won't categorically deny any mystical significance to the stranger?
(a) beats Francis each day for 10 days
(b) refuses to allow Francis to take his vows
(c) throws Francis out of the abbey
(d) blackmails Francis into lying about his experience
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abbot Arkos dislike about Fingo's figure of Leibowitz?
2. In Chapter 1, what is Brother Francis Gerard of Utah doing in the desert?
3. Which of the following does Flaught NOT use as an argument against Francis' testimony?
4. What is Brother Fingo's original trade?
5. What happened to Francis as a child?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)